ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Steelwhirl

Or maybe any shape-changer reminds Windkin of [i:2deaa8c16b]Tyldak[/i:2deaa8c16b] (who is shape- [i:2deaa8c16b]changed[/i:2deaa8c16b], even if he can't change back and forth). Maybe that's the reason Windkin treats Wavecatcher the way he does? :?

I've been thinking that perhaps the immortal elves in general (and not just the flying ones) have a certain melancholy element to them (just look at Lord Voll when he's first introduced) that the Wolfriders, being tied more firmly to the world, would never experience?

Perhaps Windkin's moodiness can be summed up as "Nobody understands me!" ...maybe he is the way he is because he feels like he doesn't fit in with the Wolfriders?

And I agree that seeing his natural father for the first time must have been a huge disappointment - perhaps it even left Winkin worrying about just how similar to Tyldak [i:2deaa8c16b]he[/i:2deaa8c16b] might be. It might even have made him determined to never be a mindless follower, himself, but to take charge - and that could be another reason for bossing Wavecatcher around.