ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Rainsong the Life-Bringer

Kitt

One of the most overlooked characters in the whole of Abode, Rainsong! What can I say, I love her! We only saw her in a handfull of panels, but, still, she really captured my heart. What can I say, I really love her! :love:

Arfurido

Heh heh heh, I could care less about Rainsong, but Woodlock is one sexy piece of hunk :mrgreen: I used to have Woodie avatars all the time about a year ago... now I'm really looking into getting one again!

The thing about Woodieboy is that he's barely in the story, and when he is, he's always shown as the protective father. But I think he can be quite the nasty lover :twisted:

Definitely one of the hunkiest elves of ElfQuest!!

Kitt

Honey, I wholeheartedly agree with you there! :o ...well, except the Rainsong, thing Wink

Willowspring

woodlock was sexy... but i think that Rainsong is a mother... Her children are her number one thing in her life and that makes her as strong as a warrior...

dewshine_lover_1

Thats right..!! oh..hahaha yeah i agree..mothers are often thought of as lazy..at least by some people i know. They obviously dont know how hard it is to raise children. Woodlock is quite handsome if i may say so myself lol

Willowspring

and they make the prettiest children

Kitt

Were you saying that Woodlock and Rainsong made the prettiest children...or that women in general make the prettiest children? :P

Willowspring

Quote:
Kitt

Were you saying that Woodlock and Rainsong made the prettiest children...or that women in general make the prettiest children? :P

would you believe me if i say both?

dewshine_lover_1

*snickers* silly kitt..im fairly sure she meant Woodlock and Rainsong. Grin

Kitt

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! Yeah, that's what I thought :P *huggles Willow* You silly thing :P

Willowspring

*huggles back* i know it Wink

Kitt

Quote:
dewshine_lover_1

*snickers* silly kitt..im fairly sure she meant Woodlock and Rainsong. Grin

I don't know, Dewy, I have my doubts Wink

dewshine_lover_1

I am in the greatest mood! I just love you guys!! you are so great! *Huggles kitt and willowspring!* have u been to my pic thread lately?

Willowspring

Quote:
Kitt

[quote:5b628d5d7d="dewshine_lover_1"]*snickers* silly kitt..im fairly sure she meant Woodlock and Rainsong. Grin

I don't know, Dewy, I have my doubts Wink[/quote:5b628d5d7d]
Grin :P brat

Kitt

Uh...speaking of threads, when was the last time you've visited MY thread? Evil Grin *growls angrily*

Kitt

Quote:
Willowspring

[quote:dfcaec512d="Kitt"][quote:dfcaec512d="dewshine_lover_1"]*snickers* silly kitt..im fairly sure she meant Woodlock and Rainsong. Grin

I don't know, Dewy, I have my doubts Wink[/quote:dfcaec512d]
Grin :P brat[/quote:dfcaec512d]

*sticks nose in the air and smiles sweetly*
Who, me? :P :twisted: :P

dewshine_lover_1

Actually..i do regularly..i dont always post..sowwy..i go now! :D

Willowspring

Quote:
Kitt

Uh...speaking of threads, when was the last time you've visited MY thread? Evil Grin *growls angrily*

*hides behind Petalwing* i have...

Willowspring

Quote:
Kitt

[quote:0315c102d5="Willowspring"][quote:0315c102d5="Kitt"][quote:0315c102d5="dewshine_lover_1"]*snickers* silly kitt..im fairly sure she meant Woodlock and Rainsong. Grin

I don't know, Dewy, I have my doubts Wink[/quote:0315c102d5]
Grin :P brat[/quote:0315c102d5]

*sticks nose in the air and smiles sweetly*
Who, me? :P :twisted: :P
[/quote:0315c102d5]
yes you Wink Grin

dewshine_lover_1

lol..k! I posted in your thread Kitt!! proud? hehehe u know u love me hehe oh ummm..i love rainsong and woodlock! (spamming sorry)

Kitt

*giggles* Oh dear. I fear we've spammed this thread beyond repair :P ...no, wait, I figured out how we can change this from spam to...something else! There are three of us, right?! Well, just call our banter that of three squabbling siblings...Newstar, Wing and Mender! :P ...I'm Wing :o And, by the way, I go to your thread everyday...both of you Wink The reason why I asked was because I fixed Fahrout's banner AGES AGO, but never got a response from you :crying:

Willowspring

*looks at dewy* who do you want to be? i dont care which...

