ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Ember

Kitt

A fiesty little cub who grew up to be a great chief. We watched her grow and change and come out a proud and great warrior, here's to Ember! :o

crescent1325

ember is a very dear character to me. i love how she can be a bubble head and still come off with very insightful suggestions.

PCoquelin

Such a pretty "tomboy"...

to :

and more ...

Kchaiya

Ember sure has grown up a lot over the course of the series, and it's been fun to watch! Who'd have guessed looking at the little tomboy the kind of things she'd have to face at such a young age, and with her father still alive! I love the chief she's become, and I'm really looking forward to the follow-up to the Recognition special!

ElfEmber

Is it just me or wasn't there another Ember thread here?

Anyways, I LOVE Ember. She was one of the first elves that I actually felt a connection to. It's hard to live up to your father and mother while let alone trying to figure out who you are. Not only has she lived up to them, she's past trying to. She's a wolfrider through and through, just as much as any wolfrider chiefs of the past. I hope that there will be more stories with her leading her tribe. I want to see how she has developed as a true chieftess.

Windrider

I was going through my flatfile searching for particular piece of old fanart and found others I thought I'd share. Here is a pencil sketch and the inked version of Ember riding Choplicker. It is part of a much larger illustration, which was to be one of two splash pages in my Warp submission packet which never got officially submitted. :D The larger sketch can be seen in the back of IABB.

emerald

Wow Windrider, you are unbelievably good! Do you have any hidden away sketches of Tyleet?? Wink If you do, do you mind posting them in her thread? :D Ember looks totally awesome in this pic!

Kitt

dewshine_lover_1

lol thats Ember..i love the color of her hair..

Willowspring

our pretty firehair!!!!

Blackbird

Seeing that pin-up pic makes me really hoping Wendy would do something with Ember after Discovery Surprised

Kitt

That would be awesome!! :D:D:D

crescent1325

as long as wendy is drawing it, ill be a happy camper

Tifa

Yay Ember! She is definitely my fave redhead! :D

My favorite stories with her were the ones where she lost her chief lock to Scouter, and how she got it back and all.... Not Wendy drawn, but still amazing! :D

Kitt

[img:4891a31690]http://www.elfquest.com/fan/sendings/images/leaderslot/eq01_2.jpg[/img:4891a31690]

PCoquelin

What if Ember ...

or ...

( unabashed "bump" )

Kitt

What if she got a horse and a long sword :?

crescent1325

i personally like that top ember...i always have...i dont know why...i think its the confidence that ember shows...

Kitt

I just noticed that she's got a bandage on her knee :? Aww...she's still a tombow Wink

krwordgazer

Here's an Ember story I wrote:

Chief's Cub: Illustrated Children's Story - Ember is five years old in this story, which takes place in the Sun Village just before the beginning of the First Quest. Illustrations are by Lunakat.

Myrth

[color=darkred:65f51bda9e]A sec ago i finnished reading your story about Ember
It is a wonderfull story
I really have to search for more of your writing :D
I think that you described Ember very good
It was much fun reading :D
[/color:65f51bda9e]

krwordgazer

Aww, thanks, Myrth!

If you want to find more, it's not hard-- there's a "Table of Contents" for fan fiction at the top of the Fan Fiction/Fan Art subforum. All my works, with links, are listed there. :D

Myrth

[color=darkred:3e072da285]Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :D
Ill sure will check it out when i have the time for it

(OOT:This morning i finished reading your 3 storys about Cutter
There also very very good I enjoyed them very much Wink ) [/color:3e072da285]

krwordgazer

It's always nice to get a new reader. Glad you're enjoying them, Myrth! :D

Blackbird

I just like Wendy-Ember, first of all fysical, her look is wrong, her hair is flat, no curls, and "real" Ember is very much a like Leetah.
Loved the pics from Discovery, nice look :)

Bp

I have the deepest respect for Ember...
I've like her since I and she was young, and through your teenyears, and on to the early adult years! A good friend in "another world" :D

Here is a couple of my favourite pix's with Ember:

[img:9dc83514f8]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/bp_girl_85/Ember3.jpg[/img:9dc83514f8]

[img:9dc83514f8]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/bp_girl_85/Ember7.jpg[/img:9dc83514f8]

And ofcause the pix on my avtar :)

Kitt

[color=red:f8c83b7d72]When did Ember's eyes change from[/color:f8c83b7d72] [b:f8c83b7d72][color=blue:f8c83b7d72]blue[/color:f8c83b7d72][/b:f8c83b7d72] [color=red:f8c83b7d72]to[/color:f8c83b7d72] [b:f8c83b7d72][color=green:f8c83b7d72]green[/color:f8c83b7d72][/b:f8c83b7d72][color=red:f8c83b7d72]??[/color:f8c83b7d72] :?

innie

Normally they are something between Cutter's eyecolour and Leetah's. I think its' supposed to be bluegreen

crescent1325

[color=indigo:599e94e8dc]yeah but that not a blue green...thats GREEN! Maybe the coloring artist didnt know???[/color:599e94e8dc]

Bp

Grin I hadn't notice that her eyes wasn't the same color... but yeah... And maybe it's something that happens when an elf becomes an adult, Surprised lol...

Kitt

[color=green:4b7842b943]Well, it looks like her eyes went through an evolution. In the beginning, they were just blue, then, in that Hidden Years shot, they're teal...then, later, they're just green! :? :P Tre bizarre! :P[/color:4b7842b943]

emerald

[color=blue:c3eb3e3be3]Yeah, Ember and Tyleet seem to have the same color eyes! :twisted: [/color:c3eb3e3be3]

Kitt

[color=red:7cfac73dc6][b:7cfac73dc6]*cracks knuckles*[/b:7cfac73dc6][/color:7cfac73dc6] Evil Grin

crescent1325

:rofl: **goes to bleachers to watch if a girl fight starts with Kitt and Emmie again!..heheheheh :twisted: **

CrescentElf

Her eyes are suppose to be blue green!

Willowspring

*chuckles* are we going to get into the fight of the eye color again... maybe they're like Tyleets... Hazel one minute... Green or good the next... Ember i know has teal eyes... but sometimes i think... its hard to keep track of all those colors and you stick with the simple :D

krwordgazer

Someone (I think it was Foxeye) once mentioned how when comics used to go to the printers, sometimes the colors got changed from the author's original intent. I think that with Photoshop, nowadays, this is no longer a problem. So it seems to me the best place to get the authoritative eye-color for a character is from the new Archive editions, Searcher and the Sword, or Discovery.

Foxeye

Unfortunately the same thing can happen with digital coloring if the color workflow isn't carefully managed. :( If you've ever drawn something and then printed it on your home inkjet, you know what I mean. Color management is a skillset all of it's own (and a rather daunting one, at that).

That said, I'm going to give DC the benefit of the doubt that they know their stuff, unless someone who has worked with them tells me otherwise. I've only seen DC-Ember so far in Discovery...it was blue with a hint of green there. What was she in the Archives?

valkerie

Hi Well here is My What if Sun village Princess Ember I hope that you all like it :)
[img:651bbfabf9]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/valkerie/Ember2.jpg[/img:651bbfabf9]

krwordgazer

Gorgeous!

(Ember: There is no way under the Moons I'm going to wear that, Wordgazer.

Wordgazer: Don't worry, Chieftess. Valkerie has imagined you in an alternate universe.

Ember: What in Timmorn's name is an . . . an altnerate oomiverse?

Wordgazer: Nothing for you to concern yourself about. This is a different Ember, in a different time and place, that's all.

Ember: Oh, very well. But I'm still not wearing the dress!

Wordgazer: Not even to make Mender happy?

Ember: Wellll. . . . Maybe. I'll ask Teir what he thinks.

Wordgazer: I'd imagine he'd think it was funny. Mender won't know what hit him!

Ember: (laughs) Maybe I will wear the dress, after all. . .)

