ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Some what-if picture editing... (anyone remember these? ;-)

Prism

Those swaps do look good. And it fits them too. Nice job!

LordDarkhan

Those swaps are good, and thanks for the pic leanan :D

Jeppe

D'OH! I though Nightfall was Leetah and the other way around!! :roll:

Leanan

Hahaha that means I've succeeded!

NightAngel

Nightfall is pretty.

Arfurido

That is so cool, I mean about Nightfall and Leetah. They have just about the same hair, but even if you swap the color of eyes and hair, they still look very much like themselves. Wendy is just so good at face shapes, she stays so true to her characters!

innie

I really love the pics of Nightfall, Clearbrook and Kahvi. I think it suits them.

twinklebug

Wow! Nightfall and Leetah look hot switched around! Also, I would love to see Winnie with Ember's coloring.

Leanan

One more switch (I'll do Ahdri and Aroree later...)

Hydra_Lord

These are a lot of fun Leanan.

Haha, lots of scanned photo's i assume?

Leanan

yeah... and sometimes I have to scan a picture twice because that's easier than finding it on my comp...

Kitt

...you know, I REALLY like Suntop as a red-head! :o

krwordgazer

I like Suntop as a redhead, too. And Redlance! Wow! (I wonder why this coloring seems to make his ears look bigger? Surprised Grin )

Leanan

It's not the colors it's the original picture... dumbo Redlance!

Leanan

I'm sorry I couldn't do better with this one...

That's all of Prism's suggestions... does anyone have other requests, swaps or something else...?

Kitt

More dark Strongbow, please! :P

Leanan

okay... the Rayek one, or the regular variety? :P

Kitt

Quote:
Leanan

okay... the Rayek one, or the regular variety? :P

"Regular Variety"? I didn't see that one! This was the one that nearly made me faint:

...where is that pic from, anyway? I've never seen him in that outfit...I don't think, anyway *goes back to look over back issues of EQ*

So...I would like to see the orignial variety! :P Also, more chocolate haired Newstar, please :o

Leanan

http://www.elfquest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1896&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90

There's lots of stuff you haven't seen in this thread, then...

The Rayek-Strongbow pic is from 'The Cry From Beyond'... I had to twist the picture a bit, you can see by the outlines how it was originally aligned...

edit: and Medea is the one who made the Newstars... so go ask your 'Mini-Me'... or I could give it a try, no idea if it will be any good though...

Kitt

...oops! Okay, I did see that pic, before (I especially remember the green Clearbrook) No, I prefer the Rayek-ish Strongbow! :P

ReyesLord

What about switching Strongbow and Cutter? Or Strongbow and Redlance? Or Strongbow and Leetah? Or Strongbow and Nightfall?

Hee-hee. I'm a little obsessed at the moment. Grin

Leanan

Grin and I haven't have time to answer any requests... I'll get to all those eventually...

Ecko

well reyes im obsessed with moonshade so you can be obsessed with strongbow, it all works out!

Brightbrighter

I really enjoy all coloring shifts and stuff, and the pictures are all gorgeous in various ways (I'm in to zombies). A great thanks to the makers!

But are U all game for something wilder now?

I'm thinking of letting the elves come in touch with their wolfblood and add face-fur and stuff, make lupine eyes true wolfeyes and so on.

I'm thinking of a Dewshine (used picture) with Timmorn Yellow-Eyes shaggy legs! I'm thinking Pike (whyfor hast thou not used him?) having whiskers, Cutter having a tail!

I'm imagine Leetha having chesthair.

Or ought I surpress my foul imagination? :D

Apogee

Well, since Leetah isn't a wolf rider she'd look a little weird with a feature from their bloodline... :)

Remember what Treestump said to Tyleet though, when she asked if she would get face-fur when she grew old, "you'll be as beautiful, and maybe as wise, as Clearbrook"

I'd love to see some of the women Wolfriders with the fringe fur, Rahnee the She Wolf was so beautiful that way. :) (Well, maybe that was bellbottoms and fur trim on her *clothing* but still...)

