ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Skyfire

crescent1325

i got to think about how Joyleaf loves Joyleaf and says that her favorite chiftess. But if i had to choose who was my favorite Chieftess that was by line, it would have to be Skyfire.

With hair as Red as her Attitude, I loved how she stood up to Twospear when she thought he had gone Mental.

For she established the way as we now know and love!
I really just love her take charge personality, and i want to know more about her!

Kathleen

I think it must have really been hard for her to stand up to Two Spear. Poor thing, he was still her brother.

Tifa

I always liked Skyfire! She certainly didn't have an easy time with her psycho brother, but in the end she could show the wolfriders that the Way was the.. well, better way. :)

Kitt

She was very girl-powerey! Rock on!! :D

nightfall26

She was smart and in control...everything that a wolfrider chief should be...she rocks..

OnScream

She is such a great idol. Very beautiful....

I loved her apearance in Hidden Years

Bast

Of all the Chief's Skyfire and Tanner were my two favorites, I like that she was a no nonsense elf, that she was take charge and foward and to the point, this is the way, this is what we will do, we are the Wolfriders, and Dreamsinger was also quiet lovely, though he gave more to Skyfire than she'd realize, his tenderness, tempered her temper, and she developed into a wonderful leader, I mourn her loss, though I don't know how she passed.

EmberNightfall

While my favorite of all time is Rahnee (and this may sound a little silly) when I was a kid, and just starting out, I wanted to *be* Skyfire when I grew up. She was so fierce, and I loved Ember meeting her in HY.....they had so much in common. Ember's "courtship" with Teir also always reminded me of Skyfire's with Dreamsinger too......more so than the Cutter - Leetah - Rayek triangle.

Foxeye

Reposting this from Zarhan's thread:

Just reread part of one of the short stories about Zarhan, the one where he also recognizes Wreath. What spooks me is....it strongly hints that HE was in fact the sire of Skyfire, not Prey-Pacer. Oiy. If that were canon, it would mean that the entire line that came after Skyfire descended from Timmorn via Laststar (rahnee's sister)->Wreath->Skyfire. Still blood of ten chiefs, but not through Rahnee/Prey-Pacer. I wish it were canon, just because I have such a fondness for Zarhan. Skyfire does have the red hair of Zarhan.

innie

When I was looking at the portfolio plate 'blood of ten chiefs' I noticed that there is a part of Skyfire's ear that's missing. It looks like it was cut of or something. Is that the only time we see her without the tip of her ear, is there a story behind it, or has she always appeared with an incomplete ear?

Treefox

Good question! I always assumed that was from the fight with Two-Spear. I think she's missing that piece of ear on the one cover of the Anthologies, too... Not sure though.

Treefox

I just realized you can't see the ear in question three.. maybe
on the Ten Chiefs centerfold?

Fourleafclover

It was clipped off in her challenge with Two Spear. (As seen in the Two-Spear mini series.)

Minouche

Quote:
Foxeye

Just reread part of one of the short stories about Zarhan, the one where he also recognizes Wreath. What spooks me is....it strongly hints that HE was in fact the sire of Skyfire, not Prey-Pacer. Oiy. If that were canon, it would mean that the entire line that came after Skyfire descended from Timmorn via Laststar (rahnee's sister)->Wreath->Skyfire. Still blood of ten chiefs, but not through Rahnee/Prey-Pacer. I wish it were canon, just because I have such a fondness for Zarhan. Skyfire does have the red hair of Zarhan.

Do you happen to know who is Laststar's mother?

EmberNightfall

I was always under the impression that Murrel was Laststar's mom as well.

Siwan

Surprised didn't see that before >.<

*Grumbles* one reason more to not like Two-Spear :twisted:

Kchaiya

Random question: does anyone know what color Skyfire's eyes were?

Siwan

I think something green/goldish
though I'm not so sure bout it

LadyUsako

I have read someplace that her eye color was green...

SulferGush

*checks Hidden Years 24*

Yep her eyes are green! =D

She's one of my fav characters and I haven't read anything other than the little bit where she talks to Ember, and was that even real?
I wish I could know more. I know she fought with Two-Spear for...cheifdom, but how did it happen? Didn't the tribe get split? If so, how did they all get back together?

Wyndshadoe

[quote:ca9283398d="SulferGush"]*checks Hidden Years 24*

Yep her eyes are green! =D

She's one of my fav characters and I haven't read anything other than the little bit where she talks to Ember, and was that even real?
I wish I could know more. I know she fought with Two-Spear for...cheifdom, but how did it happen? Didn't the tribe get split? If so, how did they all get back together?[/quote:ca9283398d]

It happened after one of their many arguements; not very sure on what, but I do believe it was humans. Yes, the tribe was split. They never did get back together. It was said in the BOTC anthologies/novels that Two-Spears group founded a plainsgrass tribe that rode goats. And the go-backs was founded by some of his group with his daughter Kahvi, told in her story I do believe.

