ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Dewshine's Den!

dewshine_lover_1

As you can see, this topic is Dedicated (once again) to the wonderful huntress Dewy!

dewshine_lover_1

wow..guess no one likes dewy now? where are ya emerald?

Willowspring

AH! sorry dewy!!! Dewshine kicks butt... She has one hell of a lifemate 9Tyleet) and has an overprotective one... She had to go through one of the hardest recognitions in history and came out with an adorable windkin. She kicks butt

joyleaf1

ok sorry it took me so long to get here, i have had a busy day, here you go my lovely dewshine, you know i have nothing but love for her and u.

heres the lovely rillfisher mommy to dewshine.

and to our lovely dewshine.

she is freedom and grace to me, ever lovely and not at all fragile like a flower. she has made the best of not always easy times and a wonderful lifemate and mother.

Kitt

Quote:
joyleaf

Hey, wait! Where's this one from?? :o She's gorgeous! She's so bubbly and light! :)

dewshine_lover_1

i know this i really do..but joyleaf knows for sure..hehehe i love that picture

dewshine_lover_1

My sister Elftanner made this for me for my birthday..i hope it comes up here..

ok it doesnt..if you want to see it..and you have a myspace account..go to search and look for Dewshine_lover...theres no 1 at the end of that one though ok..or look for Saphronia Dunton..thats me..its a moving strip of Dewshine memories..its really cool! Thanks sis

ok..here is the link..you may have to type it out..this goes to myspace home page..its under my dancing leetah! enjoy!

http://www.myspace.com/lilpeach192001

Arfurido

Kitt, same goes here!! There is original Wendy art I have not seen?? Surprised Surprised Surprised

Kitt

*sings* WEEEE WANNA KNOOOOOOWWWW!! :P And that's a cute DEWY banner!!

joyleaf1

kitt and dewshine the dewshine picture came from the Journey to sarrows end special ed. book with the blue hard back signed.
theres also a never before or after one of strongbow that i posted in the strongbow thred before it got deleated.

enjoy. :D :D

joyleaf1

I know dewshine loves thease ones, and i hope u all enjoy. :D :D :D

dewshine_lover_1

lol i love those pics..hehe but man..in the first one..dewshines face looks so ..butch hahahaha thanks joyleaf!

emerald

Sorry Dewy!
Here I am! Wink
Joyleaf already posted the pics I wanted to post for you...but I have some more!
Isn't this elf gorgeous? I love this pic of her with Windkin!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Look at her releasing the preservers! She's too cute!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

dewshine_lover_1

lol you actually posted some of my favorite pictures of her hehehe thanks emerald

emerald

This is one of my favorite pics of her! Wink

Alana

Hehe! The pic you posted, Emerald, is the one I scanned from The Gatherum. Grin I can tell because it was printed in b/w, but when I was 12 I (badly) colored it with colored pencil. Hence why it's in color. It's one of my favorites too, I just regret using it as a coloring book!

I should scan the sketch Lea Hernandez (an artist who worked on EQ) did for me. It's one-of-a-kind and pretty.

dewshine_lover_1

whoops..that guest was me ..sorry

Alana

Really? What's the link?

My site's been kicking around since '97 or '98, but I never have time to update it anymore. I'm hoping to do a huge update this summer. :D

emerald

Quote:
Alana

Hehe! The pic you posted, Emerald, is the one I scanned from The Gatherum. Grin I can tell because it was printed in b/w, but when I was 12 I (badly) colored it with colored pencil. Hence why it's in color. It's one of my favorites too, I just regret using it as a coloring book!

I should scan the sketch Lea Hernandez (an artist who worked on EQ) did for me. It's one-of-a-kind and pretty.

