ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

"Charming" Chot

Kathleen

Okay, I admit he often wasn't much in the Forevergreen arc, but he made his mark on Hidden Years when he proved a wonderful semi-villain. He's a bad boy with a tender side he only shows rarely.

And I love him, what can I say?

Willowspring

i wondered what would of happened if he and Shenshen recongized... i think that hes a great guy... a little rough around the edges, but i love him just the same.
I havent read Forevergreen...

crescent1325

oh gosh...i think that would be worst then when Dewshine/Tyldak Recognition! She couldnt stand him in the begining of the Forevergreen...i dont think her temprement improved as the series went on either!! lol..

Willowspring

its be funny... be worse than Cutter and Leetah when they recongized.. hehe :twisted:

crescent1325

oh most diffently!!!

Weirdlet

...this is almost off topic, but I've got images of him recognizing Venka and completely ruffling her Vulcan image.

crescent1325

you should post em....i know i wanna see!

Kathleen

Yes! That would be the best thing ever.

Weirdlet

To Crescent- I meant I was having mental images, but you know, that might not be a bad thing at all... *plots to squeeze in drawing time*

I know Venka would have to be gob-smacked, but how about Chot? What do you (meaning people who have read farther than RC Forevergreen and who know him best, ie: not me) think his reaction would be to Recognition? With anyone?

emerald

Wait, I'm having a brain fart. Could someone post a picture of Chot for me?

crescent1325

Here ya go this is the only one i could find

Kathleen

Pretty, no? In that sulky, bad boy, I'd never date him sense.

crescent1325

lol: i dont think i would either. he just seems plain to me..not alot going on you know..just a blah personality...well to me anyways...

Kathleen

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BLAH PERSONALITY?! Evil Grin

Kathleen

I love him, and I don't care what all you blasphemers say. Barry Blair Chot does not enter into my equation of him. He's still that wonderfully villainous goblin who threw Kahvi from her bird. :twisted:

crescent1325

whoa there killer!...i didnt mean to make you mad..but for me its like there is only one side to his personality. He doesnt seem to have more then the "lemme eat everything and be an irritant" type. So its so blah to me. thats why all the other characters are endearing, cuz they are complex. Unlike Chot. And its not chots fault. Its that Evil Barry Blair for makeing him so. :twisted: Sorri...i still cant get Forevergreen Chot outta my head...

joselle

Well he does have that "I'm so damned smelly and I love it" side of him too! Wink

I don't know, he's just so delightfully Go-Back...crass, un-subtle, a little slow....and not giving a rats ass. I love that. Plus he's probably the least sexy (physically) of all the Elves....that's gotta count for something! :P

Weirdlet

He's sexy, in a kind of 'make your mother faint' kind of way...

Willowspring

Quote:
Weirdlet

He's sexy, in a kind of 'make your mother faint' kind of way...

thats the way i see him as... my RPG character's parents are Shenshen and Chot... So, i think its funny... he's definetly someone my mom would kill me if i dated.

Kitt

Forget me! If I brought him home, my sisters and brothers would kill HIM!! :P

Kathleen

I love him, and I don't care what all you blasphemers say. Barry Blair Chot does not enter into my equation of him. He's still that wonderfully villainous goblin who threw Kahvi from her bird. :twisted:

joselle

Nothing that Barry Blair did counts in my opinnion. :roll:

LivietheLurker

And I think he is good-looking, when in Wendy style.

crescent1325

im not saying he is a bad looking elf..im just saying he is a little one demensinal..

