FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Moonshade

crescent1325

Loving and strong,
Silent and Caring...
Able to capture the personality of
her tribe in her playful stitching

this is one of many reasons i love Moonshade!

any pictures and poems and stuffs are welcome!!

Willowspring

plus she has one hell of a sexy lifemate....

crescent1325

Damn skippy!

dewshine_lover_1

Heres an old pic of a young moonshade i did..I will post a new one as soon as i have it drawn up! lol

crescent1325

thats so pretty!

joyleaf1

I love mooshade for so manny resions and here are just a few...for you.

I will add more tomarow. Wink

mooshade is beautiful and strong and so very sweet and loveing of her whole tribe.

Badger

Count me in to the fan-club! :D

ElfTanner

I am one of Moonshade's biggest fans. I am building a fan site for her. I will post a link as soon as it is finished. Shouldn't be long now. :D I call it T.E.A.M. - Moonshade. :D

crescent1325

oh i cant wait for that!...i love Moonshade. if i knew more about HTML i would be building a site too!...keep us updated!!

joyleaf1

thease are some of my favorit pictures of moonshade.
Moonshade is so sincer and cares deeply for her tribe mates, she has a special knowing of each elf in her tribe and brings her leather's to life with her guift. she is some one who is full of grace and beauty and helps keep the way alive along with her lifemate strongbow.

and i just love this picture of the both of them!!!

emerald

Another precious Moonshade (and Strongbow!) pic!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Willowspring

Quote:
emerald

Another precious Moonshade (and Strongbow!) pic!

That has to be the hottest pic i have ever since and its my favorite.

ElfTanner

Emerald - That is one of my most favorite pictures of Strongbow and Moonshade. If I wasn't afraid of needles I would get it tatooed on my back. That one or the one Crescent1325 put up in the first post. And I will definatly keep you all posted on my Moonshade site. Does anyone happen to know how to make wallpaper for the background of a web site? I would just love to have some to put up. I have now three sites and none of them have wallpaper. I need some elfquest wallpaper. :(

lilpunkin

Joyleaf,

the pages of Strongbow and Moonshade sending to Krim and Skot, what book is that from? *curious*

of Moonshade, she's starting to grow on me but I still wonder why she and Strongbow seem to be aloof from the tribe, despite their desire to keep "The Way" going for the Wolfriders.

Willowspring

Quote:
lilpunkin

Joyleaf,

the pages of Strongbow and Moonshade sending to Krim and Skot, what book is that from? *curious*

of Moonshade, she's starting to grow on me but I still wonder why she and Strongbow seem to be aloof from the tribe, despite their desire to keep "The Way" going for the Wolfriders.

um... its from Dreamtime. I think

crescent1325

Quote:
Willowspring

[quote:c1e58c5e7f="lilpunkin"]Joyleaf,

um... its from Dreamtime. I think[/quote:c1e58c5e7f]

yups its from dreamtime. Its when they just finish disciplining Skot and Krim for exposing themselves to the humans, and Skot gets bent out of shape about them being distant...typically not understanding Strongbow and Moonshades' personality

joyleaf1

Quote:
lilpunkin

Joyleaf,

yes willowspring is right it is from dreamtime part 8and it is in elfquest the metamorphosis/elfquest series comic book number 13....the comics that are 4.95 a peice. :D

strongbow and moonshade are quite ummm....not antisocial not at all they interact with the tribe and shair in every thing with there tribe they are just not to boystrus or loud like pike or hahaha ummm some of the others but they are in no way unaprochable...thoe they do come across that way sometimes......I love this couple very much and more so after this story becaus u get to see the softer/loveing side of them...not seen to often before.

crescent1325

@joyleaf...EXACTLY!...ya nailed it!

joyleaf1

:D :D *huggles*and *smiles, I love my tribe*!!

emerald

I just wanted to post some of my favorite pics of one of my favorite couples! Wink

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

crescent1325

awwwwwwwww...i love all this pictures!!!

crescent1325

with joselles premission...

ElfTanner

Strongbow and Moonshade are just lovely. Here are some of my favorite pictures (not including the ones above. I love those too.)
They haven't been parents in so long. I love the looks on their faces. and Dart finally gets to help rais a cub as well. The whole family is here.

Another one of them and their cub, this time Crescent. I colored it in.

Moonshade started teaching Tyleet at a young age.

Only Moonshade can calm him down that way. He is so in love with her.

