ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Skywise

Skywise

Our sexy stargazer

twinklebug

Yep...he rules! :love: I've had a crush on him for almost 4 years now. How about you? Love him? Hate him? Just want to go to bed with him?

crescent1325

i dunno..he is cute with that misheivious grin!!

Fahrout

well..being a male myself, I like how he is with the ladies! :twisted:

Willowspring

skywise... *sigh* who doesnt love him. *sighs deeply* plus he doesnt have bad taste in women... ruffel... Vurdah... *sigh* lucky guy

Bloodwake

Yeah, he makes me look bad when it comes to girls :P hes always been my favorite character

Yuki

I used to dream about him almost every night... So I guess it safe to say I'm over my crush... I still have this incredible week spot for him though. And every now and then I dream I'm at a comic store that has this spectacular new elfquest comic with him in it! ;)
He's deffinetly my favorite!
;) V.

dewshine_lover_1

lol yeah hes pretty hot for a joker ! lol

My favorite pic of skywise..drawm by myself though not origionaly

This picture is a pic i drew for Fahrouts fanfic story..

twinklebug

Cute!! :love: I love the first one! *huggles picture*

Zebula77

Great character. One of my faves, definitely. I wanna be him. Grin

Bloodwake

Quote:
Zebula77

Great character. One of my faves, definitely. I wanna be him. Grin

Agreed :P

Direwrath

He's adventurous, which is always a good thing..... Wink And if I ever got my hands on that feisty elf.. well.... :idea: Wink

PCoquelin

to :

and far more, up to the stars !...

twinklebug

Mmm-hmm. Not just cute, but adventurous, witty, and a deep thinker. Plus he stands apart from his tribe, which makes him insecure and vulnerable, which triggers my female comforting instincts. How much more irresistable can you get? :D

lunakat

Quote:
Anonymous

Actually.... he likes any girl.

Well, GUEST-- that is entirely true. Wink

[quote:19de3662eb]No offense, but I don't understand what makes him so irresistible.... Oh well. You can all be happy with him then. Wink[/quote:19de3662eb]

I think he's "irresistable" just because he was written that way. He's the character in the story that gets all the girls. It's just the role he plays- that lucky fox. But no, there's nothing so outstandingly seductive about him.

Still, he's my fav. male character-- but not because I find him sexy. I just think he's terribly cute and appealing. And I love his friendship with Cutter. And, like Twinklebug said, he's a mess of contradictions: witty and clever, a deep thinker and a superficial flirt, sly, sweet and vulnerable, both loyal and flighty, a loner and a staunch friend, a pragmatic dreamer.

I think, if he were a real person, he's the sort I would choose to be friends with. Someone interesting and fun.

Leanan

Quote:
Bloodwake

[quote:172e6ec7c6="Zebula77"]Great character. One of my faves, definitely. I wanna be him. Grin

Agreed :P[/quote:172e6ec7c6]

Me too. 8)

emerald

Look at him in the background...the little player. 8)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Willowspring

can you blame him?? i'd be a player too if i were surround by that many go-backs

Windrider

When I first got the internet, the first EQ fans I made contact with were the friendly folks at the GAZERS. Consequently, I have more fan art of Skywise than any other EQ character.

I really do like all the characters of EQ, but I identify most with Skywise. Not for his flirty behavior - because I'm nothing like that - but for the other aspects of his character. Because he tries to figure out how things work; he has an insatiable, outreaching scientific mind, even in the face of uncomprehending friends (yeah, I identify - try being a scientist among artists!). And because of his loyalty to, yet insecurity with, Cutter - that aspect of the EQ saga touched my heart deeply.

Here's a quick color gouache sketch of mine that has been around the net for a while:

And here's a close-up of Skywise from the cover of IABB, before I completed all the final details, though - notice he's missing the lodestone.

lunakat

Girl- you speak my language! :)
(I miss the Gazers! Seems a shame that website went down. Lots of good art and stories there!)

PCoquelin

Here's a special avatar ( 128x128 sized ) :

Of course, elf-pop has the priority, should he be interested...

Leanan

I miss the Gazers too. :(

dewshine_lover_1

nice pictures..lol I always thought the go backs reminded me of the amazons..even though there were males there. kinda funny hehehe im a huge xena fan..figures lol

krwordgazer

Skywise attracts the ladies because he's charming and flirtatious. But that's never been the aspect of his character that appealed to me.

