ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Moonshade

undomiel

[quote:b46e09a387]Airn? Like air ...n?[/quote:b46e09a387]

That coulld be right. I really don't know! The only reason I pronounce it like Erin is because that's my sister's name, and I guess naturally go towards that.

crescent1325

you know, ive always been pronouncing it like 'URN' .

I was under the impression that the wolfriders soul names are one syllble sound cocepts. So Erin is two syllables. ...lol..just my weird train of thougt....lol...

undomiel

[quote:889e7f9a9a]I was under the impression that the wolfriders soul names are one syllble sound cocepts. So Erin is two syllables. ...lol..just my weird train of thougt....lol...[/quote:889e7f9a9a]

Still, that kinda makes sense when you consider the other Wolfriders' names.....Tam, Fahr, Wyl, Sur, etc.....so perhaps you're right - maybe it is pronounced "urn."

crescent1325

Quote:
nevaratoiel

[quote:19c5e63ec0="Gazelle"]

Wonderful! Where did you make it?[/quote:19c5e63ec0]

www.tektek.org this is were Zelle makes all her cute lil dollies

(thanks to Manga for showing it to us and making us Tek Tek craaaazy! lol)

Quote:
undomiel

[quote:19c5e63ec0]I was under the impression that the wolfriders soul names are one syllble sound cocepts. So Erin is two syllables. ...lol..just my weird train of thougt....lol...

Still, that kinda makes sense when you consider the other Wolfriders' names.....Tam, Fahr, Wyl, Sur, etc.....so perhaps you're right - maybe it is pronounced "urn."[/quote:19c5e63ec0]

Yeah it does doesnt it. But 'Erin' is nice. **Bright idea** im so gonna name a girl of mine Eryn now (nice name, uniqueness and tied to EQ)

Foxeye

I'm with nowth on this one..."airn" is how I have thought of it.

(And in case you weren't mispelling it on purpose cres, Moonshade's soulname is "eyrn" not "eryn". ^_^ Though eryn does make for a better name for a kid...people would always mix up the letters and call her eryn even if you meant eyrn.)

crescent1325

LOL. good point Foxy. lol... but either way is a nice way..lol.

Eyrn or Eryn? either way....lol..nice name on a kid....

Next step would be me actually nameing a kid Crescent, which i must confess, ive wanted to since i was in highschool! :oops:

Songflower

I think I remember Richard saying it's pronounced like "Iron." IMHO, Moonshade's and Strongbow's soul names are kind of a little joke Elfmom and Elfpop must have been having.

Iron will!

(Bearclaw's and Joyleaf's go together, too, I think. Grenn and Dehl, "Grendel," the monster. Guess Cutter's the monster! LOL.)

crescent1325

[quote:a06b0efb04="RichardPini"]The pronunciation is halfway between "air-n" and "iron" - there's no way to indicate that with only letters so you just have to try saying it out loud until you think you've got it.[/quote:a06b0efb04]

[color=indigo:a06b0efb04]Well thats what elfpop had to day on the matter. Still, since i suck at figureing out how to actually Pronounce words, "Erran" is what im getting lol..[/color:a06b0efb04]

Kitt

[color=green:c56a6d75fb][b:c56a6d75fb]HAHA!! [/b:c56a6d75fb] I was talking to Elfdad recently, and he said try to think of her soulname the way you think of a race track. The sound the car makes when it speeds by...

....eeeeeeeeeyyyyrrrnnnn [/color:c56a6d75fb]

:P

emerald

[color=#00bfbf:46cb778542]Kitt what were you asking him? Wink I wanna know![/color:46cb778542]

Kitt

[color=green:bc4c8d5159]No, I remembered this question of the pronunciation of Moonshade's soulname. I asked him about hers and Strongbow's. He said that Strongbow is pronounced Will and Moonshade's was like EEEEEEEEYYYYRRNNN! :P[/color:bc4c8d5159]

emerald

[color=#00bfbf:32aade6fc6]So it's not pronounced "Iron"?[/color:32aade6fc6]

Kitt

[color=green:3a75e9f7d1]No, I'm afraid that's a negative :([/color:3a75e9f7d1]

cactus

Hahaha, now I'll giggle every time I read Dreamtime Grin . I just imagine the sounds kids make when they play with cars Surprised .
øøøøøørrrrrrrnnn Grin Grin

Kitt

[img:be21e8cc29]http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/frech/c050.gif[/img:be21e8cc29]

Willowspring

[quote:0903d468f2="Kitt"][img:0903d468f2]http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/frech/c050.gif[/img:0903d468f2][/quote:0903d468f2]

*laughs* thats cute.

i had pronounced her soulname iron... well, now i can say it correctly

Nowth

Quote:
krwordgazer

[quote:c5d0fc8281]She does kinda follow his lead, even if she thinks he is wrong. Or, as she'd put it: if they are wrong.