In Sarrows End

crescent1325

[img:06b496b55f]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/MultiMedea/eqhighones8.jpg[/img:06b496b55f]

[color=indigo:06b496b55f]MultiMedea's take on them as highones...[/color:06b496b55f]

Willowspring

the wings... the wings... i think that she can pull them off... I love how multimedea did her as a highone... And i think that the silver and purple make her seem more more... highoneish...

crescent1325

[color=indigo:acbb67159e]i know..i love the butterfly look[/color:acbb67159e]

lunakat

Moonshade has always reminded me of a moth.. or an owl

joyleaf1

:D :D teeheheee, a moth or an owl...hummm intaresting thought. i just always thought she was beautiful andsareaine...forgive my spelling... :oops:

emerald

[color=blue:fcb1ce0584]The "Classic Moonshade" outfit was my favorite! I even wore it for Holloween once...but I don't have any pictures... :( [/color:fcb1ce0584]

joyleaf1

yeah id have to say that that is my fav. outfit of hers.....I have a thing for purple so her being in purple and haveing purple eyes always drew me to her. :D :D :D

krwordgazer

I agree, Joyleaf-- I don't see Strongbow and Moonshade being aloof from the tribe at all. They are fairly reserved personality-wise, they don't wear their hearts on their sleeves-- but they're in many ways the backbone of the tribe, together with Clearbrook and Treestump.

If you were a member of the Wolfrider tribe and needed help, you could unhesitatingly count on Strongbow and Moonshade. (You might get scolded afterwards, if you brought your trouble on yourself, but you'd get the help you needed first Wink ).

MultiMEDEA

Another contribultion for Moonshade. I think she's one of WP's most beautifully-designed characters.

krwordgazer

Beautiful doll, Medea!

I admire Moonshade. She's a strong woman lifemated to a strong man-- and she is very good at providing insight, wisdom or guidance to Strongbow without making him feel belittled. She is understanding, tactful, wise and compassionate.

Her weakness is a tendency to be rigid-- but given enough reason, she can bend when necessary.

She's a great character, and a classic beauty, too!

dewshine_lover_1

Here is a picture of Moonshade i drew..trying to take some frustration out of my life onto paper..enjoy.

[img:d363a6c00e]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/lilpeach192001/moonshade1.jpg[/img:d363a6c00e]

Windrider

[img:1fd31bd236]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/CWindrider/6de25ff2.jpg[/img:1fd31bd236]

Tifa

She's always the closest to the Way... But still, she can lose her vision too, in difficulties. Like when Ember left with half the tribe - Moonshade, but not Strongbow. Ember sure did have some problems then, with her elder.... Wink

crescent1325

[color=indigo:0ca9bee8cb]thats gorgous dewyand windrider!...thank you thank you thank you!!![/color:0ca9bee8cb]

innie

[quote:6275d903b9="Tifa"]She's always the closest to the Way... But still, she can lose her vision too, in difficulties. Like when Ember left with half the tribe - Moonshade, but not Strongbow. Ember sure did have some problems then, with her elder.... Wink[/quote:6275d903b9]

Yes, but in a way, it's normal that Moonshade had problems with Ember. She's many times her elder and she saw how Ember was totally clueless.
Ofcourse, she could have given Ember time, and in the end, she learned from Ember. But still...
It would have been weird if she was encouraging Ember right away. For the first time in centuries, she wasn't with Strongbow, which must have made her pissed off :)

Kitt

[color=green:02f6dbb225]Windrider, that pic is absolutely gorgeous! :D:D:D She looks very spirited! :o[/color:02f6dbb225]

Brightbrighter

Moonshade is more of a mature woman and I like that in her.

She will not put her own believes of right and wrong aside, and she won't follow anyone - not even Strongbow - blindly.
When she follows it's because she herself has decided to do so.

There's something sad about her and I like that too... pensiveness I've called it i a fanfic somewhere.

It's like she have seen... and knows... something that she cannot prevent but would if she could. As it is now, she accepts.

She's... adorable.

ElfTanner

It's Finished!! My Moonshade fan site is finally finished. :clap: You are all welcome to come and take a look. Please let me know what you think and if there is anything I am missing. If anyone has Moonshade poems or fanfiction and would like to put it up on my new site I would like that.
http://wylseyrn.tripod.com I call it T.E.A.M. - Moonshade.

crescent1325

[color=violet:360b829d1b]yeah! **does happy dance**[/color:360b829d1b]

Kitt

[color=green:127dab7111]Nice stuff! :D[/color:127dab7111]

Foxeye

WOOOHOOO!!

