ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

wildfire

lunakat said:
Leanan said: I'd say ElfQuest is FULL of females who have a wide variety of desires and goals beside motherhood!
I agree. And beyond that- I think Elfquest has explored many, varied facets of relationships. It's got pretty much every kind of relationship you can think of.
I agree when it comes to female elves wanting more than motherhood, but I disagree with EQ having explored pretty much every kind of relationship, this thread testifies to that. Even in the triangle relationships like Leetah/Cutter/Skywise, Cutter/Nightfall/Redlance, and Scouter/Tyleet/Dewshine the main pairing or the trigger is almost always a Recognized pair. Except for Krim/Skot/Pike, they always seemed to have found each other simultaneously. Maybe for elves there's no real difference between the three parts once they've chosen to be lifemates, but for the reader there is definitely a difference IMHO. Scouter&Dewshine had the whole chosen-lifemates and chose to include Tyleet, and personally I kind of see Dart/Kimo+Shuna the same way, in a more platonic way.