ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Kahvi: What if it had been Cutter in that cocoon?

krwordgazer

Just wondering-- if Kahvi had managed to locate Cutter's cocoon instead of mistakenly choosing Nightfall's, how would the story have changed?

Or supposing it was a different elf? Treestump perhaps, or Zhantee? Surprised

Conjectures, anyone?

Leanan

What if it had been Tyleet? She would have tried to talk sense to Kahvi, a futile attempt...

Redlance would have tried to talk sense at first too, then would have shaped some nearby tree to capture Kahvi - and continued trying to talk sense to her...

About Cutter, I agree with what was said in another thread he would have tried to kill her - and he did have New Moon with him btw, Nightfall's blade was her own.

Kathleen

It should've been Redlance!

That woud've been one of the coolest things I have ever seen!

Sorry, I'll conjecture more when I've had a cup of tea.

Fourleafclover

Hmmm - what if it was Cutter?

Well, he had that arrowhead jammed under his rib, he had waited for this true love until he couldn't wait no more and Kahvi was drunk. Not the ideal set of circumstances that have to come together to make a cub. I don't think Kahvi would have had any luck wooing him - he would have gone back to the troll caves to get wrapped up again and I'm sure the story wouldn't have changed too much. (Cutter and Nightfall are too much alike to change the EQ timeline if their places got swapped. They're both prone to make the same judgement calls.)

But that's my take on it. I'm sure it can be easily re-written to have turned the timeline upsidedown.

krwordgazer

Leanan, I looked back at the "Kahvi" book, and compared the sword in that scene with New Moon and with Nightfall's sword in "Dreamtime." Neither of the swords in "Dreamtime" look like the sword Nightfall is carrying in "Kavhi". But if that isn 't New Moon in "Kahvi," why does Kavhi stop in the middle of the fight with Nightfall, stare at Nightfall's sword, and go "Ohhh. . . " That makes no sense at all, then.

Help, now I'm completely confused! Surprised

Nowth

This scene mystifies me as well.

I didn't think she was staring at the sword, specifically... alright, she had it at her throat, and it might have reminded her of New Moon considering it's curved etc., but the clue *I* picked up on wasn't the sword but the "Just get off... ...of..." that precedes her "ohhh..."-ing.

I thought she was putting herself in Cutter's shoes there, with Kahvi coercing him into something. A bit silly, I guess. She wasn't planning to rape him, after all. But at the time that's exactly what I thought. Hm.

Kitt

...but, just to entertain the "what-if's" ...or, to play Devil's Advocate...what WOULD Cutter and Kahvi's cub have been like if he would have had a fling with her? I mean, I think any cub he would have had with her could have given Ember a run for her money! Granted, the birthrite (at least I feel) would have rightfully been Ember's, but still...what if? :?

Kathleen

Mine, I'm taking it, all mine.

:Wanders away with story idea.:

ALL MINE!!!!!!

:twisted:

Aldar

*backs off Kathleen*

Maybe now we know who Jink is! Surprised

Nowth

I think Jink was grown in a lab and escaped when the trollborg* smashed the place up. Sometimes when you wake her she'll still say Who do you want me to kill, Divine Shadow?

*how's that for Nordic, eh?

Aldar

Grin Norsebæbble!

But I never understood why Kahvi thought she could talk Cutter into having a cub with her. Alright, so Cutter rolled in the furs with Redlance and Nightfall while Leetah was away, but come on! Kahvi? :?

Nowth

I guess that's why I only abandoned my stupid she's-planning-to-force-him notion when I realised it was even more absurd than Cutter agreeing to a chiefmaking session.

Maybe Kahvi just doesn't "get" it. From her point of view - why shouldn't he? Not even though but because his family is gone!

Also, hadn't they spent some fur-time together before? Not sure they went all the way. Or if that means anything in EQ terms.

Aldar

Yes, they "danced" together before the Palace War, but that situation was quite different from this one. I like Kahvi, but this... She's weird.

LivietheLurker

They joined in Kings of the Broken Wheel as well, more or less to ease their aches; Cutter from losing his family, Kahvi for "losing" her tribe, no longer being chief.

As for Kahvi's "ohhh" moment when she's defeated by Nightfall, I've always imagined it has something to do with her losing to Two-Spear, she's having a little flashback or something.