A bit of a small correct, ElfTanner...Crescent's wolf wasn't Farsong, it was Windchaser. :) Farsong was Windchaser's mother that was killed.

ElfTanner

OOps :oops: I knew that. I must have been thinking about the mother wolf when I typed that. I will fix it. Thanks for pointing that out. :D

ElfTanner

There I fixed it. I see people have visited the site, but only one person has signed the guestbook. Unhappy Unhappy Wink Wink

crescent1325

theres a guest book?? **scurries off to sign it**

joyleaf1

:thumbsup: good stuff there elftanner, i enjoyed the site and I hope u will add more art and stuff to it. great job!!! 8)

Foxeye

Yay, I've finally got a picture for the moonshade thread! Yet another illustration from my story. :P

joyleaf1

wow, thats just realy lovely ur amazeing!! :clap:

MultiMEDEA

It will be interesting to see it finished out. :D

Willowspring

wow... just wow... that is so awesome foxeye!!! you kick butt in the art department!!!

crescent1325

such a touching moment...lovingly captured as always foxy!

Willowspring

I think that this pic makes her much more... i dont know the word... But it makes you think of a pretty purple moth or butterfly. Grin
This outfit and Searcher and the sword outfit are my favorite of hers.

crescent1325

Hm....my favorite moonshade outfit would have to be, KotBW the one with the two moon pendent and this purple one...but the Kings one is better...

cactus

As I mentioned in the costume change thread: This one's definately my favourite :D

ulmtwen

This was mentioned before, but I wanted a corroborating pic. My favourite Moonshade outfit is the late KOBW (I think?) one, where she's got the double crescent necklace. Damn, that detatched shoulder décolleté is just too sexy...

crescent1325

Quote:
ulmtwen

yups...thats the one i like ulmtwen....its just too cute!

crescent1325

[img:4fe9fbc6b7]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c50/ElfTanner/knife2.jpg[/img:4fe9fbc6b7]

[color=indigo:4fe9fbc6b7]i just love her pretty purple eyes...[/color:4fe9fbc6b7]

Nowth

Absolutely, Cactus.

flamehair

Moonshade was always my favourite character - since I started to read elfquest at age 13. And now I'm 35 and she's still my fav character, beside strongbow of course Grin

crescent1325

[color=indigo:a6b8d9225d]Why is that flamehair. I mean, i can understand why she is still your favorite character for so long, but do you have any reasons?[/color:a6b8d9225d]

Nowth

As a character, she's sort of minor. Rather like Treestump. I don't see her going through a lot of psychological upheaval or anything; she doesn't have any brilliant insights or lovable quirks or self-quests of her own it seems. Curse all those boy-scout Cutters and pompous Rayeks getting in the way of the real main characters!

Yes, beautiful Moonshade has always been one of my favourite characters, and yes, it does have a lot to do with her looks. Just look at the pics Cactus and Foxeye posted! Comic books are a visual medium, after all. One I'm not going to buy anymore unless I like the art.

She's aptly named. Blueberries and moths - not orchids and silly butterflies. There's nothing tacky, garish or impractically glamourous about her... on the outside.

Perhaps she does get a bit of a secret kick out of being "the sensible one", the "devoted one", the "Waykeeping one".

Defined, every now and then, as her being "conservative". Not the most endearing quality to me, usually, but that's because this is Earth, not the woods Abode... Think about it: it means that she thinks her lifestyle is worth conserving. And don't we, the readers, enjoy observing that lifestyle - the "Way"? Maybe it's one of the big attractions of escapist literature: something unquestionably worth defending. Why not be conservative about it, then?

Oh, right. It's narrow-minded and ultimately insufficiently universal. No, I meant it; it didn't work out in the long run. But they did realise that and they did have to defend it because Wolfrider culture was designed to be "good", not a mistake.

("Being conservative." Or was it "being all woman"? Welly welly well! I think they meant "surrendering to the bliss of submission". That, at least, was the context. Say, is her chara biography in the English original of "The First 20 Years"? Would somebody mind quoting that to me?)

So there's this free-spirited culture where everyone jumps everyone else's bones - and it's biggest proponent is an utterly devoted monogamist hardliner.