I think I took it from you're website too...if it's the same one...it's hard to google images of a certain character and it's such a pain to scan all the time. Wink I don't think it's colored that badly! :P

dewshine_lover_1

arg!!! that was me..damn guests hehehe

emerald

A whole page for you Dewy! :kiss:

Kitt

[color=green:286271dea5]That was her best outfit! I loved that thing!! :D:D:D:D:D[/color:286271dea5]

crescent1325

[color=indigo:47f5d0416f]that was my favorite scene with her ever...[/color:47f5d0416f]

Willowspring

i dont know... i think i like her rose and purple one... during um... the middle of legacy ... that outfit was cute...

Kitt

[color=green:8a509126eb]It was but...this is like a leatard (sp) and that's so what she needed! :D[/color:8a509126eb]

emerald

[color=blue:efbeab3c49]Ew Kitt...really? The fringes! Surprised
Personally I liked her very first outfit the best! Wink
*Huggles Kitt*[/color:efbeab3c49]

joyleaf1

nope id have to say that that outfit on here there was my fav. of all her outfits. :D :D :D that was so cute on her.

dewshine_lover_1

[color=red:40be5eacbb]Sorry that was me![/color:40be5eacbb]

joyleaf1

:D :D :D Ok dewshine just rocks, I cant waite to see her agean...i want to see how she is doing and windkin....i love her! 8) 8)

innie

Quote:
Alana

I'd love to see that sketch Alana :)

Alana

Quote:
innie

[quote:04f2c11d15="Alana"]Hehe! The pic you posted, Emerald, is the one I scanned from The Gatherum. Grin I can tell because it was printed in b/w, but when I was 12 I (badly) colored it with colored pencil. Hence why it's in color. It's one of my favorites too, I just regret using it as a coloring book!

I'd love to see that sketch Alana :)[/quote:04f2c11d15]

I'm visiting my parents right now, and luckily that's where the sketch is. :) I'll try to take a picture later today.

Kitt

Quote:
emerald

Ew Kitt...really? The fringes! Surprised
Personally I liked her very first outfit the best! Wink
*Huggles Kitt*

Surprised *gasps in shock* What do you mean?? That outfit SO rocked! I mean, the fringes are classic Native American clothes garnish (okay, so I don't know what the term for that is :P ) It's lovely! :o Oh, Joyleaf, which pic were you talking about?? There are two on this page :P Oh, and Alana, I WANNA SEE IT TOO!! :D

emerald

heehee...I just didn't like it! Wink
Oh, and I think Joyleaf meant the fringe pic!

Kitt

*dances* WOOOO!! Fans of Dewshine and her awesome fabulously fringed flying frock! :D:D

emerald

You know, I think it was more the leotard. (sp?) That outfit seemed (to me) really out of place. :?

Kitt

Well, yeah, that's what I called it before, but, you see Honey, Leotard doesn't start with "F" :P ...lemme see....Dewshine and her Lavishly Lovely Leaping Leotard? :D

emerald

I'm sorry...*scratches head* I didn't understand the joke! :?

Kitt

*scratches Emerald's head* 's okay, dear. I still love you, anyway :)

emerald

Hey! I was asking you to explain it! Wink

joyleaf1

Quote:
emerald

You know, I think it was more the leotard. (sp?) That outfit seemed (to me) really out of place. :?

and I think thts why I love that outfit on dewshine, the fring on the bottem and arms was hella cute to me. when do u see a wolfrider in a less then "funchnal" outfit. not to say the outfit was bad in anyway but it was diffrent for a change and i loved that and it just looked hella good on her. made her look a bit taller andshoed of her dewshine curves well! :D

Alana

Alright, when I visited my folks I took a picture of it, though my mother's digital camera leaves something to be desired. Sorry.

The story behind it is that I bought some original comic book pages from the issue where a sun-villager has an interest in Moonshade, drawn by Lea Hernandez. I was maybe 14 years old at the time. When I gave her my info I mentioned Dewshine was my favorite character (the pages I bought had her in them). The shipping took a long time because she was busy, so to make up for it, when she sent me my pages, she included this sketch, which I had framed, and copies of her two graphic novels. :) SUCH a nice lady.

crescent1325

thats quite a cute sketch....i like it...