Aldar

Quote:
Livie the Lurker

They joined in Kings of the Broken Wheel as well, more or less to ease their aches; Cutter from losing his family, Kahvi for "losing" her tribe, no longer being chief.

:o Did not know that. There's just so much happening in Kings of the Broken Wheel - I can't wait to read it! :D Continue discussing, please...

MultiMEDEA

Quote:
Aldar

[quote:a29f8e8120="Livie the Lurker"]They joined in Kings of the Broken Wheel as well, more or less to ease their aches; Cutter from losing his family, Kahvi for "losing" her tribe, no longer being chief.

:o Did not know that. There's just so much happening in Kings of the Broken Wheel - I can't wait to read it! :D Continue discussing, please...[/quote:a29f8e8120]

Yes, Aldar, you really must read KotBW. There is a ton of momentous, World-changing storytelling in only nine issues. If you don't mind reading an English-language version in b&w I might be able to get copies to you.

Aldar

I'm collecting the mangas, so they will be in black and white anyway. And I don't want to read it in any other language than English :) But I can't afford buying both the mangas and your copies, and I am gonna get them in manga versions, so...

MaxvonBek

I thought Kahvi's "oooh" comment was that she realised she was about to throw up! Heavy exercise after having a skin-full isn't the best idea in the world! :D

Leanan

I agree, Kahvi's drunk and feeling sick, nothing more mystical.

Which is more likely - that the artist forgets/doesn't know what Nightfall's sword looks like exactly, or that he forgets what New Moon looks like?

krwordgazer

Well, turns out I've been going along with an extreme misconception all these years. :( I still have no idea what that "Ohhh" meant-- it's bad storytelling, plain and simple. If it meant "I'm drunk and going to be sick" then that should have been made clear. If it meant something else, that should have been made clear too. The only real difference between Nightfall's sword and New Moon is the shape of the hilt-- and frankly, I didn't notice that when reading-- I just saw Kahvi staring at the sword and saying, "Ohhh." I know the sheath is different, but Nightfall could have had New Moon in her own sheath. And when she was stealing the cocoon in the first place, Kahvi said, "That lump there must be New Moon." So naturally I thought it was! I still say the "Ohhh" would make a lot more sense if it was.

OK, rant over. (I hate looking foolish, can anyone tell? :oops: )

As far as Cutter and Kahvi sleeping together-- the scene seems to indicate that it happened several times. "Your body is with me to be sure, Wolf Chief, but you never are!" "I'm sorry, I can't give you more." So it's not completely out of the blue that Kahvi decides to make a child with Cutter-- she just selfishly fails to think about it from Cutter's point of view. But looking at other people's point of view has never been one of Kahvi's gifts anyway. She has one goal she's after-- the good of her people. Nothing else really matters to her. Ever.

I do find it interesting that Kahvi can (apparently) conceive at will. None of the other elves are that confident they can just decide to have a child and then have one! And she thinks she has no magic! Surprised

Nowth

Or we could all look like fools together...

although I still feel like I'm right *g*

kayleigh_talitha

Hmm, yes, that child conceiving is a bit confusing. Skywise had a child with a Go-back without recognizing her (right?) so it would make sense Kahvi can do it too, they gave up on recognizing a long time, before they called themselves Go-Backs.

I never actually read the comics about Kahvi (again Netherlands suck) but I think Kahvi lost the sense of reality there a bit. She knows how crazy Cutter is about his family, he would never have a cub with her willingly (not after going in wrapstuff because he can't life without his family) and I don't think rape is part of the Elfquest world.

So all in all, I don't think anything would have happened if Kahvi actually took the right cocoon.

Leanan

Kahvi's had a cub outside Recognition too - Venka. No, two at least, Vaya, probably others too...

But there's quite a jump from 'it's possible to conceive outside Recognition, at least for Go-Backs' to 'it's possible to conceive whenever you wish'... I mean, humans can't do that either.

cactus

Well. I have always thought that the sword Nightfall had was New Moon. I just thought that the artist who drew that issue hadn't done his/her "home work" Considering that even the characters is difficult to recognize in some comics, it would not be so strange if the sword is drawn a bit wrong?

