ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

TrollHammer

Well, still looking at software. in the meantime, here's a nice article on the subject of MMO creation (and it follows some of what has been said here):

http://www.mmotomb.com/predictible-game-mechanics/

EDIT:
Having just realized that this might just be another thing I got excited about and won't do anything with, and that I'm mucking up someone else's thread, and that few people probably care about it anyway, I'll knock off posting.

I would like to know if there is still some interest in a game. I'm making it for fun and to learn, but I can make it available if anyone wants to play a game. Also, if others might be interested in it I might be willing to spend some money on some software that will make it look more finished and completed faster (the one I'm looking at is $60 and all you have to add is graphics and rules).

As this will be my last post on this thread unless replying to someone else, PM me if you are interested in working on this project. Biggest issue is character image generation. Pretty much everything else I can eventually come up with. I'm sure my elves and preservers and trolls will leave people wanting something better, though.