ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Leetah - The desert rose

Silberschweif

She is one of the most beautiful elf girls of the world of two moons. I love her deep green eyes, the wonderful auburn hair and her dark skin. Indeed a desertrose :)

PCoquelin

Indeed :

( Oh, and by the way : "Desert Rose" is my fav song by Sting )

Kitt

*cries* I'm number 3 on the Leetah topic thread :crying: Noooo!! Ah well, as long as we're all here for the no. 1 healer of all time, that's all that matters, right? Unhappy

crescent1325

Quote:
Anonymous

leetah is a beautifully strong and indepent woman. She is caring and loving and loyal. A great spiritual adviors at times. She is awesome.

oops :oops: ...that was me...

emerald

She is my favorite healer of all time! :D

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Kitt

Mine too! :love:

Starmist

I've just re-read book 1 and 2, and Leetah is sooo sweet! She really comes into herself in those two books, grows up a bit (even though she was 600yrs when we first encountered her Wink ), she accepted Cutter and faced her fears, and she is one of the most beautiful elf-ladies ever...

Kitt

Darn right! She and Cutter complete each other!! In her own words, HE WAS MY SOUL!!

dewshine_lover_1

I think its great..that she tried so hard to deny him, but once she accepted him, he became as much of her, as she is in herself!

emerald

I think he's more rational than before recognition. It's all Leetah's doing. :P
I can totally see him about to say something unwise and her in the background clearing her throat!
Grin

dewshine_lover_1

lol yeah i can see that too..hehehe They are so perfect for each other..i cant even imagine them without each other.

Kitt

*falls on the floor thinking about the image of Leetah in the bg* HAHAHAHAHA!!! Grin

Elsa

Any pictures of her in that fur dress? That was a good outfit.

Kitt

The one she wore with the Go-Backs??

Kitt

[color=green:09265cb412]...still lovin' the gown :D[/color:09265cb412]

[img:09265cb412]http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/7698/marvel616bb.jpg[/img:09265cb412]

cactus

*Sigh*
That's one of the pages from the marvel edition I really wish they would have recolored and added to the archives :( . That one, and the one where she's hugging Rayek. Oh, and this one:
[img:a64f09689d]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/99lala99/eq/Leetahmarvel.jpg[/img:a64f09689d].

She looks so happy and free :D .

[quote:a64f09689d="Kitt"][color=green:a64f09689d][b:a64f09689d]*cries* [/b:a64f09689d] I'm number 3 on the Leetah topic thread :crying: Noooo!! Ah well, as long as we're all here for the no. 1 healer of all time, that's all that matters, right? Unhappy[/color:a64f09689d][/quote:a64f09689d]
Hehe, and I'm number ? Surprised I'm not even on the first page Unhappy ! Oh, well. Still love her Grin .

Kitt

[color=green:2c905c90c5]That is so true! And, because you love her, too...here:
[/color:2c905c90c5]

[img:2c905c90c5]http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/4472/marvel2618dw.jpg[/img:2c905c90c5]

cactus

Yes! That's the one :D .

Kathleen

[img:a2ae5503d8]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/morninghasbroken/LeetahOMGITSCANON.jpg[/img:a2ae5503d8]

Well, I've done my part for the cause.

cactus

Oh, that's great Kathleen :D .

Kathleen

Really? Thanks Cactus. I'm not too sure about it, but it helped to pass the time at work.

cactus

Yes really Wink . It's definately Leetah. And I think she looks a little "wolfriderish" too there. It's great :D .

[size=9:3cd845b605]*Sigh*
I wish I could do things like that at work too. Hehe, I wish that I could draw at all actually Grin . Or do anything but work when I'm at work...[/size:3cd845b605]

Kitt

[color=#FF9999:681e6d74e1]OOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!! :D:D:D:D:D:D!! THANK YOU, KATHLEEN!! :kiss: :love: :kiss:[/color:681e6d74e1]

Kathleen

You're welcome, Kitt!

Anarane

I must admit, and please don't kill me Leetah lovers! -hides- I am one of those that has shifted when it comes to Leetah, at the beginning I really didn't like her, I saw her as a snob, and thinking of herself as better then most, it was just an impression I got of her, but when Cutter, and her recognized, and through the years she changed, and I soon started to like her, and respect her for her strength. In fact if Leetah had been raised with Kahvi's tribe, and not been so spoiled I could see her as being a strong tribal woman, even stronger then Kahvi.