Or maybe *all* the Sun Villagers or Blue Mt folk - with Wolfrider traits! LOL! That would actually be kind of fun now that i think of it...

Leanan

Good ideas, Brightbrighter, too bad my skills aren't up to that... ask Gold Knight, or Medea, or Nienna, or Xan, or Kitt, or some other of our wonderful artists...

scarlettdoll

*shudders* Ok, Leetah with Chesthair is ...uggghh *deep shuddering*

Kitt

Quote:
scarlettdoll

*shudders* Ok, Leetah with Chesthair is ...uggghh *deep shuddering*

...I agree!! Surprised ...that is not a pretty picture! Evil Grin

Leanan

...says the girl with the furry avatar... Grin

Kathleen

Furries are cute!

Kitt

Quote:
Kathleen

Furries are cute!

Leanan

And Kitt's avatar is one of the cutest furries I ever saw...

Kitt

Aww...thank you. :o

Leanan

...I must admit there's a long way from Timmorn to furries Grin I wonder what old Yellow-eyes would say if I called him a furry...

callidora

He'd probably give you a five-second head start >.>;;

Leanan

True. Which is why I won't call him one. :P

Kathleen

Hmmm. Ya know, Leanan, I'd like to see a pic of Timmy all silvered up? Like his mom?

Leanan

Hey that I could do... all I need is a source picture... I may have one, actually...

*chuckles* "Timmy"?

Nowth

Well, Brightbrighter, methinks it's a good idea! Time for Ember's wolfblood to call back!

(ha, ha)

Kitt

*SCREAMS* [size=18:d601f910dc][color=red:d601f910dc]YAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!![/size:d601f910dc] [/color:d601f910dc] NOWTH!!! Did your avatar just wink at me??? Surprised

nomad-human

Grin

NightAngel

Quote:
Kitt

*SCREAMS* [size=18:7a076844c1][color=red:7a076844c1]YAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!![/size:7a076844c1] [/color:7a076844c1] NOWTH!!! Did your avatar just wink at me??? Surprised

It's like that winking Mona Lisa ; )

callidora

Not really photo-manip...I made Sims! (I have waaaay too much time on my hands...really, I do...):

Kohaku in Blue Mountain:

And then what I imagine Kohaku to look like in the Forever Green:

My only qualm...you can't see her pointed elf ears under the hair u.u;;. And, yes, I still do have too much time on my hands...

LordDarkhan

i really dig ur character... i like her better forever green style

MultiMEDEA

Quote:
LordDarkhan

i really dig ur character... i like her better forever green style

Oh, no! You didn't go there with your new sig, LordD!!! Makes me wanna ship you a case of AfroSheen. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

And your avi...looking like a little Michael Jackson-Webster-wannabe...I just want to pinch those cheeks! :D

Leanan

Lovely, Callidora... absolutely fantastic.

(no, I still haven't done any of the requests... sorry... been kinda busy)

callidora

Thank you, thank you...of course...none of the custom content is mine...but I did pull it all together to make Kohaku!

And I had a brain-clot...Kohaku's supposed to be tanned before she left BM (remember, she got her skintone from her father?), and I made her pale u.u;;

Kohaku: Mom! How could you forget?!
Calla: Sorry! Sorry! I guess I wanted to make you look drastically different between the two!
Kohaku: Wasn't the drastic lack of clothing enough?!

LordDarkhan

Quote:
MultiMEDEA

[quote:774b47683e="LordDarkhan"]i really dig ur character... i like her better forever green style

Oh, no! You didn't go there with your new sig, LordD!!! Makes me wanna ship you a case of AfroSheen. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

And your avi...looking like a little Michael Jackson-Webster-wannabe...I just want to pinch those cheeks! :D[/quote:774b47683e]

the funny thing is, i have to drive all around the valley to find some afro sheen..lol Grin

and omg the statement u made, i heard it sooooooo many times when i was little..... you make me feel like im 5years old again.lol :D 8)

Leanan

I didn't notice... I think she's tanned enough in the first one, not as porcelain-pale as most the gliders... in the other one she's much darker than in the picture in her profile...

