Willowspring

he looks yummy!!! :D

nevaratoiel

Strongbow should have had face fur... look at the clothing. :P

But I agree, that smile is very nice. :D

Badger

Someone pinch me. Strongbow smiles!

krwordgazer

[quote:4b03a38664="nevaratoiel"]Strongbow should have had face fur... look at the clothing. :P

But I agree, that smile is very nice. :D[/quote:4b03a38664]

Nevaratoiel, since the scene is actually from a dream of Pike's, I think the issue of whether Strongbow should have face fur there or not is moot. This isn't the real Strongbow, but Pike's vision of him. :)

Speaking of the smile-- the best smile I've ever seen from Strongbow is in [i:4b03a38664]Discovery[/i:4b03a38664], greeting Chitter. The beginning of Issue 2, I think. It's already been posted here before, but. . .

[img:4b03a38664]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d36/joyleaf/page2asdew.jpg[/img:4b03a38664]

Another good Strongbow smile is in the [i:4b03a38664]Hidden Years [/i:4b03a38664]story "Right of Passage," when Ember jumps her wolf into the Palace. He's actually laughing out loud in that scene! Can anyone post that here?

NightAngel

I like his smile after his wolf-adventure, when Cutter is saying 'don't even think about that' or something like that.

ReenBladesong

In that dreamtime picture, strongbow still looks like hes had one too many....look where hes looking!

NightAngel

Haha nooo no, he is definitely looking at Moonshade ;)

Darkleaf

[quote:bfaa5bce9d="krwordgazer"]

Another good Strongbow smile is in the [i:bfaa5bce9d]Hidden Years [/i:bfaa5bce9d]story "Right of Passage," when Ember jumps her wolf into the Palace. He's actually laughing out loud in that scene! Can anyone post that here?[/quote:bfaa5bce9d]

Is this the one?

Darkleaf

This is one of my favourites of strongbow with Mooshade. :)

crescent1325

[color=indigo:abfc7e589a]same here. Now all we need is the Color version of that! *sigh*[/color:abfc7e589a]

Flowerstar

I don't have my Dreamtime comics, otherwise I'd gladly assist ... Darn, I think I have to bring my EQ stuff back here :? .

Darkleaf

I have never seen that one in colour :O must see it eventually

krwordgazer

RE: two pictures back:

YES! Darkleaf, that's the one! Thanks!

I love the way he's got his arm around Redlance there. Such a cute scene!

cactus

[quote:fb2cbda91a="crescent1325"][color=indigo:fb2cbda91a]same here. Now all we need is the Color version of that! *sigh*[/color:fb2cbda91a][/quote:fb2cbda91a]
I think I posted it somewhere in the Requested pictures thread...
*Goes to search*
Hmm... It wasn't there. I guess I dreamt that Grin .

Here it is :D :

[img:fb2cbda91a]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/99lala99/eq/request/request%202/strongbowmoonshade4.jpg[/img:fb2cbda91a]

Darkleaf

:bow: absolutely gorgeous. LOVELY. Thank you so much for posting this. :D

crescent1325

[color=indigo:3a901b5d61]makes me even more impatient to see the ones Melissa is sending me! *sits fidgeting*[/color:3a901b5d61]

Windwalker

Now I have this image in my head of Strongbow going 'Hee hee hee!' aloud.
I'm also wondering how he manages to straddle that wolf in leathers that short.

nevaratoiel

I don't think he was really hee-hee-ing there. :P Strongbow just doesn't hee-hee. That's so not Strongbow...

Minouche

[quote:15f6486a20="nevaratoiel"]I don't think he was really hee-hee-ing there. :P Strongbow just doesn't hee-hee. That's so not Strongbow...[/quote:15f6486a20]
Oh, come on, I think he is stuffy, but he isn't so emotionally constipated that he cannot have a laugh at his much put upon chief.