Grin Grin

valkerie

Grin Grin Oh My Gosh that Made my Night, *huggles* thankyou :love:

CrescentElf

Wow She's so pretty...-squee-

sandamara

Valkerie, beautiful picture!
Wordgazer, I loved your story to go with it Grin

valkerie

XD thankyou crescentelf and Sandamara for the awesome compliments :)

jadestarwolf

[color=red:b9688bf775]~laughs at the awesomeness of you people~ Everyone's right, the art is awesome and the story.... it's priceless!

I don't know what's left to say, you guys have basically covered everything I had, lol. Oh well.[/color:b9688bf775]

Llynya

So.... has Ember's soulname been revealed yet?

I'm over here in England, just moved out here, and I'm finding it difficult to get EQ Comics.

Minouche

Kind of like Mooshade in the mothcloth dress. It's her yet it isn't

OnScream

ZOMG! I love the pic!! (it reminds me of the little mermaid though...XD)

and I don't think Ember's soul name has been revealed, I am SO looking foreward to it though.

Freefootgirl

Yay!!! Ember!!! (My alltime favorite character)

The thing I like about her is that she is no Mary-Sue. She's not perfect, and everyone knows that. It really bugs me when characters are so perfect.

-Freefootgirl

ElfTanner

[img:c7fc008054]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c50/ElfTanner/drawings/bf23a03e.jpg[/img:c7fc008054]

[img:c7fc008054]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c50/ElfTanner/drawings/817fe4e5.jpg[/img:c7fc008054]

Freefootgirl

Ooooooooooo! Beautiful. I especially like the second one. Nice coloring!

-Freefootgirl

Nightsea

Unlike the previous artists in this thread I'm not
so great with costumes. So this is a summer
huntress:

:P
--Nightsea

Freefootgirl

Ooooo hot Ember. Love it! :love:

-Freefootgirl

Treefox

This one is so great, Nightsea!

Nightsea

Thanks for the praise! I was a bit worried that
she is kinda more full figured than Ember is
usually drawn...no ultra skinny limbs here.
But she's proportional if not exactly elfin-thin.

I figure she's well fed after many summer hunts,
--Nightsea

LadyUsako

It's funny... I just read it all from page 1 - 4 and there it hit me with her eye-color... just today a girl asked me the same thing...

and I looked throgh my gallery of Ember pic and saw that even as a child her eye-color changed...

I also think her real eye-color is blue-green, but perhaps the color can seem blue or green depending on her surroundings and how the light falls on her forehead...

(I now my spelling is bad... so sorry if I spelled anything wrong :? )

But Ember is really one of my favourite female elfs... And I'm so sad that we here in Denmark don't publish the Wild Hunt... Unhappy

Treefox

Ah, I guess I can post my spring Ember art here as well. I'm surprised there are only 4 pages of Ember discussion. I'll always love her, because she so reminds me of a dear friend of mine.

LadyUsako

That's a pretty pic... :) I really like her hair...

I wish I could draw that well....

SulferGush

I really love Ember, and beautiful pics everyone!

Although I don't like how she (or anyone else) is drawn in Shadowstalker...
I have a question though and it's a bit off topic,

[img:e808e2262a]http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e273/GhostGurl8/ember06_-_HY_no4_-_20first_HY_outfi.jpg[/img:e808e2262a]

For those who have seen the full picture, who is the shadow next to Ember behind the beads?

Freefootgirl

I do believe it's Mender.

-Freefootgirl

SulferGush

Oh yeah, I can see how it is now. She made her big entrance, and then Mender came in and they were holding hands.

I can't wait till she gets recognized, I wonder who it would be with...

SulferGush

double post, sorry

Allura

I just found the cutest thing:

Ember and Mender as little kiddies!

Anyone ever notice that before?

Freefootgirl

Awww... cute!!

-Freefootgirl

Minouche

[quote:50be5257b9="Allura"]I just found the cutest thing:

Ember and Mender as little kiddies!
[img:50be5257b9]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/vaiya/Elfquest/MenderEmber03.jpg[/img:50be5257b9]

Anyone ever notice that before?[/quote:50be5257b9]
No, I hadn't. Can you point me to where it is?