What I am confused about, is in one of the BOTC books it was said Skyfire's child by Dreamsinger was a girl,Starbright. And in the timeline it says Freetfoot was concieved by them. Yet that can't be possible for he [Dreamsinger] was killed.

Treefox

I've been wondering about that, too. But the BOTC books aren't canon, so I wouldn't wonder too much about it. Wink

crescent1325

[color=indigo:f51b67e4c6]actually, isnt the BoTC anthologies cannon as long as a comic does not contradict them? or, so I've heard. And in the BoTC books, they have chiefs line that says Freefoots dad is unknown. [/color:f51b67e4c6]

Treefox

Oh yes, that's right! That's weird as well, though. Why didn't Starbright become chief?

**possible spoiler for BOTC books**

Was it because she lost her magic? That would be a weird explanation as well, no? Or did she die and I just forgot? It's been a while since I read them.

crescent1325

[color=indigo:ee2a23c170]I dont think its said if she died or not.. but i always thought she did. :oops: [/color:ee2a23c170]

Treefox

Would make sense anyway! :P

SulferGush

Right, so everything is cleared up then.
Man I hope when more EQ comes out we meet the goatriders.

crescent1325

[color=indigo:5e265fc8b5]I dont think they will meet up with goatriders. Cuz, if im not mistaken, the goatriders became the gobacks.. or so i read somewhere. :?[/color:5e265fc8b5]

cactus

Heh, I'd like to see the goatriders as well Grin . I can't really imagine elves on goats though. And from what I've read about them they did seem a bit strange.

Possible spoilers those who havn't read BoTC again:

[quote:1ebd38c1c9]Cuz, if im not mistaken, the goatriders became the gobacks..[/quote:1ebd38c1c9]
It's been said that the Go-Backs was "founded" by Two Spears tribe and the tribe Ekuar came from. I'm not sure that rules out any remaining goatriders though. Two Spears tribe could have split into two different groups. One sticking to the goats, and one meeting up with Ekuars people, forming the Go-Backs and starting to ride stags Grin .

To be honest I'm not even really sure there's ever been any goatriders :( . We don't see any goats in either the Kahvi nor Two Spear comics. There's huge gaps in those stories too, but if I remember correctly the goatriders in the BoTC novels said that Two Spear was dead. (I might be wrong though) But he didn't die until after Kahvi went into that pond, and that doesn't really add up. Two Spear was Freefoots uncle, and Freefoot met them. How could there be time to domesticate/train those freaking goats Surprised :? ?

This is all rambeling though. I should have been in bed hours ago. I'm not sure I'll agree with myself when I read this tomorrow Grin .
Hehe, I'm not even sure I'll understan what I meant tomorrow :roll: .

SulferGush

Even if they didn't ride goats I think there should be a tribe that rides goats.
The reason the wolfriders are so good with wolves is because they are part wolf right? Maybe they met someone who could shapechange and they liked to be a goat, so as a goat they had a child and thus the goatriders were born!

JadeOwl

Now I have a WONDERFUL image of a Pan-like elf with curly hair and little ram's horns. :D

Minouche

Actually, I would be easier (based on the anatomy of the animals) to ride a goat than a wolf. They may not, anymore that the GoBacks with their Elks, the Sun Villagers their Zwoots, or even the humans their ponies, need to share a bond of blood. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I thought that the Go-backs were the descendants of Two Spears' group after they were separated from Two Spears, his hunting party, and the tribes Wolf, when Willowgreen removed their wolf blood. Khavi's book doesn't show (as far as I remember) any meeting with an other elven tribe after the group returns to her. Could it be that
1)Two Spears hunting group was the only pre-GoBacks met those goat riders or herders?
2) or Khavi's pre-GoBacks and the Goatriders may have mingled during Kahvi's long sleep?

krwordgazer

Surprised Goats aren't very cool or glamourous. Not like wolves.

Would the series have had the same appeal if the Wolfriders rode goats? I don't think so. . .

So I'm not really surprised the idea of goatriders from the BoTC novels never went anywhere in the graphic novel series.

LadyUsako

You have discuessed (I'm so sorry for my spelling) if Freefoot was the child of Dreamsinger and Skyfire...

How I understand it from reading Blood of ten chiefs, Winds of changes Freefoot can't be Dreamsingers child, because he died when Skyfire was pregnant with Nightstar, and her death is later mentioned in one of the Blood of Ten Chiefs books.

So I think that is must be a mistake when they have put Freefoot as Skyfire and Dreamsingers child.