So you play Sims with these?

callidora

I could if my Sims game would stop freezing every time I tried to load the custom content *grumbles*. But it's okay! I can use Body Shop to make the Sims, so it's not a total loss! (though I would love to play these Sims...maybe make Callidora...and Koryu...and have a big family!)

Kitt

Ooh! Nice stuff, Calli.

ps: Lord D...WHAT A CUTIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

LordDarkhan

thanks kitt....

and callidora, she looks tanned in the blue mountain one

Leanan

Hi. It's been a long time, but I haven't forgotten. I was requested to do a silver version of Timmorn, so I did that, and a few others while I was at it...

Unfortunately I am currently unable to answer any of the other requests - first of all, I'm not at the same physical location as my books and scanner, and won't be for some three weeks... second, when I do get back to my books, I don't have as many color materials at my use as I used to, because most of the color books I had were borrowed from the library and I finally took them back, having hoarded them long enough - sharing makes richer and nowhere is that more true than in a public library.

Now, I might still be able to do some color changes and swaps - assuming someone else scans the pictures for me. Especially in color swaps this is the most difficult part of the work, the way I did it - I tried to find pictures of the swap characters in exactly the same pose. These are harder to find than one would assume...

It might be easier simply to hand the whole color editing business to someone else... assuming, of course, that anyone besides me is still interested in seeing more green elves or swapped colorings or what-have-you...

MultiMEDEA

I would, sweetie, but I'm swamped with plenty of other projects right now. But I do have a big library of EQ color books so if some one needs an image I can probably send it. Or, if someone has a special request that they really need done, I'll see what I can do. [One caveat: I won't touch Archives images; I think they're dreadfully colored and beyond fixing. Unhappy ]

elf_queen_vik

Quote:
Leanan

And here you are:

I like this one!!

elf_queen_vik

Look who dies their hair!!

Silver haired Maleen

Looks like the old badger prefers a diffrent color!

The many shades of Brill

Ruffle of many shades!

Siwan

Wow! Brill with reddish hair Cool!

and Ahdri with black.. if that is Ahdri :oops:

Siwan

Quote:
Leanan

This one looks so cool!
I kinda like the dark colors and then those bright eyes :P
Not that I do not like his orignial colors ^__^

elf_queen_vik

Quote:
Siwan

Wow! Brill with reddish hair Cool!

It is Ruffle
This is Ahdri!

Arthis

Red and brown Ahdri... yummy!

And red Brill too!

elf_queen_vik

Quote:
Arthis

Red and brown Ahdri... yummy!

And red Brill too!

A red haired Ahdri kinda looks like ember

Leanan

Wonderful to see this topic back up! :D

Hmm, Ruffel looks so strange not being blonde... Red looks good on anyone!

Siwan

Quote:
elf_queen_vik

[quote:cda8c8619f="Siwan"]Wow! Brill with reddish hair Cool!

It is Ruffle
This is Ahdri!
[/quote:cda8c8619f]

Ah! Sorry, just been a while :oops:

elf_queen_vik

I got a bit bored so i did some more

Kimo

Red read Kimo...yum.

Pike

DarkMoonshade

Hi,

Anyone remember this ? I've always liked this thread but my favorite has ever been this "dark Moonshade" Wink

Quote:
Leanan

Here are my atempts hoping someone will like to continue the game :) I tried to switch the colours of two characters.

My favorite pair : let's say... Brownshade and Moonberry

And Joyah the Sunvillager huntress and Leeleaf the Wolfrider Healer

Giviyah

so much fun! Surprised :D

Embala

I remember well Grin

It's really fun! Wish I could find out how this changes work ...

Tenderfoot

I think you use a program to choose the skin, choose a new layer and then change the color. But I don't know which program, and I've never done such a thing.