What really draws me to Skywise are his internal conflicts. The way he's pulled between one thing and another-- between Cutter and the Palace, between the wolf-song and the star-song. I love him for the insecurity he feels, wrestling with these issues. I love him because he'll do anything for Cutter. Because he needs Cutter and Cutter needs him.

I love him for the way he tries to figure things out, for his thirst for knowledge and understanding. I love him for being a dreamer who leaves his dreams unfulfilled while he devotes his life to another. I rejoice for him, being where he is now-- getting to Master the Palace AND be Cutter's closest companion. For a character like Skywise, it doesn't get any better than that!

cactus

Wow! That first pic of Skywise is so beautiful Windrider :D . I've never thought that Skywise is much to look at, (at least not compared to most of the other elves) but he really looks good there :D .

lostshard

i am with you on that cactypenny...

also windrider? do you have any winnowill drawings?..curious to see her in your style

Windrider

Quote:
"cactus
Wow! That first pic of Skywise is so beautiful Windrider :D . I've never thought that Skywise is much to look at, (at least not compared to most of the other elves) but he really looks good there :D .

Thanks! Though usually people say that exact thing about this drawing instead:

Yeah, I know this is already up on the forum somewhere... though I don't remember where. Huh, uploading to Photobucket does weird things to art on textured paper. :?

Lostshard, I thought about it a bit, and you know... I've never drawn Winnowill, not even a sketch. Odd. I'd rectify that except I have another EQ project I'm working on... not an official one, just something to keep my education in comics art progressing.

cactus

Oh, yes. That one is beautiful too :D . He looks a little mischievous there.

krwordgazer

Mischievous? Hah! He looks like a total flirt! Grin Invitation in every line of his face and body.

Lovely work, Windrider.

cactus

Grin Hehe, I guess you are right about that Krwordgazer.

Windrider

Skywise with wolf Timmain, from Carol's little black EQ sketchbook:

crescent1325

Surprised that is just awesome!

Willowspring

yep... i defintely want to be Windrider when i grow up. she has such great taste in elves. *winks* even if shes a straving artist.

Starmist

Surprised Beautious, Windrider!!! :D

krwordgazer

I remember those scenes from the end of "In All But Blood." Marvelous!

krwordgazer

Here are a few stories about Skywise:

Wolfsong, Starsong: A Skywise Story - This story explores the mental process that led Skywise to give up his wolf blood.

Shadows of the Past: Lunakat and Wordgazer's First Joint Fanfic - Bearclaw and Skywise's relationship in Skywise's youth is explored-- with a look into how Bearclaw finally comes to terms with the death of Shale and Eyes High.

Windrider

Quote:
krwordgazer

I remember those scenes from the end of "In All But Blood."

Nope, only the center one with them wrestling was in IABB. My sketchbook is full of scenes like these, mostly because I was working out how to draw "Elfquest" wolves and their expressions, as opposed to realistic ones.

Here's a couple more.

And my favorite of the bunch, also appearing in IABB:

crescent1325

ahhhh...that is sooooooo cute...**runs and pinches cute lil pictures!!**

twinklebug

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

krwordgazer

My mistake, Windrider-- I did recognize a couple of those from In All But Blood, anyway. :oops:

But I love all of them! You're a wonder!

jadestarwolf

[color=red:5dd48c6fe2]~sigh~ I have had a crush on Skywise since forever, lol. Actually since I was 6 ~does math in the head~ uhhm, 12 years then. He's also the reason I wanted gray eyes when I had blue ones.... funnily enough I actually ended up with the partially grey eyes! :love:

He is a great character, he has alot going for him as well. His best friend sticks with him, he is (as everyone's said) a ladies man, he has the smarts to figure his way out of alot of things and he is very loyal. Loyalty is one of the things that endears me to him.[/color:5dd48c6fe2]

dewshine_lover_1

Windrider, i am still learning quite a bit about bodies and how they fit together and move, im not bad..but i am so envious of how you can draw skywise!! in a good way of course lol..would it be at all possible, if you can find the time, to do a break down of skywise's face? it is the hardest part of him for me..i would greatly appreciate it. :D

bdrcol22

Quote:
jadestarwolf

~sigh~ I have had a crush on Skywise since forever, lol. Actually since I was 6 ~does math in the head~ uhhm, 12 years then. He's also the reason I wanted gray eyes when I had blue ones.... funnily enough I actually ended up with the partially grey eyes! :love:

He is a great character, he has alot going for him as well. His best friend sticks with him, he is (as everyone's said) a ladies man, he has the smarts to figure his way out of alot of things and he is very loyal. Loyalty is one of the things that endears me to him.

