ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Krim!

emerald

I'm suprised no one has made a thread of her yet. Krim is my favorite female Go-back. I loved that she went with the wolfriders back to their holt after the war. I would too if I were her! She has the F*%# you attitude and I adore her for that! :love: She's lifemated two, count em T-W-O male lifemates! :P I totally envy her! Let's give her Kudos on being so awesome!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Kitt

You know, you're right :o I like Krim, too!

emerald

[size=29:eca5e435a2]YAY!!! [/size:eca5e435a2] :thumbsup:

Leanan

Krim rocks. The most go-backish Go-Back imaginable...

Kitt

...she is more of a Go-Back than Kahvi, now that you mention it :?

Leanan

Kahvi: "I'm a wolfrider. The oldest wolfrider there is! I'm Two-Spear's bloody daughter!"

Kitt

*nods* YUP!!! :?

Leanan

..the more I look at that lovely pic of dancing Krim up there...

The more I wonder: what exactly is the function of a fox tail fastened to the shaft of a spear? I suppose it's meant to be decorative, but, well, it doesn't look very stylish, just weird... :roll: those Go-Backs and their idea of style...

Kitt

*chuckles* I didn't even notice it until just now :P It is kinda goofy :P

crescent1325

i study Karate. And the reason for the foxtail is simply. When you are fighting someone with a spear and you attach something to the tip, say a piece of brightly colored cloth, or in this case a foxtail, your oppenants eyes will be caught by the color and get distracted, giving you oppritunity to strike. Greatly increasing your chances to get away from a fight alive. ..well thats what i was taught anyways. Seems to make sense in this scenerio too cuz gobacks are warloving ppl and would always be fighting...maybe they figured that worked too!..

Oh yeah..i love Krim too...she is a kick ass chick who does what she wants when she wants....i love the fact that she could keep two male lifemates and still maintain her Attitude and not become the submisive girl.

Kitt

Ah, I see. Thank you, Crescent :D

crescent1325

welcome as always :)

Kitt

[color=green:73960c4023]I like her in this pic...and poor little Chepair :([/color:73960c4023]

[img:73960c4023]http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/7681/skotfamilyii1il.jpg[/img:73960c4023]

cactus

Me toohohooo. But it's so sad :crying: ... Poor little Chepair. He almost looks like a doll there. I don't really "get" Krim. I guess she's a bit too much for me Grin .

But I love this pic of her though. Look, she's smiling Surprised :
[img:8d004cbf98]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/99lala99/eq/request/krim.jpg[/img:8d004cbf98]

And Crescent, that was interessting :D . I had no idea.

Fourleafclover

I really like her in that last picture but never liked her in her shoulderless "Moonshade" blouse.... I always felt like it was too dainty a style for her.

And her hair! How does she do her hair? Surprised

crescent1325

[quote:18f30ba263="Fourleafclover"]I really like her in that last picture but never liked her in her shoulderless "Moonshade" blouse.... I always felt like it was too dainty a style for her.[/quote:18f30ba263]

[color=indigo:18f30ba263]really? i like it...she kinda looked Vampy to me in it...fit her to a tee for me.[/color:18f30ba263]

[quote:18f30ba263="Fourleafclover"]And her hair! How does she do her hair? Surprised[/quote:18f30ba263]

[color=indigo:18f30ba263]probally tree sap...great substitute for gel...lol.[/color:18f30ba263]

Tifa

I absolutely LOVE her hair! She's just a bit different from the wolfriders... just like her personality! :D

Trollbabe

I wouldn't start a character thread on an Elf that barely existed, but what if Cheipar had lived? What type of character would he be?

Elf, Troll and human child mortality is probably high, but the it's such a sad subject that the stories don't dwell on it.

When the elves adopted Patch, at least they knew from the start that humans don't live that long.

joselle

well, to be perfectly honest the Wolfriders wouldn't dwell on it: and the Go-Backs....well, they're the tribe the highest death-rates anyway. No time to waste for the dead, think about the living. f

I'd imagine it would be muc more tramatic for a Sunvillager to loose a newborn.....plus with Cheipar, it sounded like they knew this was comming: "he was weak from the beginning"..."wrong time to breed"....ect.

nomad-human

I don't think that Krim does her hair so much as that her hair happens.

