ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Allura

Quote:
manga

To be honest, I can't see Rayek feeling any competition from Pike. Pike's so omega-wolf, he'd barely flicker on Rayek's register. Also, Shen-shen came to him; he didn't have to fight for her. It doesn't feel to me like there was a competition going on at all.

On normal circumstances I'd agree, but I'm still getting the feel from him that he's still bitter about the Cutter/Leetah thing and any Wolfrider counts as wolf (since he doesn't know wolf hierarchy) and enemy in his subconscious. And she was paying Pike more attention than him and so became rival. If it had not been so soon after his 'defeat' at the Bridge, I don't think those thoughts would have even crossed his mind, but they're fresh in his memories, so illogical things happen.

It's like when Suntop saw Rayek's hair and compared him to Winnowill, even though there are plenty of black-haired people in the Sun Village. I always thought it was because of the recent trauma he'd had and look, someone who somewhat resembles the one who caused it. Let's jump to conclusions. :D

Anyway, that's how I see it.