If it makes you feel any better, he has been my favorite since I was ten... And that was in 1987.... I have drawn more pictures of him over the years then any other elf! One thing, however, that would make me the happiest person ever would see him recognize Tammain. Just the thought sends chills down my spine!

bdrcol22

[/quote]

[/quote]

This picture is absolutly stunning! I have been admiring your work for years on the web Windrider! Everything I have seen is stunning. I also miss the Gazers, I was a member (mostly silent) for a long time.

Windrider

Quote:
dewshine_lover_1

...would it be at all possible, if you can find the time, to do a break down of skywise's face? it is the hardest part of him for me..i would greatly appreciate it. :D

I put a little perspective study of Skywise on the "Share your drawing tips" thread, if that helps any. Wendy also has a character model of him on her "How to Draw EQ" section at elfquest.com. I never really did a breakdown of his face 'cause honestly, I find him the easiest elf to draw. ;) Skywise has a very simple face when compared with elves with more angles, but because of that, if something is just a little off in your drawing, you really notice it.

Let me see if I can help you out with just words (I'm at the Sailing Center at the moment and don't have a scanner).

Many very good fan artists and even EQ professionals (besides Wendy) end up with beautiful drawings of characters except you can only identify them because of their clothes and hair. I try... REALLY try... to find how Wendy makes each character's features and body shape individualistic.

So to start with... face shape. I have found that a critical element of this (often overloooked) is where the widest part of the face falls. On Skywise this is unusually low; his cheeks line up with the bottom of his nose. As opposed to Cutter, whose cheekbones line up with the start of his nose's... er... upturn (? not very clear... need pencil and paper :roll: ). Nightfall's and Strongbow's cheekbones are even higher. Add to this the general softness of Skywise' face; rounded forehead and cheeks... except for a fairly pointed, impish chin :D .

Eyes... Skywise has more narrow eyes than Cutter (though not so narrow as Rayek). His pupils are also not so big and his eyes slant more. I think he has a slightly Asian look to his eyes because he appears to have an epicanthus (skin fold - not defined eyelids). He has very sparse and light colored eyelashes, so the heavy lines used there on most elves are not appropriate for him.

Finally, lets not forget that down-turned nose that Oddbit found so attractive! His nose is also rather short even for an elf, but not narrow. He has a cupid's bow mouth with a full lower lip but a thin or non-exsistant upper lip and no fust... fus... er.. that little dent thing in your upper lip under your nose - he doesn't have one. :P

Does this help any? Sorry it is so long.. a picture is worth a thousand words and all. ;)

dewshine_lover_1

actually that helped alot, now to get it on paper that way hahaha thanks alot, i appreciate you taking the time to let me know. :D

Megin

[quote:2f5e532d76="Windrider"][quote:2f5e532d76="cactus"]Wow! That first pic of Skywise is so beautiful Windrider :D . I've never thought that Skywise is much to look at, (at least not compared to most of the other elves) but he really looks good there :D .[/quote:2f5e532d76]
Thanks! Though usually people say that exact thing about this drawing instead:
[img:2f5e532d76]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/CWindrider/d339226f.jpg[/img:2f5e532d76]
Yeah, I know this is already up on the forum somewhere... though I don't remember where. Huh, uploading to Photobucket does weird things to art on textured paper. :?

Lostshard, I thought about it a bit, and you know... I've never drawn Winnowill, not even a sketch. Odd. I'd rectify that except I have another EQ project I'm working on... not an official one, just something to keep my education in comics art progressing.[/quote:2f5e532d76]

Omg! he looks awesome O.O Great work!
Skywise has always been my favorite :D

emerald

Just had to post this smilie in his thread.

Megin

Can't see it :(

emerald

Awww...the pimp smilie is gone!

cactus

No, it's not Surprised . I can still see it anyway :D .

lilpunkin

Quote:
Windrider

heh...I've been a fan of Skywise since 1979. :D Wink 8)

can't explain why I liked him so much...I just do!

ok ok...here's this: he's just too darned sexy!

that's why! :P

Windrider so that's YOU that did all these drawings for IABB?!