Windwalker

The 'hee hee' bubble is right by him.

krwordgazer

True, Wind Walker, but the laugh bubbles don't have the little tails on them that connects them to any one person. The intention may have been to simply show general sounds of laughter throughout the tribe.

I just can't picture Strongbow going "hee hee," either. He may laugh aloud, but giggle? Surprised He'd shoot me for even suggesting it! Grin

crescent1325

[color=indigo:b34e8b8961]Yeah, his facial expersion to me looks more like he is chuckling then "hee hee" as compared to Redlance.[/color:b34e8b8961]

Windwalker

I know what the general intent was, I just like picking on Strongbow. In all honestly I think he was sort of laughing, but it was quiet, y'know? Like his shoulders were shaking and he was gasping for breath, but no sound.

innie

Isn't there also a scene of Strongbow laughing out loud in the OQ, when Petalwing says he can show Lord Voll the way to the palace?

nevaratoiel

I don't know about that scene. I'd have to look it up.

*snooooooooooort!*

krwordgazer

I checked it. Strongbow is not shown in that scene-- it's One-Eye who is laughing.

Windwalker

He was snerking on the inside though.

WindDancer

[color=indigo:9e2a1bcfdc]the very first issue that intro-ed me to EQ was #25 or the original series in colour. my first intro to Strongbow was just 5 pics. the first was when Cutter is down, wounded and Skywise is hollering for Leetah. in the corner is Strongbow holding another elf, wounded (little did i know at the time that it was his lifemate). the next pic i see of him is, he's bandaging that elf's arm in the Go-Back den. the third pic i see of him is when the Wolfriders gather to howl the loses they have suffered. my last two encounters was when him and Briarsting are near the Deer pens and a Go-Back is telling him the wolves can hunt the wild ones, but to stay away from the pens. he says, '[b:9e2a1bcfdc]I[/b:9e2a1bcfdc] was in a cage once. I hated it. So would Briarsting.' and when he sends to Redlance to make him a bow off a tree.

when he talks of being caged, that was when I feel in love with him. I knew nothing else of him for a long time (took me a while to convince my mother to get me more at the time), but just those few pics, and I was hooked.

i have yet to read anything past Hidden Years mid-way. but i sure hope to collect all the Graphic novels soon as i can convince my local comic shop to get them. i've tried pointing them in the direction of EQ.com lol as a possible way to order them for me. :roll: [/color:9e2a1bcfdc]

crescent1325

[color=indigo:01158ee489]Hey, Winddancer. I wrote a fanfic about Strongbow being in the Cage, from his POV if you wanna check it out its right here----->[/color:01158ee489][url=http://www.elfquest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3742&start=0]Caged[/url]

WindDancer

[color=indigo:38fa3bf93c]cresent1325, that was beautiful. thanks. a wonderful grasp of Strongbow's personality.[/color:38fa3bf93c]

nevaratoiel

I thought it to be a really nice try. Only, I felt like you were speeding through the scene. Like it all happened in the blink of an eye. Not really a going deeper into the scenes we read in the comics and novel.

Trollbabe

I still don't understand why, with all the bears in the woods at any given time, Strongbow didn't just say, "To heck with it, I will go hunt bear even if I get a whipping for it."

Scene: Goodtree's Rest holt, during the time that Bearclaw is chief but Cutter has not been born yet. Strongbow is a toddler.
Strongbow: "Wah shoop BAYeh! Wah shoop BAYeh!"
Catspajama: "What did he say?"
Bearclaw: He says he wants to shoot bear. No way, Cub. Only I, Chief Bearclaw, hunt the bear.

Scene: Two turns of the seasons later. Favorable weather has produced an abundance of fruit and fish. The bear population has quadrupled.
Rillfisher: Puckernuts! I can't get anywhere near my fishing spot. It's crowded with bears swatting fish out of the water.
Treestump: No dinner for us! Someone swiped our pic-a-nic basket!
Strongbow: Wanna shoot bear.
Moosemuffin: For Timmorn's sake, let him hunt the bear already.
Bearclaw: No! Only I, Bearclaw, hunt the bear. As soon as I finish taking a good long nap (sips dreamberry shnapps and rolls over in chaise lounge.)