But this really [i:b99dd68a15]is[/i:b99dd68a15] fun to watch! Grin

DarkMoonshade

Well I use the digital painting program [i:547aa62ed8]Gimp[/i:547aa62ed8]. I use images in black and white (or I "black&white" them) and re-color just the skin, hair and eyes. Yet I don't have the knack for recoloring dark skins into lighter skins, it seems always... wrong.

--

But since it's much more fun than doing homeworks, here are two others :

uh euh... Venshade and Moonka :

[img:547aa62ed8]http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/1150/venshade.jpg[/img:547aa62ed8] [img:547aa62ed8]http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/9037/moonka.jpg[/img:547aa62ed8]

Embala

Cool color changes! Where's Venka from? Cannot remember her with open hair ...

Beautiful Banner!

mournsong

It's from Dreamtime, isn't it?

Nice!

Icemoon

I love it !!!
venka is beautiful with with moonshade's colors ... but I prefer moonshade with her normal color !!

the banner is REALLY beautiful and so sweet ...

Embala

[quote:a92f23df51="mournsong"]It's from Dreamtime, isn't it?[/quote:a92f23df51]
Hidden Years ... Wolfwood, I bet!

And Moonshade is a beauty - in suntan as well as in moonpale Wink

mournsong

Naw - Moonshade is from In All But Blood... and Venka is definitely from Dreamtime.

Am I right? Am I right? :D

Edit: I am!

http://www.elfquest.com/gallery/OnlineComics/IABB/DisplayIABB.html?page=123

http://www.elfquest.com/gallery/OnlineComics/DT/DisplayDT.html?page=48

Icemoon

yes I think ^^

Embala

Oh sure ... Thanks for pointing at Venka :D - totally forgot about this pic.

... and ... I menat the pics in the banner Grin What a confusion Grin

mournsong

Heh. Well, you asked where's [i:8434eb2dcf]Venka[/i:8434eb2dcf] from... Grin

DarkMoonshade

Thanks for your kind words :) I'm glad you like it, it was quite funny to do. I like testing new colours on the characters, espcecially making everyone sunvillager style.

Thank you for the pages Mournsong. I did not know which image of Venka I should choose but since I had problems finding a color that would match the brown hair/violet eyes for the hairban, it was easier with this one.

And you're right about the banner, Embala, all images and the sentences are from Hidden Years #1 [i:7196112be9]Wolfwood[/i:7196112be9]. Glad you like it too :)

Vaeri

talk about reviving the dead! XD but this seemed so much fun..i decided to go on a coloring spree!

could have been a little better...curse your dark hair, leetah! XD

couldn't resist a swap instead of twining... XD such an intresting idea! Redlance and Leetah...hmmm...

twin Nightfall and Redlance!

MrsGrizzley

Oh wow... blonde Leetah looks GORGEOUS!!!!!

Brava!!!!

Vaeri

thank you! XD i just wish her hair was easier to color...it's hard with all the black parts! maybe i should try coloring from the new books instead...Discovery and such.

Embala

Cutter and Leetah look like twins! Considering the situation in the chosen picture ... O.O
The Leetah-Nightfall swap is great, Vaeri. Leetah looks awesome in hues of gold. Nightfalls is a beauty as well - I think she would be perfect with some highlightening eyeshadow.
I just imagine those two being Bearclaw's and Joyleaf's twins - Nightfall called for the wolf blood ... Redlance for something else. ^^ They are fab as twins!

You are right, Vaeri - this thread was fun! And IS :) You are very good with this.

Vaeri

yuuup...though to make you feel better, even though i personally love a good dose of incest in literature, they are not really twins. just two genetically different elves who HAPPEN to look like twins...it happens in the world! i recently met a guy who looked extremely like twins. it can happen! i once met a guy at walmart who looked SO MUCH like Robin Williams! i kid thee not.

after your advice, i added a touch here, touch there for Nightfall. perfect now?^^

and really, bearclaw and joyleaf's twins? XD goodness! it does make for an intresting scenario!