I've always quite liked Krim in that there's my soul sister kind of way, or maybe it's envy. I don't know. Anyway she's sexy, strong, unashamed of who and what she is and all woman. There's a lot to admire about that package, self acceptance and all that.

dewshine_lover_1

[img:976578368b]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/lilpeach192001/Krim1.jpg[/img:976578368b]

sorry its so big..you can see the lines that i couldnt erase..but here she is :oops: :oops:

crescent1325

[color=indigo:743e513c9e]O, im loving her, She looks just like her!![/color:743e513c9e]

krwordgazer

Good points, Nomad. And good picture, Dewshine! :D

CrescentElf

I like Krim,
I think she'd have made a better leader than Kahvi. I like Kahvi in that I am a warrior princess sort of way too...lol, but Krim just struck me as better for the job.

Trollbabe

I think this picture is terrific! Any art training?

With names like "Krim" and "Khavi", eventually there will be an Elf named "Starbuck's"... :D

dewshine_lover_1

Ive had a little, but not in the sence that i would have liked. I learned the bodies on my own..still have a lot to learn!!

here is the latest Krim picture i have done, by request from Crescent1325..preggers krim.

[img:cf1ad07861]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/lilpeach192001/preggerskrim.jpg[/img:cf1ad07861]

Gazelle

OMG, that looks GREAT!!!!! I love the materity outfit! Exactly as I would have imagined her. Really.

OMG, big thought. You know with the Go-Backs females being very fertile and all the 'Dances' they do, do any of you think it's possible Krim had another child before Cheipar and Sust. Maybe not even with Skot! Surprised

dewshine_lover_1

thanks and yeah im sure she probably did.

crescent1325

[color=indigo:861c302837]i wouldnt doubt it. i mean their was tons of kids at that lodge...who knows whose was whose![/color:861c302837]

crescent1325

[color=indigo:df9d721289]And here is krim all happy colored and all! Lines by Dewy, Colors by Gazelle!

[img:df9d721289]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j275/11britke/DewyspregnantKrimcoloured.jpg[/img:df9d721289]

I am soooooooo glad that we get to see her preggers! **does happy dance**[/color:df9d721289]

emerald

[color=blue:c785ef1504]I love your version of Preggers Krim! So awesome! [b:c785ef1504]*Huggles Dewy!*[/b:c785ef1504]

Love the colors too, Gazelle![/color:c785ef1504]

Gazelle

Thankie!

SueB

Love the artwork! Very nice!

Just wanted to ask-has anyone else ever noticed that in one of the last panels of the fourth Elfquest book, where Skot and Krim are accompanying Cutter and co. to their new home after the first quest, Krim seems to be drawn as a *male* elf?

I'm thinking of that last scene where they're all walking through the woods, and we see the two Go-Back elves at the rear of the group. One's turned towards the reader and sort of smiling, and from the hair and facial features, I'd say it's very clearly Skot (it sure isn't Krim, at least it looks nothing like the Krim we're familiar with).

The other Go-Back has his/ her back turned to the reader, and I'm guessing it's got to be Krim, but the torso and hips are rather - actually, very - masculine. It doesn't look like any of the Wolfrider elves, and judging from the fur-trimmed costume and spear, I'd say we're meant to assume it's a Go-Back.

Krim isn't seen clearly at any other point in the saga before this (at least not that I found), so maybe originally she was a guy?

Just wondering if anybody else saw this, or if I'm just cracking up! :)

Sue :)

cactus

This pic?

[img:f298a1ec1f]http://mira.telepelwen.com/eq/eqlist/fashion/krim/krim02_-_eq1_no2_norwegian_ed_s.jpg[/img:f298a1ec1f]

An you're not the only one SueB :D . She looked rather "manly" there. It was discussed briefly in the "costume change" thread.

SueB

That's the one, [b:0f8bba5d53]Cactus[/b:0f8bba5d53], thanks! :D

Now, to me, there's nothing even remotely feminine about that image. The very broad shoulders, wide chest, narrow hips, somewhat beefy hands, all look completely masculine. Krim's a pretty tough gal, but she ain't so tough she looks like a guy!