Scene: The following winter. Abodean highway department is bulldozing bear carcasses off the freeway. Strongbow has a toy bow and is shooting bolts at his teddy bear.
Strongbow: Heck with this. No matter what Chief Killjoy says, I am going to hunt the bear. (Stalks off and hunts bear.)

innie

He did go hunt bear, which ended with him being chased by it, and sending for Bearclaw's help. And then he got whipped. Lesson was that he wasn't capable at that time to hunt bear. Only 400 years or so later was he alowed to watch Bearclaw hunt bear, because Bearclaw finally understood someone else had to learn it too.
All in all, it took eons for Strongbow to prove he could come with Bearclaw. And only because Joyleaf had persuaded Bearclaw.

micinjensue

It was Strongbow who seduced me into picking up my first EQ comic way back in the ... mid eighties I think. Just read WindDancer's encounter...seems kind of amazing that she/he? (sorry don't know) picked up EQ around the Troll ambush scene when Cutter is mortally wounded and later of course Strongbow is mentioning how he was in a cage before and didn't like it... I started EQ with that cage scene, when the Wolfriders were trapped in blue mountain and my very first introduction to those incredible characters was with Strongbow (yummy Strongbow) in a cage being tortured by Winnie... To say the least I quickly found all the comics I could and then lucked out by finding the four Starblaze GN's so that I didn't need to wait to find out what happened next---much to impatient is Mi.

Strongbow has probably been my uttermost favorite character from the start...he's just so sexy, and smoky and silent. Though it is a treat to see him smiling ruefully at Chitter...and actually using his voice.

Mi

WindDancer

That is interesting micinjensue. I had riffled thru that first comic to see if i even wanted it, and was quickly trying to hunt for more. Sadly, they didn't have any otheres. And every time I went into a used book store I would look for them. Until I discovered our local comic shop and became good friends with the owner. He used to find me all the back issues. *grins*

I totally understand what ya mean by impatient. That's me as well. Unfortunately, I'm so far behind in the story line it's rather shameful for an EQ fan Unhappy

Oh, and I'm a female :P

spiritdetectivegirl

Quote:
Darkleaf

[quote:43bd075eae="krwordgazer"]

Another good Strongbow smile is in the Hidden Years story "Right of Passage," when Ember jumps her wolf into the Palace. He's actually laughing out loud in that scene! Can anyone post that here?

Is this the one?

[/quote:43bd075eae]

I loved that! Cutter was STEAMED beyond resoning,it'a a classic moment,a kodac moment.^^ Grin

Minouche

see? when I told you he wasn't completely constipated and had a sense of humour.... Wink

elf_queen_vik

ahh strowng bow, my second love. yes i hate to admit it my first was bearclaw. but i still love strowngbow for his awsume hottness and his love of his familey.

Nightsea

I know they don't look quite right yet, but I think I'll
just post my attempt at putting this pair into a night
scene with "little star cousins" here for now.

Helpful art tips appreciated.

[img:a415dfc3d9]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/Night_sea/starcousinstake2.jpg[/img:a415dfc3d9]

May You See Many Moons,
--Nightsea

nevaratoiel

Is it ok if I use that picture for my Strongbow site?

Nightsea

Anyone who wants to can use the image for anything.
I know most folks who make fanart have conditions
for use, but I'm fairly happy just to know it pleases.

I only ask that you don't rely on my photobucket
link, but instead take the image to your own space.
I never trust those freebie web image hosts for long,
as they tend to go 404.

I'm flattered whenever someone likes my efforts!
Feedback of all kinds is always welcome.

