ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Embala

I'm afraid Yanclae is talking about something very different as you are aiming for, Jeremy.
You want to create a possible elfin language - taking what you find in the names and the stories. An ambitious fan project to add something to the Pini universe that isn't there so far.
Yanclae - as I understand it - is talking about an actual elfin language that would be when Wendy's wonderful creation would exist for real somewhere.

I love your imagination, Jeremy, and the way you are putting this puzzle together! And I hope, that the fun in it will stay with you! Thumbs_up Don't let discourage yourself! I'd like to read more about it and be a curious, admiring follower of this thread - doubt to be of any help, though.

About the communitcation sphere the Wolfriders found I remember a discussion some time ago. Were you around and part of it, jeb (too lazy to look it up )?
There were mainly two reasons given for the "not understandable" message:

1. The sphere was damaged - and so was the message, scrambled and mutilated.

2. The message was standardized for the Conheads (and their hive mind) - too "intense" for the recent elves. Too condensed, too loud, too high pitched.

Probably a mixture of both.

About Humans being (un)able to learn the elfin language - I remember Lehrigen was speaking it pretty well, Trollhammer. It was mentioned somewhere in the HY story arc, I guess. When it's of any interest I'll hunt down the proof - or correct myself.

P.S.: A plea. Jeremy - would you mind formatting longer posts with some paragraphs and spare lines? Reading through a huge cluster of text is always hard.