I don't actually mind that; although I'm not sure how well it'd work in the real world, I'll just assume that with Moonshade it's a healthy kind of devotion.

It's sweet. Even enviable.

From Strongbow's POV, though -- if I were in his place, it'd creep me out; I'd have to go woo Kahvi for a bit.

Then again, I might be exaggerating what's just one or two incidences.

Hmm. Moonshade certainly seems to follow Strongbow's lead, but I think it's just an individual dynamic of their relationship rather than a cultural thing. [/quote:c5d0fc8281]

Not to dig this up needlessly but I think I found what might have been the original source behind my impressions, by way of paraphrases, translations and hazy memories:

"Her mind is set on certain 'oughts' and 'givens,' which leaves her free to concentrate on her work. Watch out, women's libbers! Moonshade gladly defers to Strongbow on most issues and usually sticks up for her lifemate, even when he's wrong. As far as she's concerned, that's part of 'The Way.'"

(Elfquest.com character bio, now replaced... it might have come from the Gatherum, I don't know.)

I don't know if this brings anything new to the table, but at least I wasn't making it up entirely.

manalatawen

hi people!
what do you think would happen to moonshade if strongbow reconized some other elf girl??? :?:

nevaratoiel

Quote:
manalatawen

hi people!
what do you think would happen to moonshade if strongbow reconized some other elf girl??? :?:

Honestly, I wouldn't like that ONE bit! Moonshade and Strongbow are lifemates forever. Besides, I wouldn't know one other elf that can handle our dear, stubborn archer. :)

Minouche

Quote:
manalatawen

hi people!

I think they both would be extremely unhappy. Kind of like Raisong or Woodlock recognizing someone else. Those are the kind of characters that really form the two parts of a whole unit.

emerald

Moonshade looks so pretty there! :P

crescent1325

:heart: Yes she is! i love it that she is in color!

Quote:
muriel

[quote:b066002ead="manalatawen"]hi people!

I think they both would be extremely unhappy. Kind of like Raisong or Woodlock recognizing someone else. Those are the kind of characters that really form the two parts of a whole unit.[/quote:b066002ead]

Nah, i dont think they would be extremely unhappy. I think because they are closest to The Way, the would be happy. Because Recognition means new life and it is The Way. Maybe they would even open up to a threemate if that ever happens.

ReenBladesong

Strongbow looks like he's had one too many. :cheers:

Seastorm

This is one of my all time favorite pictures of moonshade. I'm not really sure why, but here it is... enjoy!! :D

Willowspring

god... that reminds me of my mother when she's totally mad at me! Grin

Elsa

Quote:
Reen Bladesong

Strongbow looks like he's had one too many.

Especially when you realise where he's looking!

Down, boy! Grin

Kitt

[size=18:ae55fcd48a][color=red:ae55fcd48a]BWAHAHA!! [/color:ae55fcd48a]:roflmao:[/size:ae55fcd48a]

Songflower

Seastorm, where the heck is that Moonshade pic from??? I don't recognize it at all!

Thanks!

crescent1325

[color=indigo:0f8ad28d3e]its from the story where it explains how Skywise and Cutter become soulbrothers. In the RC its "In all But Blood"[/color:0f8ad28d3e]

Songflower

Oh! That was quick! Thanks.

"Troll Games and Soul Names." That explains it. I do not really like that story and have only read it once or twice.

ReenBladesong

Yeah, I've heard a lot of bad press for that story and its inconsistancies and plot holes, but you have to admit Sonnys a great artist.Possibly one of the best since Wendy.

crescent1325

[color=indigo:10ee69a984]i read it, i didnt see that at all. What is this Plot holes and Inconsistancies you speak of Reen?

