ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

krwordgazer

Quote:
manga

[quote:5ccc19ebc6]Hey, it's a hot climate,

But it wasn't a hot climate, it was Thorny Mountain Holt and he wore it into battle with the Djun. That makes about as much sense as a chain-mail bikini.
[/quote:5ccc19ebc6]

But Manga, Rayek didn't wear the "buckle outfit" in the War for the Shards! He wore a dark thing with a hood that Moonshade made for him. I remember it specifically, because she told him at least he wasn't going to stand out in the woods like a strutter-cock!

The buckle outfit was his "Master of the Palace" outfit-- meant, I think, to make him look princely. It succeeded, I think, though I always thought that buckle across his chest looked both useless and uncomfortable. . .

Funny, though. Unless it's something like the Moonshade-Rayek scene, where my attention is being specifically drawn to what the elves are wearing, I don't pay that much attention to it. I guess I'm not really into clothes.

One outfit I did dislike was the first one Dewshine wore. All those quail feathers across her bodice, and the crossed leather thongs from ankle to knee. Just didn't care for it.