ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Kahvi

spiritdetectivegirl

[quote:ea1a278509="manga"]More Kahvi avatar! (Originally she had blue eyes.) [img:ea1a278509]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9817/tek06112369c44es0.png[/img:ea1a278509][/quote:ea1a278509]

cool,now we have old and new Kahvi avatars up here!XD

Fourleafclover

Grin

Nightsea

Oh, and a "sexier" Kahvi is available in the "Naughty" thread.
Grin
--Nightsea

krwordgazer

Love that! :love:

Willowspring

o wow... shes beautiful... *sniff*

Nightsea

Thanks you two! I made the image of her on the deer for
my Vytha thread: http://www.elfquest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=373823#373823.

The bare image of her in the Naughty thread
http://www.elfquest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=372331#372331
has the wrong color eyes I think.

:)
--Nightsea

Willowspring

wow... nightsea... *drools* i like her with blue eyes

captainvimes

I love looking at all the fan art in this sub-forum so I thought I'd share some of mine :) Here's Kahvi!

[img:805b98f34e]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc224/wout77/woman.gif[/img:805b98f34e]

krwordgazer

Nice! :D

Willowspring

she looks like shes going to rip your lungs out through your nose... i love it!!!!

jeb

[img:64232d0fd4]http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo147/jepaul42/kahvi1.jpg[/img:64232d0fd4]

Embala

jeb said

Ah ... yesss! That's a splendid revival for the martially chieftess!

Easter EggQuest 2013 found

jeb

[img:8be40cb1fd]http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo147/jepaul42/kahvi2btrimmed.jpg[/img:8be40cb1fd]

Embala

jeb said

Great to see this scetch finally as ready picture. Still love the fondly designed details - and Kahvi's expression. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about this.

Sadachbia

[quote:3269e93a39="Leanan"]I really hope she's not dead...[/quote:3269e93a39]
If I disbelieve it hard enough, it's not true, right?

Do I need to clap my hands, too? I forget how this works”¦

joselle

Well, it's always been said with Kahvi that if you don't see a body...

...and we never saw one.

Maiken

I really hope she's not dead too. Unhappy

Sadachbia

[quote:00a3b3ce87="joselle"]Well, it's always been said with Kahvi that if you don't see a body...

...and we never saw one.[/quote:00a3b3ce87]

OMG. That's TRUE.

The braids Lehrigen had don't count, right?

Maiken

[quote:561053f58c="Sadachbia"][quote:561053f58c="joselle"]Well, it's always been said with Kahvi that if you don't see a body...

...and we never saw one.[/quote:561053f58c]

OMG. That's TRUE.

The braids Lehrigen had don't count, right?[/quote:561053f58c]

Perhaps Kahvi just wanted a new haircut, which made her cut the braids off, and then Lehrigen found them? 8)
... Or, perhaps this is just wishful thinking.

Sadachbia

[quote:a37779cc86]Perhaps Kahvi just wanted a new haircut, which made her cut the braids off, and then Lehrigen found them? 8)
... Or, perhaps this is just wishful thinking.[/quote:a37779cc86]

OOH! OOH! I know! Kahvi's like a gecko! She detached her braids and played dead, and Lehrigen ran off thinking he had killed her! xD

PCoquelin

Figure just ANYONE...

...may kill such a warrior !

jeb

More important than no body, no spirit in the palace. Surely she would make herself felt.

PCoquelin

However, I must admit...

...Lehrigen is just NOT "anyone" !

NightAngel

Does anyone knows how Petalwing names Kahvi?

Embala

Bigfoot Highthing ... Wolfrider Guide says so ...

The Lovemates :D

Easter eggQuest 2014 found

NightAngel

Icemoon

Surprised
I'm dreaming, or tyldak looks ... happy ?

Willowspring

Wow.... omg wow. look at them. they look so... free

Lupine

[quote:f2a498cc2a="Sadachbia"][quote:f2a498cc2a="joselle"]Well, it's always been said with Kahvi that if you don't see a body...