But now in the story I do like her, and think she's very beautiful, and has changed alot, but for the good.

Windrider

manga

[quote:423520b648="Kitt"][color=green:423520b648]That is so true! And, because you love her, too...here:
[/color:423520b648]

[img:423520b648]http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/4472/marvel2618dw.jpg[/img:423520b648][/quote:423520b648]

I just love that page to bitty bitty bits. More for the Rayek fan-girl moment (aww! Look at him try to comfort his old flame!) than anything but without Leetah it just wouldn't be!

krwordgazer

Windrider, that picture of Leetah is one of the loveliest I've ever seen. It seems to be part of a larger picture. Have you posted that somewhere?

Kathleen, I commented on yours elsewhere-- your Leetah is so cute!

I admired Leetah so much in Forbidden Grove. She faced her Bridge of Destiny when she left her place of comfort and control to face the unknown for Cutter. She went from a position of dominance and familiarity in the Sun Village to one of inexperience and dependence among the Wolfriders-- and found her own there, as well.

Loss of control was her greatest fear. She overcame it, and has continued to overcome it, all her life.

(EDIT: Oh, now I recognize that picture, Windrider! It's from the cover of this year's fan calendar, isn't it?)

Weirdlet

I'd wager on that pic being part of the 'Three Graces' calender pic^^

krwordgazer

Heh, heh. I realized that at the same moment you posted it, Weirdlet. Grin

Kitt

[color=green:787d624a5e]...okay, I need more Windrider Leetah art! :D WOOHOO!! :love:[/color:787d624a5e]

Windrider

Your wish is my command, Kitt dear. Hmm... not much on the computer other than those Cutter/Leetah/Skywise sketches you've seen at eqfanart. How about this? Pencil sketch and inked versions:

Skywise apparently thinks Leetah should be enjoying this. Wink

Willowspring

lol. poor leetah

Kitt

[color=green:a9ff4d7426]My eyes see with joy! :love:[/color:a9ff4d7426]

Willowspring

this is so embarressing...

This is one i did about 4 years ago...

crescent1325

Still better then my attempts....its lovely!

emerald

Leetah looks so tough in this picture! :o

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Willowspring

its the abs.... it has to be the abs!!

crescent1325

Thats what im thinking.

innie

I don't like the short skirt :)

crescent1325

Really? i like i t..i think its cute...

Kitt

[color=red:4487893b88]ME TOO, ME TOO!![/color:4487893b88] :D:D :love: :D:D

ShadowDancer

[quote:9586432d5d="Elsa"]Any pictures of her in that fur dress? That was a good outfit.[/quote:9586432d5d]

[img:9586432d5d]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/alluringshadows/78dd7769.jpg[/img:9586432d5d]

This is with the over coat. The other pics of her that I have don't have a clear shot of just her outfit. Rayek keeps getting in the way ;)

Bigger version of this pic here:
http://pics.livejournal.com/kiten/pic/0005p7ec/

elizabethayres

cactus

Ohh, that's beautiful :D .

joyleaf1

such lovely leetah art and pictures from the books, I do love leetah in a short skert, shes a beautiful elf and has nothing to be ashamed of...good stuff here for leetah. :D

Kitt

[color=red:4c2a41084d]She looks voluptuous and sexy! :D[/color:4c2a41084d]

joyleaf1

here u go kitt....and fellow leetah lovers.

[img:52dfd356e6]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d36/joyleaf/CCF00642006_00000.jpg[/img:52dfd356e6]

Huggles to all

Fourleafclover

More! More Leetah pictures! :D

ulmtwen

Yep, Leetah's breasts certainly defy gravity sometimes. No complaints here, though. I wish I had a pic to submit, but all my favourites have been posted already!

Kitt

[color=red:c44e9ea478][b:c44e9ea478]*pushes Cutter out of the way and takes his place!*[/b:c44e9ea478] :love: .....NO NO! I'm just kidding! Grin I love my Cutter, too! [/color:c44e9ea478]

Kitt

[img:f6650f0624]http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/4002/w5page268pd.jpg[/img:f6650f0624]

[color=green:f6650f0624]...you know, just about everywhere you see Leetah, you see Cutter somewhere, too :P[/color:f6650f0624]

ulmtwen

I always loved Nightfall in that one. She looks so cute.

emerald

[color=blue:eb54379a6b]I love how they are holding eachother! ...you know...in the early beginning of my EQ days...I always wished they would get together... [b:eb54379a6b]*Don't kill me!*[/b:eb54379a6b] But then by the end of book one I fell in love with Cutter and Leetah together! :P [/color:eb54379a6b]

Icebird

Don't feel alone Em :P I wished for the same more than once, though I do love Leetah & Cutter now..

innie

I love them together :D Although I like how their relationship is for the moment too. I love it when she hugs him or says something that shows how deep their bond is. Like when Cuuter is about to leave at the start of the quest, she hugs him too.

