ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Embala

Same here. From the very first contact with EQ and Recognition I got the notion that it only takes one joining to conceive a child of Recognition. The "urge of Recogniton" ends after this first encounter (Cutter, Dewshine) and the mates can stay together or part. It was so clear for me that I never thought about it ... until now. My examples of Cutter and Dewshine are not really helpful ... From their story you can assume that it happened this way but there is no prove positive. So I looked for more evidance. There is the Recognition of Sunstream and Brill you've pointed out, MultiFacets. And there is another one: when Bearclaw and Joyleaf recognized, her immediate reaction after the joining was: "We made a cub, beloved!" For me it looks like the bodies of recognized mates are tuned in an instant the way that only one joining leads to conception (and much faster than it is technically possible for Humans ;) ). Tam had a good point with "the time they needed" for themselves ... never thought about this effect. Recognition is a very deep and stirring experiance - an encounter of souls. Some elves may have the need to take some time just for themselves. My short formula: After Recognitio it takes just one joining to grant conception ... and the elves need or take some more exclusive time together to manage - or enjoy - the mental effects of Recognition.