...and we never saw one.[/quote:f2a498cc2a]

OMG. That's TRUE.

The braids Lehrigen had don't count, right?[/quote:f2a498cc2a]

'Course not. That's just proof that he encountered her.

mournsong

Or her braids, anyway... :roll:

[Deleted User]

Kahvi and Tyldak make such a good couple- so I made a banner of 'em.

[img:371fe9cdcf]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h286/kerewin/ktbannercopy.jpg[/img:371fe9cdcf]

...and yeah, as [b:371fe9cdcf]joselle [/b:371fe9cdcf]pointe out, if we don't see the body... Wink

Minouche

Well, whether she died or not, she's been a great multi-dimensional character with a full scope of qualities and defects as well as a wide range of complex emotions. I've liked her even when I disliked her actions.

Dio

[quote:43176260c5="Minouche"] I've liked her even when I disliked her actions.[/quote:43176260c5]

I totally agree with You. She WAS a great and interesting character.
I didn't read the whole thread, but why does anyone suppose she might still be alive? I think Wendy made it very certain that she died in this thread: http://www.elfquest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3658

Quiver

Don't know if this has come up elsewhere but do we know who Kahvi's mother was? It's not in her bio and I've never heard a name, but then I haven't read through all of the Blood of Ten Chiefs comics. Does anyone know?

Embala

Quote:

Kahvi and Tyldak make such a good couple- so I made a banner of 'em.

I love this banner, Moonmoss - so glad I could "bring it back" to our eyes Happy

@ Quiver: She is very probably the daughter Of Two-Spear and his lifemate Willowgreen (look on DEQ - KAHVI)

There's a possibility/speculation that she might be the daughter of Willowgreen and Greywolf (look DEQ - TWO-SPEAR)
But Wendy had stated that she is Two-Spear's daughter.

Somewhere is/was a thread discussing the different opinions - maybe in the Comic Discussions of KAHVI or TWO-SPEAR.

Easter EggQuest 2012 found

Quiver

Thanks Embala!

Will add that to my genealogy.

Dio

And since she has witnessed Willowgreen never standing up to her lifemate she may not have had the closest relationship with her mother. That could be another reason why she doesn't have any high opinion of healers.

Quiver

[quote:b94e440dc3="Dio"]And since she has witnessed Willowgreen never standing up to her lifemate she may not have had the closest relationship with her mother. That could be another reason why she doesn't have any high opinion of healers.[/quote:b94e440dc3][size=12:b94e440dc3][/size:b94e440dc3]

Except Kahvi remembered nothing of her parents until she had that mind-expanding experience with the egg.

Embala

Good point, Quiver ... tho preferances and animosities can stick with you (or Kahvi in this case) without remembering the reason.

Quiver

You're right there Embala - and it's in Kahvi's character to dislike healers for what they represent compared to what she represents.

Embala

Kahvi within her tribe after a successful hunt - Go-Back centerfold

Easter EggQuest 2014 reserved for Crucent

Minouche

I likes Kahvi's look at the beginning better. Her body has become a little too "male-ish"

Trollbabe

(Spoilers for FQ Prologue)

We're getting a better idea of how Kahvi's death happened. Being alone probably had a lot to do with it.

lunakat

I love Kahvi in the Windkin flashbacks!

She has to make Tier before she dies- so she can't be completely alone the whole time...

Trollbabe

I'm still not clear on his age. I guess he's from one of Kahvi's lengthy jaunts.

Embala

And I still hope she will turn out NOT to be Teir's mother.

Two-Edge

Embala said

Kahvi within her tribe after a successful hunt - Go-Back centerfold

I like fierce women. Look at the game she's taking on.

lunakat

I always liked the GoBacks. They were underrated.

Embala

Looks like we will learn more about Kahvi's fate in TFQ.

And when Venka shows up - we know she will! - then we hopefully meet the Go-Backs, too.

How will they decide ... Abode and danger and death, as it is expected ... or - the Palace and new worlds and (possible) eternal life?

