ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

New WendyWords: You Sure You Want A Career in Comics?

Skyfall

Hey all! Got some new stuff. Brand new WendyWords on the main page. Go take a look and enjoy!

--Tim--

Fourleafclover

Wise words born of much experience and little idealization.

Make me realize that I haven't done enough to make my dreams come true. I need to sweat more.

Trollbabe

Would do more to pursue my dreams were I not pursued by my creditors!

Fourleafclover

Quote:
Trollbabe

Would do more to pursue my dreams were I not pursued by my creditors!

ROTFL!

I hear that! I hear that! Do what I do! Ignore your creditors! (Ha-ha! Stupid student loans... we screen our calls now.)

Trollbabe

Want my degree? It makes a nice placemat.

scarlettdoll

Grin What's your degree in Trollbabe? I'm currently using my diploma as a doorstop (I've got an English degree)

Trollbabe

The above is a Garrison Keillor line from "Prairie Home Companion." I double majored in Art and English. Now I'm in food service.

PCoquelin

Hmmm, Trollbabe, want an avatar ?

[img:d050d9dc49]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/pcoquelin/EQ2/PC812_PrettyTrinketAv.gif[/img:d050d9dc49]

Trollbabe

Yes, thank you! I never could figure out how to do avatars. BTW I have no control over this computer (downloads, settings, etc.) as it is a library computer.

PCoquelin

Here's an adapted guideline, then :

1. Select ( with the mouse ) the following :

[color=darkblue:7b50d367f2]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/pcoquelin/EQ2/PC812_PrettyTrinketAv.gif[/color:7b50d367f2]

2. Type the keyboard shortcut : Ctrl + C
( both keys together, beginning with Ctrl, then off )

3. Go to the "Profile" section ( up the screen )

4. At the BOTTOM of this page, you will find :
" Upload Avatar from a URL: "

5. Go in the frame and use the keyboard shortcut : Ctrl + V

6. Click on the Submit button

It should work.

Trollbabe

Would like to know if anyone else has published any cartoons or comics.

Fourleafclover

I'm trying.... Grin I've been hammering away at an experimental mini-series for the past two years... but in high school I regularly put out comics that I photocopied and sold at local comic book shops.

MrsGrizzley

I write stories by the proverbial ton. I'd *love* to be able to draw worth a darn so I could do up my one completed novel in a visual style. I can almost "see" how some of the pages would look. *sigh*

Maybe someday I can find an artist similarly educated in Elfquest and Manga storytelling with a dash of Lord of the Rings and sit down and go over the thing page by page.

Until then I pour over "How to draw Manga" books and dream.

Mrs. Grizzley

joselle

I have an in-progress children's book that's not yet published but it will be soonish. (The author and his wife are self-publishing, then they're giving all the proceeds to breast cancer research!) All the illustrations are, like 80-90% done, and I'm just sorta waiting for the author to give me the finial edit, but he's old and busy so things are going really slow.... :roll: And by old I mean like, 80+. (and he's still working full time. yikes!) Surprised

Flowerstar

I once published a free style doujinshi magazine with two friends (doujinshi are self-published fan manga) and was planning on publishing two of my stories in them. Some of the members contributing to the magazine wanted to draw them ... But after publishing two issus we had to stop because of financial and health reasons - mainly the latter, as the stress began to wear down on my friends and myself quite heavily.

Trollbabe

Have drawn a few one-panel gag cartoons for college publications and free local shoppers. Fame and fortune elude me.

Trollbabe

Does anyone draw and/or write webcomics? (Besides Elfmom, I mean - duh!)

Skyfall

Quote:
Trollbabe

Does anyone draw and/or write webcomics? (Besides Elfmom, I mean - duh!)

I've been attempting to. This last semester at school had taken me out of being able to do updates for quite a while, but now that the semester is over and the next should be a much lighter schedule, I'm hoping to get back into things.

You can find mine here:

Beyond Neverwonder is a mashup of Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan. It follows a girl named Alice who thinks she's seeing things when a mysterious hole appears out of nowhere, a hole that only she can see, when she ends up being pushed down. She ends up in a world called Neverwonder, where things don't always reflect reality and the world she sees in the mirror may just be the end of everything.

Tekitsune's Foxtails is more of a little bit of random stuff. This is where I take my little real-life adventures and present them in the form of Kit, a human-fox and his female alter-ego, Kat. It's a little slice of life that's just a bit off. Terribly random. :)

I'm not sure how well these will ever end up. They're both really experiments and excuses for me to practice drawing and writing. I just need to get back into things again.

Foxeye

Surely you've not missed me posting pictures from mine all the time, Trollbabe? I thought I was becoming a downright nuisance about it. Grin Been doing it for two years now, even though we update friggin' slow. (see "Jungle Fire" link in sig).

Neneka_hybrid_Elf_goddess

i saw them and i still plan to continue being a manga -KA and doing American styled comics just need to find a publisher

Trollbabe

Gave up on my artist side a long time ago. Maybe I will pick it up again someday.

lunakat

I'm just starting to get into a career in comics. Yay!