Leanan

*sigh* just not giving up, are you? Grin

cactus

Never Grin

Nowth

I don't think a regular EQ artist like Steve Blevins would draw that sword and think it's New Moon; New Moon is a very recognisable, simple and elegant design that looks like it's been "grown" by a metal-shaper; besides, it's one of the central artifacts of EQ thanks to the pommel key. Also, Nightfall wears her sheath, and wears it where she's always worn it. Her sword and sheath do look somewhat different in Kahvi #6, but I don't think they resemble New Moon. I believe they're more likely to be meant to be Nightfall's own equipment.

Leanan

whew. Someone's on my side. Thanks nowth. That's what I would have said if I had any brains, but I don't, not at this time of the night...

krwordgazer

Oh, I agree with you, Leanan! A close examination shows that the sword is not New Moon.

But I'm very grateful to Cactus. It helps to know I'm not the only one who thought otherwise.

Leanan

I just had a thought (yes, that's kind of rare, me with no brains and all, it's even later now...) - what if Kahvi thought it was New Moon, too? And the 'Ohh' comment was because of that? She was drunk, it's hard to concentrate on objects if you're seeing double...

krwordgazer

Ha! That's a thought! And it saves my pride . . . Wink

Leanan

and a chief's pride is a precious thing... oops, sorry, wrong universe.

Nowth

if it's "a pride of chiefs", is it "a murder of thieves"?

Sorry, wrong semantic angle

kayleigh_talitha

Quote:
Leanan

Kahvi's had a cub outside Recognition too - Venka. No, two at least, Vaya, probably others too...

But there's quite a jump from 'it's possible to conceive outside Recognition, at least for Go-Backs' to 'it's possible to conceive whenever you wish'... I mean, humans can't do that either.

Nope, it's not likely one roll in the furs would ensure her of a cub, or she does indeed has some magic when it comes to conceiving. So once again, what the hell was she thinking? Okay, so she wasn't thinking, but she's a smart woman, she would know these things...right?

Anyways, you guys inspired me to this drawing of Bane, the what if son of Cutter and Kahvi.....
http://www.eqfanart.com/index.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&pos=-5244

Nowth

Registered users only!

Leanan

Yes, it's a nice scetch but those who aren't members at eqfanart can't see it...

kayleigh_talitha

sowwy, still don't know how to upload pictures from my own computer here.

Scratch that, thanks Leanan, for the tip.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a135/kayleigh_talitha/bane.jpg

Kitt

Quote:
Aldar

[quote:2a09ea4777="Livie the Lurker"]They joined in Kings of the Broken Wheel as well, more or less to ease their aches; Cutter from losing his family, Kahvi for "losing" her tribe, no longer being chief.

:o Did not know that. There's just so much happening in Kings of the Broken Wheel - I can't wait to read it! :D Continue discussing, please...[/quote:2a09ea4777]

...do you want a spoiler pic??? :P

And kayleigh_talitha, you beat me to it! ^_~ We had the same idea in mind.

krwordgazer

Thanks, Kayleigh! An interesting conception!

kayleigh_talitha

Quote:
Kitt

And kayleigh_talitha, you beat me to it! ^_~ We had the same idea in mind.[/color]

Oh no! I would love to see your thought about the cub of them! PLease continue Kitt!

And thanks everybody for your comments Grin

manga

[quote:f08c472d3d] but she's a smart woman, she would know these things...right? [/quote:f08c472d3d]

She's definitely strong and competent but "smart" isn't her strong suit. Wendy said she had more courage than wits.

Since it seems to have taken her a year to concieve Venka, I don't think she has conception magic. Which is too bad, it'd be cool.

Kitt

Quote:
kayleigh_talitha

[quote:fba7904ac7="Kitt"]
And kayleigh_talitha, you beat me to it! ^_~ We had the same idea in mind.[/color]

Oh no! I would love to see your thought about the cub of them! PLease continue Kitt!

And thanks everybody for your comments Grin[/quote:fba7904ac7]

LOL!! I was just going to draw a picture of their cub. I had it pegged to be a girl, though. Wink Hey! They can be twins! :P (hey, it happened before :) ) I'll have to upload it a bit later, though. See ya!

Fourleafclover

I like the way this thread has turned. Very interesting. :D

Kathleen

Remember the twins from the EQ That Never Was?