RedheadEmber

Guess I never realized how much she loved Tyldak...

Nydiwiel

Kahvi is one my all time favorite elf \o/ I always appreciated and felt a strong connection to her spirit and fierceness. She was the one I saw myself in.
To me her background story was the most interesting. Her childhood was so tragic and hard. Not to mention her own time-skip in the pool and becoming the leader of the Go-Backs. I somehow always wished and hoped that it had affected her somehow and I would not have to just wait to hear how/when/why she died. I want to see her get some fulfillment in her life. She is a chieftess after all and most of all, a quest-seeker.

Heather

I enjoy Kahvi as well. She may not be the nicest of individuals, but not only is it great to have a character with all the great attitude and depths that she has/had, but I love that she is a bad-ass.
I think we are still going to see more of her in the FQ but sadly, fulfillment in her life may not be what we envision. But maybe it will be for her.

Embala

Heather said: I think we are still going to see more of her in the FQ but sadly, fulfillment in her life may not be what we envision. But maybe it will be for her.
Well said! I share this hope and totally agree with the "fulfillment" part.

Easter EggQuest 2014 found

RedheadEmber

One of the Things I like about Kahvi is that even though it might seem like a Cold unfeeling person, she really isn't; she just shows her emotions in a different way from most people.

For example: Rayek got mad at her for not showing any emotions when her child "died", the thing is: the child didn't die!
If she had indeed lost the child then I'm pretty sure she would have grieved. After all; she grieved when Vaya died.

Heather

RedheadEmber said: she just shows her emotions in a different way from most people.

Exactly. And while she is colder than most, it's not because she doesn't have emotion. She is just very in control of hers and doesn't give into them. Her motives from most elves is different as well. While Cutter wants to protect his tribe, Kahvi wants to keep the Go-Backs numbers up yes, but that is so more of them can go into battle. Death is different for the Go-Backs. As we saw with Skot and Krim, to die in battle is a great honor. Kahvi works toward that with her people.

Crucent

RedheadEmber said:
For example: Rayek got mad at her for not showing any emotions when her child "died", the thing is: the child didn't die!

But how on earth (or abode) was he supposed to know that? she never even told him the truth. she let him think the baby died, with all the ensuing mayhem and havoc that followed.

RedheadEmber

That's the point.
He thought that she was being cold and unfeeling for not caring about the "dead" child.
We, the readers, knew that she really didn't have a reason to grieve because the child really wasn't dead.

Heather

RedheadEmber said: That's the point.
He thought that she was being cold and unfeeling for not caring about the "dead" child.
We, the readers, knew that she really didn't have a reason to grieve because the child really wasn't dead.

But don't forget, he easily thought this reaction was normal of her. So, she does have a history of being unemotional in front of others and not being (or appearing to be) as deeply affected by certain things. While I don't think Kahvi is heartless, I think her moral compass in comparison to other elves is quite different as are her attachments. But, that's another one of the reasons I love her. She is her own elf and you have to take her, or leave her for what she is. She changes for no one.

Nydiwiel

I guess this is a Scandinavian thing, but I get Kahvi as a person easily. To me she isn't bad or unfeeling. I always viewed that scene with Rayek/Kahvi that it was more Rayek who wronged because he just flew into a rage and attacked the Go-Backs. Losing a child is horrible, but the climate where the Go-Backs live isn't easy so they are used to infants dying. You don't really have the luxury of sitting on your ass wailing about it. In my mind if I compare that to the Sun Village, where they lived in safety I can understand how Rayek would see it as cold and uncaring. Go-Backs and Sun Villagers really are the most polar-opposites of all the elf-tribes after all.

Also it was a hard road to start liking Kahvi since her name means literally Coffee where I live. So yeah, I like Kahvi and I like coffee <3

MrsGrizzley

Someone needed to tell Rayek that Kahvi was a rotten actress. She couldn't pretend to emotions that she didn't feel but that she's not going to be broadcasting the emotions that she *does* feel.

