ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Some what-if picture editing... (anyone remember these? ;-)

Leanan

I'm only posting these because LordDarkhan asked me to, and I'm not sure if this is the correct forum so preservers feel free to move this somewhere else...

What if...

And this one I just couldn't resist making: Oddbit's daydream

Arfurido

LOL @ the last one!!!! Grin Soo funny...

The first one I was like "there is something different about this pic but I can't figure out what...." the second one is GORGEOUS, I wish Moonshade was a dark elf! :D The Skywise one tho is just weird... but still kinda cute! :)

cactus

Oh, I love the one of Moonshade.

Kathleen

I like the green skywise. He looks like a male dryad!(is there such a thing?)
But I also love the one of Moonshade. Please add more. These rock.

Leanan

Thank you. Maybe I will...

NightAngel

Hm, it's weird to see their skin in another color..
: )

LivietheLurker

Cool! Although you have to feel sorry for Skywise...

Leanan

The green one or the brown?

Jeppe

I actually like the brown and green Skywise's...
Ummm, chocolate or grape? :twisted:

Leanan

I think he looks delicious chocolate too... :twisted: but I'm surprised of the green one's popularity... thought only a troll would fancy it...

Jeppe

Nonooo... I don't know which of the three i would like to roll in the furs with most :twisted: :P

"Only for trolls" tsk!

Fourleafclover

I like the dark Skywise - reminds me of Storm from the Xmen.

Leanan

@Jeppe: heh, well you almost were Two-Edge so you count as a troll.

((because your mother says so!))

Got rid of the character maybe, but not the evil mama... you've started collecting mothers haven't you anyway...

Jeppe

Yeees, you could say that... I've got four forum moms... (i hope they don't see my posts here... They would give me a long talk about young people and such... Nah, just kidding... :P )

Oh yeah, definitely the Green, number 2 the black/brown and number three the white... :twisted:

Leanan

I'm your evil stepmother or something then...

(I just read a topic started by Woe about the Winnie/Two-Edge dream sequence in New Blood... I'm the mother who gives you dreams like that, or close enough. I'm the worst possible influence a growing lad can have. If you weren't twisted already I'd twist you.) :twisted:

Jeppe

Who's twisted?

Seriously... Don't trust Joybringer...

Leanan

((If you aren't that can be fixed...))

Sorry, I went all Winnie back there and forgot the brackets too...

I don't trust him but it was a nice topic...

Jeppe

Started by Joy??? Surprised :? :P

Leanan

Well, I have a strange definition of 'nice'...

Jeppe

Oh, i bet that movie was nice as well... Wink

Leanan

Indeed...

Leanan

And here's more:

Arthis

Oh my Goddess! My poor poor Savah!

She must be ill!

(From the first page, I really love dark Skywise, and you know how much I'm not a Stargazer's fan...)

krwordgazer

Interesting, Leanan. Surprised The green Skywise is hysterical!

I can just hear Picknose saying, "you sneaky colorchanging elf! Stay away from my daughter!" Grin

Arfurido

The white Savah looks like a Conehead with elven eyes Grin

LordDarkhan

I think the brownskinned Scouter looks very natural..

havent decided about dark skywise

although the green one is interesting

light skinned leetah looks like nightfall with red hair to me

Moonshade, who i always thought was sexy(just dont like her), looks just as sexy dark skinned.

I agree wtih Arthis, something about Savah light skinned makes her look sickly.

Rayek looks normal to me

Cutter looks a little scary to me.

LordDarkhan

Leanan, you must show us the twins with different colors...

the funny thing is, i always thought that savah pale would just look like timmain...but i have now changed my mind on that .lol....

ooooh what would winnie look like dark with black hair???

scarlettdoll

i thought pale Rayek looked a bit sickly.

Ooh! Can you do someone like a surfer girl? Tanned skin and bleached blonde hair? Grin

LordDarkhan

give treestump black hair and green skin.... hehehehehehhe

Fourleafclover

Poor Rayek! He just don't look right with light skin.

Yes! Give us some elves in troll colours! :D (Sorry if we're being too demanding of your Photoshop talents.)

