ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

MultiMEDEA

Quote:

Ekuar was captured by the Trolls when he and his two companions were children. I assume they were guarded around the clock. If so, I guess that Mekda was never allowed enough contact with either of the boys to conceive a child. (Not sure why Guttlekraw didn't think to use them as breeding stock for more Rockshapers - his cruelty knew no bounds.)

By the time Rayek freed him, Ekuar was older than Savah. The two of them lived with the Go-Backs for a few years, and were intimate with them. The Go-backs aren't much into nuclear family structure. So I wonder if Ekuar is capable of fathering children, and if any of the Go-Backs are his offspring.

Lots of interesting ideas, especially that Ekuar might have direct descendants among the Go-Backs. Or, maybe that the trolls did try to breed the trio but for some reason (infertility, lack of Recognition, Mekda being malnourished and mistreated during adolescence, etc.) there were no rockshaper babies for them. Those could make for cool Grab-bag fodder. Smile