Beautiful! I loved the nappers above...very sweet!

keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Sean

Skywise is the heat! Always has been, always will be. That's why he's my favorite. I've had other favorites over the years, but it's always back to him. He's just cool.

krwordgazer

I've never, somehow, thought of Skywise as sexy. Not my type, I suppose. Wink

I find him lovable, adorable, playful, sweet and vulnerable-- but for some reason my feelings towards him are almost completely maternal. Maybe it's because of that abandoned inner child within him. . .

Nowth

Not even in The Heart's Way (plot notwithstanding)?

Badger

Well, as a matter of fact, I have never understood, what people see in Skywise.
Maybe it is just in me, I'm an outsider from the whole world sometimes (tells a lot of my origin, eh?)
I just... *shrugs* :?

krwordgazer

Quote:
Nowth

Not even in The Heart's Way (plot notwithstanding)?

In The Heart's Way, I was too annoyed by Skywise to find him sexy. Playboys do nothing for me-- what attracts me is a man who will stick with one woman. (hence Strongbow, I suppose. Wink )

Quote:
Badger

Maybe it is just in me, I'm an outsider from the whole world sometimes (tells a lot of my origin, eh?)
I just... *shrugs*

Badger, you're less alone than you might think. Elfquest has a great appeal to people who feel like outsiders. Including me. In fact, I've found so many fellow-outsiders that I feel like an insider now! :D

Nowth

Quote:
krwordgazer

In The Heart's Way, I was too annoyed by Skywise to find him sexy. Playboys do nothing for me-- what attracts me is a man who will stick with one woman. (hence Strongbow, I suppose. Wink )

I know. Hence "plot notwithstanding" ;).

Isn't my lifestyle exactly but I have no qualms with it whatsoever; he didn't annoy me... he didn't lie to Vurdah just to keep her in the "game". That would have annoyed me. (Okay, so I was a bit annoyed by him in SATS. But mostly because he seemed stupider somehow.)

I thought he looked great - impish, alive, wriggly :)

Windrider does a great Skywise, too... a softer, dreamier Skywise.

Normally I don't find him particularly good-looking.

krwordgazer

Yes, I did understand the "plot notwithstanding." :) But the plot got in the way too much for me.

I like Skywise best when he's relating to Cutter. In my opinion the most attractive picture of him is when Cutter has just rescued him from the rock Door trapped him in, and they are holding each other. One of my "greatest EQ moments." :D

Nowth

Okay, I understand. I'm perfectly okay with the plot (even welcomed it as a... freedom-thingie), so I'm free to go by looks alone. And I didn't care for his until Heart's Way.

Hm, maybe it's the ragged hair? (He's still not the most sensual... that mouth, so wide and lip-less...)

[quote:53295fb6d0] In my opinion the most attractive picture of him is when Cutter has just rescued him from the rock Door trapped him in, and they are holding each other. One of my "greatest EQ moments." [/quote:53295fb6d0]
I agree, it's a good moment... (just not aesthetically, for me).

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.

twinklebug

Quote:
Nowth

I thought he looked great - impish, alive, wriggly :)

That's exactly what I love about his look, he looks like one of those classic little imps who would crawl in your window at night and steal the cookies. But his personality is what really attracts me to him. Like Wordgazer said, he's lovable, adorable, playful, sweet, and vulnerable. It's the vulnerability that really grabs me.

lunakat

I'm not so keen on Skywise's 'looks' per se--- but I love his expressions!

manalatawen

well maybe it just me, but i have never understand why people like him so much :? . he's a littele to "wild" for me :D

Windrider

Okay, I figured I should make available here all my old fan art from the GAZERS. So here, to complete the collection is:

Holiday Greeting:

And a sketch called "Brothers Still." And whenever I post this image, I have to maintian that there are NO SPOILERS here. It is just fan speculation, since it was done before I'd ever met the Pinis.

Icebird

[color=blue:c668a62c2f] :EEEK: :heart: :love: Oh, the last one is sooooo sad, yet so beautiful *snif* great work, Windrider![/color:c668a62c2f]

Willowspring

i wouldnt mind unwrapping that present Wink

But i think that one of Cutter and Skywise is... so sad... when i first saw it... i was... OH NO!!! When did cutter die????