Jeppe

I want more male green elfs, i actually find them more attractive than the normal colored! (i would have asked about more dark ones as well, but cutter was kind of a turn down (that ain't a good picture to edit, i think though...))

Leanan

Twins, winnie, surfer girl, and more green elves, starting with Treestump...

all right, just be patient....

(thanks for the requests I was running out of ideas...)

Now how would Dewshine look like with that surfer tan... or maybe ... Joyleaf?

Leanan

since I had nothing better to do this morning...

First, the requests:

I chose Dewshine for the surfergirl pic because her clothing is suitably sexy... but then I noticed brown doesn't really suit a tanned girl, thus a change of color scheme:

Then I had some ideas of my own:

this one turned out rather good but it needed a lot of editing to even out the skin tone...

Some Sun village lovelies and Redlance baked brown...

I had another go at Cutter and Rayek:

Leanan

I cut the post in two because the previous one probably filled the page. (this probably makes no sense. The things I do very seldom make sense, especially if computers are in any way involved...)

So here are green versions of almost every image in the post before this one (notice the experimentation with different hues...):

Doesn't she make a lovely little faerie?

I have to admit Maleen is gorgeous... maybe even cuter than the real one, because she too has that fey element in her...

Kathleen

:twitch:
So..
Very..
Wrong!
Rayek kind of looks sick. But everyone else looks great, as always
("Hey, look Pciknose, it's your long lost half-elf brother!")

Leanan

The green Rayek? Yeah maybe I made him a bit too pale?
LOL I think Lord D wanted me to prove that Treestump does look a bit like a troll...

krwordgazer

Love them, Leanan! I especially like the tan Cutter-- with the hair, he's colored like a Malibu Ken. luscious! :)

ReyesLord

I absolutely love the tanned Redlance and Cutter! Grin

Can I request a tanned Strongbow and One-Eye next? Please! :D

Leanan

Request aknowledged. Will do more when I have time...

LordDarkhan

okay Lenan, this batch is my FAVE...great job

winnowill.....GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE HER LOVE HER

Tanned Dewshine is giving me a very strong marilyn monroe vibe, im diggin her

and treestump IS A TROLL...that picture is living proof..well mabye not living, but its proof

and Leanan you are right, Maleen is simply BEAUTIFUL green.. i mean wow.

Ember looks sickly pale, Suntop looks somewhat normal

Dewshine is reminding me of an elvin oddbit with the blonde hair and green skin

Aroree brownskinned is Savah, I am convinced.

Shenshen looks a little sick pale, fun troll though

Rayek and Cutter green just dont work for me. Well actually cutter works a little bit.

Redlance green is a knome, no if ands and butts.
Redlance brown works, but the redhair throws it off for me.

Leanan

I agree Aroree looks like Savah...

Hmm its funny how people have different opinions about some pictures...

If Treestump is a troll he's the most handsome of them ... no big nose, no warts. I'm not such a big fan that I wouldn't mind having fun at his expense... he might actually have some luck among troll ladies... but I doubt he'd like it ... unless of course he was totally drunk... lol I love the scene in Forbidden Grove when Cutter licks Oddbit...
evil plot: feed Treestump an overdose of dreamberries, paint him green, and sell him to some troll lady to play with...

I think some of the pics don't just look right because the new skin colour doesn't suit their clothes btw... Ember and Suntop have exactly the same hue but Suntop's clothes suit it better.

MultiMEDEA

It's not that the skintones are wrong, per se, it's just that they're flat. They don't have any shading or highlights to make them lively or appear more natural. WP tends to give the trolls grey/brown/yellow/purple undertones. I'm gonna take a crack at editing some of them to show you what I mean (if you don't mind, Leanan).

Leanan

Not at all - I'm just a beginner. Looking forward to seeing your work.

MultiMEDEA

Thanks!

Edited trolls:

Leanan

Wow...

But y'know what - the originals were just as flat, I didn't even out any shades... all I changed was hue/saturation and brightness/contrast...

Look at Skywise in the pic with pale Maleen and Ruffel - any difference? I didn't touch him!

these remind me of what Wendy did to the archive editions...

MultiMEDEA

Yeah, it depends a lot on the source material.

Which is why I love the Donning/Starblaze editions of EQ and can barely tolerate the Father Tree Press versions. Some people honestly say they can't see a difference. :?