Allura

Cry From Beyond. When they bring the Palace to the Sun Village and are celebrating. These two are in the background.

Minouche

Thanks, I'll look at it when I go home.

innie

I hadn't noticed that either, it's great! Thanks for posting it

Tifa

Gosh, that *is* cute! :love: :D

Timmain

Ember... def. one of my favorite characters. She's so... untamed.
And still, very mature when it comes to be the head of the pack.

I actually bought a picture of her hair when I had to get my own cut a few years ago... haha, I don't know what on Earth the poor lady must have been thinking :D
But well, that's the terms.

Treefox

Grin This is a great story, Timmain!
You don't happen to have any pictures how that hair turned out?

RedheadEmber

Yeah! I really like Ember! :D

She's a great chief but she still seem a little insecure at times!

Minouche

Well, she's young. I think she is maturing quite well and her sense of responsibility is on par with her father's.

RedheadEmber

I really like the way she handled the conflicts in her tribe during the shards war! I bet Cutter wouldn't have thought of speaking to Moonshade "as Crescent"!

And the "Teir-conflict" no one else trusted him but she followed her heart instead of her tribe members! And she was right!

Yep! One cool chick who still is a little insecure about her role as chief (at least as far I've read! Haven't read Wildhunt!)

krwordgazer

[quote:9a9a427dd2="Redhead Ember"]I really like the way she handled the conflicts in her tribe during the shards war! I bet Cutter wouldn't have thought of speaking to Moonshade "as Crescent"!
[/quote:9a9a427dd2]

Heh, heh. Hard to say. He's built a little wrong for the role. Wink

[quote:9a9a427dd2]And the "Teir-conflict" no one else trusted him but she followed her heart instead of her tribe members! And she was right![/quote:9a9a427dd2]

Wasn't it mostly Skywise who didn't trust him? At least at first? I thought the conflict between them was really well done.

Ember got her chieftainship tested by fire, that's for certain!

RedheadEmber

Didn't think of the part with the build! Grin

Nightsea

I hope this one comes out close to the colors I intend.
I used another monitor to adjust the image...my home
monitor is set much differently than the default.

Lemme know what you think,
--Nightsea

Arthis

I think it's your best work! I love it!!

Nightsea

Quote:
Arthis

I think it's your best work! I love it!!

Wow, really? *Big smiles*
I do wish that the practice has been
improving my skills.

Thanks!
--Nightsea

PS: On my home monitor, it is very dark and lacks intensity.
On monitors set more to the default (which seem to have more
red light) I hope it looks right!

krwordgazer

I agree that it's one of your best, Nightsea! :D

Nightsea

--Nightsea

Willowspring

OH Nightsea! Those are both beautiful!!!! i love the cute innocent but mischeif look on ember's face!

Nightsea

Quote:
Willowspring

OH Nightsea! Those are both beautiful!!!! i love the cute innocent but mischeif look on ember's face!

I can only take credit for the large face in the older posting.
The little one is borrowed: http://www.elfquest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=376154#376154

I am glad you liked them!
:)
--Nightsea

Jaretha

Quote:
Llynya

So.... has Ember's soulname been revealed yet?

I'm over here in England, just moved out here, and I'm finding it difficult to get EQ Comics.

Ok, this is coming really late, but I'm sortof a newcomer to the Scrolls and no one else has answered it yet.

Teir has twice called her "K'Chaiya", which I'm assuming is her soul name.

krwordgazer

Actually, Ember's soul name has not been revealed. When Teir calls her K'Chaiya, it's just a term of endearment, presumably meaning "Firehair." As they are not Recognized (not yet, anyway 8) ), he could not know her soulname unless she gave it to him, and there's no hint of her having done so.

Jaretha

Darn it... I was hoping/assuming since he only called her that twice, both times in a dreamlike state, that it DID mean they were destined to be recognized and that it was in fact her soul name. But Ember was so out of it during the once spoken time and once Sent time, that she just didn't realize he was saying it.