I think what happened is that originally Krim was male - I don't imagine a lot of thought went into the decision then, because he/ she only really shows up in this one image. I could only find one other image of Krim in the first quest story (the scene where they tell Khavi they're going off with the Wolfriders), and it's from so far away and the figure is so tiny that telling the gender is pretty much impossible. He/ she really isn't even a character, aside from being named; Skot, at least, has a line when he's healed by Leetah after geting shot in the hip with an arrow.

I'm not saying the Pinis were careless in their planning, just that Krim wasn't a major character, and the gender was unimportant when there were lots of other decisions that needed to be made. If there was no sequel planned when the last panels were drawn, they likely saw little reason to pin down Krim's gender, because the character wasn't going to be used any further.

Then the sequel plans began, and at some point between stories it was decided that things would work better if there was one male and one female Go-Back in the group, rather than two males. Krim's a gender-neutral name and can go either way, fortunately! And things went from there.

Just some speculation! I could be wildly wrong, of course! :D In any case, I'm still pretty firmly convinced that the Elf in the above image is male.

Sue :)

Nowth

You don't wanna know!

No, wait... you're a mom. You've seen it all already. In that case I'll admit I have no idea.

edit: I think that message belonged somewhere else.

Hee Hee HA HA !!

Prism

She may look butch in that picture, but there's a slight womanly outline. Such as a bustline, and that heavy fur may've bulked her up. In fact an earlier picture shows Krim as female but somewhat butch, It was in the issue titled "The GoBacks".

Gazelle

Oh, can you post a pic?

SueB

I'd love to see a pic too, please! I don't have my copies of the first quest books handy (they're at my sister's house) so I haven't had a chance to see if anybody who looks like Krim is in any of the other panels. I just remember the panel with Khavi talking to them...

cactus

[quote:692e8aa23b] I just remember the panel with Khavi talking to them...[/quote:692e8aa23b]
Yes, that's all I remember too. And I even spent a lot of time searching for pics of her when I was making the costume change thing :oops: Grin .
*Goes to check "the Go Backs" issue*

Windwalker

Krim is cool. She's a 'normal' elf. No fancy shmancy powers, she's not ultra pretty, no grand quests, none of that. I can identify with her. Sometimes she wants to have a good time, sometimes she's so p.o.'d she could kick something (or someone).

crescent1325

[quote:5a89cf2fe2="Gazelle"]OMG, that looks GREAT!!!!! I love the materity outfit! Exactly as I would have imagined her. Really.

OMG, big thought. You know with the Go-Backs females being very fertile and all the 'Dances' they do, do any of you think it's possible Krim had another child before Cheipar and Sust. Maybe not even with Skot! Surprised[/quote:5a89cf2fe2]

[color=indigo:5a89cf2fe2]You know i was thinking. I was reading the HY story when Kahvi went back to the Gobacks before they went to steal the little palace. When you see the gobacks run up and hug her, you See this Black haired chick that looks exactly like Krim. Maybe krim's Daughter that was never pictured in the war and lived? just a thought[/color:5a89cf2fe2]

Gazelle

I thought it also said they didn't recognize any of the faces or something.... maybe she's a great-granddaughter or something... can I see a pic?

crescent1325

[color=indigo:8b9dba5713]oh yeah...duh :?

Lol..i can try to get one up tomorrow if have to...but my scanner here is not working.[/color:8b9dba5713]

Gazelle

that scanner again. *revs monster truck*

Trollbabe

I don't know if Krim had a daughter when she lived at the Go-Back lodge, but she did have another cub after Sust. Her name was Behtzi, and by all accounts she was a perfect angel.

Seeing what an adorable child she was, a Go-Back acquaintance thought she was Skot's cub, and reflected that it was such a pity that Skot didn't live to see her.

Krim responded:
(Drumroll, please....)

Oh, don't you remember? Sweet Behtzi's from Pike!

Minouche

[quote:7fb74dd071="Trollbabe"]I don't know if Krim had a daughter when she lived at the Go-Back lodge, but she did have another cub after Sust. Her name was Behtzi, and by all accounts she was a perfect angel.

Seeing what an adorable child she was, a Go-Back acquaintance thought she was Skot's cub, and reflected that it was such a pity that Skot didn't live to see her.

Krim responded:
(Drumroll, please....)

