ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

krwordgazer

Quote:
Trollbabe

Winnowill has always been regarded as bad, just plain bad. If Winnowill had been born on the original home planet of the High Ones, under the laws of that society, maybe she would have been obligated to live under those laws. However, as far as I can tell, Abode had no central government, no Constitution, no Bill of Rights, no Ten Commandments, no Code of Hammurabai, no Roberts Rules of Order. So how does everybody seem to have the right to condemn her actions and ambitions? Maybe it's that whole deep-seated fear of women being in power. Or the problem people have with artists who experiment with a new medium, in this case living flesh and mental processes.

I don't think anyone's faulting her for fleshshaping, Trollbabe. But if there are any moral absolutes in the universe (and I think there are), killing your son's father in front of him and then torturing that son into insanity must surely be against at least one of them!

Not to mention her intention of wiping out an entire group of people because she considered their blood to be unclean. Hitler, anyone?