Oh, yeah. Allmine...

:Runs away,cackling:

Kitt

Quote:
Kathleen

Remember the twins from the EQ That Never Was?

Oh, yeah. Allmine...

:Runs away,cackling:

You're too much! We may have to start calling you Kathy the Klepto! :P

Kathleen

No one calls me Kathy... EVER! Wink

No. No one ever called it, so I am. :P

Leanan

Indeed, she's always stealing a certain sword too... our little gollum Kathleen...

krwordgazer

Quote:
manga

[quote:fa2cc37b86] but she's a smart woman, she would know these things...right?

She's definitely strong and competent but "smart" isn't her strong suit. Wendy said she had more courage than wits.

Since it seems to have taken her a year to concieve Venka, I don't think she has conception magic. Which is too bad, it'd be cool.[/quote:fa2cc37b86]

Kahvi may have more courage than wits, but she's no fool. She has her own kind of intelligence-- a very practical kind.

So if she couldn't force conception, she must have been planning to keep Cutter with her till she "caught," however long it took. A bit Winnowill-ish of her, I must say. Talk about a "kept man"! Surprised

He certainly would never have stood for that. Grin

It does seem to me that at about the time she let go of the Little Palace, Kahvi stopped thinking ahead even to any small extent. She was reckless when we first met her, yes, but not to the extent she became in the Kahvi miniseries. Sometimes it makes you wonder if she's completely taken leave of her senses.

Kitt

Quote:
Kathleen

No one calls me Kathy... EVER! Wink

No. No one ever called it, so I am. :P

*runs and hides*

kayleigh_talitha

Quote:
krwordgazer

Kahvi may have more courage than wits, but she's no fool. She has her own kind of intelligence-- a very practical kind.

So if she couldn't force conception, she must have been planning to keep Cutter with her till she "caught," however long it took. A bit Winnowill-ish of her, I must say. Talk about a "kept man"! Surprised

He certainly would never have stood for that. Grin

It does seem to me that at about the time she let go of the Little Palace, Kahvi stopped thinking ahead even to any small extent. She was reckless when we first met her, yes, but not to the extent she became in the Kahvi miniseries. Sometimes it makes you wonder if she's completely taken leave of her senses.

I've not read the series Kahvi, maybe that's why I still believed in her cleverness, lol. I'm glad you think like me, about Kahvi's thinking.
*laughs* I can see her trying to 'keep' Cutter, she better have a cage ready then.

Kitt

You know, I had drawn this a while ago and totally forgot to show it. So...umm...this is my "what-if" picture of Cutter and Kahvi's child. She's called, Keska. She wears the chief's lock as well as the four braids thus representing both her heritages. :o I might end up coloring her, but I don't know.

Leanan

ooo - she is lovely...

Hydra_Lord

Very impressive, i'd defeinently be good fodder for another 'worldpool' story.

Nowth

grrreat job! such precision...

LivietheLurker

Cool!

krwordgazer

Beee--ooo--teee-ful! :D

MrsGrizzley

I like!

Mrs. Grizzley

Kitt

YAY!! *does happy dance* I'm glad you all like her.

Aldar

Gorgeous, Kitt. Simply breath-taking. (Now I kinda wish they realld did have a child... Wink)

krwordgazer

Kathleen's taking care of it, Aldar. :D

http://www.elfquest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2283&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

TWILIGHTFROST

Yeah that certainly would have been a very interesting tale to be told now wouldn't it. Thankfully Wendy and Richard and the others already knew how this would play out and for that I'm thankful. Besides a Khavi kid with a cutter attitude hmmmmmmm ooooooooh the possibilities are endless. lol.

kayleigh_talitha

It's beautifull Kitt!

Kitt

Thank you. :o

Icebird

i just wanna post my idea for Kahvis "ohh"-moment --- could it be because Kahvi and Nightfall are bloodrelated?? Kahvis father Two-Spear was the cousin of Nightfalls grandfather, Owl, and his twin Greywolf... correct me if i'm wrong.. Kahvi can have some of her mothers magic and unwillingly sensed ther relation..

just another "what-the-hell"-theory.. Wink

***Icebird***

Anke

I never thought Nightfall's dagger was supposed to be New Moon, or that Kahvi going cross eyed and "ooooh" was anything other than raising nausea. That scene never puzzled me at all. Surprised

krwordgazer

Hmm. Well, I guess I'm just odd. :D But on thinking about it some more, I think the most plausible theory is that Kahvi, looking at the sword, realized how much it was shaped like New Moon, and realized that that's why she had made the mistake-- cutting Nightfall free instead of Cutter. Their swords would feel the same under wrapstuff.