I love to visit other sites with fanart and such, so if
your URL isn't in your sig or someplace obvious, a
PM would be fantastic, though of course not required.

I don't have a dedicated site for a linkback, sorry.

Oh, and you might like the image in the Zodiac thread
of Strongbow The Archer too. Or not...totally up to you!

*Smiles*
--Nightsea

nevaratoiel

Thanks. :)

I wasn't going to use it directly from your photobucket account anyways. I have my own space on the site. It's ok that you don't have a site to link my site on.

And my URL to my Strongbow site is in my signature.

Nightsea

Better? What do you think...

[img:a0518428ab]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/Night_sea/thestarcousinsagain.jpg[/img:a0518428ab]

*More Smiles*
--NS

Kriss

Yummy - love all the pictures you have posted in this chat. He is SO hot XO

Strongbow is on one hand a very simple person, but on the other hand he got a lot of 'issues' which has an influence on him. The loss of his first chief Bearclaw (like a father), Dart's decision of staying in Sorrows End instead of following 'the way' etc.

I admire him for letting Dart choose his own path and I LOVE him for challenging Cutter once in a while. I hate stories where the hero's followers have no will of their own.

nevaratoiel

I usually hate the heroes in stories. I usually like the ones that have a good heart, but often initially are portrayed as the bad guy. I like rebellious, spirited ones, not afraid to argue and challenge their leaders.

[Deleted User]

*finally decides to drop into this thread*

I'm going to keep this short and simple and sweet.

I just love it when he sulks and/or snarks. He's so cute when he's being surly.

I know, it's silly. :3

nevaratoiel

Quote:
Kojiyumi

I just love it when he sulks and/or snarks. He's so cute when he's being surly.

I know, it's silly. :3

Not silly. I love him the most too when he's surly. :D

[Deleted User]

:)

nevaratoiel

NICE! :D

krwordgazer

Cool wall, Kojiyumi!

New Strongbow & Moonshade fanfic:

Archer's Return

[Deleted User]

Arigato K-okaasan! (although part of me wants to get this li'l fella to hang on it, too... Hey, I didn't say it was the NORMAL part...)

Awww... I love that story so, so much! Sweet beyond words. *snoogle*

nevaratoiel

krword, I'm so going to add that one to the site if that's alright with you!!

krwordgazer

Thanks, Koji! :D (Eyes toy rabies germ warily) Surprised

And Nev-- you are certainly welcome to! :D

krwordgazer

And another new Strongbow story:

[url=http://www.elfquest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=334826#334826]Spring Cleansing[/url]

nevaratoiel

Wonderful. :)

Synesthesia

Is it just me or does this man

Kaoru of Dir en grey look like Strongbow?
He's just my favourite elf ever.

Minouche

Wow! Surprised He does, but he barely looks like a he. I guess that's what happens with elfin looks on a human.

JadeOwl

It's also the eyemakeup... but I agree, very Strongbow. Surprised

Nowth

It's also the being Asian. Sometimes they just have one hell of a headstart there, I think.

And I agree.

nevaratoiel

From that angle he looks very nice. It's the nose that's like Strongbow...

Songflower

That guy is juuuuuuust lovely! Yummmmm. He does look like Strongbow in that pic. He looks like Young Strongbow from Wolfrider, if you ask me.

Songflower

Oops, don't know how that post got repeated...

Synesthesia

Here he sort of looks like my icon.

He even has face fur on his chin too...