LivietheLurker

True, or least he's been portrayed that way. But here has been character developement in Chot's case too, especially from the end of New Blood and into Fire-Eye.

twinklebug

I like him. He's awesome. I really hope we get to see more of him, preferably by anyone but Barry Blair.

emerald

Quote:
crescent1325

Here ya go this is the only one i could find

Oh, yeah...wasn't he in hidden years when the go-backs attacked the sunvillage? :?

crescent1325

**nods** and the forevergreen series...

emerald

Yeah, I don't think I like him! Grin

Kitt

I like him with Shenshen :P Here's his daughter he had with her Wink

emerald

[color=blue:e98467da18]*Swoons*
Great job Kitt! :D [/color:e98467da18]

Kitt

[color=green:ddf04d974f]Thank you. Whenever I finish the fics I've started, I'll write one about them Wink ...or...maybe I'll just tie it in to an existing one. :D[/color:ddf04d974f]

cactus

Oh, that's beautiful Kitt :D .

Here's a couple of New Blood pics of him that's not [i:1864b184cf]too[/i:1864b184cf] bad Wink . He's actually kind of cute in them Surprised .

[img:1864b184cf]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/99lala99/eq/chot2.jpg[/img:1864b184cf]

[img:1864b184cf]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/99lala99/eq/chotshenshen.jpg[/img:1864b184cf]

Aldar

I think Chot is a cuite-pie. There. :D

cactus

Unfortunately he looks like a clown in most of New Blood :( . And he's so "sharp" and boney compared to the other elves.

Aldar

That's true. He looked rather okay in the beginning, but somewhere along the way he stopped by the Forevergreen plastic surgeon and... well, the rest is history. Wink

cactus

[quote:cb328e5255]the Forevergreen plastic surgeon[/quote:cb328e5255]
Grin Grin Grin I guess they all went there..

Aldar

Euhm... Well, yes. I guess so. Grin

Trollbabe

I think Chot is one of the most "Japanese-style" Elves, with very anime hair.

Chot should recognize Lum from "Obnoxious Aliens."

Nowth

I like her, Kitt; she's like an edgier Shenshen. And I like Shenshen. And edgy. So!

elf_queen_vik

[quote:ef004101ec="cactus"]Oh, that's beautiful Kitt :D .

[img:ef004101ec]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/99lala99/eq/chotshenshen.jpg[/img:ef004101ec][/quote:ef004101ec]
Now becuse of that pik i want him to recignise Shenshen.
I have yet to read the forevergreen and all of the new blood (yay for no money) But uis he still alive, where is he now?

Embala

Very Chot! :clap:

Apogee

hehehe I can see him totally being the type to perform badly on stage just so he can catch the tomatos and stuff being thrown at him, for eating later ;)

Startear

I've liked Chot from the begining, and the way he envolved from the folower of Zey to Jethel's mentor in Fire-Eye. I also liked that he wasn't a pretty elf, it kind of rounded them a little bit

Embala

Far from my fav - exactly the sort of guy that remembers me of unbearable school yard louts. And the first sight made me think "Ugly"! (don't remember which storyline/artist)

I acknolwedge that he's gone through clear developement - he has grown on me, too. And meanwhile I found pics where he looks outstanding, individual - and good in his own way.

Startear

I have a new series in my mind, with Chot as my main character... and this time I plan to stick to canon, or as far as I can.

And speaking of this bony Go-Back, if he was to have lovemate or even recognize, whom would you prefer he'd hook up with?

Embala

What's wrong with his "old crush" Shenshen?

... "new story" sounds interesting. What time frame do you have in mind? Back in Go-Back days ... after Forevergreen ... in the Sunvillage ...?

Startear

Nothing of course. I like Chot/Shenshen a lot, they'd make a sweet couple. I was merely wondering who people want him to lovemate, or recognize. For a reason I have found a sort of apeal in the Chot/Vurdah pairing as well, after it struck me hard while I was taking a shower the other day.

I'm not sure yet, though the part which is most apealing so far of my scenarios is when he left Dart, and the others until he found Jethel again.

Vojira

I would want him to Recognize. 8D

Startear

Who would you like him to recognize, hun?

Vojira

Hmm,Shenshen. I honestly can't see him with anybody else.