Which, it seems to me, is a subtle reference to how much Nightfall and Cutter are alike, personality-wise. Kahvi, thinking she was getting Cutter, was in a way getting the female version of him. And it was more than she could handle!

But no matter how often I look at it, I can't see Kahvi as just suddenly feeling nauseous, so coincidentally, at the moment she's staring down the blade of that sword. It may be just me, but there it is. :)

LilliuminterSpinas

I have a question about Khavi.

A friend of mine has the book Forevergreen and in that book there's the battle in the sunvillage for the palace. And Yun cuts open Khavi cocoon and frees her and Khavi starts fighting as well. She ends up fighting Chot ( I think t was or otherwise Zey) Well in the end she turns her back on him because he is defeated. But then Chot ( or Zey) wants to stab her from behind and she puts her sword in his stomach without turning around.

But what is unclaer in the picture is that she puts the sword alongside her side or true her own stomach as well.

So thats my question where did her sword go ??

Kathleen

Given the fact that she's standing and loooking completely whole afterwards, I'd say she didn't.

LivietheLurker

The sword defintely went past her side, since she's seen leading the Go-Backs away only moments after...

LilliuminterSpinas

Oke then i wa sjust wondering because I wasn't completly sure and my friend only showed me those pictures of her killing Chot ( or Zey ) so I never saw her leading the go backs away ........

crescent1325

Well...this is what i think. I think Kahvi did enheirt some of willowgreens Magic. Maybe not the full blown healing buuuuuut...maybe just enough to force the conception when she wants. Cuz in SaBM it doesnt say it takes a year for her to concieve. I believe it says, Rayek waited a full turn of the seasons for Two-Edge to get better, then Kahvi announced she was prego and Rayek refused to leave cuz he "could have" been the sire (which we all know he was). So what if one night Kahvi and Rayek was getting it on and she was like "oh, dung he is leaving soon and i still havent gotten knocked up...i need this baby now!" and inadvertently released some of her unknown magic and concieved?

Also, As for a kid that would be a chief and unit both tribes? HELLO?? did we forget about Venka? After all she is Kahvi's Daughter, which makes her not only Two-Spears granddaughter but technically that is Cutters cousin. and technically she's the Blood of Six Chiefs..Whew...And not to mention she has Sun Villager Blood too...so she units the Sunfolk too!...well anyways...thats my take..

Kitt

Now, all she needs to do is have a baby with Windkin and and Spine and ALL the tribes will be united! :D

LivietheLurker

Thing is, crescent1325, that we don't know for certain that Willowgreen is Kahvi's mother. It seems very likely, but who can say? And Yun is Skywise's daughter. She was probably conceived during the war dance, or while Skywise was staying in the Palace, which is pretty immediate conception for an elf. Perhaps Kahvi just knew that if she was Rayek's main squeeze for a while, it'd be an odds-on bet.

crescent1325

dang it!...i was soooooooo close...lol..well assuming willowgreen is her mommie..its plausible...but if not...spontanious reproduction at needed times is what im guessing...

But that still leaves Venka Being the Super chief Kahvi was looking to get..lol..

And saying Sunstream and Brills baby is a boy and enventually Venka and He recognizes...then this baby is the now Uber-chief Wink hehehehe...im a little twisted at times..i know!