I love it! It even makes sense. In a Way. She's free; she's a wolfrider, not Thkr'ek'hkk's'ht-fearing chattel. She's free to make no or little use of what only we with our cultural conditioning think of as libertarian. (Consider this: the insidiousness of anti-freedom lies not in not actually doing X, but in forcing everyone else to not do X either. Or, conversely: you're free to paint your walls all shades of garish six times a day, but you don't have to.

She's free to be devoted... or completely obsessed, whichever it really is. I'm not sure how Strongbow can stand it sometimes, but... oh, well. There're many things I'm not sure about regarding "Being Strongbow". Sometimes he's like Moonshade cranked up way beyond 100%. But he's also responsible for the bits in KOTBW that I found important, so I'll let that slip!

(Well, wasn't that an insightful post. *groan*. Sometimes just typing a lot seems to make up for having nothing to say!)

cactus

Hello Nowth :D .
Good to see you again.
*Hugs*
I've missed you and your posts (Hehe, especially the funny comments in the end Wink Grin ). And I think you described/analyzed her and her "way" very well. I havn't really though of it that way before (I don't think much really :roll: ), but I think you have a good point :D .

I'll check my "first 20.." I don't really remember what's in there.
( Surprised I'm becoming senile)

elizabethayres

crescent1325

[color=indigo:fda08af2dd]Ohhhhhhhh...so pretty!![/color:fda08af2dd]

krwordgazer

[quote:269b46ee3b]("Being conservative." Or was it "being all woman"? Welly welly well! I think they meant "surrendering to the bliss of submission". That, at least, was the context. Say, is her chara biography in the English original of "The First 20 Years"? Would somebody mind quoting that to me?) [/quote:269b46ee3b]

I'm not quite sure what you're referring to here, Nowth.

But I don't think the free-love thing is necessarily part of The Way. It's part of being an elf, certainly, but if anything, the other tribes are more that way than the Wolfriders, who, doing things as wolves do, seem to focus on lifemating more than the other tribes do.

I agree that it's nice that Moonshade doesn't impose her monogamy on others, but she also feels free to practice it. :)

But really, she does at times come across with that "my Way is the only way" attitude. Specifically when she tells Leetah how it was Leetah's duty to go with Cutter on his quest. But I think she's learned more tolerance for other ways of life since those early days.

Moonshade is a really interesting character. As Krim says, "That flowerlike face never fooled me. Hard as bright-metal, aren't you?"

I don't really think of Moonshade as being obsessively clingy with Strongbow, though. Look at the way she let him run off on his own to hunt for Lashpaw! I think it's just devotion-- and that he feels the same way towards her.

Nowth

[quote:d678ac0776="krwordgazer"][quote:d678ac0776]("Being conservative." Or was it "being all woman"? Welly welly well! I think they meant "surrendering to the bliss of submission". That, at least, was the context. Say, is her chara biography in the English original of "The First 20 Years"? Would somebody mind quoting that to me?) [/quote:d678ac0776]

I'm not quite sure what you're referring to here, Nowth.[/quote:d678ac0776]

I'm not quite sure why not :)

[quote:d678ac0776]But I don't think the free-love thing is necessarily part of The Way. It's part of being an elf, certainly, but if anything, the other tribes are more that way than the Wolfriders, who, doing things as wolves do, seem to focus on lifemating more than the other tribes do. [/quote:d678ac0776]

Yah... interesting. Then "standard" elves see relatively little need to lifemate? All the half-way intense couples I can think of are Wolfriders (- but I haven't been reading a lot of EQ lately.)

I don't see lifemating and "the free-love thing" as mutually exclusive, though; just think of Nightfall and Cutter. Or Kahvi and Cutter. Or Skywise and Cutter. (Huh. That Cutter. Tsk.) Leetah never had anything to fear from any of them.

[quote:d678ac0776]I don't really think of Moonshade as being obsessively clingy with Strongbow, though. Look at the way she let him run off on his own to hunt for Lashpaw! I think it's just devotion-- and that he feels the same way towards her.[/quote:d678ac0776]

Well - obsessive doesn't mean possessive...

She does kinda follow his lead, even if she thinks he is wrong. Or, as she'd put it: if they are wrong.

I don't actually mind that; although I'm not sure how well it'd work in the real world, I'll just assume that with Moonshade it's a healthy kind of devotion.

It's sweet. Even enviable.

