ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

worst clothes on elf?

RedheadEmber

Pssst... I think you've posted in the wrong thread. This is about the worst clothing!

Of course if the Wolfriders had been the Penguinriders they'd all be wearing tuxedos!

Trollbabe

I like Rayek's wardrobe and appearance overall. He reminds me of Marvel's Silver Age Submariner. Both characters are given a regal bearing without an excess of costume or accessories. But there is one detail of Rayek's costume that I find amusing. His red-and-gold costume from "Kings of the Broken Wheel" includes red briefs that are cut rather high. They remind me of Zap Brannigan's costume on "Futurama." Guys who can hover and fly over other characters, shouldn't wear skimpy togs.

ceruleanblue

Quote:

Pssst... I think you've posted in the wrong thread. This is about the worst clothing!

Of course if the Wolfriders had been the Penguinriders they'd all be wearing tuxedos!

Ohhhh... Red Head Ember, you just won a Richard Pini Groaner award for that one! OUCH! lol

I partly love Elfquest because of the costumes Wendy designs, they're part of its charm for me. But as far as the ones I've like the least:

-Shenshen's outfit in the New Land holt after the Palace disappears. Just that halter top and some pants. I just thought it was kinda boring.

-Most of the 'asymmetrical' outfits worn by the characters in SatS (Clearbrook, Leetah, Treestump, etc.). I don't like assymmetry.

-Nightfall and Redlance's leaf motif outfits in SatS. They looked tacky to me. From the previews for FQ, it looks like Redlance is back in a simple green, bare chest vest. YAY!!

Speaking of costumes, I posted a new thread asking if there was a costume gallery for the characters. If there isn't one, maybe we should start one.

Trollbabe

I think Windkin's outfit is an improvement over his sire's Borat fur-thong. But I hope he finds something new to wear now. The snake pattern is more fitting for Rayek.

RedheadEmber

Trollbabe said: think Windkin's outfit is an improvement over his sire's Borat fur-thong.

I was just going to comment on Tyldak's and Windkin's dress style (to me it looks like they're both wearing "Borat fur-thongs"):

As for Windkin getting better clothes; in the Final Quest Special he begins wearing this:

(This is shortly after he joins Cutter's Wolfriders and begins working in the forges.)

After the time-jump in the Special he's seen wearing something that looks like a tight leather jump-suit with a fur-lines V-neck cutout and fur-lined booths that goes to his mid calves.

lunakat

Didn't Mender, at some point, wear something just terrible?

lunakat

Yes, I like that Windkin is now wearing pants! The snakeskin thing was interesting... but pants are better.

Thornbrake

lunakat said: Yes, I like that Windkin is now wearing pants! The snakeskin thing was interesting... but pants are better.

Have you seen what he' wearing in the latest issue (#3)?

RedheadEmber

Here's a picture:

RichardPini

Trollbabe said: The snake pattern is more fitting for Rayek.

Maybe Windkin is thinking of giving Rayek a run for the money in some fashion?

Thornbrake

RichardPini said:
  • Maybe Windkin is thinking of giving Rayek a run for the money in some fashion?

This seems like as close to a direct hint on a character's development that we've ever gotten out of @RichardPini. So therefore I don't believe it for a second.
$-)

skyward

Has anyone mentioned Dart's outfit from FQ #3 yet? The one that covers nothing and offers no practicality points whatsoever?

Embala

Is it? It's basically the same he wears in the Prologue.

Elwing

As for worst clothes on human, I would like to nominate Bee...As for best clothes, I would nominate Bone Woman! I just thought she was awesome. If I'm ever going to cosplay as an Elfquest character, Bone Woman would be it. =))

Tam

Dart's outfit in FQ #3 is basically a full-coverage bodysuit...it's just that it looks like his skin due to the lighting. There are little changes to it between the Special and #3, but I think it's just like...summer vs. winter versions of the same outfit.

skyward

Haha, I went back and looked at my issue and realized it wasn't actually an elven stripper costume. I take back my criticism of Dart's fashion sense. :P

Tavie

Thornbrake said: This seems like as close to a direct hint on a character's development that we've ever gotten out of @RichardPini. So therefore I don't believe it for a second.

Yup. @RichardPini be trollin'. =P~

Thornbrake

Omg @Tavie is that Trinket?!