Embala

Skyfire - Blood of Four Chiefs

Startear

Quote:
Reposting this from Zarhan's thread:

It would be so deliciously ironic if Skyfire was Zarhan's child. Especially the conflict between Skyfire and Two-Spear.

Vojira

She is Zarhan's child in my canon. XD I get a serious kick out of the whole thing.
Fits with how power hungry Wreath is.
Also explains why she looks so much more elfin.
(although it means Skyfire is now Prey-Pacer's sister...)

Embala

Preypacer's sister? Hypnotize Can you explain this family tree the way I can understand it, too?

Startear

Won't she be blood of two chief's, or can the "blood" be uncle/brother?

Vojira

Quote:

Preypacer's sister? Hypnotize Can you explain this family tree the way I can understand it, too?

Ehhh.
Let's see.
Rahnee+Zarhan= Preypacer.
Preypacer+Softfoot= Two-Spear.
Zarhan+Wreath=Skyfire.
(unless I'm suddenly missing?)

Embala

Nuh_uh Let's say it's past midnight ... Shoot_me

Vojira

What? If there's something wrong with the setup I would like to know.
(outside the fact it's a setup over the non-canon family tree) XD

Embala

*scratches head* Mean me? In short - I was too tired to realize that Skyfire would be Preypacer's sister via Zarhan! And you are right ... considering the non-canon POV Wink

Vojira

Ah ok. Laugh

Startear

Ok, I have a question. At the cover of the third Blood of Ten Chief's novels, Skyfire has blue eyes. In the BOTC comics, she has blue first, and then green.

Likewise, our dear Two-Spear starts off with brown eyes, then brown eyes on yellow back, and then green on red ground. I keep wondering, is this to outrule the theory about Skyfire being Zarhan's child, or a prime example of rule number one and two?

Embala

Sloppy coloring/continuity job and a prime example of rule number one and two!

Heck - they even changed Kahvi's eye color from blue to green while Wendy was drawing her.

Easter EggQuest 2012 found

Vojira

Quote:

Ok, I have a question. At the cover of the third Blood of Ten Chief's novels, Skyfire has blue eyes. In the BOTC comics, she has blue first, and then green.

Likewise, our dear Two-Spear starts off with brown eyes, then brown eyes on yellow back, and then green on red ground. I keep wondering, is this to outrule the theory about Skyfire being Zarhan's child, or a prime example of rule number one and two?

I hate rule One and Two. One is a bully and Two is coward. They actually make the more the 'yeah, I find unlikely' parts of EQ look weird and very 'I have to rip this apart because it bugs me'.
Eh, sorry, sidetracked.

It might just my copy of the book but her eyes look teal (I connect teal to green) coloured to me.
If I remember right the one of the versions of Skyfire (the book where Two-Spear nearly dies) in the comics has real red hair and blue eyes. (the Skyfire on the chief poster doesn't have red hair. )
Red:

Not red:

Personally, I take the red haired/blue eyed Skyfire of that comic symbolic.
Red hair= Fire, her need to pester her brother/want to be be chief.
Blue eyes=Cool headedness, better able to think.
...(Tho she doesn't strike me as cool headed in that comic. She can come of as being just throwbackish as her brother. )

Baseline question :is this to outrule the theory about Skyfire being Zarhan's child?
Me: Yes. Skyfire being Fastfire's child would makes things far too dramatic and interesting. Heck it would force the comic to address just what kind of personality Wreath has.

Look at it like this. Prey-Pacer stands up and and says the following:
'I have to confess this. I am the father of Wreath's child!'
What we know of Wreath's personality is she's was a very high status happy woman. She liked power.
According to the anthologies, the Recognition between her and Prey-Pacer failed and she then Recognized Fastfire.
She does't tell Prey-Pacer and Fastfire leaves the second he wakes up and gets his clothes on (seriously, he dose) likely doesn't doesn't care about what happens from then on.
This leave Wreath in position she going to enjoy. When she's done sulking over the whole thing...
She's just going to say the child is Prey-Pacer's because there's nobody to tell him differently. Her child get's high status within the tribe.
All she has to do is lie though her teeth.

I think the yellow background Two-Spear's eyes sometimes get's is to make him look more throwbackish.
On the poster there's nothing that would make me think Skyfire was Fastfire's child.
...Actually, Two-Spear's hair is closer to red then Skyfire...O__o

Gode gud,Startear, sig Jeg skal sletter den her post. XD Jeg ævler jo bare løs.

Startear

Nei! Ikke gjør det da!

sulken

Recognition can fail? Has Prey-Tracer missed the spotEvilgrin I thought recognition can't fail...

Startear

According to the Blood of Ten Chief's second novel, Wolfsong, it did. Wreath was not enough elf, and Prey-Pacer was too much wolf. Also, Skyfire is technically older than Two-Spear in that story.

