ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Rholt's Fanart thread

Kitt

[color=green:9ed40885e9]I agree! Cutie-pie!! :o[/color:9ed40885e9]

Arrow

WINDKIN!!! He is most definitely cute. :D
And rholt, like everyone else has said, I am dying to see the inked pic. :)

rholt

ok gotta get myself back on track... "weekly updates" right

*kicks self into gear*

krwordgazer

Windkin looks like he's having a fantastic time, flying.

Wish I could fly . . .

Mynx

Quote:
rholt

ok gotta get myself back on track... "weekly updates" right

*kicks self into gear*

Is your muse off with mine, perhaps? Downing margaritas on a beach not caring what we are up to? Grrrrrrr.... Wink

rholt

Okay, then the crappy 1st version of inks.
This is what came straight out of my hand:

finished inks to come...

joselle

"crappy"? :oops: Looks pretty good to me!

rholt

Finished inks:

Color and possibly a background to come!

redshine

Can't wait to see all that! :D

Thallasia

Very nice! I love the pose! And Windkin is just cute :)

Mynx

Oh! Can't wait to see more! :D

I love it!

MultiMEDEA

Nice! There's not enough Windkin art out there. Pretty please with color and a glorious blue sky in the background? **pleading puppy eyes**

Icebird

I simply love this art! It's awesome!! keep postin'!
***Icebird***

krwordgazer

Heh. I can't tell the difference between the rough inks and the finished, except that the finished are a little darker. I like them both (feels ignorant). . .

NightAngel

Pretty Windkin :D

rholt

Well if you look at the shoulders, that's the most obvious change.
Working on colors, bit by bit, sort of learning photoshop as I go...

rholt

Tadaaaahhhh!

joselle

fly windkin fly!!

krwordgazer

Ooh! Love it!

Handsome elf, isn't he? :D

redshine

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaw! That's gorgeous! :D

jadengems

Nice job!

~Gem

scarlettdoll

Wow!! That's incredible! Windkin looks fabulous!! I'm very impressed Rholt!

Mynx

Lovin' it! :D

Kitt

Tre Fantastic! :o

MultiMEDEA

Definitely adding to my small (but growing) collection of Glider art.

rholt

color to come...

I would've liked Ahdri's point of view to line up with the previous pic, but that last one appears to be from a couple feet or so over Ahdri's head. Ehh, close enough! :D

joselle

*claps hands* oh! pretty, pretty!!

krwordgazer

A very sweet picture, Rholt.

I know that's the way Windkin dresses, but-- well, I wish he wouldn't. He looks like he's wearing a bathing suit from 1910!

But I still love the picture.

redshine

Hm - well, depending on the bloke you put in it a bathing suit from 1910 can be something to look at ... Wink

Am looking forward to the coloured version. :D

MultiMEDEA

Hmm...I always thought he looked a bit like a tae-bo instructor. :)

rholt

Well it is a bit easier to draw, even with all the stripes. That other costume is like a swimsuit a synchronized swimmer would wear, all frilly and stuff. Grin
But really, I was aiming for some time in the past after the War, but before the Forevergreen storyline.

Kitt

Ooh! Can't wait to see this one, finished! :o

rholt

Background to come!

Ahdri's face is giving me problems, her jawline was too low to begin with, better now, but something's still a little off.

joselle

Teaser? Surprised

And I think you may be over-thinking the jawline.... Wink

redshine

Me likes! :D

Mynx

Oh wow, rholt! It's really looking good. I can't wait to see the rest of it! :D

Kitt

...okay, teasing is not nice :P Be friendly and finish! :o

rholt

Ok, finished!

joyleaf1

wow that is just awsome, beautiful picture. Surprised :D

joselle

Awesome! I love the way you do the desert in those really soft layers!

rholt

Thanks, I think this one is starting to look a bit like a rainbow-striped ocean Grin ... but hey, from way up high, the atmosphere colors the horizon blueish.

Now, on to something else...

(tease...gonna make you wait for it Grin )

emerald

[quote:f753b87210]Any requests?
I'm sure Dewshine_lover_1 would like some Dewshine...
I drew Nighty a Clearbrook...
Ecko wanted Moonshade. Here she is...
Anyone else?[/quote:f753b87210]

Oooh! I would love a Tyeet (with a baby pool)!
I don't mind if I'm at the bottom of the list or how long it would take, but I would love to see it!!! :D :D :D

joyleaf1

I would love to request joyleaf and bearclaw art

redshine

*knocks carfully against computer screen & wonders what's wrong with it now*

Hm - sorry - I can't see the background at all - only Ahdri and Windkin ... :?

rholt

Just hit 'refresh'. I used the same name file on photobucket, my bad.

redshine

Yeeehaaaa! Now it worked!

