ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Jik_Tal

Hello, everyone. I'm still waiting to see if anyone can come up with any language examples (words, sentences, etc.) in the elven language (thinking I'll start refering to this as Abodean Elvish though I think the final decision will reside in WARP's capable hands). I have continued on a bit this evening with the short sentence uttered by Clearbrook, thinking I understand it's meaning and now just determining the words and meanings to it all. We've covered Treestump's too but I haven't written a final translation which I am completely content with. The phrase uttered by the human in Blue Mountain will puzzle me for a while because the intent behind the words or the "meaning" still baffles me.
While some have tried to translate this as a question from the human asking where Winnowill is I think, if it were me, I'd be asking why I had been locked up. But that's just me. I'll save that one for later unless anyone else has any ideas as the meaning behind the human's elven words. I have been going over a new Russian language book as it seems I have gotten rusty. They have helped with the articles and verb forms a bit, given me a few new ideas. In the meantime I'm continuing to work on thesis issues (it's perpetually open in the background on my computer). So, I hope nobody is discouraged. I am still working on this, putting as much time as possible into this...I just wish I had more. Take care, everyone. And, as always, thanks for all the help.