SUNMARK

Yes he does

Synesthesia

Strongbow is so spiffy. I've liked him since the summer of 2001, which was the worse summer ever where in between looking for a job I'd read Elfquest.
Normally I dislike conservatism, it drives me insane, but you've got to love an elf whose idea of being conservative and tradition is making love in trees and hunting.
Yes, he's a stubborn fellow, but he has such expressive eyes that show his emotions clearly. And he knows who he is.
I loved the way the Sun Folks were scornful of Dart as their self-defence teacher, but Strongbow growled and defended his son. And Dart had the cutest "that's my dad" sort of smile. I love the way he cares for his cubs and lifemate, the way he hates the changes Cutter has made, but stands by his chief because he's earned his trust. Also in SatS he wasn't just concerned about Dart, but Shuna too, even though he seems to find her annoying, but he was the first one to ask, "Shouldn't we make sure she's ok?"
Also I love the story where he went to help his wolffriend. I want to see more stories about him because he's just my favourite elf in the whole series.
Also he looks like Kaoru and I like Kaoru.

Nightsea

The newest image of Strongbow at the Cafepress website
is cool! I like the "strong silent type" text.

I think Wendy's series of Masque of the Red Death
has a Strongbow-look-a-like "prince" character...
but Strongbow will always be the original and best, IMHO.

Has that Strongbow image been around and I've just
finally seen it? Or does someone know if it is newly
made?

I'm going to check on the cafepress thread now...so
if my answer is there then just disregard my question
here, ok?

:)
--Nightsea

Synesthesia

I got to try not to buy that sweatshirt. I love that guy, but i am trying my hardest to save money and to NOT pimp my computer too much and to not buy stuff that says Dir en grey on it, but folks are making it difficult!

nevaratoiel

I love that Strongbow drawing for T-shirts...

I might even buy one. :D

Moonswolf94

I've always liked him not talking! Does that make sense?? He just looks so...... mysterious. :)

But i do love how Chitter makes him talk. Grin

krwordgazer

A new Strongbow-Chitter story. I credit Foxeye with this one. :D I happened to be looking at her art for the fanart calendar for July, and the image of Strongbow and Chitter asleep together dropped this story, whole-cloth, into my mind:

Dew and Mist

Faerie_Speak

I have a new appreciation for Strongbow and now he's easily one of my favorite, favorite characters. I read the online comics they have up here, the one where Strongbow goes after his wolf-friend? It tore my heart; he was awesome! I admire his character a lot more now, I think he's fantastic. Especially with what I've seen with Chitter (the cutest cub ever).

I always liked Moonshade; (out of the Wolfriders, my two favorite females are Nightfall and Moonshade), so now I really like her mate, too.

Which leads me to want this on a t-shirt now:

Strongbow & Moonshade-- Forget shooting for the stars, aim for the moon.

Siwanll

[color=red:4371677192][size=18:4371677192]Beware![/size:4371677192][/color:4371677192]

[color=red:4371677192]Naked

[url=http://th07.deviantart.com/fs40/300W/i/2009/042/5/5/Strongbow_by_Siwanll.jpg]Strongbow[/url][/color:4371677192]

midnightmoon

i LOVE strongbow!! i like the silent type Grin

spiritofthewater

I have already posted this once, but the drawing is so good that I guess it is OK to post it another time.

Embala

Anytime, spirit! :D

Vang

Strongbow has really grown, and grown on me. Was it in "Dreamtime" that Strongbow and Moonshade had the task of disciplining Skot and Krim? That was a spectacular bit of development, and let us see how Cutter has learned to value this pair for the ideals they embody.

Count on Strongbow to tell Cutter what he needs to hear, even when others won't. And to stick to the necessary task in spite of potentially tempting distractions (see me thread, [url=http://www.elfquest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5891]Cutter's Smoldering Regard[/url], in the Hidden Years forum - and notice it is Cutter who feels a need to look away first!)

I actually think Strongbow is the most attractive male Wolfrider (with Clearbrook winning for female). I preferred him beardless, but the face-fur doesn't look bad on him either. I was much more alarmed by the colorist's decision to make his hair purple... but I got past that after a few frames of story. Like brown better.

nevaratoiel

I don't think it was intented to be purple. Maybe it just came out that way with the type of colouring they used. Yeah, it came out wrong. But hey, it's a comic. Colours are often off.