Oh, don't you remember? Sweet Behtzi's from Pike![/quote:7fb74dd071]
Euh??? Where is that?

Nowth

Behzti is a controversial British play from 2004 but...

Minouche

See what happens to people stuck, like me, in So Cal where the culture flies low.

Songflower

LOL, I get that one. Cannot remember exactly what it's from but it rings enough of a bell that I recognize the pun!

Trollbabe

It's what us old codgers called a "folk song".

Nowth

And I have no idea what any of this means

crescent1325

Quote:
Nowth

And I have no idea what any of this means

you an me both, Nowth :?

Willowspring

Quote:
crescent1325

[quote:e8be7fa132="Nowth"]And I have no idea what any of this means

you an me both, Nowth :? [/quote:e8be7fa132]
I thrid

Satiretto

"Sweet Betsy from Pike" is an old folk song that deals with the experiences of a young couple on the California overland trail :-)-

crescent1325

Actually, Skot says that...

But what i got from it, was the Four of them. At that point i wouldnt doubt if the Four of them was Denning together. (at least thats what i thought) and it meant what it meant. That they would try for a family, the four of them...

Nowth

Quote:
Satiretto

"Sweet Betsy from Pike" is an old folk song that deals with the experiences of a young couple on the California overland trail :-)-

Ohboy... that puns could be so sophisticated.

crescent1325

The Spring

a story of pike and Krim! i hope you like!

nomad-human

I like the fact that Krim always says whats on her mind. She is perhaps the most honest character in EQ in that she makes no excuses. Krim thinks it or feels it and then expresses it. No one has to wonder where they stand with her.

In this very modern world we live in that is so refreshing. We are often too polite to truly deal with those we do not like. Personally I would rather know that someone doesn't care for me than have them blow smoke up my rear for years. Krim refuses to do the polite little games others play, I think she would rather cut the tips off her ears before she started bending the truth around.

And just to touch on the self acceptance thing that I brought up pages ago...G-d I envy her! Wouldn't you love to look in the mirror, realize your good points and your bad ones and accept yourself as who and what you are? To realize you are a work in progress and you are exactly who you were meant to be? Krim represents that for me and I admire her greatly for that and for her honesty.

Shypaw

What color eyes is Krim supposed to have? More then likely blue, since every blond elf seems to have blue eyes, but I thought I would ask. They look kind of green at times.

Aroree - Blue eyes
Sunstream - Blue eyes
Dewshine - Blue eyes
Treestump - Blue eyes
Newstar - Blue eyes
Eyes-High - Blue eyes
Joyleaf - Blue eyes
Mender - Blue eyes
Rainsong - Blue eyes
Wing - Blue eyes

Nightfall - Not a true blond, more of a light brown - Brown eyes

Shypaw

Minouche

How about green? It's spicier and may fit her fierce personality better.

redshine

Actually, Rainsongs are purple-ish

crescent1325

Really? I think its the case of the ever changing eye color ...I know in earlier issues, her eyes were blue. ...Just like moonshade had brown eyes in the earlier pics, then now they are violet :D

Shypaw

I wonder if Wendy/Richard intentionally created all the blonds with blue eyes, or if it just happened that way? I like to think of Krim with green eyes myself just to break it up a bit, lol.

Shypaw

Thornbrake

Some fan art of my favorite Go-Back turned Wolfrider bad-ass, Krim. This is from 1988.

WolfMoonSky

Krim looks moody and awesome Tongue

Embala

Good one of Krim, Thornbrake! You totally captured her attitude.
Easter EggQuest 2015

Let's see what will show:

Kitt said

I like her in this pic...and poor little Chepair Unhappy

cactus said

Me toohohooo. But it's so sad Boohoo ... Poor little Chepair. He almost looks like a doll there. I don't really "get" Krim. I guess she's a bit too much for me Wink .

But I love this pic of her though. Look, she's smiling Surprised :

Easter EggHunt 2013 found

Heather

This is still one of the hardest moments for me in the final quest. I know we have since seen her smiling spirit in the Palace, along side Kahvi, but it still gets to me.
Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 4.59.59 PM

travelbug

Hopefully we'll see more of her. I imagine her next to Kahvi, right where the spirit action happens :)

MultiFacets

No better place for her to be. ^n_n^