That whole thing was just rotten from the beginning because any time someone lies about the existence of a child there's going to be tragedy of one form or another. I don't think that her interpretation of Rayek was wrong, but she denied him the chance to prove how much he could be changed by fatherhood.

Mostly because fatherhood was so unimportant to the Go-Backs, at least as a relationship based on a blood kinship. It's maternity that's known in their culture. Paternity... anyone's guess is as good as the next one unless there's a reason for it to be obvious.

Heather

Nydiwiel said: So yeah, I like Kahvi and I like coffee <3

And I like my coffee like I like my Kahvi, hot and strong!

RedheadEmber

Heather said: But don't forget, he easily thought this reaction was normal of her. So, she does have a history of being unemotional in front of others and not being (or appearing to be) as deeply affected by certain things. While I don't think Kahvi is heartless, I think her moral compass in comparison to other elves is quite different as are her attachments. But, that's another one of the reasons I love her. She is her own elf and you have to take her, or leave her for what she is. She changes for no one.

(Okay... I'll try to see if I can make sense this time...)

Kahvi feels, she just doesn't show her emotions in the way it seems to be the norm amongst elves (who generally are very open about how they are feeling.)

Rayek had a very good reason to think Kahvi was unfeeling for not caring about the "dead" child. According to his best knowledge the child was dead (and mind you; he grieved for the child, even though he at that time didn't even think the child was his). Also; there's a very good chance he never saw her cry for Vaya, it was probably just a few tears rolling Down her cheeks as she placed her daughter on the pile, then she dried her tears and danced; knowing that it was the way Vaya would have preferred

However, in the situation with the "dead" child, Kahvi really didn't have a reason to grieve because... you know: child not dead and all that.
So, Rayek had probably seen a lot of different situations in which Kahvi came of as cold and unfeeling, so when she didn't grieve for the child he drew the logical conclussion: She just doesn't care!
He couldn't know that this was the time she had no reasons whatsoever to grieve.

Thornbrake

Nydiwiel said: Also it was a hard road to start liking Kahvi since her name means literally Coffee where I live. So yeah, I like Kahvi and I like coffee <3

LOL I know, that must've been a hard one to get over!

Trollbabe

Spoiler for #4

Glad to see Kahvi made it to the Palace. I guess everyone knows about Krim now.

Tamarien ChangeStone

Because she is the lady of the hour ! Kahvi TearSheet

Tamarien ChangeStone

I found an Amazing Utube Tutorial on how to sculpt an Elsa pendant from Frozen. @ https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sugarcharmshop+elsa

Well I thought it would apply better to My favorite Snow Gal. "Winter Kahvi" done for the Quarterly Submission challenge over a ElfQuestFanArt.com. (Does EQ.com have a LINK to that site somewhere ?)

I had all the tools but the clay was very new to me. Glitter is hiding all of the bubbles and boils. Well - first try - what the heck. Wanted to share.

Delhya

That is Awesome!!! @TamarienChangeStone

Tamarien ChangeStone

Thank you DELHYA.

Awesome and three !!! Cool.

Thornbrake

That's awesome @Tamarien ChangeStone! That would make an amazing holiday ornament!

lunakat

I just want so bad for that to be a cookie

Thornbrake

lunakat said: I just want so bad for that to be a cookie

Hahahaha, I guess it does king of look like an elaborate cookie, @lunakat. But if it was, I couldn't bear to eat it. I still have the Bearclaw wolf-head necklace chocolates that @Heather sent me last year because I can't bring myself to eat them!

Heather

@Thornbrake I can make more!

Tavie

I'm in awe

Tamarien ChangeStone

Two awesome s and a cookie with an awe on top ! That and coffee makes for a perfect morning.

*raises her cup in salute* Thank you.

@lunakat - aren't there colored fondues or something ? Hhmm; possible.

Embala

This looks fantastic, Tamarien!
Kudos for the IIDEA. Bows to the marvellous performance. Awesome Kahvi ... perfect for Christmas!

