ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Jik_Tal

Thanks, everyone. This week has kept me busy. A full-time job, a part-time job and grad school have really filled my plate this week. Some other developments have happened as well but I'm hoping to pick this up Monday morning.

In regard to the language itself I've been going through the last bit of notes as well as writing new ones. I'm still working on sentence structure and, as most of you know, I'm more focused on accuracy rather than speed. "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast." That being said I've been spending some time with the French language (had a few epiphanies too, but nothing that helps this project at the current moment) as well as Japanese. This has guided me to the Ainu language which might offer some additional insight.

I'll be sure to post any updates. Thanks for the information about the characters. Lunakat, I'm looking at your idea for "er" and seeing if I can tweek a current rule which I have never liked much anyway (the rule that "L" at the end is a suffix, creating the suffix "ING" and, simultaneously, "ER"). It seems troublesome at times but I'm reminded frequently that I think too much in human terms and not everything needs to make sense but, rather, "just is." Thanks again, everyone.