ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

JadeOwl

[quote:ca05cc49ca="PCoquelin"][quote:ca05cc49ca="krwordgazer"]Good point, Nowth. I actually found Darth Vader considerably more frightening than I have ever found Winnowill. It's something about the impersonality of that blank face mask (shudders).[/quote:ca05cc49ca]

But there was a man ( oh, well, the remnants of a man ) behind it...[/quote:ca05cc49ca]

And that's part of what's so scary. I no longer find Winnowill scary for the same reason I no longer find Vader scary: I know everything about them. They're predictable. I might even go so far as to say overused. They are no longer effective as a villain because they no longer cause the breath to catch in your throat as you read/watch their evil schemes. Your heart no longer races when you find out who's behind the latest plot for universe domination/the palace/power, because tht's the only person it could be.

In case you couldn't tell, I'm a fan of the old Winnowill. The Winnowill that was crazy, unpredictable, yet had completely understandable motives : keeping herself and her people safe nd under her control.