ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

wishiwaswillow

Quote:
micinjensue

First let's look at the whole Kahvi question. Don't get me wrong I like Kahvi and I even liked the Kahvi story that came out some time back...but I hate how they tied her to the Wolfriders as not only the oldest living Wolfrider but also Two Spear's daughter. Somehow that just seems like a cheap method to link the Go Backs with the Wolfriders. I mean couldn't the Go Backs have been started by their own branch of Elves? The Wolfriders weren't the only elves that succeeded, the Gliders made it (until the Wolfriders found them) and so did the Sun Folk and neither of those groups had genetic ties to the Wolfriders.

I have no problem with the Go-Backs being an offshoot of the Wolfriders. There are some cultural and physical similarities between the two tribes, and all of the tribes are descended from the same small group, which must have grown and splintered into smaller groups at some point. However, I agree that the idea of Kahvi being Two-Spear's daughter and the explanation of how that happened are really really stupid.