ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

RedheadEmber

I guess we'll figure out more when we see Korafay in Final Quest - she should be roughly 40-odd. Chitter acts and looks like a young adult, but she's a Wolfrider. I wonder if Korafay, born within few years from her, will look older or younger - and especially how tall, compared to her parents. That would take me a step closer to figure out the ages of the Crest Point pips, and of Wavelet when she discovered her talents.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

In the preview pages for issue #1, Sunstream says she's "well grown"... though we don't know to what extent yet. He might just mean that she's not a baby anymore and he feels confident leaving her, and the WaveDancers, for longer time to carry out his duty. Or he could litterally mean that she's grown-up like Chitter - we'll just have to wait and see!

(Of course, this also brings up the question of how old she is psychically. Her father at 18 was already responsible and "grown up" in his own way, so Korafay might take after him being the next "child prodigy". But it might not be the same for all WaveDancers kids.

In the Special the time-skip section ends with "twenty-odd full turns of the seasons later".
As far as I'm aware the "later" refers to after Windkin began working in the forges, which happens shortly after the birth of Korafay.
I've been trying to figure out exactly how many twenty-odd is by looking at Shukopek, but of course at that age there's not much of a difference between a 20-year-old and a, say, 25-year-old...