Heather

Tamarien ChangeStone said: Because she is the lady of the hour !

So gorgeous! This as a fondant would be spectacular! (of course, it's spectacular the way it is too!)

RichardPini

@Tamarien - Awesome! B-)

Thornbrake

Heather said: I can make more!

Iol I know, but it's a psychological thing!

Tamarien ChangeStone

Hey EMBALA ! It is Your wonderful cyber- ornaments though out the years that have given everybody the idea that This pendant would make for a great tree decoration. It did turn out bigger than it was supposed too, I will grant, but that is just what happens to me always.

Thank you HEATHER for the kind words !

Alright RICHARD! Count, Count, three, three awesome s. And a "gorgeous"

COOLness !

@THORNBRAKE Does that mean you would not eat a Kahvi Cookie ?
I think there is Some psychological term for that ? *snicker* or *snickerdoodle* te-he.

. .

Tamarien ChangeStone

PS @ Thornbrake

My Patrick wants to know: Could you eat a gingerbread man ?

. .

(because our minds went there) Dr Seuss Asks;

Could you eat a Leetah ? Would you, could you eat a Cutter - Would you eat him in a tree, or on a wolf, or with a meme ? Would you eat a High One in a palace from a chalice. Could you , would you nibble Anyone ?

travelbug

I'm very impressed :) clay can be tricky to work with.

I think a Kahvi cookie would be to pretty to eat ;)

Embala

@TamarienChangeStone *chuckles* How about everyone as edible Christmas cookie pendants? ;)
SOMETIMES I'd wish to bite Kahvi's head off ^^ ... sometimes I list her among the rogues and villians.

And thanks, Tamarien ChangeStone *hugs*

RedheadEmber

Embala said: SOMETIMES I'd wish to bite Kahvi's head off ^^ ... sometimes I list her among the rougues and villians.

Sometimes I guess she is. She was definitely a villian towards the Sunfolk in HY2. But I think ultimately her heart is in the right place, she just doesn't really know how to show it.
One of my fave Kahvi quotes is this from NB12:

"This isn't why I came for the Little Palace. This isn't a 'raising up...' It's a fall...! A fall from whatever honor the Go-Backs had left! We don't know what to do anymore with good things... clean things...! But the Sunfolk seem to know...! Let them keep the Little Palace! Let them keep it... in peace!"

I think it shows that Deep inside she does want to do the right thing. She didn't go for the Little Palace to hurt the Sunfolk, or even to prove that she was a better chief than Zey, she went for it because she wanted the Go-Backs to have something. She was chief of a tribe who for a long time had been solely defined by their quest for the Palace, and suddenly it was gone, they were Go-Backs with nothing to go back to.

Embala

RedheadEmber said: She was chief of a tribe who for a long time had been solely defined by their quest for the Palace, and suddenly it was gone, they were Go-Backs with nothing to go back to.
Well said, Red! >:>

Night_Tanem

@Tamarien_ChangeStone That is just awesome :-O it's just :-O

lunakat

The fate of the Go Backs is pretty tragic- especially considering that they sacrificed the most to get the Palace back.

Thornbrake

Kahvi's character profile has been updated to reflect the events of Final Quest #5.

RedheadEmber

Just a thought sorta inspired by the "A daddy doesn't have to be biologically related to a child" discussion we're having over at Mantricker's thread. The relationship between Kahvi and Two-Spear was pretty much proof on the opposite; "Biological relations don't make you a daddy."
At the same time I can't help but thinking that if Kahvi was sired by Greywolf - personally I don't think so - and had been raised as his daughter instead of Two-Spear's then her life might've been one helluva lot easier. Suppose Willowgreen's motivations for lying to Two-Spear about who sired her child would be the Whole "My lifemate is kinda crazy and might hurt my child if he knows it isn't his." problem, but would he? What if he'd simply accepted that 'Recognition is Recognition' and left it at that? Would he've been so eager for Kahvi to prove herself as 'Blood of Chiefs' if he knew very well that she wasn't?