Kitt

Cutie Pie! :kiss:

emerald

Here is such a pretty pic of Dewy...it's on my Tyleet website...I'm almost done by the way!

dewshine_lover_1

Thank you sweets...lol

emerald

[color=blue:07be60fb9e]Some pictures of Dewshine just for Dewy![/color:07be60fb9e]

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Alana

Very pretty! :)

crescent1325

[img:7fd2ce8c42]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b288/GillianNichols/fierce.jpg[/img:7fd2ce8c42]
[color=indigo:7fd2ce8c42]always thought that this one showed her fierce side so well....i wouldnt wanna mess with her![/color:7fd2ce8c42]

Kitt

[color=green:83c306b098]I think I could take her :twisted:[/color:83c306b098]

crescent1325

[color=indigo:2bf9994232]you gp attack her kitt, ill wait behind this walll right here and see the outcome...hehehehehe[/color:2bf9994232]

dewshine_lover_1

lol..i should post the pic i drew..lol

[img:e343dfc466]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/lilpeach192001/pregdewy.jpg[/img:e343dfc466]

[img:e343dfc466]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/lilpeach192001/dewy.jpg[/img:e343dfc466]

crescent1325

[color=indigo:22d9edda95]I love the happy prego Dewshine, but the other one is touching... :(

Did you notice it tells a story in the order you put it? [/color:22d9edda95]

dewshine_lover_1

oh wow..no i didnt notice that..i just posted them..talk about subconcious hahahaha...

joyleaf1

i love hoe the colors have come to life in the archive Ed, of the books, doesnt dewshine just look all the more real to u? not that she ever wasnt to me*winkx at dewshine_lover_1*

crescent1325

[quote:fbe3a031ef="joyleaf"]i love hoe the colors have come to life in the archive Ed, of the books, doesnt dewshine just look all the more real to u? not that she ever wasnt to me*winkx at dewshine_lover_1*[/quote:fbe3a031ef]

[color=indigo:fbe3a031ef]I think its cuz the Coloring of her reflects the environment she is in. I love the coloring of the OQ b/c they were bright, but now that im older and really realize they are in a mountain, i think the archive coloring gives it a more realistic feel to me...my 2 cents anyways...[/color:fbe3a031ef]

emerald

[color=blue:67608104ef]Yeah I love it better too!
The only problem I have is when the whole page is just different shades of the same color...it bugs...[/color:67608104ef]

joyleaf1

lol, i can understand that way of looking at it, still just love the whole way of doing the books thoe. much more flewid in the pannels...its awsome they can jump out at ya and make u feel like ur right there....i love it. :D

crescent1325

[color=indigo:6baf45e5d8]See thats how i see EQ in general...well most of it i should say. Never really got into Future Quest and Barry Blairs stuff. But the Pini's and others always made me feel apart of it. I think thats why its sooooo special to so many.[/color:6baf45e5d8]

dewshine_lover_1

I dont care how her coloring is..shes the best!! hehe

crescent1325

Grin

joyleaf1

:thumbsup: :roflmao:

dewshine_lover_1

:D :D i know..i know..im the greatest wanna be elf in the world hahaha

joyleaf1

:D :D your not alone!!!! Wink Wink

crescent1325

[quote:e00413a3f5="joyleaf"]:D :D your not alone!!!! Wink Wink[/quote:e00413a3f5]

[color=indigo:e00413a3f5]Yups yups...[/color:e00413a3f5]

Alana

I think we're all pretty big elf wannabes. Wink

Kitt

[quote:6f07a120ca="crescent1325"][color=indigo:6f07a120ca]you gp attack her kitt, ill wait behind this walll right here and see the outcome...hehehehehe[/color:6f07a120ca][/quote:6f07a120ca]

[color=green:6f07a120ca]Nooooooooooo! I just said that I COULD take her...doesn't mean that I will! :P I like Dewshine! :o[/color:6f07a120ca]

crescent1325

I Found this picture and fell in love with it. it is just so touching, so much emotions. It makes you realize how deep her love for Scouter and Tyleet is!