I'll try to get some new art up for you to see Kitt... I promise!

Kitt

RAINSONG AND WOODLOCK!!! :o We need more Rainsong and Woodlock art Wink

Willowspring

Quote:
Kitt

RAINSONG AND WOODLOCK!!! :o We need more Rainsong and Woodlock art Wink

.*jumps* okay... i'll get on that...

dewshine_lover_1

I did notice when i signed on as him the other day..but im afraid i didnt know how long that had been..he doesnt get on anymore..but yes..we are the fighting siblings hehehe newstar? me?

Willowspring

okay... i'll be Mender.

Kitt

YAY! ...I'm the middle sibling...again :P Anyway, that goes for you, too, Dewy...you need to do some Woodlock & Rainsong art, too Wink

dewshine_lover_1

ill see what i can do..i am trying to do a picture for each character thread..if you havent noticed hehehehe

Kitt

I did...that's why there needs to be one for Woodlock and Rainsong :P

Willowspring

I drew Rainsong... She came out a bit more... sexy than i thought... but here she is

crescent1325

you know...just cuz you are the mother of three does not mean you cant be sexy...but that is a nice pic willow!

Willowspring

thanks!

joyleaf1

:D :D i love the rainsong pic, willowspring. great job!!! :clap: :love:

dewshine_lover_1

I drew a sexy lookin pic of rainsong last night..but i really need to fix her hands..i got frustrated last night and gave up lol it will be posted soon

Elsa

Aaaah I've been a Rainsong fan for a while now. She's just the sweetest, gentlest elf there is! I'd love to have her as a friend (or as my mommy!). It's a shame they turned her into this boring middle-aged background elf, with a big hat and boring clothes. She should have worn something much sexier once she got to Sorrow's End. I actually preferred her cute wolfrider leathers!

Also, the fact that her wolf-friend was the Alpha female was a great little detail in the storyline. I like the idea of this gentle mother riding a fierce, protective wolf (who was also the lifegiver of her pack.) Besides, it gave Silvergrace the advantage during the hunt to not have anyone riding her.

dewshine_lover_1

I am posting this picture only because i promised to draw one..but i absolutely hate it..it is not preportioned correctly at all..sorry guys. next time maybe my kids will let me be and i can concentrate lol

Kitt

Awwww...they're both lovely!! :o

Foxeye

Bumping thread to the top o' the list to let any Woodlock-philes know that he's begun to take a more prominent role in my fanfic [url=http://www.eqcrescent.com/fanfic/ripples.php]Ripples[/url]. Not much Rainsong in it, though, alas. :(

Kitt

[color=green:97942f16fe]Oh, I love your site! :D[/color:97942f16fe]

Foxeye

Which one? Grin I'm a bit of a site-o-holic....

Kitt

[color=green:eafcb1027b]Uh...the one where "Ripples" is :D[/color:eafcb1027b]

cactus

For Bluedepht:

[img:0feee97357]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/99lala99/eq/request/Woodlockfamily.jpg[/img:0feee97357]

[img:0feee97357]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/99lala99/eq/request/woodlockfamily2.jpg[/img:0feee97357]

[img:0feee97357]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/99lala99/eq/request/woodlockfamily3.jpg[/img:0feee97357]

Bluedepth

OMG! Surprised

how did i not notice this thread!?! :oops:

Thanks for the pics cactus!
*sigh* he looks so good *dreams away*

~Blue

Gazelle

Does anyone have colour pics of her outfit in KotBW???