From Strongbow's POV, though -- if I were in his place, it'd creep me out; I'd have to go woo Kahvi for a bit.

Then again, I might be exaggerating what's just one or two incidences.

ElfTanner

I wrote a story about Moonshade finding her Soulname. It was to long to post so I posted a link to it instead. It's on my Moonshade fan site for those who have not read it yet. There are a few other stories there as well.

http://wylseyrn.tripod.com/id10.html

Nowth

[quote:fc5f17922f="cactus"]Hello Nowth :D .
Good to see you again.
*Hugs*
I've missed you and your posts (Hehe, especially the funny comments in the end Wink Grin ). And I think you described/analyzed her and her "way" very well. I havn't really though of it that way before (I don't think much really :roll: ), but I think you have a good point :D .

I'll check my "first 20.." I don't really remember what's in there.
( Surprised I'm becoming senile)[/quote:fc5f17922f]

Thanks. *huggles*

I'm not going to be "really" back, I'm afraid. Just felt like talking about Moonshade, not a lot to say about EQ otherwise I suppose...

crescent1325

[quote:71b10c4dd8="ElfTanner"]I wrote a story about Moonshade finding her Soulname. It was to long to post so I posted a link to it instead. It's on my Moonshade fan site for those who have not read it yet. There are a few other stories there as well.

http://wylseyrn.tripod.com/id10.html[/quote:71b10c4dd8]

[color=indigo:71b10c4dd8]I read that story, Elftanner...its good.. i like how your wrote it. i think its a good POV, to see how she found her Soul name...now, if we could just see how she found Strongbow's soul name![/color:71b10c4dd8]

flamehair

@crescent
hmm, I don't know if I can explain it. First of all I think she's one of the most beautiful of the female elfes. As a child I always wanted to look like her. Then she's very devoted to her tribe and to her lifemate. She is the keeper of the way and I think she’s very wise. A silent one, but as we say here in switzerland "quiet waters are deep". And she has a great talent with her leathers. I think it's so great that she and strongbow now have a child again :D

I hope this makes some sense, english isn't my mother language Wink

crescent1325

[color=indigo:e36d6b6efb]are you shure english isnt your other language? you sem to type it better than i speak it at times.

And when i was a kid, i also wanted to look like moonshade...she was just soooo pretty![/color:e36d6b6efb]

krwordgazer

[quote:f7d0df2901="Nowth"] Yah... interesting. Then "standard" elves see relatively little need to lifemate? All the half-way intense couples I can think of are Wolfriders (- but I haven't been reading a lot of EQ lately.)

I don't see lifemating and "the free-love thing" as mutually exclusive, though; just think of Nightfall and Cutter. Or Kahvi and Cutter. Or Skywise and Cutter. (Huh. That Cutter. Tsk.) Leetah never had anything to fear from any of them.[/quote:f7d0df2901]

Well, Sun Villagers lifemate, and so do Wavedancers. But Go-Backs and Gliders just don't seem to at all. I think, really, it's related to each individual culture. And the Wolfriders do seem to be a culture that puts a lot of emphasis on lifemating, though they're not the only one. For the Wolfriders, I think it's related to their observations of wolf behavior, though of course their elfin nature is a factor, too-- as you said, most lifemates do share from time to time.

[quote:f7d0df2901]She does kinda follow his lead, even if she thinks he is wrong. Or, as she'd put it: if they are wrong.

I don't actually mind that; although I'm not sure how well it'd work in the real world, I'll just assume that with Moonshade it's a healthy kind of devotion.

It's sweet. Even enviable.

From Strongbow's POV, though -- if I were in his place, it'd creep me out; I'd have to go woo Kahvi for a bit.

Then again, I might be exaggerating what's just one or two incidences.[/quote:f7d0df2901]

Hmm. Moonshade certainly seems to follow Strongbow's lead, but I think it's just an individual dynamic of their relationship rather than a cultural thing. Nightfall and Redlance seem to have the opposite dynamic. I think Moonshade just prefers to be the supporter rather than the leader.

I assume you are referring above to the incident where she left Blue Mountain with him, then later asked him if "they" were wrong. Personally, I think she knew her lifemate and how to diplomatically handle the situation. What good would it have done to just let him leave alone? He would have felt even more misunderstood and sorry for himself, and he would have had no one to convince him he was in error. By going with him, and then identifying herself with his decision, she took the sting out of her words so that he could listen. And it worked!