Kitt

[color=green:00223c9b64]I don't even want to think of that day Unhappy[/color:00223c9b64]

Fahr

As a kid growing up with an artistic and philosophical spirit in a truck driver society I always identified with Skywise. Absolute nothing against truck drivers and the like they are my family after all. But, being so different from them made me identified a lot with Skywise.

Also I had a great friend that I always played second fiddle to much like Skywise. I was always there for him and we where fiercely loyal to each other. He has passed away now and the picture of Cutter and Skywise really means a lot to me. I have seen it around the net before.

But what first drew me to Skywise was his love of the stars and his ability to be playful and mischievous but when it came down to it one tough son of a wolf. I've always felt myself to be that way very easy going but when I need to stand my ground a force to be reckoned with.

I love the others but Skywise is it for me when it comes to EQ.

JadeOwl

Windrider - That's beautiful Surprised
And if you think about it, it could be when rayek stole Cutter's family and the Palace....it doesn't have to be that he's truly dead, but that Skywise thinks he is.

krwordgazer

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, Fahr. I always like to find out why people identify with one character over another. :)

Windrider, I don't think I had seen that picture of yours before. I think it has the greatest emotional impact of anything I have seen of yours. It's incredible.

And, of course, it details an event that Skywise must now anticipate happening someday, unless some unforeseen accident carries the stargazer off first. I find myself thinking that what you have drawn may be Skywise's recurring dream, Windrider, in the first months after he chose immortality. ( :( hugs Skywise)

cactus

*Buhuuuu*
So sad Unhappy . But it's a beautiful drawing though. The christmas Skywise too Grin . I like how you've drawn his feets there.
I normally hate bare feets... I can't stand looking at them.

Minouche

Quote:
Windrider

Okay, I figured I should make available here all my old fan art from the GAZERS. So here, to complete the collection is:

Holiday Greeting:

Can I order that adorable gentleman for my birthday? I'm sure he would be far better for my mental health than the usual birthday cake.

Thallasia

[quote:74d0b4fb35="muriel"]
Can I order that adorable gentleman for my birthday? I'm sure he would be far better for my mental health than the usual birthday cake.[/quote:74d0b4fb35]

Me thinks he'd have a pretty busy schedule if he did birthday visitations ;)
(I for one would celibrate my birthday at least once a month :twisted: )

Fourleafclover

:rofl: Bwa ha ha! Great picture! I love where the bow is!

Minouche

[quote:31d6fc5cbd="Thallasia"][quote:31d6fc5cbd="muriel"]
Can I order that adorable gentleman for my birthday? I'm sure he would be far better for my mental health than the usual birthday cake.[/quote:31d6fc5cbd]

Me thinks he'd have a pretty busy schedule if he did birthday visitations ;)
(I for one would celibrate my birthday at least once a month :twisted: )[/quote:31d6fc5cbd]

:oops: did I say birthday? I meant unbirthdays: all 364 of them (per year) Wink

Nowth

[quote:e8786ecf0c="Fahr"]But what first drew me to Skywise was his love of the stars and his ability to be playful and mischievous but when it came down to it one tough son of a wolf. I've always felt myself to be that way very easy going but when I need to stand my ground a force to be reckoned with.[/quote:e8786ecf0c]
*applauds* (really, I did!) Yes! That's just it. He's both the dreamy outsider - and streetwise, even more so at times than all-America... er... -wolfian Cutter with his initially naive idealism. Does it go together? Cliche has it that dreamers are impractical and slow but Skywise if anything is brash and cynical, when it comes to humans anyway. Is this in the manner of heroic fantasy sidekicks perhaps - a little more intellectual than the hero as well as a little meaner and more pragmatic overall? Still I like him best when he's not being "the sidekick", as when he's captured by humans in SABM. Hearing them call him a frost-maned demon felt so good at the time - he was being acknowledged as something other than Cutter's brother, not that there's anything wrong with that...

lunakat

[quote:c00cd3d8ca="Nowth"] Yes! That's just it. He's both the dreamy outsider - and streetwise, even more so at times than all-America... er... -wolfian Cutter with his initially naive idealism. Does it go together? Cliche has it that dreamers are impractical and slow but Skywise if anything is brash and cynical, when it comes to humans anyway. [/quote:c00cd3d8ca]
Exactly! As regards that cliche... there's a difference between having a dream and being an idealist. Cutter is an idealist-- he wants to believe in the best possible outcome. As a consequence, he is a little naive at times. But... that is also what makes him a good leader. He has a greater, better vision that he struggles toward.