EmberNightfall

They're actually not shown in KotBW, but they are shown in Cry from Beyond. Woodlock and Rainsong are both in tan and a kind of slate blue. To be more specific, Rainsong's top is blue and her skirt is tan with a blue accent at the bottom. Hope this helps. I'd scan the pic in...but i don't have a scanner. :(

Foxeye

They are also in the "beloved dead" group picture. There's a scan of that on this page, if that helps:

http://www.geocities.com/beloveddeads/beloveddead.html

cactus

[quote:c8723b853a]They're actually not shown in KotBW, but they are shown in Cry from Beyond.[/quote:c8723b853a]
Actually.. Cry from Beyond consists of KoBW part one to part four, so it's still KoBW :P .
[size=9:c8723b853a]Sorry.. I couldn't help it Grin .[/size:c8723b853a]

These are the outfits from KoBW :D . I stole them from Mirr's site :mrgreen:

[img:c8723b853a]http://mira.telepelwen.com/eq/eqlist/fashion/rainsong/rainsong07_-_kbw_no2_-_braided_hat_altered_vcut_top_and_skirt_and_sandals_s.jpg[/img:c8723b853a] [img:c8723b853a]http://mira.telepelwen.com/eq/eqlist/fashion/rainsong/rainsong08_-_kbw_no4_-_vcut_top_skirt.jpg[/img:c8723b853a]

EmberNightfall

Quote:
cactus

[quote:5e4556ba39]They're actually not shown in KotBW, but they are shown in Cry from Beyond.

Actually.. Cry from Beyond consists of KoBW part one to part four, so it's still KoBW :P .
Sorry.. I couldn't help it Grin .
[/quote:5e4556ba39]

That's a very good point, I don't think i realized that. I've always read them in GN form because that's what my sister had and what I bought. Thanks. :)

NightskyDarkstar

Okies I have a couple questions about this picture.

Firstly, does anyone know which of the Shanes & Shanes portfolios this was done in? I purchaced a "lot" of the plate prints and it said it came with extra prints, I ended up with the picture above aswell as 3 of the other portraits from that series. I have a full sleeve of the original Porfolio 3 so unless they all came with random pictures slid in them aswell Im pretty sure this didnt come with the 3rd portfolio. But honestly, I just dont know.

The other question is does anyone know whether thats Wing or Newstar that she is holding? She has the same hat with both children so I was just wondering if anyone knew for sure if it was either or. Im gonna guess though that only Wendy and Richard know the answer to that question for sure though.

krwordgazer

Wow. I have never seen that picture.

It's fantastic. Surprised

cactus

It's from the "A gallery of portraits" portifolio :D . The second one. It had eight colorplates like the one you've posted. I think most of them are posted somewhere in the requested pictures thread :D .
Here's the cover if you need it. Sorry it's so small. I only had one tiny and one huuuge pic Grin .

I don't know if it's supposed to be Wing or Newstar though. I've always assumed it's Wing. It hadn't even occured to me that it might have been Newstar until I read your post actually Grin .

NightskyDarkstar

Well I appriciate you telling me which portfolio it came from. What I got was a bunch of random prints from 2 sperate portfolios, in one of the mylar sleeves that is numbered but from which of the 2, I have no clue.

cactus

I'm not sure if this is of any help, but someone posted this in the requested pictures thread :D . This is all the prints that's supposed to be in that portifolio. So I guess that all the others belongs to the other portifolio.
I'm not even sure what I'm trying to say.. Or if I understood your post right. I guess it's time for me to go to bed now Grin .

NightskyDarkstar

I actually already knew where the other prints belonged, they belong to portfolio 3, which I already owned. So now I have quite a few duplicates.

From port3 I have extra's of 1-3 and 5-12. The reason I wasnt so sure if they belonged to the portfolio I just got extra's of or not is because the full set I have with the numbered sleeve and all came with extra printings aswell that I have no idea where they belong either.

cactus

:idea: Ohh, now I understand. I hope Grin .
The signed and numbered edition of the third portifolio comes with two more prints than the unsigned. One of Cutter&Leetah and one of Skywise.

NightskyDarkstar

Bingo, those are the extras that I got.

Treefox

When I post this for Woodlock, I guess I should do it for Rainsong as well:

Embala

Quote:

For Bluedepht:

Easter EggQuest 2012 found

Trollbabe

Where Rainsong got her hat.