ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Embala

I LOVED to read through this thread. These stories are everything from funny to touching and always loving. I'm slightly envious that many of you met the Elves at young age, with innoscence and imagination. I'd like to add my story ... more or less. Comics were never appreciated in my family. If anything they were a minor read for kids. I've fought my interest in them when I grew up but it never really died. Around my 25th year I discovered something on the shelf of a local store and this happened: (written for a grab-bag some years ago, so style and choice of words is a bit strange) How things started to happen......................................................................................... *Ya think?* Disaproval. *You are too old for this!* *... but ... this cover is too beautiful ...* Once more I had caught myself with a comic book in my hands - this comic book! *The wolf looks fantastic ...* *You are an adult, are you?!* Once more I tried to make up my mind - should I really buy it? *Crrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrazy* *These figures are so graceful ...* Once more I was too ashamed to pay for it at the cash desk. *... but elves are for children.* The voice of reason (or my shyness) had prevailed over the instinctive wish to possess this album - if only for cover art's sake. I didn't know that it was too late already ... I would return again ... and again ... and finally buy it - read it - fall in love forever. ................................................................................................................The Beginning The title of this German translation did not help much to quiet my shame: "When the evil gnomes were coming" ... shoot me - no, shoot the translator! I ended up MISSING EQ#1 and then bought the second issue and the following three over the next months. And was lucky to get #1 from my cousin - he decided that EQ was not his cup of tea. I've gathered anything I could get during the next 20 years. Then I discovered the Scroll, lurked about two years ... close to 30 years of EQ for me now.