ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

the sketch thread

pine

there's nothing wrong with that -it's faster than my way

LordDarkhan

Pine the drawing is simply excellent.. Almost exactly as how I pictured it..

and Kin I can thank you enough for allowing me to ride one of those bad ass creatures.... :D

krwordgazer

Quote:
Kindredsoul

Hey, pine? Have you ever thought of doing these "street sketch characters" for the Magnet High fanfic?
Sorry if that's too bold to suggest Krwordgazer :oops: but his art just reminds me of those in the story Wink

Not at all too bold to suggest, Kindred. :D "Elvin Magnet High" isn't really my baby-- Scarlettdoll conceived the idea and began the stories. But I can't imagine anyone objecting to illustrations by Pine-- if he wants to, that is!

Right, Scarlett?

Arthis

*bows down before Kin*

*makes the happy happy joy dance*

pine

I'm posting the finished pic over in the 'chapter 12' thread, if anyone wants to look...

stardreamer

Yeah.. I do..
is it there already..
*goes have a look*

Arthis

Quote:
Kindredsoul

How did you know I LOVE Calvin???????

Connection, remember? (we are all one...)

Arthis

Do you still have it?

Teejay

more importantly can you show us :D

Arthis

Yes, that was the second question

( Unhappy Teejay is stealing my quotes!!!!!!!!!!! Unhappy )

Teejay

:twisted: Wink

scarlettdoll

Quote:
krwordgazer

Quote:
Kindredsoul

Hey, pine? Have you ever thought of doing these "street sketch characters" for the Magnet High fanfic?
Sorry if that's too bold to suggest Krwordgazer :oops: but his art just reminds me of those in the story Wink

Not at all too bold to suggest, Kindred. :D "Elvin Magnet High" isn't really my baby-- Scarlettdoll conceived the idea and began the stories. But I can't imagine anyone objecting to illustrations by Pine-- if he wants to, that is!

Right, Scarlett?

Of course not! Anyone who wants to contribute is free! :D

MultiMEDEA

Hi, Bonita! Didn't want you to think I forgot about your pic. I'm about half-way finished with it and should be done by tomorrow. I think I'll also do the awakening scene since we never get to see elves kiss in canon. :D

I'm still chugging away at the 'Neverholt' series, everyone. I'm stalled at the moment 'cause I don't know how I want to draw John/Windkin. :(

Bloodwake

Hey can someone sketch me? Since like, I'm one of the kids in the fanfiction :P I am famous.

stardreamer

well since this is the sketch thread I thought lets post a little sketch I made this evening.. under a boring first aid lesson :roll:

Iam working on different kind of haircuts lately.. and this is one of them..
I might post others to.. if I found some time.. to draw en post ;) LOL

Zebula77

That's nice. That could be Jeppe maybe?

krwordgazer

Very nice, Stardreamer. I like the haircut, and the expression. :)

stardreamer

Thanx for the reactions so far :D
yeah.. I like the haircut to.. well on the frontsite that is.. Iam not totaly happy with the way it looks on the back.. but well its a sketch so :roll:

Jeppe

Quote:
Bloodwake

Hey can someone sketch me? Since like, I'm one of the kids in the fanfiction :P I am famous.

Look in the fanfiction area bloodwake :D the first pick is us standing on the edge of the cliff! As you said, we're famous... but i don't think i'll loose ground control... What? What did you say down there? I can't here you up here in the skys!!! Wink

Quote:
Zebula77

That's nice. That could be Jeppe maybe?

Why, thank you?

Why how when who what (or something like that)? What made you think that???

Not because i think it's ugly... It's at least 80 times as good as anything i could make :D :oops:

krwordgazer

Jeppe, my request would be that if you have something private to say to Zebula, could you please PM him rather than writing in a language a lot of us don't know? I feel, well, left out.

In the Norwegian threads it's fine-- I already know there's nothing there for me. But in these main forums, can you write in English? Is that ok? :)

Jeppe

Ok! :D

You can read it in a sec.

krwordgazer

Thanks for editing that, Jeppe! :D

Zebula77

Jeppe: I don't know really. The hair maybe? It looked a bit like your pics in the 'How do you look like?' thread.

