ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

maatkare22

Welp. That settles it. The Wolfriders are more inbred than a bunch of Kentucky hillbillies. Ok--here's my gripe with the "turn off Recognition" thing: since re-reading my lovely Dark Horse Old Testament Leetah clearly says Way Back When to Savah that, "I suffer as the Wolfrider does, from unbearable need." I never took that to mean she switched Reognition "off," but that she was old enough to resist the pull, but it still weakened her terribly, and that suffering only ended when she finally consummated with Cutter. So all this retconned certainty that Ember simply turned 'off' a switch just doesn't sit right with me. And...I'm just gonna say it--I HATE what's been done with Ember over FQ. Here is a character who I have literally watched grow up, who has been gifted with amazing potential and...I just feel nothing great has been done with her in this arc. I know, I know, in story time it's been only a day or so but we're up to issue #5 and she's been tied up, mentally tortured and spit on, made illogical decisions for her tribe, and literally had to be rescued. If she does't get to chop some heads off next issue there's no way I'm buying the collected series. Yes, Elfmom and Elfpop, your story, your way, but damn...Cutter & Leetah's kid deserves better. Still a fan for life. p.s. Khavi's still a raging beeyotch. p.p.s the 2 books I read right after FQ #5 were Storm #3 and Sensation Comics Featuring Wonder Woman #2 so my bar for strong female leads may be a tad too high.