The_Wylde_Wynd

[quote:769c9920e2="Kitt"][color=red:769c9920e2]...but, just to entertain the "what-if's" ...or, to play Devil's Advocate...what WOULD Cutter and Kahvi's cub have been like if he would have had a fling with her? I mean, I think any cub he would have had with her could have given Ember a run for her money! Granted, the birthrite (at least I feel) would have rightfully been Ember's, but still...what if? :?[/color:769c9920e2][/quote:769c9920e2]

*trys to imagine the child of Cutter and Kahvi* ...
... ...
... ...
AAAAAAAH! THE HORROR! :EEEK:

Kitt

[color=red:378f6cae41]It's blasphemous I tell you....blasphemous!!! :x[/color:378f6cae41]

Minouche

I think it wouldn't have worked. Not that I am in anyway opposed to a Kahvi/Cutter offspring, but she has treed, on and off for at least twenty years, with him while watching Venka grow into adulthood. If a cub was to come from their joining, it would have been then. If it didn't in such a long time sharing furs together, then it's very unlikely to happen under duress with a one time drunken try. And...if it hasn't happened, maybe, just maybe, it's because it doesn't fit into the Pini master plan. With what I've read so far, each of us is pretty much free to create a fanfic variation on the Elfquest theme, since they aren't mean for publication and don't pretend to compete with Wendy or Richard.

Allura

I was thinking about if it had been Cutter in that cocoon, but then another thought occurred to me: What if it had been Venka?

innie

Wow Surprised that would have changed everything, and it surely would have been interesting. I'd loved to see that.

Freefootgirl

Oooooo interesting thread!!

Venka in the cocoon would have been cool. She might have been able to get her mother to understand, (more than anyone else would, that is).

-Freefootgirl

RaetheTree-Shaper

Just wondering-- if Kahvi had managed to locate Cutter's cocoon instead of mistakenly choosing Nightfall's, how would the story have changed?

Or supposing it was a different elf? Treestump perhaps, or Zhantee? Surprised

Conjectures, anyone?

I've alway ever wanted to see that lol, I wonder what would happen, i think they should do an alternative story for that hehe what would of happened! Then again, I just like seeing elves asleep lol...

Embala

It's hard for me to think of possible alternative developements. I seem to lack inspiration ... unless something - or someone - triggers it the right was. Maybe it helps when I just throw in some thoughts. Agreement or disagreement - both can start a discussion Wink

I have a rather organized thinking - so let's start with a list. Who are the possibilities:

The Males:
Cutter
Redlance
Strongbow
Treestump
Zhantee
Pike
Skot

The Females:
Nightfall
Moonshade
Clearbrook
Krim
Tyleet
Venka
Shenshen
Aroree

Embala

So what could be interesting "pairings" and how could it turn out?

Aroree - Kahvi will hardly mistake the long, skinny Glider for Cutter. This story will not happen.

Nightfall - the "original", of course. But WHY was Nightfall chosen? What made it interesting?

Personally I think the author/artist could not resist the chance to picture a catfight. Wink Nightfall is definitely the best choice for this purpose - a strong huntress and proven warrior, having quite a temper as well. Definitely a match for Kahvi. And the "best-looking" one - that's why I bet on the catfight intention. XD

But there can be more behind it ... by purpose or coincidentally. She's protective of Redlance, of the tribe - and of Cutter, already from teenage days.
Kahvi's intention was a violation, an attack on the Tribe, on the Wolfrider identity, on the Chief ... and on Nightfall's personal friend Cutter.
Nightfall sees herself as a protector - remember her dream. The dream that was interupted by Kahvi. Once again - Nightfall was a natural choice.

Clearbrook - strong and battle-tested like Nightfall, probably more settled and with calmer temper

When Kahvi had taken Clearbrook I think the story would have turned out similar. Clearbrook might try to talk first, but when Kahvi (half drunken) insists on her plans Clearbrook would be both willing and capable to "beat some sense" in her. Let's word it different - Clearbrook would react as protective as Nightfall if needed and she proved her temper and strength!

Moonshade - the protector of The Way, probably more powerful in will and talk as in physical strength.

I doubt that she would be a match for Kahvi in a physical fight. Then again - Moonshade is good for surprises. I shouldn't underestimate her.
Her tongue can be a weapon for sure. If she would have been kahvi's accidentally prey I'd ecpect more of a dispute of words and wits than a physical fight.

Just had an hilariious vision ... Hypnotize
You know, in my opinion Kahvi acts in this storyline more like a moody rebellious teenager instead of the daring impulsive chieftess she's supposed to be. Now imagine this teenager meeting teacher Moonshade ... and watch the lesson!
btw: In this case my bets would be on Moonshade. Definitely.

Tyleet - soft-spoken, calm and gentle. Hardly a match for Kahvi.

unless ... she'd prove the truth in Pike's song about her: "... just try to refuse her anything!" Now I'd wish for a skilled and inventive story teller to bring up this variation!