Jeppe

Okay, thanks. :D

stardreamer

Quote:
Zebula77

Jeppe: I don't know really. The hair maybe? It looked a bit like your pics in the 'How do you look like?' thread.

the one I drawed?? :roll: lol I didn't know that.. :roll:

Jeppe

It's because i'm so famous that my appearance and haircut just lied (loed??? nah...) in the back of your head, your subconsciousness (sp?) made you do it! Wink Grin

dartfan

Quote:
MultiMEDEA

I'm still chugging away at the 'Neverholt' series, everyone. I'm stalled at the moment 'cause I don't know how I want to draw John/Windkin. :(

Hmmm...

http://www.fi-donc.nl/collectibles/wdcc/c-john.jpg
http://www.ginevra2000.it/Disney/PeterPan/john3.gif
http://home.online.no/~kgroenn/disney/peter%20pan/johnclip.htm
http://www.geocities.com/persephone_lm/Peter_Pan/John_umbrella.jpg (its only small, but could be good)

MultiMEDEA

Thanks, DF! I know I can always count on you for inspiration. :D

dartfan

Quote:
MultiMEDEA

Thanks, DF! I know I can always count on you for inspiration. :D

Well... if you don't finish the Neverholt you can't do my Lost Jackwolf Boys pic *rofl*

krwordgazer

Oh, yes, Jackwolf Lost Boys! Zhantee just has to be Toodles, don't you think? :D

stardreamer

OK... here another little sketch I made..

already saw some things I should change a bit.. but ow well its still a sketch.. Iam thinkin bout inkting it.. so there might be a little change by then :roll:

krwordgazer

Cool, Stardreamer! :D Perhaps you could make the forehead a little higher and the chin a little smaller? Just a suggestion. :)

stardreamer

thanx Krwordgazer
yup the forehead I had notice.. I hope to change that a bit when Iam inkting it :roll:
the chin a little smaller.. hmm.. in what way you mean?? :roll:
like the underside a bit higher.. or euh.. something else.. :roll:

krwordgazer

Sorry, Stardreamer, I'm no artist, so I don't really know what I mean. :( But the chin does seem to jut out quite a lot, to my inexperienced eye. Perhaps if the line of the chin and cheek were closer to the mouth? Or maybe it's just that the mouth is a little big. Wish I could be more help.

stardreamer

thats alright.. I think your right bout the chin.. and I think its the euh... underline that has to be lifted up a littlebit ;) :roll:
anyway.. thanx for the comment :)

stardreamer

another little sketch I made..
still need a lot of work I think.. but well it seems to look like someone ;)

haha. don't mind the drawing on the right to much.. just some pumpkins.. :roll:

comments are as usual welcome :D

LordDarkhan

I LOVE the hair...... great detail on the ears too

krwordgazer

Wow, she looks like she could be Skywise's daughter or sister. :)

Magela_earth

here's a sketch I did a while ago of my brother in elf form, totally early sketch so, excuse the.... earliness, hehe.

Magela_earth

oh yes, and I was thinking the same thing as Darkhan, I love her hair Bart. :D

LordDarkhan

Magela i LOVE the lips on your sketch

stardreamer

Quote:
LordDarkhan

I LOVE the hair...... great detail on the ears too

thanx :D I myself wasn't so sure bout the hair..... but well after a night of sleep I think its kinda OK ;)
the ear indeed went out realy nice.. :)

Quote:
krwordgazer

Wow, she looks like she could be Skywise's daughter or sister. :D

haha..thanx :) I like that..
hmm.. what about Cresent :roll:

Quote:
Magela_earth

oh yes, and I was thinking the same thing as Darkhan, I love her hair Bart. :D

thanx Magela... :D
I must say your sketch looks pretty cool haha..does your brother has green hair?? :roll:
are you gonna finish it?

Arthis

Quote:
Bart

hmm.. what about Cresent

YEs, she definitely has something of Crescent from Wolfrider!
Very nice drawing (and the pumpkins are nice too Wink)

stardreamer

haha.. thanx Arthis..
to be honest I had cresent in mind.. but not realy a example of her to looks how she looks :roll:

yeah.. haha.. the pumpkins.. well that is another drawing Iam working on.. haha.. I bet I don't have to explain for who that is gonna be :roll: ;)

Magela_earth

Quote:
stardreamer

I must say your sketch looks pretty cool haha..does your brother has green hair?? :roll:
are you gonna finish it?

thanks, yes he does have green hair, i got green playdough stuck in it when we were kids, and it never left. Haha, NO, but that would be cool, it's poo brown. Ya, i'll finish it sometimes, hopefully soon, along with all the other millions sketches I want to finish.