Beautiful! Love those soft tones of the background in contrast to the vibrant colours of the foreground! :D

Kitt

OOOHH!! So very touching! :o Great work!

Mynx

I love it! The desert is beautifully done! :D

emerald

Gosh, I just love your work! I wish I could draw like that! Surprised
My favorite one by far is the moonshade with her new cub pic!
(that's why I requested one of Tyleet with pool!)

krwordgazer

Love the finished product! :D

emerald

Hey! This says weekly updates! I love your work so much! Please update soon! :D

rholt

My muse has been suspiciously quiet... But at least she gave me this nifty banner!

now why won't the damn thing show up! can't post it

the [img][/img] tags don't do anything in the sig line? am I confused or is computerland on a glitch?

[img:ea07d11756]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/rholt3224/my1stbanner.jpg[/img:ea07d11756]

edit: It shows in "me test"! wtf! believe me I'm looking at my post here in edit, and I don't know why it won't show... GRRR!
[img:ea07d11756]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/rholt3224/my1stbanner.jpg[/img:ea07d11756]

krwordgazer

I can see it, Rholt!. But I can't seem to get an image to show in my signature, either. :( I finally gave up.

I love the picture, though! So dramatic!

Mynx

OOooooo! Nice banner Rholt! :D

rholt

*sigh* Wish I could see it. :roll:

joselle

I had alot of banner troubles too. The only way it seemed that I was able to get the size right was to steal someone elses banner and use it as a template, then it always loaded properly.

rholt

??? It's 500 x 75 and less bytes than yrs... I hafta say I'm still confused. :(

It's just a picture! A long skinny picture, and when I post it it won't show up! Now I don't mean the sig line, I can't even see it in this message.

I posted it like all my other stuff below this line, and as far as I can tell it's not there after I submit it. I see the img tags and the right http to photobucket in edit, but me no see picture!
[img:5e94cdd542]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/rholt3224/my1stbanner.jpg[/img:5e94cdd542]
Anyone see it?
I know Wordgazer and Mynx saw it in earlier post...

Mynx

I can still see it! :)

joselle

I see it too! (saw it then as well!!) maybe one of the perservers can help you with it!

rholt

Surprised Okay I bet everyone can see it but me. Which is silly. I made the stupid thing. Could be my computer. I can see other banners. And my pictures on the previous pages.

Just not this one...... Evil Grin

Grrr

redshine

I think you'd need preserver help here - I still can't see it either ... only the version you posted a little higher up and that one's incredible! :)

Leanan

Lovely windkin ones... Ahdri is so sweet... nice colours... you chose his best outfit too...

Um... did I ever remember to tell you that there aren't any canon pics of Brace except that one page in Captives of BM? At least, no one else could find any either... not even zjahra who did an extensive listing of nameless and lesser-known gliders... ( http://ashrouva.net/gliders/ - Nowth did good work putting it all online, there's one picture from that page too, the same one I used in Brace's profile for my roleplay...)

rholt

I'll get back to requests in a bit, too bad there's no other Brace, he's going to be tough. My muse whacked me with some calendar ideas.

rholt

okay, here's a teaser! I am working on something, but I have to go do more b-day stuff w/my parents...

[img:aef06f906f]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/rholt3224/winnie.jpg[/img:aef06f906f]

she's not scowly or smirky enough for what I'm after... will work on that.

NightAngel

Nice lips 8)

Leanan

[quote:62f44b1ca5="rholt"]I'll get back to requests in a bit, too bad there's no other Brace, he's going to be tough. My muse whacked me with some calendar ideas.[/quote:62f44b1ca5]

Do you have CoBM? If not, I could at least scan you the full page. There's one picture that shows his profile quite well...

rholt

Don't worry I've got everything, 8) just not as much time as I'd like :D

redshine

Nice teaser ... Like the expression on her face already so I'm looking forward to what's to come ... Wink

rholt

Well it's not what I [i:f6cbf79734]was[/i:f6cbf79734] working on, but hey, when the muse speaks...
[img:f6cbf79734]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/rholt3224/chitter.jpg[/img:f6cbf79734]

lookout! she's reaching for [i:f6cbf79734]your[/i:f6cbf79734] hair!