Shenshen - the cheeky, love-loving Sunmaiden. No match for Kahvi either.

Would she offer Kahvi a roll in the furs with her instead? XD

Krim - Kahvi's former tribe mate ... and still faithful to her to some degree (see Recognition)

This could turn out interesting - and lead in variant directions. Krim is faithful to both Cutter and Kahvi.
- Would she "protect" her new chief and fight Kahvi if necessary? Not impossible, but unlikely.
- Would Kahvi convince her of the idea of a cross-tribe-heir? And both of them return to trick the Trolls once more and earn the right prey? Risky, not promising much success - but very much Go-Back! When Kahvi is convincing enough Krim would follow her in this adventure.
- Turning it the other way round ... Krim is convincing Kahvi that trying to "use" cutter it a bad idea for one reason or the other. Maybe they find another goal while discussing. And Krim would follow Kahvi on her ongoing quest. Anyone hold a bet against this?

Venka - turning it into a mother-daughter story ... intriguing twist indeed.

They would get time to get familiar again, approach each other on a new level ... possibly find a new understanding.
I doubt that Venka would stay with her mother, tho. The way I see it she is too much Wolfrider in soul ... and to responsible.
- being faithful to Cutter and help him to get his family back
- wishing to meet her father
- and last not least fighting Winnowill ... protecting HER tribe from the Black Snake.

*phhuuuuu ... now I need rest before I think about the males*

EDIT: I havn't read back before writing - so some of my "ideas" might have been discussed already, proven wrong or worked out in a better way.

Embala

I started to answer this I actually thought that some of the characters would be absolutely "useless" for a story:

Tyleet, Shenshen, Zhantee, Redlance, Pike - being set free to return to the trollcaves in the best case and used as a hostage to blackmail Cutter in the worst. At second thought everyone has a special appeal, a skill of their own to handle things.

LEARNED (again): Never underestimate a character thought up by Wendy. They are more than their main traits and obvious roles. They are much more than I see and keep in mind at first thought.

RaetheTree-Shaper

Embala said

So what could be interesting "pairings and how could it turn out?

Aroree - Kahvi will hardly mistake the long, skinny Glider for Cutter. This story will not happen.

Nightfall - the "original", of course. But WHY was Nightfall chosen? What made it interseting?

Personally I think the author/artist could not resist the chance to picture a catfight. Wink Nightfall is definitely the best choice for this purpose - a strong huntress and proven warrior, having quite a temper as well. Definitely a match for Kahvi. And the "best-looking" one - that's why I bet on the catfight intention. XD

But there can be more behind it ... by purpose or coincidentally. She's protective of Redlance, of the tribe - and of Cutter, already from teenage days.
Kahvi's intention was a violation, an attack on the Tribe, on the Wolfrider identity, on the Chief ... and on Nightfall's personal friend Cutter.
Nightfall sees herself as a protector - remember her dream. The dream that was interupted by Kahvi. Once again - Nightfall was a natural choice.

Clearbrook - strong and battle-tested like Nightfall, probably more settled and with calmer temper

When Kahvi had taken Clearbrook I think the story would have turned out been similar. Clearbrook might try to talk first, but when Kahvi (half drunken) insists on her plans Clearbrook would be both willing and capable to "beat some sense" in her. Let's word it different - Clearbrook would react as protective as Nightfall if needed and she proved her temper and strength!

Moonshade - the protector of The Way, probably more powerful in will and talk as in physical strength.

I doubt that she would be a match for Kahvi in a physical fight. Then again - Moonshade is good for surprises. I shouldn't underestimate her.
Her tongue can be a weapon for sure. If she would have been kahvi's accidentally prey I'd ecpect more of a dispute of words and wits than a physical fight.

Just had an hilariious vision ... Hypnotize
You know, in my opinion Kahvi acts in this storyline more like a moody rebellious teenager instead of the daring impulsive chieftess she's supposed to be. Now imagine this teenager meeting teacher Moonshade ... and watch the lesson!
btw: In this case my bets would be on Moonshade. Definitely.