Icebird

True, but I think it could be cool if they were soul-siblings.. but of cause he'll have four people knowing his soulname: Skywise, Leetah, Zhantee and then Nightfall.. :| it may be a little much.. oh well Grin

Aaannnyywaay back on topic Grin LEETAH, LEETAH, LEETAH

innie

Quote:
Icebird

True, but I think it could be cool if they were soul-siblings.. but of cause he'll have four people knowing his soulname: Skywise, Leetah, Zhantee and then Nightfall.. :| it may be a little much.. oh well Grin

Aaannnyywaay back on topic Grin LEETAH, LEETAH, LEETAH

Hmm yeah, that Cutter guy certainly has it all Grin

Kitt

:P But, as long as we remember that LEETAH is his one and only, it's all cool! :o

Seastorm

I made a banner of leetah and cutter if anyone wants to use it feel free... it is only my second one so it could be better, but I like it!

enjoy!

joyleaf1

thats kind of realy cool, good job on that!!!!

Fourleafclover

Lol! Grin You can almost see Suntop and Ember - starting out as twinkles in their parent's eyes.

Kitt

Lovely Seatorm! :o

emerald

I love this pic of Leetah. When she said "He was my SOUL!" and the thought bubble was dripping! Oh, it went straight to my heart!

and always thought this pic was cool of her healing herself!

AND

My favorite quote from Leetah ever:
In Seige at Blue Mountain:

Cutter: White as snow.
Leetah: *giggle* What is snow?

Kitt

:love:

StarShine

Is it just me or is Leetah the only elf who 'grows' as a person. I mean she's transplanted (sorry for the flower-pun considering her title as the Desert Rose) and has to learn not to be so... gentle. I mean in CoBM she takes a shot a Winnowill, to get her son back, (yes it was definately Maternal instinct but still to go up against some one was a bit scary for for her.

All the others seem to remain the same in most ways, Leetah is cool though. I identify with her more than any other elf. (Now where's my Cutter so I can go stop being so shelted and the like?)

innie

She definitely has grown as a person. Some don't like the fact she lost her temper somehow, but I like the changes in her personality. For the first time in centuries she doubted herself, while living with the wolfriders, what's always interesting. She's not perfect, what's better. She's not one of my favourite elves though.
She's such a warm loving elf. And she wouldn't be the same without Cutter ofcourse. Like they say 'Cutter is life'.

Another thing I like is that in the novelization 'the quest begins' Leetah actually says she loves Cutter. There is a lot of love in elfquest, and the elves are very open, but it's the only time I can remember an elf said 'I love you'.

krwordgazer

Actually, I think most of the elves change and grow throughout the series. Cutter changes a lot-- "Chief of Changes" can apply as much to himself as to the times he lives in!

Strongbow has really mellowed over the years-- he has been so often confronted with his own prejudices and so forth, he has been forced to deal with them and come to terms with them.

Skywise has been through a major transition and identity crisis and finally found himself again.

Ember has gone from a happy-go-lucky child to an angsty teenager, and then settled into herself as a chieftess.

As for Leetah, I think one of the most interesting things about her is the conflict between her healer's instincts and her duties to her adopted tribe and her family. She has had to make some very hard choices throughout her life, ever since she left the Sun Village. And I agree that this has changed her outward manner perhaps more than anyone else's in the series. She went from pampered, spoiled center of the Village to wise mother and contributing tribemember in the Holt.

Fourleafclover

Ah Leetah.... my favorite elf... I've had the fortune to be named Leetah in the Elfquest Forum movie. *squirms happily*

PCoquelin

Hmmmm... would someone give her some colours ?
Night, subtle ones, preferrably.

Kitt

OHHH!! The school comp's have photoshop, too! :o Give me a minute Wink

EDIT: This is rushed because the lab is closing so I gotta go :P Hope you like it! :o

crescent1325

Nice! :thumbsup:

Kitt

Thanks! :o

Fourleafclover

Oooh - I like the night sky background. :D

Some fun Leetah avatars - (I've been going avatar nuts lately. :P )

Desert rose indeed!