RedheadEmber

It's been here for a while. =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

Thornbrake

Somehow I missed it - but I've already used her in another thread. =))

Vaeri

some of my least favorite outfits:

Nightfalls tail poncho shirt during KOBW and her pregnancy. eugh.

Wing's daughter, Serrin's little...dress thing. really?! couldn't she have had SOME sunvillager elements instead of this teeny leather shredded edges dress? even during her pregnancy?

Mender's clothes during the shards war.shudder.

my most favorite?

Moonshade's new palace gown!!! SO GORGEOUS!!

Leetah's human gown, the long and short.

Dewshine's sun villager outfit.

and Leetah's nightgown!! WANT!

RedheadEmber

Vaeri said: Wing's daughter, Serrin's little...dress thing. really?! couldn't she have had SOME sunvillager elements instead of this teeny leather shredded edges dress? even during her pregnancy?

Barry Blair did seem to have a special love for loincloths in all different shapes and types.

Vaeri said: Nightfalls tail poncho shirt during KOBW and her pregnancy. eugh

You don't think her pregnancy suited her? She'd be sad to hear.

Vaeri

no, i was referring to the shirt thing. i LOVE pregnant elves with a passion that could rival Brill and Tyleet put together!!<3

RichardPini

Thornbrake said: This seems like as close to a direct hint on a character's development that we've ever gotten out of @RichardPini. So therefore I don't believe it for a second.

You all missed it! Tsk!

Vaeri

.....? we missed something about Windkin and Rayek?...i'm infernally curious now....can't figure it out though...

RedheadEmber

RichardPini said: You all missed it! Tsk!

Something related to fashion or... something else?

MrsGrizzley

Uhhhh... guys... he said that Windkin was considering giving Rayek a run for his money... what horrifically BAD IDEA did Rayek run with?

TRYING TO CHANGE HISTORY!!!!!!

We are in for some DEEEEEEEP kimchee...

RedheadEmber

Aaah... but this is the (bad) clothing discussion thread, and Richard would never go off-topic. Rrrrright?

Vaeri

O.O....oh jeez...Windkin trying to change history? the only thing he'd want to change is Tyldak dying probably...which in the fans opinion, WOULD BE AWESOME.

...i haven't been on this forum often enough to know if elfpop would go off topic or not.....^^ though that would be a rather scary idea....Windkin mimicking Rayek's style?....maybe he'll adopt Rayek's original ponytail/bandana look! that would be a rather bad look for Windkin!

RedheadEmber

Vaeri said: maybe he'll adopt Rayek's original ponytail/bandana look! that would be a rather bad look for Windkin!

ponytail/bandana and those weird dreadlock things he's got...

lunakat

Rayek's poofy 'cinderella's ball gown' shoulders were the worst. I think that was Wendy's way of punishing him for being a d*ck.

Tavie

RichardPini said: You all missed it! Tsk!

"in some fashion"?

~X(

Rob

Another vote for Rayek Poofyshoulders.

Thornbrake

Ooooooooh!!! :|

Tavie

Richard, I love you, but:

THE

Vaeri

.....sheep are the bratworst? O.o

RichardPini

Vaeri said: .....sheep are the bratworst? O.o

Noooooo... This is Tavie, being Tavie. She's made abus

Vaeri

.....i need to be on this forum more often, i am SO lost....she made a bad a good...?@_@

Heather

Vaeri said: sheep are the bratworst?

I might get a smack: But it's "Ewe are the wurst" (you are the worst)

:D

Vaeri

oh...XD thanks for the explaination heather!

Tavie

Vaeri said: ....i need to be on this forum more often, i am SO lost....she made a bad a good...?@_@

I'm with you... I can't puzzle this one out. Is he saying something about "bus", or "before" (B4)? Or something else?

:-/ :-S

Tavie

Heather said: I might get a smack: But it's "Ewe are the wurst" (you are the worst)

~O) Heather got it!

Tavie

Re-bus? REBUS?!?

=))

RichardPini

Tavie said: Re-bus? REBUS?!?

And the crowd goes wild! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Vaeri

...rebus?....yuuup i'm lost again...*headdesk*

edit: oh wait....google helped! haaaa i get it now....god i feel hopeless...i can't socialize!!!

RedheadEmber

We oughta make a rebus thread! =))