Skywise is way too pragmatic to be an idealist. He's a scientist-- and scientists believe in what they can prove. But scientists also have fascinations and dreams/objectives. They just approach them in a more analytical and concrete manner.

So there you go: Cutter inspires-- Skywise analyzes.

Plus, Cutter is earnest and honest... Skywise, a charming rake and a wise-acre! (Totally irresistable combination!)

[quote:c00cd3d8ca]Is this in the manner of heroic fantasy sidekicks perhaps - a little more intellectual than the hero as well as a little meaner and more pragmatic overall? [/quote:c00cd3d8ca]
Yep- I think you are right. That is precisely the manner of the standard "heroic fantasy sidekick."

[quote:c00cd3d8ca]Still I like him best when he's not being "the sidekick", as when he's captured by humans in SABM. Hearing them call him a frost-maned demon felt so good at the time - he was being acknowledged as something other than Cutter's brother, not that there's anything wrong with that...[/quote:c00cd3d8ca]
I liked that too. SABM was a really different look at Skywise's character. He's pretty much acting independently throughout the series. And he even aquires his own leading lady/sidekick (Aroree).

It seemed to me that a sort of evolution began to take place with Skywise-- back in book four, when he rejected Cutter after the Palace war... and it really gets developed in "Seige."

(BTW-- i liked the "frost maned demon" comment too! It made me imagine the humans viewing him as a frost demon-- a spirit of winter and snow!) Wink

twinklebug

[quote:5caa620177="muriel"][quote:5caa620177="Windrider"]Okay, I figured I should make available here all my old fan art from the GAZERS. So here, to complete the collection is:

Holiday Greeting:
[img:5caa620177]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/CWindrider/XmasGreeting.jpg[/img:5caa620177]

[/quote:5caa620177]
Can I order that adorable gentleman for my birthday? I'm sure he would be far better for my mental health than the usual birthday cake.[/quote:5caa620177]
:EEEK: :heart: :heart: OH YEAH! *drools* I waaaaaaaaant.....

emerald

[color=#00bfbf:10ed2ed01b]Bumping up Skywise's thread that apparently got overlooked. Wink [/color:10ed2ed01b]

SilverIce

Sorry. I did'nt realize that this was the correct thread. (I'm new here and all)

emerald

[color=#00bfbf:2f4770d23c]That's alright we're a friendly bunch. :D [/color:2f4770d23c]

lunakat

Totally friendly! :D
Well, here's what Silver-ice (hi, btw!) wrote in the "Skywise" thread:

[quote:7b20429cb2]
I read this little tidbit a little while ago:

Since Timmain's return to the Wolfriders, Skywise has been a drawn to her and she to him. They have become virtually inseparable, giving rise to speculation that Skywise and Timmain are destined to Recognize one another.

And was wondering if there are any stories out there that I hav'nt seen yet?[/quote:7b20429cb2]

So... do we all think they're going to recognize?
If not, [i:7b20429cb2]why[/i:7b20429cb2] are they so inseparable?

And I rather agree that they are... (umm... SPOILER WARNINGS... if you haven't read KOTBW and HIDDEN YEARS-- [i:7b20429cb2]the series[/i:7b20429cb2])

dun

dun

da-dun!

Timmain singles out Skywise specifically after first stepping out of the Palace as a wolf. WHY? What prompts her to go straight to him?

Then... even after 10,000 years have passed (or was it 500? I can't remember)-- she still stays connected to him. She greets him when he wakes up from Rayek's blast... and she goes with him to be with Ember's tribe during 'Hidden Years.'

When Tier shows up, they have the same dream-- in which she calls him 'fahr.' And he ditches Ember at a time of crisis to accompany her back to fight for Cutter.

Furthermore, back at the Palace... Skywise is clearly infatuated. Isn't he thinking about her every other moment? Think of "Full circle," when he ponders on how utterly attractive she is. Or in 'Searcher and the Sword'-- when he tells Shuna that Timmain is the 'most wonderful' elf around.