Embala

A sunvillager girl would be most probable - Shenshen or Vurdah ... Ruffel and Maleen not so much. When you'll stick with named ones who's left - Ahdri? Savah .. nooohohoo! Minyah? .... oh - how about the baker? Would have obvious advantages! Laugh

Well, when you want keep your story in the Forevergreen scenario - the only available one would be Wavelet. Or Shenshen who comes back to look for him Wink

Vojira

Hehehehehe...I'll be riiiight back...

Startear

If I'm going for the Forevergren story, then I'm not making him have a romantical adventures... at least I don't plan so Tongue

Vojira, what are ya gonna do?

Embala

I'm afraid she makes him recognize the baker - either this or her bread. Wink

Vojira

Awww, noting much. Just taking pictures of some of the ladies in Sorrows End Chot could Recognize. Problem is it's reminding how much I want to read a Cutter/Shenshen story...Boohoo

Embala

Awww ... there are so many AUs - Chot/Shenshen doesn't outrule Cutter/Shenshen *offers tissue*

Pictures of the ladies in the run ... now I have a mind picture of vojira standing in front of Chot with a leporello with many sun ladies - showing and praising them so that he will choose his mate. And Chot is only interested in his chicken legs ...

Vojira

XD Replace me with my muse and have her roar 'CHOSE THIS ONE YOU THOWBACK OF A GO-BACK!' while hitting him with the leporello and you will be on the right track.

There's not a whole lot of Cutter/Shenshen out there...
Arill wrote one many years ago. Been lost tho.
I'm hoping she makes a new one.

Embala

Big_laugh @ The Muse!

Startear

Cutter/Shenshen would be very sweet. I've been trying to write one for ages, but so far it hasn't gone well *sigh*

Back on topic, I found this drawing the other day, where our lovely Go-Back is sexy. Icebird made it, I hope she don't mind me posting it here.

Embala

Icebird's drawing is awesome! This way I could love Chot - still a bit bony and with a unique face - but not "edgy" as he is drawn mostly. And he doesn't behaves annoying at all.

Thank you for sharing, Startear Happy

Easter EggQuest 2012 reseverd for Startear found

Startear

Naturally I had to share... he is one of my favorites, after all. He is a beauty in this picture, even better than Wendy's in HY.

His annoyingness... hm. I might be terribly wrong and put to more dept into him than intended, but I think that there was many factors contributing.

- We did not see when he was put in wrapstuff, but very obviously he was. It must be quite a difference, from going wounded by war to wake up centuries later. Memory was fresh, and it wouldn't surprise me that he had the same difficulty as Ember did to realize just how long time it was.

- He couldn't go back to the Frozen Mountains. His way was blocked by the rocks which Ahdri shaped. No matter how many supplies he had, he would run out before he reached the desert itself. And to follow it a little more realistically than BB, that would have taken days, if not weeks. Most likely he would have been lost. Not to mention that the humans were drawing close. No one would even let him out if he ever brought it up.

- Everyone he knew was most likely gone.

- The only one we saw interacting with was Suntop. We do not know if this is because everyone was avoding him, or if he deliberately alienated himself from everyone. Shenshen certainly was, and he was having a crush on her... how early was this? We readers got to know it when they were in Forevergreen. Is it possible that it was already brewing in Sorrows End? Or was it a combination?

I don't know. I might be biased, but I do have memories of being homesick, outside those missing months. And I think he was just that.

Hope this makes sense. Feel free to think and answer me, I'm open for other viewpoints. Smile

RedheadEmber

Hmm... in the Zey thread I noticed some talk about the roles of characters in a modern world. Zey, apparently would be a gang-leader.

Maybe Chot would be the guy in the gang who deep down really wanted out.

(Also love that picture from HY 4 where some of the Sun Folk actually have to restrain Yun from attacking him when they're being cut out of wrapstuff... Tongue)

Startear

That is quite realistic.

This one?

RedheadEmber

Yeah!

LoL. Dart seems to find it rather funny...