There are ways to deal with someone like Strongbow, and ways not to deal with him. Moonshade knows her lifemate.

I do find myself wondering, though, what might happen if an incident ever arose where Moonshade felt it necessary to actually oppose him. Hmm. Might make an interesting fanfic. . .

ElfTanner

That is going to be the nest story I put up Crescent1325. I wrote one about them recognizing along time ago. I just have to find it.

crescent1325

[color=indigo:8c373c9800]Cool cant wait till you post it...maybe you should find it quickly so you can post it in the the [i:8c373c9800]june monthly theme[/i:8c373c9800] thread..hehehehehe...lol........jk[/color:8c373c9800]

krwordgazer

Hmm. I've been toying with the idea of doing Strongbow and Moonshade's third Recognition and the birth of Chitter for the June monthly theme. Which of their Recognitions did you write about, ElfTanner?

(PS. I just read your Moonshade story and found it very enjoyable and well written. :) )

crescent1325

[color=indigo:dc15f7d790]k ...this is my moonshade sketch..its my first free hand it probally woulda looked better if i scanned it in..but i dont have one..soooo.......im kinda embarrased..**go and hides in hole**

[/color:dc15f7d790][img:dc15f7d790]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h265/crescent1325/edit.jpg[/img:dc15f7d790]

CrescentElf

Awww its adorable ^_^

Nowth

[quote:98b873bf36="krwordgazer"]And the Wolfriders do seem to be a culture that puts a lot of emphasis on lifemating, though they're not the only one. For the Wolfriders, I think it's related to their observations of wolf behavior, though of course their elfin nature is a factor, too-- as you said, most lifemates do share from time to time. [/quote:98b873bf36]
Wolfrider couples seem a lot more affectionate, seem to need each other a lot more than non-Wolfrider couples, by and large. Maybe it's the dangerous lifestyle, compared to Sunfolk.

[quote:98b873bf36]Hmm. Moonshade certainly seems to follow Strongbow's lead, but I think it's just an individual dynamic of their relationship rather than a cultural thing. Nightfall and Redlance seem to have the opposite dynamic. [/quote:98b873bf36]

It's the same dynamic, I think. There doesn't seem to be any kind of gender-based power exchange going on usually, She-Softness (tm) notwithstanding. - Secondary literature and internet postings sometimes suggest as much, though: R & N are the progressive, exceptional couple; M & S the traditional, even "natural" one. Nightfall is surprisingly "yang" for a sexy female and Moonshade's devotion is proof of her being "all woman". It's not entirely clear to me whether that's supposed to be "universal" or an Abodean thing.

[quote:98b873bf36]I think Moonshade just prefers to be the supporter rather than the leader.[/quote:98b873bf36]

And why shouldn't she.

[quote:98b873bf36]There are ways to deal with someone like Strongbow, and ways not to deal with him. Moonshade knows her lifemate.[/quote:98b873bf36]

I have this feeling that there's more to it than just "dealing" with Strongbow, and more than an unwillingness to take the lead.

She and Strongbow are the quintessential recognised lifemates, united in Wolfrider utter certainty. And they both value the security of knowing their place in the world and their tribe. Why, then, shouldn't this apply to their respective places in their own little tribe-of-two?

Compare their "Dreamtime" to the others'. There're no Rayeks, Kahvis, humans, Two-Edges; just them, and their children. They're flowers on the tree of life, not its gardeners.(*)

Now... I don't mean that she'll actually agree with everything he says - just that there's more to it than humouring him or sparing him or managing his emotions for him. Something tranquil and almost spiritual.

That's speculation, of course. I didn't feel like writing "maybe" and "perhaps" and going crazy with the conjunctive. Maybe I'm just regressing into good little wife clichés, and she's really just humouring his moods.

(*do I win a dunce cap for that?)

[quote:98b873bf36]I do find myself wondering, though, what might happen if an incident ever arose where Moonshade felt it necessary to actually oppose him. Hmm. Might make an interesting fanfic. . .[/quote:98b873bf36]

How did they hook up anyhow?

flamehair

[quote:739574b28f="crescent1325"][color=indigo:739574b28f]are you shure english isnt your other language? you sem to type it better than i speak it at times.