Leanan

Which ones would those be, Medea? *ignorant*

PCoquelin

Err... MultiMedea, this gives 'em a -urk- corpse-like aspect, y'know...

Leanan

well now that you mention it... PC I'm surprised you have such a loony mind to think of that... I didn't think of corpses at all! Not once making all those green elves.

Btw I'm very proud of Lord D's new sig and avi... spreading out the looniness virus...

Brighteyes

I love the tanned Cutter!!!!

He looks soooooooo hot! even hotter then before...... But then agein.. I have a soft spot between the thies for any living darkskinned hotties..... so......... :roll:

hihi........ :twisted:

MultiMEDEA

Just working with the original greentone, PC.

But I think Rayek makes a pretty cool elf zombie. I may adopt him as an avi. :mrgreen:

Leanan, there's a post here somewhere by Mirr and Shara listing all the various EQ editions available. The Donning books were the 1st 20 issues of Elfquest bound in trade paperback form and hand-painted. The Father Tree Press books switched over to a very subpar digital coloring process.

NightAngel

Like it!

Jeppe

Quote:
Leanan

OOOoh! Would someone make an avatar out of this! Palease!?!?

(even though i like the brown one of him just as much... Some of the green colors seems a little pale :( It takes of the so-called "sexiness")

Arfurido

Wow, everyone is into green elves!!! Surprised Surprised Grin

I LOVED the brown skinned Redlance and Aroree! Nice work you guys, keep doing this!! :D

MultiMEDEA

For Jeppe (or anyone else :D ):

LordDarkhan

woooo whoooooo i started a trend..... My trend setting now reaches to the depths of Elfquest...............muhahahahahahaha :D

Fourleafclover

These are so awesome! :D

cactus

LOL. Great job Leanan. Suddenly there was green elfs everywhere, so I understood that I would have to go in here and check. Grin
How about pale trolls?

Magela_earth

ya the browned red lance is awesome, but I don't much like the white sunvillagers, being so used to seeing them darker they just look sickly and not as rich and beautiful.

Aroree does look just like Savah when browned

and Winny is pretty cool dark, but i like her milky too. I like both

but I like brown on brown skin...it looks really earthy, which I think suits the wolfriders.

Jeppe

Quote:
MultiMEDEA

For Jeppe (or anyone else :D ):

uuuh! Thanks medea!!!

Leanan

Zombie/troll/faerie elves are trying to take over the forum!

Pale trolls ... somehow I suspect they would look horrible... so of course I have to try it...

Others feel free to make your own too if you have a scanner...

I haven't had much time, but I haven't forgotten what i promised Reyes Lord... cursed real life keeps me busy this weekend...

PCoquelin

Hmmm... I think I'd prefer 'em blue or something else than green (or yellow or any of those corpsy or loony colours...)
Like Cactus' avatar, y'see ?

Leanan

I'll do some blue ones just for you, PC...

Kathleen

ooh?

What about Purple! All different shades of Purple!
Pretty please?

Jeppe

OOOH! Purple, blue and red elves??? Yeeessssss!

Paleaaase sweet sweet Leanan??

Leanan

all right... I have a suspicion red elves would just look cartoon-angry, know what I mean, steam coming off their ears... will experiment with great interest.

next week, my darlings...

cactus

[quote:90151d335b]Like Cactus' avatar, y'see ?[/quote:90151d335b]
That I love. Thank you again for letting me use it PC. :D

PCoquelin

maybe a lil' violet for yours...

I liked the pink version a lot :

Nienna

hawhawhaw
That looks exactly how I feel the day after a good night out!

krwordgazer

Blue elves-- are they going to end up looking like Smurfs? Surprised If they do, I think they really are going to kill you next time they see you, Leanan! Grin

scarlettdoll

Grin We got M&M Elves! No wonder everyone wants the green ones. (you know what they say about those green ones) Wink

Rainedancer

OMG those elves look soo cool Leanan!!! I can't wait till next week and more werid elves!!! :D :D
Could I please place a request for Dark skinned Clearbrook? :D

Fourleafclover

*Looks forward to the Smurf elves* :mrgreen:

MultiMEDEA

Quote:
scarlettdoll

Grin We got M&M Elves! No wonder everyone wants the green ones. (you know what they say about those green ones) Wink

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :mrgreen:

scarlettdoll

ROFL! Grin Suddenly, that lil story seems much more plausible!