Luckily...its followed by this one, eventually

emerald

:crying: I know! I just love that part! My heart was touched when she tried to save Pool. It showed you just how much she loved her little family! :love:

Fourleafclover

I wonder, does she ever yearn for her cub - to see Windkin again?

joyleaf1

Oh im sure she does. :D

joyleaf1

Ok some realy lucky person wone this on ebay a few days ago...but we know its out there...I wish i could have gotten this.
It is a origonal commishioned art portrate of dewshine done 82 i think. its done in chalks and such by the elfmom her self wendy pini. and sold for just over 100 dollars on ebay..

Im sorry I couldnt have gotten this myself and the lucky person who got it...YOU HAD BETTER TAKE CARE OF THAT PRECIOUS DEWSHINE PICTURE.!!!!!!!!lol
colleen

Kitt

It looks lovely! :(

emerald

I saw that on eBay!!! Surprised
I was really going to bid but it was already up to $71! Surprised
*Grumbles* ...lucky person...

Alana

Ohhh, I wish I'd known! I would've blown my money on it. :(

Actually...maybe it's better that I didn't know!

joyleaf1

Quote:
Alana

Ohhh, I wish I'd known! I would've blown my money on it. :(

Actually...maybe it's better that I didn't know!

I am kicking myself because I dont have the money to blow on it... Unhappy Unhappy Unhappy Unhappy

Foxeye

Here's a little drawing I just did of Dewshine, in her outfit (colors courtesy of my whims) from the Recognition comic.

I have nooo idea if that tribe has any preservers, but, hey, artistic license. ^_^

crescent1325

OH sister dear! that is soooooooo pretty!

CrescentElf

A Little present, since I was gifted with one too ^_~

dewshine_lover_1

oooh i like that outfit foxeye..but ive never seen it!! its from the recogniton comic? with ember and tier? *smacks self for not noticing!*

Foxeye

Quote:
dewshine_lover_1

oooh i like that outfit foxeye..but ive never seen it!! its from the recogniton comic? with ember and tier? *smacks self for not noticing!*

Yep, that story! It's hard to get a clear look at her outfit in it, and it seems to change a little from page to page. :P You can see a small snippet of it on Mirr's outfit change page. (Here's a link to save you the trouble of looking for the thread.)

Woops, looks like I forgot to make her sleeves quite long enough. :oops:

dewshine_lover_1

omg yeah, i have that comic and i never noticed..*!!bad dewshine fan!!* oh well, but hey thanks for pointing that out..im just gonna have to draw one with her in that outfit..thanks for bringing that to my attention, and that is a beautiful drawing by the way! :D

dewshine_lover_1

hey!! how about some of you good artists out there..draw me a young dewy? like maybe..8 years old? ill see what i can do!~! i am so excited to see your pictures..i hope when i get home i will have some new pics to see!!

crescent1325

uh just who was she midwifing too??

OHh, and crescentelf....that is just a pretty pic of Dewy! **loves it and hugs it and pets it**

Alana

Quote:
crescent1325

uh just who was she midwifing too??

She's midwifing to Tyleet in that picture

crescent1325

Quote:
Alana

[quote:a0e59fbf59="crescent1325"]uh just who was she midwifing too??

She's midwifing to Tyleet in that picture[/quote:a0e59fbf59]

what story is that in???

Alana

Quote:
crescent1325

[quote:13754ffbf4="Alana"][quote:13754ffbf4="crescent1325"]uh just who was she midwifing too??