I was banking on the idea that they HAD recognized while she was dying of her injuries from the shapeshifters, but that bond had been removed by Teir losing both his powers and ability to send.

...maybe that's why they can't conceive now. Perhaps Recognition was sort of... canceled when Teir was severed from the leader of the shapechanged beasts...

Nightsea

Ember + metal:

Grin
--Nightsea

krwordgazer

Quote:
Jaretha

Darn it... I was hoping/assuming since he only called her that twice, both times in a dreamlike state, that it DID mean they were destined to be recognized and that it was in fact her soul name. But Ember was so out of it during the once spoken time and once Sent time, that she just didn't realize he was saying it.

I was banking on the idea that they HAD recognized while she was dying of her injuries from the shapeshifters, but that bond had been removed by Teir losing both his powers and ability to send.

...maybe that's why they can't conceive now. Perhaps Recognition was sort of... canceled when Teir was severed from the leader of the shapechanged beasts...

That's a very interesting theory, Jaretha. :D But I'm pretty sure the author has stated definititvely that "K'chaiya" is not Ember's soul name.

RedheadEmber

Quote:
krwordgazer

[quote:b9d88aa5c2="Jaretha"]Darn it... I was hoping/assuming since he only called her that twice, both times in a dreamlike state, that it DID mean they were destined to be recognized and that it was in fact her soul name. But Ember was so out of it during the once spoken time and once Sent time, that she just didn't realize he was saying it.

That's a very interesting theory, Jaretha. :D But I'm pretty sure the author has stated definititvely that "K'chaiya" is not Ember's soul name.[/quote:b9d88aa5c2]

Still you're not the only one being confused about it Jaretha... when I saw it after she'd been injured by the shapeshifters (when's the other time? :? ) I was just like "What did he call her?????"

Willowspring

Nightsea! thats a great pic of Ember in the steel...

Apogee

*Must... resist* Creating a character named Steel Bikini.... :D

Willowspring

go apogee!

Nightsea

There already *is* a character like that...
[img:a1cc76bcdc]http://bp3.blogger.com/_FR87g-YIx2s/RsUVJ3vR-EI/AAAAAAAACX4/ytUSpE38PUo/s400/wendy+pini+red+sonja+1976.JPG[/img:a1cc76bcdc]
(That is Wendy Pini as Red Sonja.)
Wink
--Nightsea

Willowspring

o.0 wowza!!

Apogee

Hehehe! :) Wow where'd you find that picture? Did you take that?! I know there have been one or two around printed in magazines but - cool. :D

Nightsea

Found it on the web at:
[url]http://nosmokingintheskullcave.blogspot.com/2007/08/overlooked-movies-red-sonja.html[/url]
:)
--Nightsea

Willowspring

i showed my mom and she went " DANG!"
i drooled

Nightsea

Yeah, Wendy sure could pull off that "she-devil with a sword" look.
Image I made from scratch of Red Sonja
(click for larger version):[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/Night_sea/viperpitqueen.jpg][img:e46d22dc7e]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/Night_sea/th_viperpitqueen.jpg[/img:e46d22dc7e][/URL]
I'd like to see Wendy draw Red Sonja sometime.
--Nightsea

PS: Sorry, Ember...your fellow redheads in metal took over.
Your warrior-skills need to grow to fight back.
[img:e46d22dc7e]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/Night_sea/mousekiller.gif[/img:e46d22dc7e]

Nightsea

Actually I bet Ember, like everyone, would be oh so
much more comfy in something soft...
(original image from commentbaby.com
with ember-if-ication by me!):
[img:d41895e2d7]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/Night_sea/rlember.jpg[/img:d41895e2d7]
Despite this image, which Wendy Pini did for Boskone XX &
I colored as if she were Ember (and redid the background):
[img:d41895e2d7]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/Night_sea/slayerofbears.jpg[/img:d41895e2d7]
*giggles*
--Nightsea

Embala

Ember - Blood of Eleven Chiefs

NEXT PAGE