PCoquelin

Splendid, Kitt !
Thank you so much !

Sooooo, I just added this avatar :

Silberschweif

Really beautiful Kitt :)

only her hair is too red, i think ^^°

krwordgazer

Lately, I've been finding Leetah just a bit too perfect. Especially in her responses in the Ask Elfmom forum. She's so wise and balanced that I can hardly relate to her any more. I'd like to see a trace of the temper she used to display. Or just a bit of her old stubbornness. . .

Don't shoot me, anyone. :oops:

Fourleafclover

I totally forgot... I have a Leetah picture I drew to submit to the Desert Rose thread...

Foxeye

Quote:
krwordgazer

Lately, I've been finding Leetah just a bit too perfect. Especially in her responses in the Ask Elfmom forum. She's so wise and balanced that I can hardly relate to her any more. I'd like to see a trace of the temper she used to display. Or just a bit of her old stubbornness. . .

I know what you mean. I love rereading books 1-4 where she is still so flawed and quirky. It's often hard for me to reconcile the uppity desert princess with the savah-esque-unconditionally-loving-uber-healer....as if they are two separate characters.

krwordgazer

Yes, that's just what I mean, Foxeye. Leetah's role has become something of a mini-Savah. So what do we need Savah for?

Things Leetah said in the past made me feel certain that now and again she and Cutter had differences. I wish we could see something like that again. Because I have always loved Leetah's feisty side. :D

Fourleaf, what a great picture! I wrote a fanfic once where that vase she was carrying turned out to have been a gift for her from Zhantee. Seeing it shattered became symbolic for him-- it was at that moment that he realized it wasn't going to be he who Recognized her . . .

Kitt

You know I love that pic, FLC! :D

innie

Quote:
krwordgazer

I agree with you. I mean, her personality is wonderful, but I think it's more interesting if she still has to struggle to fit in, or if she has doubts, arguments with other elves,...
She's so balanced, wise and so in love with the world around her. Ofcourse, that's never a bad thing. But if even Strongbow is afraid to give his opinion because he idolizes Leetah... :D

ReenBladesong

[img:92ffc39b38]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y94/pcoquelin/EQ1/PC009_Leetah.jpg[/img:92ffc39b38]
You know,It was this one elf maiden and this pic that actually got me hooked on the quest...Back in the day...last year...my mum gave me a copy of The Forbidden grove to trial read for the school library she worked at.I was severely uninterested and-forgive my attention span-flicked through the first pages with a glassy eye.Then...she appeared.And Elfquest hit me like a ton of terracotta cubes.
Surprised
Whoaaaaa.
She is gorgeous.And so well drawn! And shes got a dagger and shes not afraid to use it!
I love chicks with deadly weapons and a vulnerable side to compromise. And occasionally, kick-all-a** magic powers!So how can I not adore Leetah? And Elfquest?
Im going to shut up now.Bugger.

Siwan

It's still drawn by Elfmom and Elfpop
their drawings are the best
nothing against the other drawers

joselle

Actually I don't think E-Pop draws much. Wink

[size=9:5980dd501e]could be wrong though.[/size:5980dd501e] Surprised

innie

Actually, he doesn't draw at all.
That's maybe the only thing in the comic industry he hasn't done at one point :)

emerald

[img:7343fc68a9]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b288/GillianNichols/farewellbeloved.jpg[/img:7343fc68a9] [color=#ff80bf:7343fc68a9]Farewell...[/color:7343fc68a9] :love:

Fourleafclover

[quote:d2b0511df0="Kitt"][color=green:d2b0511df0]You know I love that pic, FLC! :D[/color:d2b0511df0][/quote:d2b0511df0]

:mrgreen:

Kitt

[img:2196e04c96]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/99lala99/eq/request/request%202/greatesta.jpg[/img:2196e04c96]

[color=#666699:2196e04c96]...courtesy of [b:2196e04c96]Cactus[/b:2196e04c96]! :o[/color:2196e04c96]

Satiretto

[quote:b3282a100a="krwordgazer"]Lately, I've been finding Leetah just a bit too perfect. Especially in her responses in the Ask Elfmom forum. She's so wise and balanced that I can hardly relate to her any more. I'd like to see a trace of the temper she used to display. Or just a bit of her old stubbornness. . .[/quote:b3282a100a]

It seems to me that Leetah underwent a similar treatment as her dark reflection, Winnowill. Just like Winnie was turned into a mostly one-dimensional elvin-nemesis-by-default in later Elfquest issues, Leetah became the equally one-dimensional paragon of virtues. I liked them both better when there were still some more shades of grey to their personalities ;-).