I, for one, would like to see the finished pumpkin drawing.

stardreamer

Quote:
Magela_earth

Quote:
stardreamer

are you gonna finish it?

thanks, yes he does have green hair, i got green playdough stuck in it when we were kids, and it never left. Haha, NO, but that would be cool, it's poo brown. Ya, i'll finish it sometimes, hopefully soon, along with all the other millions sketches I want to finish.

haha. I know what you mean.. I have that kinda problem to.. with some old drawings I have.. :roll:

[quote:2122a71f94]
I, for one, would like to see the finished pumpkin drawing.[/quote:2122a71f94]
gheghe.. well that one is supose to be finished around this friday.... so maybe I scan it and place it to ;)

Magela_earth

yes yes do

micinjensue

Okay, I feel like sharing a few more of my old sketches with you guys (n' gals Wink ) so here goes:

The first was a study of Clearbrook for my comic (well, not really a study - rather a drawning of her with a wolf.) I really like this picture. You will note that she's wearing a different outfit...yup...I really seem to like fringe Wink

This one is of One-Eye with a wolf...I don't like his pose or is right hand...erm that's the hand you can see easily...oh well, I like his expression though :roll:

And this last one is a drawing of both Clearbrook and One-Eye. I like Clearbrook in this one...but once again One-eye's pose and his hand (right again) is just not right. Still, I like his face in this one too. Surprised

I am being so lazy...these are old drawings...everything I seem to put up is old work...Oh well, I do have a particularily sweet sketch of an elf lass sitting in contemplation (of what? I don't know) which I really like and want to turn into a proper drawing...so who knows...maybe some new work will spark my interest again.

BTW - JDUFF is my moniker to...I just don't use it anymore. Furthmore the 2 top pictures have been resized to better fit the screen so they look a bit funky...er

LordDarkhan

Mic you draw Clearbrook very well Grin

micinjensue

Thanks Darkhan, I really like Clearbrook, I think that I identify with her the most...

Arthis

Hi Mi, I glad you're here. How are you?
I just love the third one. So intense and dramatic!

scarlettdoll

those are really good Mic! I agree, you do have Clearbrook down pat.

micinjensue

:oops: Thanks...I'm blushing (mostly cause they are old drawings. oh well), I'm doing better Arthis, everyday I wake up a little stronger though it is strange to say that I'm looking forward to surgery I want to get this tube out of my back so bad! (And I've only had it in for like 2 weeks I think :roll: )

krwordgazer

Mi, I just LOVE your work. You really have a feeling for these two characters! :D

stardreamer

Quote:
micinjensue

:oops: Thanks...I'm blushing (mostly cause they are old drawings. oh well), I'm doing better Arthis, everyday I wake up a little stronger though it is strange to say that I'm looking forward to surgery I want to get this tube out of my back so bad! (And I've only had it in for like 2 weeks I think :roll: )

that is good news to hear, that your getting stronger everyday..

and thanx again for sharing your beautiful drawings

Magela_earth

glad to hear you're doing okay also Mi

and ya, you do Clearbrook justice, she's beautiful under your hand.

Xan21

Safara

I started drawing just her face but I wanted to do something different so I sticked these 4 A4 papers together and made this sketch, I think Im gonna make a painting out of it. :)

lostshard

i see pussy's... sooooooo sweettttttt.... i like it mucha....

stardreamer

ow men..that was is just awsome..
its a realy cool pict..
wow.. if your gonna make a painting of it.. don't forget to show us that one to.. :) would love to see it..

Silberschweif

So wonderful sketches @micinjensue and Xan21 Surprised.

@Xan21 your cats on the pic reminds me on my own cat, Sefra who died 10 years ago.

Wish I had a sketch I could also show here ^^°

Silber

LivietheLurker

Awww, pretty - are they based on caracals, Xan? - kittens! Beautiful as always Xan!

PCoquelin

@Xan : Surprised WOW ! Surprised
And put like you did, I first thought it was bedsheets ! :D :idea:
Great, great, great work, keep it coming...

Firya

Meow!

Magela_earth

ooh love it, she has a cheetah tail, i love cheetahs

krwordgazer

Xan, you show a real love of and understanding of cats. Beautiful.

scarlettdoll

Xan, how long did you watch a cat to get that movement in the foremost one so right?

