ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Startear

Quote:
Lost of them could be in shock over the killings and didn't talk to anybody.

In the Blood of Ten Chief’s anthologies there were numerous examples of the High Ones or their children who eventually slipped into an apathetic state. Some of the examples are no longer canon, while others are not. Even the pure-blooded and some High Ones who in Timmorn’s time hunted (Valloa/Murrel and Enlet comes to my mind) did after a time stop doing that (though that may of course be the product of The Hunt and other wolf-blooded elves did it better.)
Quote:
It makes sense that there were few survivors rather than many in that why didn't the Coneheads all stick together safety in numbers and all that. rather than small groups going their seperate ways. I know they scattered after the initial chaos, but the forest couldn't have been THAT large that they couldn't find each other again after the coast was clear.

But we do not know how far they fled. Some groups may just have been out of sending range, if they even tried sending after others.

Aside from that fact, I do find it hard to believe that the named High Ones in How Shall I Keep from Singing were the only elves to survive, nor that they are the forefathers of all groups. Sure, it is possible that Haken and Gibra were the ancestors of the Gliders, but I hardly believe those two alone could have started such a large tribe alone. It was confirmed that the Rootless Ones are an off-shoot group from The Gliders, and thus Haken are theirs too, but not as sole ancestor.

Lastly I think it is more fun to regard the other elf tribes as not hundred percent connected. There is more magic to the storytelling in that way.