Minouche

[quote:5300e8464a="Satiretto"][quote:5300e8464a="krwordgazer"]Lately, I've been finding Leetah just a bit too perfect. Especially in her responses in the Ask Elfmom forum. She's so wise and balanced that I can hardly relate to her any more. I'd like to see a trace of the temper she used to display. Or just a bit of her old stubbornness. . .[/quote:5300e8464a]

It seems to me that Leetah underwent a similar treatment as her dark reflection, Winnowill. Just like Winnie was turned into a mostly one-dimensional elvin-nemesis-by-default in later Elfquest issues, Leetah became the equally one-dimensional paragon of virtues. I liked them both better when there were still some more shades of grey to their personalities ;-).[/quote:5300e8464a]

Actually, in Rogue's Challenge, Winnie is quite insane, criminally insane even, but not unidimentional. She is in turns crafty, willful, playful...She seems, in her own way , to become increasingly sensitive to Rayek's love at the same time that he becomes increasingly vulnerable to her power. At the end (the stuff unfortunately not available in the Readers' Collection but only in the comics #29 & 30 of EQ2) she regains some sort of empathy and sympathy for other elves (Rayek and Ekuar).
For Leetah, I don't know, but she seems to be morphing into a Savah character and, yes, it makes her less lovable. I'd like to see her recognize again Cutter in a totally out of the blue manner and regain the wonder and the playfulness she seems to lack now.

lunakat

Well, she's dead... so I doubt there'd be a point in her recognizing anybody- much less Cutter.

Hmmm. I think I'd like to see her find peace. She's spent so many ages seeking revenge... it seems to me that her long-sought "freedom" would lie in giving up the struggle. I think I'd like to see her reunited with Voll in the Palace-- reconnecting with her lost love and rediscovering her old self.

that would be nice. Wink

NightAngel

Surprised

Leetah is dead?

Willowspring

[quote:77eea7eb68="NightAngel"]Surprised

Leetah is dead?[/quote:77eea7eb68]
*whispers* i think they mean Winnie

NightAngel

Uhu, but you never know!

I mean, Kahvi is dead too Unhappy

Willowspring

[quote:94159a5057="NightAngel"]Uhu, but you never know!

I mean, Kahvi is dead too Unhappy[/quote:94159a5057]
:crying:
shh... it too hard to believe

NightAngel

Uhu...every time I see Multimedea's banner, I try to refuse the news (hey, that sounds like a Red Hot Chili Peppers song;
[i:dde0339b32]My mouth fell open,
hoping that the news would not be true
Refuse the news[/i:dde0339b32] hehe)
..it's so confronting each time..

Okay sorry, this topic is about Leetah!

*zips mouth*[img:dde0339b32]http://comingout.nl/forum/images/smilies/ph34r.gif[/img:dde0339b32]

Minouche

[quote:2fb0ca80b8="lunakat"]Well, she's dead... so I doubt there'd be a point in her recognizing anybody- much less Cutter.

Hmmm. I think I'd like to see her find peace. She's spent so many ages seeking revenge... it seems to me that her long-sought "freedom" would lie in giving up the struggle. I think I'd like to see her reunited with Voll in the Palace-- reconnecting with her lost love and rediscovering her old self.

that would be nice. Wink[/quote:2fb0ca80b8]
Lunakat, I wished Leetah would re-recognize Cutter, not Winnie. There is a period between the two sentences.

Elsa

Another Leetah/Cutter recognition would be lovely, except that after Chitter's conception it would seem a bit strange if more old couples started having cubs.

I'd love for another Cutter cub though, preferably someone who leans toward's Leetah's gentle nature, but who is raised in the woods from birth. Or a completely strange, unpredictable creature.

Minouche

I was thinking that Leetah, like Strongbow, could bear un-stiffening a liitle: he was too uptight, she is becoming too lofty in her sainthood. Chitter is teaching her parents not only to bend, but also to enjoy it, so I was thinking a new cub would allow Leetah to come back down to day to day joys and frustrations and finally put to rest all of Cutter's nightmares.

NEXT PAGE