Yah and Sonny is one of the Best that Elfma and Pa had on board with them, IMHO.[/color:10ee69a984]

ReenBladesong

Troll paper.
Or have I been listening to the ever cynical(yet witty)Wingthing too much?
Probably the latter.She puts up a good arguement.

crescent1325

[color=indigo:c0a6682983]oh yeah, that whole arguement! lol...

I tend to just gloss over that part... Grin [/color:c0a6682983]

Songflower

That's true...Sonny's really good! I do like his art. That is a very nice Moonshade. Thanks for posting it!

Gazelle

[quote:3dcd68906f="Seastorm"]This is one of my all time favorite pictures of moonshade. I'm not really sure why, but here it is... enjoy!! :D
[img:3dcd68906f]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j79/Seastorm2003/img001.jpg[/img:3dcd68906f][/quote:3dcd68906f]

She looks very busty in that pic. Like Leetah.

ElfTanner

Quote:
Kitt

No, I remembered this question of the pronunciation of Moonshade's soulname. I asked him about hers and Strongbow's. He said that Strongbow is pronounced Will and Moonshade's was like EEEEEEEEYYYYRRNNN! :P

I always pronounced it like yearn (if I spelt that right) like you are Yearning for something. I think it is pretty much the same as that ^
And you know, the soulnames always end up sounding like something that describes them.

Fahr - as in far away
Wyl - as in will power
Tam - as in, well, can't figure that one...
Ulm - as in Elm tree
Twen - reminds me of a sound an arrow would make
Sur - as in a Sir Knight
Dehl - as in a glade or hill and dale
Grenn - as in the grrrr of a wolf, or the grin of a mischivous wolf
Dyrr - can't figure that one either
Lree - the sound a bird makes, she imitates birds
Jial - as in jail (at least to me) he is quite controling
Sohn - a soft sound, but can't figure out what it might mean

I have a whole list of others but I think I made my point.....

crescent1325

Like your threory Elftanner. :D But, i actually talked to Richard and this is what he said:

Quote:
Crescent1325

[quote:4a003205ca="RichardPini"]
The pronunciation is halfway between "air-n" and "iron" - there's no way to indicate that with only letters so you just have to try saying it out loud until you think you've got it

Well thats what elfpop had to day on the matter. Still, since i suck at figureing out how to actually Pronounce words, "Erran" is what im getting lol..[/quote:4a003205ca]

Which Kitt replyed....

Quote:
Kitt

HAHA!! I was talking to Elfdad recently, and he said try to think of her soulname the way you think of a race track. The sound the car makes when it speeds by...

....eeeeeeeeeyyyyrrrnnnn

LOL...

Nightsea

Of course I can't compete with Wendy's image from the Lovemates
Calendar...but I messed around a bit and created this:

[img:04f1bcbdc9]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/Night_sea/thestarcousinsagain.jpg[/img:04f1bcbdc9]

(Also posted it in the Strongbow thread.)

Sparkles in the Grass,
--Nightsea

Tynami

Great Moonshade :) I can't help it, I love her! I just posted a bunch of Moonshade dollz in the fanart section. I hope to make more of her.

krwordgazer

New Strongbow & Moonshade fanfic:

Archer's Return

dewshine_lover_1

Here is a little christmas moonshade that i drew awhile ago, but couldnt get on til now.

nevaratoiel

Very nice, only I think it looks more like Nightfall... :oops:

Nightsea

I think your two Christmas elves are cool. (This one and the
Nightfall one--I dig the bells on Nightfall's costume!)

Hurray for posting out of season...

Yes, I know it is odd to have pink flowers (in Moonshade's hair)
and fall leaves...but oh well.
--Nightsea

Tynami

I love all these new Moonshade works! :)

nevaratoiel

Posted this in my art thread. My Moonshade-y drawing. :)

Silverthorn

I like Moonshade too, her strong personality, and her name is beautiful too.
So here is my little contribution, in honour of Moonshade :

Argh, she ALWAYS looks sad when I draw her..

Treefox

Oh wow! She looks so sad and beautiful. Love that eye color.

Badger

Sad. Sad, maybe, but still lovely.

:love:

krwordgazer

Pretty, pretty! Good job, all of you!

