ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Wolf lifespan

Riverfall

I heard that the wolves of the wolfriders pack are much longer lived than your average wolf. Anyone know what kinda life span we are talking about here?

StrangeWays

That depends on the ammount
of elfblood they have left.
But Nightrunner lived for 30
years I believe.

Leanan

And Starjumper lived longer than Nightrunner...

Firya

But how old was Choplicker? When Ember and her tribe meets Cutter and the others in the palace, it says that old Choplicker dozes at Embers feet (or something), but Ember and Choplicker are just.. what.. 18?

krwordgazer

Yes, the wolves seem to have widely different lifespans. It must, as had been said, have something to do with the percentage of elf blood in that particular wolf.

Which would make one think that Wolfriders with a higher percentage of wolf blood would have shorter lifespans than those with less, as well. Except that after generations of inbreeding, the Wolfriders may all have roughly similar amounts of wolf blood. Whereas their wolves may be accepting traveling non-elf-blooded wolves into the pack and decreasing the percentage of elf blood that way.

Fourleafclover

Quote:
Firya

But how old was Choplicker? When Ember and her tribe meets Cutter and the others in the palace, it says that old Choplicker dozes at Embers feet (or something), but Ember and Choplicker are just.. what.. 18?

Choplicker has experience unique amoung all the Wolfrider wolves.... he was the only one shot forward to the future and "genetically" the oldest wolf of the new Wolfrider wolves by many centuries...

I know this is outside the original topic query but it's all I had to contribute. Grin

dewshine_lover_1

Yeah i guess technically you are right.. choplicker is genetically way older than the new wolves.. but it is always a question isnt it..hehe that would make ember and suntop older than say tyleet and pool and sust.. i think cutter would still be considered older as well as the rest of the elders considering they were still alive... but they were cacooned.. so what do u think.,, since time stops in the webs.. do u think ember and suntop are older than their father? hehe
thats a good question

Trollbabe

Do we know for certain that Choplicker was purely a Holt wolf? By the time Ember was old enough to bond with him, the Holt wolves had been living among the desert jack-wolves for maybe seven years.