Startear

I actually had a dream about Chot tonight. He lead the Go-Backs to the Wolfrider's forest. When they got there, it was daytime and of course the Wolfriders were sleeping. It was then Zey lit the forest on fire. After a little while, the slumbering wolfriders tried to flee, but was attacked by the Go-Backs. At first Chot stood frozen in schock, but when one of Strongbow's arrows hit him in the shoulder, he went mad in rage, and attacked Zey.

That was when I woke up.

Vojira

Chot gets attacked by Strongbow, yet he attacks Zey?
Wut? O_o

Startear

I know. Illogical. But it was a fun dream.

Embala

Bringing some pictures back again:

Quote:

Here's a couple of New Blood pics of him that's not too bad Wink . He's actually kind of cute in them Surprised .

Quote:

Quote:
"cactus

Now becuse of that pik i want him to recignise Shenshen.
I have yet to read the forevergreen and all of the new blood (yay for no money) But uis he still alive, where is he now?

Startear

Indeed, hey aren't that bad. Though, it's a bit funny... Here, it makes sense that he is tanned. Been close to the desert and traveled for weeks, if not more. But in the early images, the pale ones are bit too much tanned, while the dark skinned are often too pale. XD

Embala

This cover picture always had a strange fascination for me ...

... and though I would call Chot "ugly" here he's touching my mind and heart.

Hard to believe this is Chot, too ... ... and that I miss his old nose!

Allura

Some Wendy drawn Chot that I didn't see here...

Embala

Obviously he was never meant to be a "pretty" elf. He is characteristic, and individual how all of Wendy's creations are ... and good looking his own way!

Oh ... dreams of being chief ... I've almost forgotten about these ambitions Wink

Easter EggQuest 2014 found

RedheadEmber

I really hope he'll turn up for the Final Quest. Been reading a bit through the 'New Blood' and 'Fire-Eye' stories and just realized something; He's freaking hillarious! What with his constant "This is not good! You're all crazy! I'm hungry!"

Embala

I slowly started to like him - doesn't keep me form wishing to kick his a** at times Wink

I agree - he has grown, he has stayed true to his self nevertheless - can be an enrichment for the Final Quest.

Startear

Maybe the cover art is supposed to be Fire-Eye flowers?

One scene which really touched me was the one after Door's little ball had collapsed. When Dart said that everyone was together, and it was over and Chot just snapped!

"Fish guts! It's not over 'til it's over, and one of us is missing! I go on! I have always been for the good of the tribe, for safety, for Dart!

I know some think me a fool, or that I am too quick with my tongue, or too ready with the blade -- but I live by my own honor, my Way. I would give my life for any of you.

But we're not all here, and I can't rest. I'm going to find Jethel."

Though, I wonder why Chot didn't try sending to Suntop whether or not they had picked Jethel up with the Palace. I know his sending abilities are limited, but Suntop in the Palace would have picked it up anyway.

RedheadEmber

I love it whenever he starts showing concern for the others.

He's probably just a big softie under the tough exterior!

Embala

Though, I wonder why Chot didn't try sending to Suntop whether or not they had picked Jethel up with the Palace. I know his sending abilities are limited, but Suntop in the Palace would have picked it up anyway.

Besides just: It's for story's sake ...? Wink

Sending is a vital part of Wolfrider life, a natural reaction for them - especially when they are in trouble or stressed. They don't have to think of sending - they SEND.

Go-Backs, even after they've learned to send again, don't have "taken it in" as a selfevident tool. Some of them may even object it. Considering Chot's temper and his current state of mind - he was simply not thinking of SENDING.

Leaves the question: What's about Dart?

Trollbabe

Chot's parentage is never established, is it?
The only way I can guess on a Go-Back's parentage, is that they are young enough to be someone's offspring, and aren't attracted to someone who is related to them.

Embala

Go-Backs parentage and the parent-child relationship seems to be limited to a very short period.