I think Moonshade is the loveliest of all the EQ females. :D

Minouche

I agree with Badger. Maybe she is just sad because you forgot to draw her lifemate by her side? (Hint, hint, hint Wink )

Silverthorn

[quote:5b62f640bb]Maybe she is just sad because you forgot to draw her lifemate by her side? (Hint, hint, hint Wink )[/quote:5b62f640bb]

Maybe :D That's an idea for a next drawing ! (but I will draw yours first Wink )

Minouche

Quote:
Silverthorn

[quote:c3f4c0b175]Maybe she is just sad because you forgot to draw her lifemate by her side? (Hint, hint, hint Wink )

Maybe :D That's an idea for a next drawing ! (but I will draw yours first Wink )[/quote:c3f4c0b175]
:D :clap: :clap: :hug: Silverthorn :hug: :clap: :clap: :love:

Nightsea

Silverthorn's Moonshade is lovely!

And nevaratoiel's image captures Moonshade's full
hairstyle well.

Enjoy the moonlight,
--Nightsea

Siwan

Quote:
Silverthorn

I like Moonshade too, her strong personality, and her name is beautiful too.
So here is my little contribution, in honour of Moonshade :

Argh, she ALWAYS looks sad when I draw her..

Surprised
:love: so beautiful :love:

Nightsea

Quote:
krwordgazer

I think Moonshade is the loveliest of all the EQ females.

To thank you for the nice comment in the Ember thread...
I made you this...

:D
--Nightsea

krwordgazer

Ooh, pretty. . .

Thanks! :D

Black_Elf

i like moonshade because she is so mysterious...and calm...love it :bow:

Nowth

Quote:
Kitt

HAHA!! I was talking to Elfdad recently, and he said try to think of her soulname the way you think of a race track. The sound the car makes when it speeds by...

....eeeeeeeeeyyyyrrrnnnn

Pronunciation guide!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywqu_8RIDvU

Minouche

Quote:
Kitt

....eeeeeeeeeyyyyrrrnnnn

I don't know about you, but I yeeeeeeeeeearrrnnnn for something easier to pronounce like, who knows...hfgsjkl?

Faerie_Speak

Ah! Moonshade!

...I've got such a crush on her... -_-'

Seriously though, good job Silverthorn and Nightsea! *thumbs up!* I like your art, it's really nice. Such flowing lines!

Nightsea

--Nightsea

2passions

I sketched Moonshade too:

joyleaf1

lovely!!!! :D work.

2passions

thanks JoyleafGrin

Embala

Icemoon's favorite Lovemates

Icemoon

yaaaaaaaaaay !!!
thankiiies embala to had think t of me !!!!!!!!!

that picture is so splendid !

**she deturns her eyes to let those lovemates have a little bit of privacy**

jeb

Oh sure, [i:4e0bd76a87]now[/i:4e0bd76a87] Strongbow wears pants! And that moss looks like it would be a little...bothersome! Grin

Vang

[quote:11e24fabf1="jeb"]Oh sure, [i:11e24fabf1]now[/i:11e24fabf1] Strongbow wears pants![/quote:11e24fabf1]
Haha! So I am not the only one who thinks that way? :D

Willowspring

oh thats fine... pants during the time the sexy only shirt would be great

joyleaf1

well I just could not take it any longer miss Icemoon has done a lovely Moonshade as a highone and It needs to be in here :D :D :D

This is moonshade as a highone "what if" :D :D By Icemoon.

[img:a7397b95f4]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d36/joyleaf/joyleafs%20pictures/moonshadehighone.jpg[/img:a7397b95f4]

is it not just so so so lovely!!!!

Embala

You have done right - it's a win for this thread :D

joyleaf1

:D Wink thank you Wink

Embala

I'll follow suit: [url=http://elfquest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5730&start=0]Icemoon's art[/url] - played with it by permission :D

Icemoon

:oops:
like you like it so much ...

Nightsea

--Nightsea

Embala

:D I remember her - shiny look!

Willowspring

she is sooo pretty...

Icemoon

absolutly !*

and a new what-if ...
By Joyleaf's request:

and another one, from my portrait serie

Embala

Your Moonshade portrait is wonderful. She's so lovely.

The What-If doesn't work :( ... it's a pity for it's great - REALLY Grin

Icemoon

lol !

grrr ... stupid computer !

Embala

I havn't promised too much, right? Wink

joyleaf1

[quote:787aff5310="Icemoon"]lol !

grrr ... stupid computer !