BTW where the devil is Pine?

stardreamer

wow.. with all those beautiful pict in here.. I hardly don't dare to puth some sketches in :roll:

but ow well.. I'll give it a try..

this one you have seen before..
its getting more and more finished :roll:
haha.. don't mind the grey in her face to much.. its not finished yet..
also I wasn't happy with the clothes.. so I have to draw those again.. :roll:
ow.. and its supose to be Cresent :roll: just a note in case you didn't saw it :roll:

This one is another sketch..
is a close up of a face.. trying out some shade stuff..
not realy happy yet.. but o well. its a sketch..so hopefully it will get better later Wink

and the last one..is a little more then just a head :roll: haha.. before you all start to think I only draw heads :roll:
well mostly I do.. but well haha. .working on drawing a little more of the body so... :roll:
haha. whatever..
O.. I like the haircut of this one.. its a haircut I saw a while ago on a girl.. haha.. I thought it looked cool.. so now Iam trying to draw it..
think it turned out pretty well.. (the haircut Wink)

anyway.. thats it..
haha.. now you ppl know what I do in my luchbreak on my job..
haha.. I just don't need half an hour to only eat my luch :roll:

Brighteyes

Quote:
Xan21

Safara

I started drawing just her face but I wanted to do something different so I sticked these 4 A4 papers together and made this sketch, I think Im gonna make a painting out of it. :)

It's fantastic Alexander!

Your talent is brethtaking!... I love it!

More, more!

krwordgazer

I can't see yours, Stardreamer. :(

stardreamer

thats strange they should be able to see..

still can't see them???
if so.. I place some direct links to them..
or a link to EQfanart... :roll:

Zebula77

I can see them fine. Weird! :?

stardreamer

could be a bussy time on photobucket..
I gues they are able to be seeing now :roll: or so

krwordgazer

Oh, now I can see them. I like, I like! Especially the one in the middle-- the half-face is cute!

stardreamer

glad you can see them.. and thanx for the comment :)

Brighteyes

Hey Bart!

Sorry did not see yours yesterday!!!

They are great!!!!
You should keep posting them... I like!!!!!

Teejay

nice drawings :D

lostshard

keep up the good work bart

stardreamer

Thanx for the comments Girls and guy :)

Quote:
Brighteyes

Sorry did not see yours yesterday!!!

thats OK..
[quote:8921f688c5]
They are great!!!!
You should keep posting them... I like!!!!![/quote:8921f688c5]
thanx :) I will.. because you like them Wink Grin

lostshard

edit

Teejay

wauw, nice, love the colours :D

Magela_earth

wow

Bart, love the half finished cresent, her hair is super nice.. so far, hehe. And i love close ups on faces too, :D

Stefan, Those are great, love you with your pastels. They (especially the first one) remind me of the kind of stuff that Louavi does. Here check out her stuff.

http://decayrapture.deviantart.com/

Nienna

A scetch of my elf-self...no scanner,so I had to try and make it work with the webcam.

Firya

Nienna, that was GORGEOUS!
*runs off to buy you a scanner*

Brighteyes

@Nienna;

God that is so gorgious! I love the eyes.... the hole look!
please keep posting your work!

Nienna

Aww thanks guys! I'm so glad you liked it :D

Zebula77

See? The eyes. Everybody likes them, hehe. Very nice. Wink

Nienna

hehehehe I'm über-pleased Grin

Magela_earth

Yes, uber nice, very nice eyes, hehe.

Got bored at work cus my fide was AN HOUR late, so I ganked this from Hidden Years when strongbow finds lashpaw, i'm so not into copying already existing pics, but I was lazy and bored, and it's mostly all i've sketched lately cept for crap so here ya go

Zebula77

Very nice, Manda. Cute Strongbow, actually, hehe. :D

stardreamer

wow.. the new sketches all looking verry good :D
great job to all of you :D

stardreamer

Quote:
Kindredsoul

Awww, Bart! I'm sorry! I just now found your pics of Crescent!! Surprised
They're adorable!!!! :D

ow.. that is OK. :)
thanx for the comment :D

lostshard

manda.....is coooool.....i like it....i wonder what you'll make if you sat down... :D

okeeeee... another test from me :)

pine

Quote:
scarlettdoll

BTW where the devil is Pine?

YOOPS!
I haven't totaly disappeared...Just been a little busy in real life
Thanks for checkin on me :)

Xan21

A test painting of Safara for colours and such, I don't like the endresult that much but it's an alright practice for the big one I posted before...

Firya

*growl*
Pretty pretty!

Firya

<double post>

Nienna drew theese :D :D :D
It's me and my ferret Nero, LOVE IT!

krwordgazer

Xan, that's breathtaking! If that's only the practice painting. . . Surprised

Can't wait to see it! :D

Firya, thanks for sharing those! They're so sweet, Nienna!

Zebula77

Lise: Nice pics for Sunniva! :D

Silberschweif

Quote:
Xan21

A test painting of Safara for colours and such, I don't like the endresult that much but it's an alright practice for the big one I posted before...

Did you colored the whole picture?
This part of the picture looks amazing.

Could be a picture for my wall, if I had
a good printer Unhappy

LivietheLurker

She's beautiful Xan!

NEXT PAGE