Embala

*chuckles* ... don't worry about me, Vaeri. I havn't really mistaken THIS Cutter-Leetah relationship nor would I loose my wits if it would happen in EQ - among elves. (neither wishing for nor expecting to ever see this, tho)

Dark Nightfall looks clearly more alive now - and her eyes are as bright as they are supposed to be.

I'm sure someone could make a nice AU version about "The Twin Blood of Ten Chiefs"! ;)

Vaeri

okaaaay, so...ever since i saw Moonshade's new gown...i LOVED IT!! and i wanted to see it in different colors...but Sonny feared invoking the elfmom's wrath!...so i did it, deciding this thread was the perfect excuse!! this took two days...and i saved the file, so if anyone can think of color combinations they'd like to see, lemme know and i'd be more than happy to do them! so...onward! and while doing art, i like listening to music...and realized the beginning of "am i wrong?" fits Moonshade perfectly now!

Am i wrong for thinking outside the box i stay?
Am i wrong for saying i choose another way?
I ain't trying to do what everybody else doing,
Just cause everybody doing what they all do.
I'm walking down this road of mine, this road of
Mine i call home.

So am i wrong? For trying to reach the things that i can't see.

But that's just how i feel.

Am i tripping for having a vision?

started out easily...same gown, just a different ribbon. my favorites are the gold and silver.

blue! which goes rather nicely with brown(i would know). my favorites are the blue,gold and silver ribbon ones.

i actually love all of these!..the green ribbon feels like christmas<3

all the green are nice...and i added the orange ribbon so i could do Nightfall colors! whoo!

Vaeri

all the rest of em, cause one post isn't enough...XD

all gold. all fantastic.<3

all sooo good...but my favorite is the pure silver!!

black dress! with red ribbon, like one of my favorite dresses of hers! and orange ribbon for a Halloween dress! whooot!

had to do a nice dark red! most of the colors didn't look good, so i just did half.

dark green...and now her colors REALLY look like Nightfall!

and dark gold to finish for now! she looks so fancy!!<3

MrsGrizzley

Oh wow... GORGEOUS!!!!!

It's strange how different colors can evoke such different images in the mind!! I love the variations!!!

Vaeri

i'd really love to know what images were being evoked from which colorings!^^

i love all the colors too...Moonshade is so versatile!

Leanan

So many lovely Moonshades - or should I say shades of Moonshade? :P

And I am glad to see others have continued what I started in this thread. Awesome work, everyone!

Embala

I like the shades of gold best ... they have this "shining through" quality of the original in the color itself. *uhh... does this mnake sense? No clue how to put it better ...* Same with violet ...

Elwing

That must have taken so much time to do. So what is the collective noun given to this colourful collection of Moonshades? A flutter of Moonshades? A Mob of Moonshades? A gaggle?

Elwing

A Spectrum of Moonshades!

Embala

Excellently said, Elwing!

RedheadEmber

Leanan said: or should I say shades of Moonshade? :P

Bad pun is bad!

Elwing said: A Spectrum of Moonshades!

Guys... stop it... you're starting to sound like Richard.

Vaeri

i feel rather partial to a flutter of Moonshades myself...just because i always loved that image of Moonshade "hiding" her face with a preservers wing.^^ though the Spectrum of Moonshade rings true...maybe that's what i'll name this fashion collection of mine!

and yes, this took around two days or so...but it was worth it! i love seeing her in all the dress colors, it's hard for me to pick an absolute favorite!

Embala

I've finally looked at the enlarged pictures, Vaeri ... I take back my previous comment.

ALL are GORGEAOUS!

... and I'm a little bit envious ... and very much impressed by your editing skills.

Vaeri

XD don't feel bad, i think all of them are gorgeous as well!

and please don't say that, it makes me blush...XD all it took was some fiddling with photoshop and the layers, a tablet and LOTS of patience.^^ i don't really think i have any special talent.

Embala

I know a bit about "some fiddling with photoshop and the layers" ... just a bit. ;)

Vaeri

then how is it impressive when you know how easy it is?^^0

Vaeri

done for my dabble, and Embala. Brown skinned Skywise, and more Twin!Cutter!

NEXT PAGE