[/quote:787aff5310]

wow that is way cuter then I immagianed it could have been finished.
Icemoon you have a lovely style for moonshade!!!!your a doll!!! Surprised :D Surprised :D Surprised :D

Nightsea

This is a test to see if I can indeed link to an image that I put in a photo gallery
here. If I can't link to it, check out the new Group for Elfquest Art to see the
Moonshade picture I doodled:

Ayooah,
--Nightsea

WolfMoonSky

Wow she looks awsome Nightsea!!!Grin

Embala

She looks mischievous!

(must figure out this linking)

Easter EggQuest 2012 found

Thornbrake

Some of my fanart or Moonshade from when I was a kid. Enjoy!

From 1988:

From 1994:

WolfMoonSky

Thornbrake!! I love your drawings, she looks beautiful!

Siwanll

I drew her along with Kahvi and Leetah when I still had my tablet ^^
She'll always look as gorgeous Tongue

Embala

I like how Moonshade's portait turned out - delicate skin, silky locks and bright moonshaped eyes. She shows your great developement, Thornbrake. And I really love to see it made by color pencils.

Still like your trio, Siwan Smile

Easter EggQuest 2013 reserved for Moonmoss

ElfTanner

Quote:

It's Finished!! My Moonshade fan site is finally finished. Clap You are all welcome to come and take a look. Please let me know what you think and if there is anything I am missing. If anyone has Moonshade poems or fanfiction and would like to put it up on my new site I would like that.

http://wylseyrn.tripod.com I call it T.E.A.M. - Moonshade.

I finally have a banner for this site.

faeriegirl

ElfTanner, there's at least one short story about Moonshade in my writings thread. Feel free to put it on your site with credits etc Smile

WolfMoonSky

Awesome moonshade banners, ElfTanner!!Smile

ElfTanner

Thank you faeriegirl, I will look for it. And thanks WolfMoonSky, I am very happy with them.

TheFontBandit

Hello all! *waves* I have a question that has been driving me bonkers, and I think if anyone can help me, it's those of you in this thread. I am currently working on a Moonshade costume. It'll be her black-and-red version that she started wearing during KotBW.

While looking for reference photos, I came across this panel online:

For the life of me, I can't remember which issue or series this is from. I can even remember the scene - she's trimming down the dress that Leetah received when she fell through the humans' roof in Kings. I've been hunting through my old back issues and the EQ Online comics, but I can't seem to figure out where that scene took place (it may have been a flashback later?)

Sooo... would anyone be able to point me in the right direction, perhaps? I'd be quite grateful, as this has been bugging me! =P Also, that is the specific "version" of the outfit I'd like to recreate... some other versions have the upper part in all-black or all-red, and the belt seems to disappear and reappear... so the more references I can get of that specific outfit, the better!

Vojira

Picture is from Dreamtime.
http://www.elfquest.com/comic_viewer.php?fd=/gallery/OnlineComics/DTC/_ElfQuest%20-%20Dreamtime%20in%20color_page=1#_1

Embala

To be exact: from the European colored version of Dreamtime.

And they most probably have forgotten to color her leggins - that's why she has bare legs. Wink

TheFontBandit

A-ha! That's what was throwing me off. My versions of the Dreamstime issues are in black and white, so I didn't even think to check them. The "peach leggings" should have been a hint! =P I do plan on doing the gray leggings... I was using HY 1 as my original frame of reference but there are only a couple of good images of the outfit in that issue, and she's missing the belt in that one.

Thank you so much! Smile I'll be sure to post images of the costume when it's done... right now I'm only in the early planning/material gathering stages. I'll be wearing it this September.

Embala

Really hope to see the finished costume!

Easter EggQuest 2012 reserved for Moonmoss found

Embala

Hoped this hunt would bring some more prey ...

Quote:

Quote:

Of course I can't compete with Wendy's image from the Lovemates
Calendar...but I messed around a bit and created this:

(Also posted it in the Strongbow thread.)

Sparkles in the Grass,
--Nightsea

Quote:

well I just could not take it any longer miss Icemoon has done a lovely Moonshade as a highone and It needs to be in here :D :D :D

This is moonshade as a highone "what if" :D :D By Icemoon.

is it not just so so so lovely!!!!

... but at least some of the pretties are showing again!

NEXT PAGE