She's midwifing to Tyleet in that picture[/quote:13754ffbf4]

what story is that in???[/quote:13754ffbf4]

It's from the Reader's Collection book 'Wild Hunt.' After Ember and Teir reunite, she fills him in on what happened the past 12 or so years. The full pic is Scouter behind Tyleet, Tyleet reaching for Pool, Mender sitting by Tyleet, Dewshine holding Pool up, and Krim, Pike and Ember whooping it up as they watch.

innie

I love that picture! That issue looks so great only in pencils!

crescent1325

hmmmm....i gotta go request it! thank you for your description though! was great!

Elsa

[quote:54b4956202="crescent1325"][img:54b4956202]http://mira.telepelwen.com/eq/eqlist/fashion/dewshine/19_dewshine%20-%20RC11b%20-%20midwife%20outfit.jpg[/img:54b4956202][/quote:54b4956202]

Notice how baby Pool has no umbilical chord... Not to mention the unnatural amount of hair and baby fat for a newborn.

And, er... He's glowing?!

emerald

[color=blue:03bd06dab7]That's because he's magic! :P
He did it himself! Wink [/color:03bd06dab7]

crescent1325

[color=darkblue:f7e87b3f02]actaully...when i was born. I had about the same amount of hair as that pic. I kid you not. I had a FULL head of hair. as for the no umbellical cord, im shure that ember just for got to describe that in the memory...could you imagine it though? "yah so pool was born and he was in this nasty sack with this looooong cord that Tyleet had to chew off!" Grin lol...

i think they made him shine to show him as a "miracle" of recognition....well IMO anyways![/color:f7e87b3f02]

Lady_Door

not all babies are born at 6lbs. Both of my kids were 9lbs 8oz and 8lbs 5oz respectively. Both of them had full heads of hair at birth too. We're betting this one will too.

Sometimes the cord snaps on its own too. And who is to say Dewshine didn't already cut it?

dewshine_lover_1

yeah, lady door is right, my kids were 8 lbs 1 oz, and 9lbs 2 ozand he was early! anjolie and donovan were both born with a head of hair, in fact anjolies hair was about an inch long!! it stuck out over her ears haha. i do remember in one comic, when they all got bit by those bugs that made them halucinate, pool told tyleet that he was full of magic, but why is it that now he has no power? or at least it hasnt shown anything?

innie

[quote:26c98fe8a6="dewshine_lover_1"]yeah, lady door is right, my kids were 8 lbs 1 oz, and 9lbs 2 ozand he was early! anjolie and donovan were both born with a head of hair, in fact anjolies hair was about an inch long!! it stuck out over her ears haha. i do remember in one comic, when they all got bit by those bugs that made them halucinate, pool told tyleet that he was full of magic, but why is it that now he has no power? or at least it hasnt shown anything?[/quote:26c98fe8a6]

He has a sort of magical feeling, he could detect Winnowill's creatures. And he has great affinity with animals. But since there no longer are misformed animals, they don't talk about his power anymore.

Elsa

I think the artist certainly put his own impression of an elfin birth in. Other newborns were shown as being smaller, but it does vary. Human children born today are obviously much larger than human children born in times when food was scarce and mothers had to remain more active.

Although I love that artists (I forget the name though), the picture always did seem out of place. Everyone is cheering in the background, and Tyleet is stretching her arms out, making it look as if Pool literally jumped out of the womb, clean and with fluffy hair. Nice to see Dewshine as a Midwife though, being an equal part in their threesome.

That reminds me, if I recall correctly, Windkin was also magically born without an umbilical chord. I can't be bothered to get New Blood to check.

dewshine_lover_1

ok! lets show dewy some love!!

Gazelle

Awww, cute! I love those, especially pregnant Clearbrook. Did we ever see her carrying Scouter or Unnamed in the comics?

dewshine_lover_1

not that i know of hon..but that would have been nice lol.

Gazelle

Yeah.... who else have we never seen pregnant?

crescent1325

Moonshade..
Leetah...
krim....
actually most of the elves we have never seen preggers...

NEXT PAGE