This has to be leading to something... right? I mean, why else would they include it in the story?

crescent1325

[color=indigo:c7d10356dc]or it could be a red hereing (you know that fishy thing? dont know the spelling :roll: ), because he really is gonna recognize Ruffle! :twisted: Grin [/color:c7d10356dc]

lunakat

herring! (methinks!)

Or Vurdah- right? :P After all this time...

krwordgazer

In the other thread (which I am locking), Nowth replied to SilverIce:

[quote:a4f8f1c1a9]They've been spending a lot of time together as far back as Kings of the Broken Wheel, I think. Why this would "destine" them for recognition I have no real idea. It's been pointed out repeatedly that recognition doesn't care if you like each other or, for that matter, if you've met before. [/quote:a4f8f1c1a9]

And yet, if two elves meet who will one day Recognize, but the time isn't right, they are often drawn together anyway, and may even lifemate. Bearclaw and Joyleaf being a prime example. Kathleen once called it "proto-Recognition." I think it exists. :)

SilverIce

I think Elfmom needs to do a story on these two. My feeling is that they are not recognized yet, Skywise needs to find Timmains soul name first. maybe, just maybe she will give it to him.

JadeOwl

[quote:bd3ac248a4="SilverIce"]I think Elfmom needs to do a story on these two. My feeling is that they are not recognized yet, Skywise needs to find Timmains soul name first. maybe, just maybe she will give it to him.[/quote:bd3ac248a4]

But then they wouldn't be Recognized, they would be lifemated, like Nightfall and Redlance.

But here's a question:

Does Timmin have a soul name? I mean, yes she is without a doubt wolfrider, but she doesn't hve wolf blood. Would she ever need to hide her feeling of "self" like her children?

crescent1325

[color=indigo:572d186fe3]I dont thinks she has one. I dont think any of the Firstcomers did. They didnt hide their innermost secrets selves from eachother. They shared everything.[/color:572d186fe3]

Minouche

I don't think one is needed. Leetah din't need one nor did her parents. I don't know whether they'll recognize ever, but the way they feel they're pretty close to falling in love.

elf_queen_vik

Quote:
Windrider

Holiday Greeting:

that would be a nice to see waiting for me inder the tree, Wolfrider you truly do beautiful work

myrtle

Skywise is definetely my favorite EQ character (why do I have the feeling I spell everything wrong? <_<), although I don't feel much for his playboy-side. I mostly like that he's such a dreamer and a thinker, because i consider myself being one as well :P And I also love gazing at the stars (well, mostly the moon. Somehow, when I'm outside at night and I can't see the moon, I feel kinda sad Grin)

ashes

Oh yes, Skywise is my favorite Character by far. I had a crush on him forever. He has always been my favorite. My little brothers middle name is Skywise too. Good god, we are a EQ family, or just really nerdy.

Kriss

Quote:
lunakat

This has to be leading to something... right? I mean, why else would they include it in the story?

I agree. There is hints everywhere that they will recognize in the future^^

My question is: Are they lovemates now? Or just friends?

I really like the idea of them being lovemates...what do you think?

Tavie

Quote:
myrtle

Skywise is definetely my favorite EQ character (why do I have the feeling I spell everything wrong? <_<), although I don't feel much for his playboy-side. I mostly like that he's such a dreamer and a thinker, because i consider myself being one as well :P And I also love gazing at the stars (well, mostly the moon. Somehow, when I'm outside at night and I can't see the moon, I feel kinda sad Grin)

He's my favourite, too. I feel a certain kinship - I live in the city and it's very difficult to make out any stars at all most nights, but every time I go out at night, I have this obsessive-compulsive desire to find one and make a wish on it. It strains my eyes terribly, but I can almost always make one out if it isn't completely cloudy.

I feel like Skywise would understand that.

Or Gepetto...

Anyway, he's also a sexy little beast, isn't he?

Amber

Skywise has always been my favourite, he actually reminds me of a guy I once was in love with and I still have this soft spot for..... never mind, he hasn't got white hair, and Skywise is much nicer ^^

I would love to see Skywise and Aroree together again, although I know it would never happen.... it was just all so sad.

Tavie

Quote:
Amber

Skywise has always been my favourite, he actually reminds me of a guy I once was in love with and I still have this soft spot for..... never mind, he hasn't got white hair, and Skywise is much nicer ^^

I would love to see Skywise and Aroree together again, although I know it would never happen.... it was just all so sad.

