ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Dreamtime: What dreams have come true already?

captainvimes

Zhantee's has, we know about that.
Strongbow and Moonshade have a new cub.
Was Treestumps danger dream about the trolls in SatS?
Tyleet reached out to the humans.

And what about the unsolved dreams...
Will Venka find and lead the go-backs to a new balance?
(that's a story I'm really looking forward too, I miss her :()

PCoquelin

In my sense, Treestump's dream has begun, in SaTS...

I just hope it won't go as far as shown in Dream Tales...

LivietheLurker

For the Umty-millionth time: Don't let Shenshen's dream refer to her trip in the Forevergreen! Give us a Shenshen-quest!

lunakat

It seems Clearbrook's dream has come true.

Zhantee's

Um...Cutters

Redlance's

I don't think Nightfall's has happened yet
And only part of Strongbow and Moonshade's dream has occurred

Scot

Pike's i think was largely metaphoric- more than a prediction

Tyleet's dream has definately come true

Shen Shen is still waiting

Any others?

LivietheLurker

Not exactly a dream, but I'd really like to Leetah's prediction for Aroree come true. She promised Aroree that in time, she would dream again.

Kitt

Quote:
Livie the Lurker

For the Umty-millionth time: Don't let Shenshen's dream refer to her trip in the Forevergreen! Give us a Shenshen-quest!

[size=24:9d0b9644c9]AMEN TO THAT!! :o[/size:9d0b9644c9]

Kathleen

I can't see it refering to that, guys. The symbols were all wrong for a rainforest quest.

Leanan

Nightfall's happened when she fought Kahvi.

Some of the dreams were warnings of what might happen, not prophecies...

Was Clearbrook's dream a flashback to the past?

NightAngel

Well, Skot died..and his footsteps has been replaced by a new Go Back, maybe Sust?

Nakadah

But it never really specifies if Sust is Pike's or Skot's son. I really hope he's Skot's son though.. Or does it ever specify? :?:

Emma

Kitt

Quote:
Nakadah

But it never really specifies if Sust is Pike's or Skot's son. I really hope he's Skot's son though.. Or does it ever specify? :?:

Emma

[size=24:233dd038d5]SPOILER!![/size:233dd038d5]

[size=7:233dd038d5]It was hinted at that since Sust hadn't been able to bond with the wolves as Pool did, that he may not have the wolf blood and, as such, that would make him Skot's biological child. ...of course, Go-Backs are Wolfriders, too....but that's a whole 'nother story Wink[/size:233dd038d5]

LivietheLurker

Spoiler!

In later comics though he does have a wolffriend.

Kitt

True, but then again, so does his Mama Wink

Nakadah

Oh... I see what you mean Kitt, and that does make a lot of sense.

Emma

Kitt

YAY! :o

emerald

I think he is skot's son, even though I think he looks a lot like Pike!
Anyway...
...I wish Skot didn't die. Unhappy

AceQuester

Skot replacement can been seen in Sust but also in Yun.. a new GoBack in the Ember-Wolfriders tribe...

RedheadEmber

(The thread-necromancer strikes again)

Well... part of Shenshen's dream deffo came true already.

Pool!

RedheadEmber

(So, Final Quest is happening and thus a heap of questions are being answered - and even more asked - there I will go through each dream to see which ones have come true. Well, which ones I think have come true)

:x
I think this dream has come true in the reverse order, so that the first part - the forest growing back - came true when the Wolfriders resettled at Goodtree's rest. And the second part - humans cutting down the forest - happened when Grohmul Djun destroyed Thorny Mountain Holt. Of course it could also be a reference to what's about to happen, with Angrif cutting down forests to get wood.

!Treestump
The part about learning to forge metal has come true. I certainly hope the part of his weapons hurting those he love won't actually come true.

8->
Think some of it refers back to things that had already happened before the Long Sleep; his "following Rayek" and daring to go out into the unknown.
The wave-part came true when he saved Leetah, and "jumping through Leetah" when he died, same for entering the Palace.

!Venka
First of all; I think she has always had the balance between the fire of Rayek and the ice of Kahvi.
She is chieftess of the Go-Backs so in a way she has "raised above them", also with Aroree - and Windkin - with her it could literally happen.
She has that shield Two-Edge made for her, and who knows? He could cover it in something that would actually make it flamey.

!Nightfall
Not so sure about this one. It classifies Kahvi, Rayek and Two-Edge as 'Dark Ones', but all three of those have - at least partly - shown themselves to be allies since the Wolfriders woke up. Of course the inclussion of Kahvi could simply have been a foreshadowing of the Whole 'attempting to get a fawn with Cutter' thing. If it happened... and of course we know that Rayek (and Winnowill) will turn up soon.

@-)
As Someone (I forgot who, sorry!) mentioned in the issue 9 thread, this is probably a reference to solving problems by unconvential Means, rather than foreshadowing that Pike will actually get turned into a dreamberry.

:-\" + >:D
Definitely thing this one has come true. They had their fawn (Sust) and were able to stop. I especially think this is true because I'm convinced Sust was sired under that blanket during 'Shards', and even if he weren't and Pike is his sire, it wouldn't matter to Skot (or Pike or Krim or Sust or anybody)

:( + !Moonshade
Now, why couldn't they just dream in normal words and pictures like the rest of them?
The birth of Freetouch/Chitter, and the separation between them?

:-*
Reaching out to the humans.
Five fingers, (Shenshen) transformed into human (dream shared with Shenshen).

:-O
Has found a way to 'Shine where you love' via Tyleet's (dream) five fingers.
Pregnant Tyleet foreshadowing Pool.

!Clearbrook
Pretty sure this dream was referring back to what happened during SaBM. Though it could also foreshadow events during which her actions will be as rash as in the dream.

:((
Didn't have any dreams of her own.

;)
Got to fly among the stars, though in the Palace/a Palace Pod rather than hanging from a star.

X(
Think this refers back to when Rayek stole his family.

sulken

The "hurting the one's you love through the way you wanted to protect them"-part of Treestump's dream could refer to the palace.

The Dark Ones in Nightfall's dream could refer to the human threat, and, same with Pike's dream, a unconvential (but also obvious) solution

Weaver

One of the big threads I noticed is around the cubs–some having cubs and some dreaming about cubs in danger. If the dreams are to be believed gen 2 since the story began seem to have some trouble headed there way. Is this foreshadowing of what will become of Ember's tribe? "Children are never safe" 8-X