MultiMEDEA

Regarding your sig image (if you're still having problems)...I see an image of a dark blue background with two moons on the right side and a pair of eyes on the left side. It might be that your popup blocker or something else is set to not see images with the word "banner" embedded in it?

rholt

:bow:
Oh the answer! You had the answer! Looks like that was the problem Surprised
[size=9:0570ce153b]me computer dork[/size:0570ce153b] :crash:
Thank you! I never woulda thought of that... :oops:

My banner! Yay I see it!

Direwrath

Nice lineart! :D You really can do perspective well, great job!

joselle

too cute!! Now I wanna see it in color! :P

twinklebug

Awwwww! :D What a cutie!

Kitt

[color=green:ca5b474d0e]That's so cute! Chitter-mania hits!! :o Anyhoo, your linework is lovely as usual! Fantastic! :o[/color:ca5b474d0e]

redshine

How cute! Chitter seems to be creating quite a fanclub ... :D

Willowspring

*hides her hair under a cap* now try to get it now you little monkey... i love it, Chitter is the cutest character out there now....

rholt

So it's not fanart, but it's mine and it's cool:

Hat complete with elf ears!

joselle

sweet!! :mrgreen: I so want to learn to knit!!

rholt

I can crochet, but no I bought the hat on my b-day ski trip cuz I must've been thinking, "la dee da, it's 55 in Seattle, snow's not cold, nah..."
And pink is soooo not me, but it's not quite pastel so I bought it for the ears.
Do you crochet?

Mynx

Happy belated B-Day, rholt! Love the Chitter pic! :D

krwordgazer

Ack! Chitter, let go of my hair! Moooonshade! HEEEELP! Grin

I love the picture, Rholt!

Kitt

Ooohh, sorry I missed your B-Day, Rholt! Happy belated birthday, Honey! :o

rholt

You sillies! :D Both of you did wish me Happy B-day in my B-day thread.
Thanks for double the happiness! Always need more of that. :D :love: :D

Mynx

*smacks forehead*

Grin

Oy... I have been scattered lately!

Kitt

*hides behind Mynx* :oops: :o ...well, at least we were thinkin' about ya Wink

rholt

I know, it's been a while, and this is probably not the finished draft, just a sample exploration of some photoshop effects.

Willowspring

eeep *eep, covers her hair with her cap* no no no grabbing hair chitter

xenophile80

awww... that looks very nice colored. :)

Foxeye

Looks great!

redshine

Love the green especially - so fresh! :D

Hey, do you use a mouse for colouring or are you the lucky owner of a wacom tablet?

rholt

I wish! Naw, stuck with the mouse, and a lot of patience.

xenophile80

wow... Surprised you did that with a MOUSE???

I bow before you... :bow:

rholt

Oh not the line drawing! I do lines by hand. Mouse-line is awful!
Just the color-stuff. Layer layer layer and magic eraser! It's not that special, it just took time and patience. (And the leaves are a tool, I didn't do those individually...) I want more plug ins! Wendy has a much wider variety of leaves to work with, I refuse to believe they are all "custom shape". But then I really don't know what I'm doing, compared to the likes of Joselle! :bow:

joselle

:love:

Mynx

:D Gotta love Chitter! Yay!

xenophile80

Well, I'm still impressed by the color job done with a mouse. I hate using mice to do stuff like that. They keep jumping off the wheel and demanding more cheese and the like. ;)

rholt

Slowly, so slowly I am getting to the request list on page 4. Pool's not quite a baby, but they are more fun at this age :D
[img:425e4fff3e]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d83/rholt3224/tyleetpool.jpg[/img:425e4fff3e]

krwordgazer

That's perfect, Rholt. Tyleet is such a sweet mother! And Pool. . . ah, I remember when mine were that age.

Are you planning to color it?

Direwrath

[quote:6e1da5db63="rholt"]Oh not the line drawing! I do lines by hand. Mouse-line is awful!
Just the color-stuff. Layer layer layer and magic eraser! It's not [i:6e1da5db63]that[/i:6e1da5db63] special, it just took time and patience. (And the leaves are a tool, I didn't do those individually...) I want more plug ins! Wendy has a much wider variety of leaves to work with, I refuse to believe they are all "custom shape". But then I really don't know what I'm doing, compared to the likes of Joselle! :bow:[/quote:6e1da5db63]

Whether you do those by mouse, hand, or mind your linework is perfect. :D

NEXT PAGE