The Go-Backs wish for a cub to go on for them (this we learned from Skot's/Krim's dream. Without Recognition, without lifemating and with the pre-battle orgies only a minoritiy of the males will know about their fathership. The females nures and care for their fawns until they are able to live more independant (with 3-4 years?) and join the children group most of the time ... like a full-time kindergarden and school.

Sounds hard and cold - but it actually makes sense considering the Go-Back lifestyle.
- Having the wish for a fawn but no prove who will be the own one male Go-Backs are more willing to care for EACH fawn, to hunt and fight to protect them.
And when the connection between mother and child becomes loose early and being "group raised" will help the cub to be not too desperate in case the mother is killed.
It's said by the Wolfriders "chief cubs belong to the whole tribe" - the way I understand it, all Go-Back fawns belong to the whole tribe. No matter what will happen to the genetic parents - they will be cared for the same way. And as they are used to various psychological parents the fawns will suffer less when the mother will not come back from a battle or hunt.

Just my way to make sense of it ...

And - no, neither mother nor father of Chot were mentioned. He probably don't know his father and his mother might have died in a battle years ago. I think, Go-Backs are raise not to care. I wonder ... do they - nevertheless?

RedheadEmber

Considering that Kahvi in HY#2 says to both Yun and Chot that they were "bare rumped" when she last saw them, I think it's fairly safe to assume that they're the same age; which means that they both could be results of 'The Dance' (Yun is, as we all pretty much know)

This particular way of raising children also sorta reminds me of something Kahvi says to Rayek while she's pregnant with Venka "they spring from us, they don't belong to us."

Embala

Considering that Kahvi in HY#2 says to both Yun and Chot that they were "bare rumped" when she last saw them, I think it's fairly safe to assume that they're the same age; which means that they both could be results of 'The Dance'
I didn't remember this - good point, Redhead. Smile A point for a timeline update!

Startear

When was it established that Chot tends to be smelly, btw?

travelbug

Doesn't Shenshen call him "that smelly Chot" at some point in the Forevergreen story?

RedheadEmber

Startear said: When was it established that Chot tends to be smelly, btw?

Dunno. Has it been?

(Does this have anything to do with my story?)

Eyeshigh

I have read a fanfiction about Yun...? And in that story Chot didn't care he smelled bad and didn't saw the point of being clean....

RedheadEmber

I was refering to Startear's post. You know... the one I quoted.

Startear

It isn't totally unrelated. I have been going over some of my favorite Chot stories, and everyone refers to him as smelly, and I could swear it was stated... but I can't remember where nor can I find it. So I'm asking if I missed something. That beong said, I think he just did the minimum. Minimum not to be detected by trolls, but not really caring.

RedheadEmber

Yeah.

travelbug

As far as I remember, Shenshen found Chot to smelly to be Suntop's friend, and she told Suntop so,when they all started the journey to the forevergreen.
Back when she was in the auntie Shenshen mode :)

lunakat

Chot would be played by Norman Reedus.

Eyeshigh

I know you did!!!!!!

I just stated I had read about it in a fanfiction!!!

RedheadEmber

Suppose it just one of those things everyone agrees about, they just don't know why they agree about it.

Embala

Startear said: I have been going over some of my favorite Chot stories, and everyone refers to him as smelly, and I could swear it was stated... but I can't remember where nor can I find it.

No fanfiction - travelbug is right.
http://elfquest.com/comic_viewer.php?fd=/gallery/OnlineComics/NB/NB13/_New%20Blood%20-%2013_page=1#_23#
:bz

Startear

Ah. New Blood 13. I tend to get... Focused on other parts of it. *chough* Bowki *chough*

Embala

Bowki ^^ ... other thread. :)

One is glad to be of service

Eyeshigh

2014-11-24 20.07.34
2014-11-24 20.06.59

Maybe they are just using it as a curse-word....

RichardPini

Jethel, taking a certain song title far too literally...

hit-chot

RedheadEmber

=))

Embala

=)) ... looks like Jethel has all the fun !Adar

*sigh* Now I wonder about that certain song title...

NEXT PAGE