And when i was a kid, i also wanted to look like moonshade...she was just soooo pretty![/color:739574b28f][/quote:739574b28f]

Grin Thank you very much for your compliment. But alas it really isn't my motherlanguage. But I like it a lot and read a lot in english - espacially fanfiction Wink

@Nowth
your sentence "They're flowers on the tree of life, not its gardeners.(*)
" - soooo wonderful

krwordgazer

[quote:32a5c4cb35="Nowth"] I have this feeling that there's more to it than just "dealing" with Strongbow, and more than an unwillingness to take the lead.

She and Strongbow are the quintessential recognised lifemates, united in Wolfrider utter certainty. And they both value the security of knowing their place in the world and their tribe. Why, then, shouldn't this apply to their respective places in their own little tribe-of-two?

Compare their "Dreamtime" to the others'. There're no Rayeks, Kahvis, humans, Two-Edges; just them, and their children. They're flowers on the tree of life, not its gardeners.(*)

Now... I don't mean that she'll actually agree with everything he says - just that there's more to it than humouring him or sparing him or managing his emotions for him. Something tranquil and almost spiritual.

That's speculation, of course. I didn't feel like writing "maybe" and "perhaps" and going crazy with the conjunctive. Maybe I'm just regressing into good little wife clichés, and she's really just humouring his moods.

(*do I win a dunce cap for that?)

[quote:32a5c4cb35]I do find myself wondering, though, what might happen if an incident ever arose where Moonshade felt it necessary to actually oppose him. Hmm. Might make an interesting fanfic. . .[/quote:32a5c4cb35]

How did they hook up anyhow?[/quote:32a5c4cb35]

You know, Nowth, I think you've hit the nail on the head. It is more than just humoring him or sparing him, etc. And no, she's not just the "good little wife," deferring to him. Any ideas like that, as you said, are imposed from the outside by the readers, never intended by the authors or even imagined by the characters! (So you can wear the dunce cap, but I'll decorate it with stars! Grin )

Strongbow and Moonshade have a true bond. They seem to feel one another's needs and respond to them accordingly. It is, as you say, tranquil, spiritual-- not even something they need to work at. Among humans, a good marriage can work something like this, only not so perfectly. (And, of course, we have to deal with all the gender-role ideas imposed on us by our societies, which Strongbow and Moonshade get to avoid completely). Lucky them!

As for how they hooked up-- all we've ever gotten to see in the canon (during the Ember stories) is a tranquil scene where Strongbow and Moonshade are together doing something quite ordinary and peaceful-- and their eyes meet. Not exactly the sort of turbulent Recognitions we've seen with many of the other characters!

crescent1325

[img:384a716a18]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/lilpeach192001/bcplaying.jpg[/img:384a716a18]

[color=indigo:384a716a18]Done by Dewshine_Lover. An intresting pic. I took it as What if Moonshade was actually the Half Sister of Bearclaw...
(you know, a child of Brightwater and Mantricker). But its still lovely!![/color:384a716a18]

Nowth

Aww. Thank you, 'Gazer. And you, Flamehair.

crescent1325

i always wanted to see this image in color, and i found it on the Requested Pic thread...awww...the family reunited! **SQUEE!!!**

krwordgazer

Those color images are just lovely, Crescent. Thanks so much!

crescent1325

welkies, you know me...anything for the tanner and archer!!

krwordgazer

Then I think you're going to LOVE the story I'm preparing for the June monthly theme! :D

crescent1325

Yeah!...speaking of which..i need to get my tail in gear, and start writing mine!

valkerie

Well I was asked to post My MerMoonshade Picture by Cresent1325, So here it is I hope that you all like it

crescent1325

:clap:

crescent1325

bump

Kitt

...what was that, Cres? :P

crescent1325

lol...just a little bump cuz i notice moonshade getting neglected :(

crescent1325

[color=indigo:c28db92873]Here is Moonshade and Crescent, curtiosy of Foxy![/color:c28db92873]

[img:c28db92873]http://www.eqcrescent.com/fanfic/images/ripples_ms_cr_leathers.jpg[/img:c28db92873]

Gazelle

O.o, lovely!

Here is modern Moonshade!

jadengems

Foxy, that is just gorgeous.

*sniffles* I miss Crescent.

~Gem

nevaratoiel

Quote:
Gazelle

Wonderful! Where did you make it?

undomiel

Quick question.....

How exactly is her soulname pronounced? Like "urn," or more like the name "Erin"? I've tended towards the latter, but I'm not sure.

Nowth

Airn? Like air ...n?

NEXT PAGE