MysticalChicken

In the few instances where Strongbow speaks, in my head, he sounds like Harvey Fierstein. Not when he sends, though. I haven't figured out a "voice" for his sendings yet.

Icemoon

this is neavaratoiel's request of moonshade and strongbow ...
I post it here, I hope it's okay, nevartoiel !
*warning ... a little nude

nevaratoiel

I love it. I think I've seen it before, and will add it to my site, when I get to updating.

Oh, and Nev or Neva is fine (Nicole too :) ). Nevaratoiel is such a pain to write everytime...

Icemoon

okay, neva ^^

Embala

It's lovely as always, Icemoon - tasteful and tender :heart:

Willowspring

awww thats a beautiful scene :o

mournsong

Wow, that's really nice... I love how you always draw these little scenes, not just the characters. :D

Icemoon

yay !
thanks !!!!
I'm happy you all like it ^^ :D

Embala

more Lovemates

NerdAtWork

dmn cool guy

CrimsonAnna

As I read OQ as a kid there I wasn't a very big fan of Strongbow. This has come farther on as I read it again on this site. The two turning keypoints are
1. When Strongbow pats Cutter´s shoulder and says "That's right. No lets find your pup" No "I told you so" just a plain "that's was then, this is now"

SPOILER "WOLFRIDER" and "DISCOVERY"

Cover

Your

eyes

unless

you
wish
to
know

2. The tenderness he's showing his daughter. His calm when teaching Crescent to use a bow and arrow, his cry of terror and grief when losing her and last, him taking care of Chitter. It's so sweet when the little sunshine as him to stop "think-talk" and he actually does so. It's so adorable. :oops: :) :heart: So heartwarming to see this strong, silent fighter melt to a puddle:)

Faerie_Speak

His intensity and passion is quiet but it's there. I love how he is with his children and his lifemate. Even if the reader can't always agree with him, he's just such a great character.

Tenderfoot

I'm writing Medieval EQ stories in the Grab bags, and in one of the stories, Strongbow plays a big part. I'll just put a few links here.

The Iron Burden - Part 1

The Iron Burden - Part 2

The Iron Burden - Part 3

The Iron Burden - Part 4

The Iron Burden - Part 5

There!

Embala

it's partly here already ... that's the complete pin-up calendar pic :)

nevaratoiel

Quote:
Tenderfoot

I'm writing Medieval EQ stories in the Grab bags, and in one of the stories, Strongbow plays a big part. I'll just put a few links here.

The Iron Burden - Part 1

The Iron Burden - Part 2

The Iron Burden - Part 3

The Iron Burden - Part 4

The Iron Burden - Part 5

There!

Oooh, I missed that last part. Immediately added it to my site. :D

Tenderfoot

Quote:
nevaratoiel

[quote:a0aac647bd="Tenderfoot"]I'm writing Medieval EQ stories in the Grab bags, and in one of the stories, Strongbow plays a big part. I'll just put a few links here.

The Iron Burden - Part 1

The Iron Burden - Part 2

The Iron Burden - Part 3

The Iron Burden - Part 4

The Iron Burden - Part 5

There!

Oooh, I missed that last part. Immediately added it to my site. :D[/quote:a0aac647bd]

Yay! :D

nevaratoiel

:D

I've been so busy that I've been totally neglecting my site. So if anyone has art or fiction, I'd love to hear about it here, or send me a PM. I'm too busy at the moment to snoop around for it on the forum. :)

spiritofthewater

Comics Buyer Guide #487

Embala

I love to see my favorite, too Happy Very "protective mode"!

Easter EggQuest 2012 found

WolfMoonSky

He shoot and...score!!!

Nice young Strongbow!!Smile

Thornbrake

Fan art of Strongbow in the desert that I did back in 1990 when I was a freshman in high school.

WolfMoonSky

Thornbrake!! That is one awesome drawing you got here!!

NEXT PAGE