Tyleet - soft-spoken, calm and gentle. Hardly a match for Kahvi.

unless ... she'd prove the truth in Pike's son about her: "... just try to refuse her anything!" Now I'd wish for a skilled and inventive story teller to bring up this variation!

Shenshen - the cheeky, love-loving Sunmaiden. No match for Kahvi either.

Would she offer Kahvi a roll in the furs with her instead? XD

Krim - Kahvi's former tribe mate ... and still faithful to her to some degree (see Recognition)

This could turn out interesting - and lead in variant directions. Krim is faithful to both Cutter and Kahvi.
- Would she "protect" her new chief and fight Kahvi if necessary? Not impossible, but unlikely.
- Would Kahvi convince her of the idea of a cross-tribe-heir? And both of them return to trick the Trolls once more and earn the right prey? Risky, not promising much success - but very much Go-Back! When Kahvi is convincing enough Krim would follow her in this adventure.
- Turning it the other way round ... Krim is convincing Kahvi that trying to "use" cutter it a bad idea for one reason or the other. Maybe they find another goal while discussing. And Krim would follow Kahvi on her ongoing quest. Anyone hold a bet against this?

Venka - turning it into a mother-daughter story ... intriguing twist indeed.

They would get time to get familiar again, approach each other on a new level ... possibly find a new understanding.
I doubt that Venka would stay with her mother, tho. The way I see it she is too much Wolfrider in soul ... and to responsible.
- being faithful to Cutter and help him to get his family back
- wishing to meet her father
- and last not least fighting Winnowill ... protecting HER tribe from the Black Snake.

*phhuuuuu ... now I need rest before I think about the males*

EDIT: I havn't read back before writing - so some of my "idea" might have been discussed already, proven wrong or worked out in a better way.

What would you do Embala if it was you?

Embala

Me - or Embala? XD

I'll think about it ...

RaetheTree-Shaper

Embala said

Me - or Embala? XD

I'll think about it ...

both of course! hehe... Grin
Grin

Rae_treeshaper

Just seen this thread and have kept asking the same question myself what if Khavi had lol... although due to the lack of pictures that i cant see (stupidly old computer having to use) and these forums acting rather weirdly for me lol. Just slowly getting to read most of the posts on here but thanks to who ever started it (memories not too great atm lol) for publishing this... I wanna see a comic of this I don't mind how it goes ive seen many fan fics of a sleeping cutter and images ;) heck knows Mandy R-M got me into sleeping elves heh. ;) I'm hoping this things gonna post!

Vaeri

reading through this, and the comment about how Kahvi should have a cub with Windkin or Spine made me almost fall off my bed laughing...XD oh how the years enlighten us!

anyway, i actually kind of LIKED the concept of a heir to inherit both tribes. i think the real debate for me is....what if the cub had been a boy? it's been made obvious Kahvi's disdain for male children, but this would be the cub with Cutter she wanted, and perhaps the Wolfriders would be more willing to follow him.

HA, a blonde haired, green eyed boy with the double braids...hmm. i might need to doodle this now.

sulken

never understood how Kahvi could mistake the smallest of the grown up elves with the Cutter, who's much bulkier and larger than she is (even if they're in cocoons).

Blackbird

Vaeri said: reading through this, and the comment about how Kahvi should have a cub with Windkin or Spine made me almost fall off my bed laughing...XD oh how the years enlighten us!

I was just going to comment on this to, so funny :D

RedheadEmber

Vaeri said: reading through this, and the comment about how Kahvi should have a cub with Windkin or Spine made me almost fall off my bed laughing...XD oh how the years enlighten us!

Some people around here are scarily good at predicting stuff! !Tier

Vaeri said: anyway, i actually kind of LIKED the concept of a heir to inherit both tribes. i think the real debate for me is....what if the cub had been a boy? it's been made obvious Kahvi's disdain for male children, but this would be the cub with Cutter she wanted, and perhaps the Wolfriders would be more willing to follow him.

More willing that following Ember?

sulken said: never understood how Kahvi could mistake the smallest of the grown up elves with the Cutter, who's much bulkier and larger than she is (even if they're in cocoons).

The Preservers used different amounts of wrapstuff! :bz

sulken

RedheadEmber said: The Preservers used different amounts of wrapstuff!

It's the Preservers' equivalent of drawing on the faces of drunken sleepers with markers :D