Bearclaw3

mE personally, I've always found ALL elf girls very beautiful, especially Wendi pini!

Bearclaw3

Richard, you are a very blessed artist!

RichardPini

Bearclaw3 said: Richard, you are a very blessed artist!

This I know - though full disclosure compels me to clarify that whatever artistic skills I possess lie more in the editorial realms of words and pictures. I can turn a fair phrase, but the beautiful artwork is all Wendy's.

Startear

Tamarien ChangeStone said: I found an Amazing Utube Tutorial on how to sculpt an Elsa pendant from Frozen. @ https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sugarcharmshop+elsa

Well I thought it would apply better to My favorite Snow Gal. "Winter Kahvi" done for the Quarterly Submission challenge over a ElfQuestFanArt.com. (Does EQ.com have a LINK to that site somewhere ?)

I had all the tools but the clay was very new to me. Glitter is hiding all of the bubbles and boils. Well - first try - what the heck. Wanted to share.

Oh, so that's how you made them! They are super neat!

RedheadEmber

Just something I realised:

If Kahvi turns out to actually have been Greywolf's daughter, then she's the cousin of Longbranch and One-Eye. Greywolf and Owl were brothers, and Longbranch and One-Eye were the sons of Owl. (at least as far as I know)

Thornbrake

Some interesting insight into our warrior chieftess from Wendy on Facebook:

I think what we can see from Kahvi's life is that she was always her own woman. She never wanted to be a hero or a role model. She just did what she thought best straight down the line. One can judge her as a villain or a good guy based on personal values. As for me, I've always loved the word "lawless." I use it often when describing a positive trait. Lawlessness leads to adventure, and if you're basically decent, you don't hurt anybody along the way. I think Kahvi was basically decent. She caused a lot of inconvenience in her super long lifetime but comparatively little hurt.

wingthing

Fairly certain Rayek would disagree with that. :|

Embala

I like to see Wendy's point of view on Kahvi ... I got the ambivalence of the character. "Lawlessness" is something to think about. Thanks for dropping the quote in her thread, Thornbreak.

And YES, she has hurt Rayek badly. May still count as "comparatively little" considered on how much damage she COULD has caused in her long life - little comfort for Rayek, tho.

RedheadEmber

Regarding the whole mess between Kahvi and Rayek (which you could argue is one of the messiest break-ups in the history of Elfquest) I'd say they were equally bad about it.
Yes, if was wrong of Kahvi to lie to Rayek about their child, especially because she ended up doing pretty much exactly what she feared Rayek might do; attempt to use Venka for her own ends. Sure, she sorta went back on it and just told Venka to teach Rayek a lesson.
However, Rayek did something pretty horribly when he destroyed the Lodge and chased the Go-Backs away as a reaction to Ekuar getting abducted. Overreacting much?
1: The Go-Backs where fighting to get Ekuar back, so it wasn't because they just didn't care about Ekuar.
2: I'd say Rayek was mistaking in calling Ekuar "frail". We're talking about the guy who suffered mutilation for several millenia at the hands of vicious troll, yet maintained a cheerful dispotion.

Startear

And the thing is... as far as Rayek knew, the child died. He was reacting at them loosing Ekuar, not the "kidnapping of Venka." Kahvi and the Go-Backs were not totally at fault for that, and he was in the wrong.

Back to Kahvi... and Final Quest spoilers...

I am still amazed at the scene where she and Teir meets. How she makes him angry enough to fight her, which manifests as fighting for air. And how she also makes him realize that he is never, ever, ever going to impress her. So not only does she save his life, she also makes him own his anger for the first time.

RedheadEmber

One thing I love about that scene is when she told Teir that "You didn't need it [her guidance] then, you don't need it now!"
Basically what she told him was "Stop thinking you're so damn weak and helpless. You're better than that, you're stronger than that."

Startear

Yeah!

NEXT PAGE