I appreciate Sad-Eyes more and more lately. She has trouble sleeping, I have trouble sleeping...

Fluffy

Skywise has always been my favorite character. Ever since I picked up my best friend's copy of Quest's End (graphic novel 4, the paperback done in watercolor) and saw him, I knew there was always something about him. Maybe it's the fact that he likes to have fun wherever he goes, and he's not afraid of a good adventure. He's curious, always wondering about certain things, and he has a certain charm that I just love.

Of course, as I got older I started teasing him and calling him a "dog" cuz of his ways with the ladies. But he's always been that way, he's always been like the wind. Free to fly and touch whoever he wants, free to be as strong as a hurricane or as gentle as a warm breeze, and also free to leave a place for a certain time and come back before leaving again.

When I learned he had a love for the stars I became even more fascinated with astronomy, and I can't wait for the day when we see Skywise finally go up into outer space and see the beauty that we've already seen through our own instruments. I also knew for a long time and had to deal (along with Cutter) that Skywise would have to be given up to the stars. That doesn't mean he'll never be seen again, but no one can hold the wind in a jar. It's just not meant to be.

Now, as for his relationship with Timmain...I'll admit I'm jealous, simply because I'm afraid he'd never allow himself to truly get that close with a human like he would with her. It's easy to deal with, tho, cuz he loves and shares. No one is neglected by him, and that's comforting ^^ As for if/when those two will Recognize? They may, they may not. Or, they may become "one" without Recognizing at all. Personally I think Wendy's still trying to decide :P

Nowth

Quote:
Fluffy

When I learned he had a love for the stars I became even more fascinated with astronomy, and I can't wait for the day when we see Skywise finally go up into outer space and see the beauty that we've already seen through our own instruments.

It's happened already... though the reaction we saw was mostly Cutter's...

They saw one of Wendy's double-ringed planets

Fluffy

Quote:
Nowth

It's happened already... though the reaction we saw was mostly Cutter's...

They saw one of Wendy's double-ringed planets

Lemme guess, Shards #16 xD; (I never got to read that issue) I meant as in everything we've seen so far of the Universe around us. Nebulae, super novae, black holes, quasars, worm holes, galaxies and galaxy clusters, different star systems, everything! And from a front row seat.

Tavie

Quote:
Fluffy

Skywise has always been my favorite character. Ever since I picked up my best friend's copy of Quest's End (graphic novel 4, the paperback done in watercolor) and saw him, I knew there was always something about him. Maybe it's the fact that he likes to have fun wherever he goes, and he's not afraid of a good adventure. He's curious, always wondering about certain things, and he has a certain charm that I just love.

Of course, as I got older I started teasing him and calling him a "dog" cuz of his ways with the ladies. But he's always been that way, he's always been like the wind. Free to fly and touch whoever he wants, free to be as strong as a hurricane or as gentle as a warm breeze, and also free to leave a place for a certain time and come back before leaving again.

When I learned he had a love for the stars I became even more fascinated with astronomy, and I can't wait for the day when we see Skywise finally go up into outer space and see the beauty that we've already seen through our own instruments. I also knew for a long time and had to deal (along with Cutter) that Skywise would have to be given up to the stars. That doesn't mean he'll never be seen again, but no one can hold the wind in a jar. It's just not meant to be.

Now, as for his relationship with Timmain...I'll admit I'm jealous, simply because I'm afraid he'd never allow himself to truly get that close with a human like he would with her. It's easy to deal with, tho, cuz he loves and shares. No one is neglected by him, and that's comforting ^^ As for if/when those two will Recognize? They may, they may not. Or, they may become "one" without Recognizing at all. Personally I think Wendy's still trying to decide :P

Ahhh, this was fun to read! You've expressed so many of my own feelings about Skywise. He's always been my favorite. (Although I've never thought of being "jealous" of Timmain, hee.)

I can't see Skywise Recognizing, ever... unless he recognizes an actual star. But, ouch, that would be hard to consummate. ;) I think one of my favorite things is when we get to see his dream in Dreamtime and he wakes up with a young Timmain. Those two have a definite connection, but I just don't see Recognition in it, for some reason.

Nowth

So is it commonly believed that Magic Blanket Girl = Timmain?

NEXT PAGE