Vojira: We're two about hating those rules.

Vojira

Well, it's all based on none-canon stories, theories found in the old threds so it can be disregarded. They just make more sense to me. XD

Storie wise the Wreath/Prey-Pacer Recognition because Prey-Pacer had too much Wolfblood in him and there were a bigger need for more elfblood in future offspring.

And a old theory said that Recognition could misfire in the early days.

Selnac killed herself because she kept Recognizing people but never had any other children besides the one she had with Timmorn.

Quote:

Nei! Ikke gjør det da!

Joooo! Jeg lyder jo mere idiotisk end jeg plejer! XD

Junction

Yes in one or two stories Skyfire was conceived before Two-Spear. However the majority of the stories have Two-Spear calling her little sister and outright stating that he is the elder sibling (and be elder that he was possibly in his teens at her birth). Basically Blood of Ten Chiefs tend to be a huge contradiction due to all the many different writers.(it's really a headache during Tanner and Goodtree's respective cheiftainships) As for me, until Wendy says otherwise, I'm going with she's Prey-Pacer's daughter who set The Way.

Vojira

Quote:

Wreath was not enough elf, and Prey-Pacer was too much wolf.

Vojira: We're two about hating those rules.

(I completely missed this post!)

Not enough elf? O__o Kek, must have missed that part.

I was under the notion Wreath had more elf in her due to being for most likely being the daughter of a descendant of Samael Dreamkeeper. (Remember reading that was a theory about that being the case.)

As confusing the anthologies can be...I like them more then the actual comic series.

Well, at least the parts that tells about the earlier chiefs. Can't be bothered to read about the more modern chiefs/elves.

Startear

I think it was regarded to Prey-Pacer, who was too much. Yes, Wreath was a lot of elf, but not enough to rival their chief. (I think that Wreath may be the child of Trickster's clan.)

Embala

A picture for Skyfire I found in my German issues - not sure where it's actually from and too lazy to hunt for it:

Easter EggQuest 2012 reserved for Sharptooth found

Vojira

Quote:

I think it was regarded to Prey-Pacer, who was too much. Yes, Wreath was a lot of elf, but not enough to rival their chief. (I think that Wreath may be the child of Trickster's clan.)

Wasn't Prey-Pacer more wolf then elf? If I remember right, he was better at communicating with animals.

Startear

Guh, clumsy wording.

What I meant was that while I think Wreath has a lot of elf in her, as I think she is the child of Laststar and a member of Tricksters Clan, it was still too much wolf when added with Prey-Pacer. Genes probably went error, system abort.

That's how I make sense of the Zarhan/Wreath recognition theory at least

Vojira

Quote:

Genes probably went error, system abort.

That's how I make sense of the Zarhan/Wreath recognition theory at least

My thoughts exactly.

Allura

Embala

Skyfire looks so devoted. Well shaped, beautiful and strong. I love all the careful details you put into her design - from the adornements up to the spear head. and I love the golden shine in her hair.

Sharptooth

Found her... Thank you so much Sweet Embala!! I love it!!!!!

Raenafel

Well, even if Skyfire is Zarhan's child, it doesn't necessarily mean that the whole chief line is through Laststar.
Freefoot's father could still have been Rahnee's descendant.
If I remember correctly he was Dreamsinger, and very elfin and crazy.

Or some Prey Pacer's child though Dove or something)

Wolfrider

Howl For Dreamsinger

Huntress Skyfire. After Cutter & Ember, she's my favorite chief. I have a thing for redheads, apparently especially if they wear chief locks. Anyway, I love that she developed the Way, and she became the first chief who was charged with safeguarding it, and all the the Wolfriders were. After the madness of Two-Spear, Skyfire brought some stability to the tribe. I say "some", since, in the BoTC anthology books, her Recognition with Dreamsinger and bringing him into the holt ended tragically with murder, a rarity with elves (or at very least with Wolfriders).

I love her look too. I used to draw her constantly, but it's been a while since I did, for whatever reason. The last time I drew her was for this drawing of the four female Wolfrider chiefs (shame that there have been only four so far as they tend to make the best chiefs if Rahnee, Skyfire, Goodtree and Ember are any indication). Anyway:

Chieftess
Chieftess

Embala

@Wolfrider I love the Howl. Skyfire's expression, the way how she's surrounded by wolves and the solft glow of the moonlight in her hair. You like to let colors and shape fade out and melt the elves with the background ... myterious and very appropriate for the Wolfriders.

Nice to see the Chieftess group again. YOu've captured their look and mood so well ... pensive Skyfire, fierce Rahneee, innocent young Ember and dreamy Goodtree, almost melting with the greengrowing place.