Jeppe

*pssssst medea, i think you have to move the 'M' down a bit to make that statement true Wink :P *

Kathleen

JEPPE! That's horrible!

Jeppe

EDIT: OH MY GOD!!!

I DID NOT WRITE THAT!!! Surprised

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Damn... :oops:

Kathleen

Well, of course I've heard of it. I've written about it, too, but that's not the kind of thing you should be talking about here!
:oops:

Jeppe

Cough :oops: I didn't... Don't know what mare rode me right there... :oops:

Kathleen

Jeppe, you need a pretty slash story. Want any elf in particular? Wink

Jeppe

What? Slash story?

Kathleen

guy/guy, or girl/girl pairings.

NightAngel

Yeah count me in ;P

MultiMEDEA

Bad, bad Jeppe. :D

Tho I admit some culpability in instigating (along with M&M/Mars Corp. for coming up with the slogan :) ).

Jeppe

Oh, you should see what was written there before the editing Medea!

Why would i need that???

Kathleen

They're fun to have and Elfquest fandom is in short supply.

Jeppe

Oh...

Kathleen

Heheheheh!
I am...
I am...
Cripes, there's no Hero name for that.

stardreamer

ROFL..
wow.. this is sooooo funny.. It realy made me laugh
hahahahahaha.. ROFL LOL Grin

NightAngel

Hm, I said something while I don't understand this is all about haha..
Ah well, my English still ain't that well.

So Stardreamer, what's so funny?:)

MultiMEDEA

Quote:
Rainedancer

Could I please place a request for Dark skinned Clearbrook? :D

Ooo...I second that request! She would look so cool with dark skin, like Storm from The X-Men. I'd do it myself but I can't seem to get my cg program to cooperate with making universal hue & saturation changes. :(

Leanan

This is what I wanted to make for Lord D but I thought I'd deleted the original... turned out there never was an original file, it was just one layer in my desktop backround...

These are for Reyes lord and rainedancer:

And these I made for my own pleasure. I think Kahvi looks hot in any colour, do you agree Nightangel?

And the rest are for Jeppe and Cactus and PC and Kathleen and everyone else who likes M&M...

I think red Strongbow looks angry and blue Clearbrook and One-Eye look like they were freezing... could be just the pics I chose though... I didn't have much choice I wanted ones with shading so Medea should have nothing to complain about ...

I forget who wished for this, but here goes:

You are right Wordgazer the elves do want to kill me for this... as do the trolls... but I have Arrowspeed guarding my back now from further attacs...

NightAngel

Quote:
Leanan

And these I made for my own pleasure. I think Kahvi looks hot in any colour, do you agree Nightangel?

My eyes immediatly catched the Kahvi pics!! And later I read your comment to me;)
It looks great yeah ! The red one, so powerful!
You also choosed a nice pose of her btw..

Leanan

Medea, this is my technique: first I select all visible areas of skin, including the black edges and shadings and so on, then I cut and paste it as another layer, and make the changes to that layer... dunno if it works with your program, mine is a fairly simple one...

MultiMEDEA

No complaints, like I said, it depends on the source material.

Blue One-Eye & Clearbrook remind me of pretty frost faeries (if you gave them Preserver wings). :D

Jeppe

Ooooh, lovely all of them! Especially the kahvi ones :D

krwordgazer

Medea, if Leanan gives Clearbrook and One-Eye lacy wings, they really WILL kill her. And then she won't be around to play here anymore. Unhappy

cactus

Love them all! (Maybe not green strongbow Grin ....but still..great job!)

scarlettdoll

Bravo Leanan! The Kahvi in color one looks like it should be art-nouveu on cultured people's walls (eg Andy Warhol)

Dark-skinned Strongbow kinda looks like chocolate. Hey there's an idea! Chocolate Strongbows for Easter, instead of bunnies.
Man, WaRP really needs to get with the candy tie-ins. Grin

NEXT PAGE