ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Pool: Still Waters Run Deep

Kathleen

Or something like that. At any rate, I think he's fantastic, with or without powers. He's a sweetie-pie and I see his grandmother Clearbrook in him, wise and looooooong hair.

He's going to be a fan-tab-ulous archer and a great tribesman. Just wait and see when Wendy gets her hands back on him!

Kitt

[color=green:1893564df4]You know what, though, I totally thought he was a girl when I first saw him :? Still, he is adorable now that he's grown up a bit Wink[/color:1893564df4]

crescent1325

[quote:9ee4cbf3fd="Kitt"][color=green:9ee4cbf3fd]You know what, though, I totally thought he was a girl when I first saw him :? Still, he is adorable now that he's grown up a bit Wink[/color:9ee4cbf3fd][/quote:9ee4cbf3fd]

[color=indigo:9ee4cbf3fd]yups...me too..i was like they had a girl??? [/color:9ee4cbf3fd]

Kitt

[color=green:648f9bac42]LOL!! It was that top! I mean, what the heck was that? :P Ember totally wore the same thing when she was little! :D[/color:648f9bac42]

crescent1325

[color=indigo:6756646749]gotta chaulk it up to tyleets designin clothes ability....lol...jk ..that artist just gave the characters a terrible time....[/color:6756646749]

Kitt

[color=green:6b26bb6f86][b:6b26bb6f86]*heehee* [/b:6b26bb6f86] Don't get me wrong, I actually liked that artist's work! They were one of the better non-Wendy persons Wink[/color:6b26bb6f86]

Kitt

[color=green:6ec1918019]At least he grew into adulthood looking more masculine Wink[/color:6ec1918019]

[img:6ec1918019]http://img417.imageshack.us/img417/1500/eq3249yg.jpg[/img:6ec1918019]

crescent1325

[color=indigo:40c3b9a6ba]where are you getting these colored ones from? ive only seen b&w. and the color adds something to it. When it was B&W it looks different...and what story line is that from?[/color:40c3b9a6ba]

Kitt

[color=green:0f6ebdd361]Oh, Honey, I don't have a colored version of these, they're only in B&W :( I found these colored ones on the web. I forget what story this is from...maybe Recognition, but I don't remember :?[/color:0f6ebdd361]

Foxeye

Looks like it's from Mender's Tale, since they are talking about Mender going off to talk to the humans.

Kathleen

I love Pool. Seriously someone*coughKittcough* needs to draw me some Pool fan art. No, really.

Kitt

[color=green:f3ce5be426]LOL!!! I'm all over it :P[/color:f3ce5be426]

Kathleen

No, really! I'll draw Leetah for you.

Kitt

[b:9f2b420b8e][color=#CC3366:9f2b420b8e]LEETAH!!![/color:9f2b420b8e] [/b:9f2b420b8e] [color=green:9f2b420b8e]With a promise like that, I'll sit down with my sketchbook right now! :D[/color:9f2b420b8e]

crescent1325

[color=indigo:e88d8a29c6]what is this menders tale i keep hearing about???[/color:e88d8a29c6]

Kathleen

[quote:27479a7827="Kitt"][b:27479a7827][color=#CC3366:27479a7827]LEETAH!!![/color:27479a7827] [/b:27479a7827] [color=green:27479a7827]With a promise like that, I'll sit down with my sketchbook right now! :D[/color:27479a7827][/quote:27479a7827]

[color=#CC3344:27479a7827] I'll get right on it at work! Hope I can do it justice![/color:27479a7827]

Kitt

[quote:1a270b1a80="crescent1325"][color=indigo:1a270b1a80]what is this menders tale i keep hearing about???[/color:1a270b1a80][/quote:1a270b1a80]

[color=green:1a270b1a80]It's a story in which he shape changes himself to look like a human so he can learn about them.[/color:1a270b1a80]

crescent1325

[quote:75fe233f8c="Kitt"][quote:75fe233f8c="crescent1325"][color=indigo:75fe233f8c]what is this menders tale i keep hearing about???[/color:75fe233f8c][/quote:75fe233f8c]

[color=green:75fe233f8c]It's a story in which he shape changes himself to look like a human so he can learn about them.[/color:75fe233f8c][/quote:75fe233f8c]

[color=indigo:75fe233f8c]
[b:75fe233f8c][i:75fe233f8c]WHAT??[/i:75fe233f8c][/b:75fe233f8c] is this considered Cannon?? where can i get this tale?? [/color:75fe233f8c]

Foxeye

Yep, 'tis canon. It is found in #32 and #33 of ElfQuest 2 (or whatever they are called) compilations. I found one Ebay listing for them:

http://cgi.ebay.com/WARP-GRAPHICS-LOT-OF-5-COMICS-ELFQUEST-5-18-30-32-33_W0QQitemZ6626075241QQcategoryZ64QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Spoiler

I loved watching Mender trying to put the moves on that human girl. Priceless scene. Mender really won my appreciation in these two episodes. I really do hope they finish this story someday.

crescent1325

[color=indigo:8c33632894]hmmmmmmmm.....[/color:8c33632894]

emerald

[color=blue:2469bb9e36]Aww Pool! Tyleet's precious cubling. :love: I love you Kathleen for starting his thread! :kiss: [/color:2469bb9e36]

Kathleen

Well, I'm cool that way, Em'.

emerald

Ok, I've been scanning pictures for my Tyleet web site and I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of Pool...preferably in color? But either way, could someone scan a few pics of him for me? Pretty please? Wink

Fourleafclover

Yes - Let's get a collection of Pool pictures started here! :D

I always thought Pool was a bit of a silly name (like Wing) but now I like it when I think of how he's like his Grand-dam, Clearbrook.

Clearbrook = Pool. Good water theme. Wink

emerald

*slaps forehead*
Didn't even notice that!

Kitt

I'll see what I can do for you, Emerald Wink I still have to draw a pic of Pool for Kathleen, anyway. So, when I'm referencing, I'll scan some for you, too Wink

emerald

Thanks Kitt, can't wait!

cactus

Oki, here's my favourite Pool pis :D . Unfortunately they are not in color though Unhappy .
These are from the story about Sust trying to make Stubtail into his wolffriend. My favourite wild hunt stoy. I wish they had added it to the RC Unhappy .

A little older here, from the recognition summer special:

Kitt

You know...now that I look at him...he kinds looks like a young dark-haired Cutter. Wink

Willowspring

Quote:
Kitt

You know...now that I look at him...he kinds looks like a young dark-haired Cutter. Wink

he does especially during recongintion... i really need to read that

Fourleafclover

They didn't add the Stubtail story to the RC? Surprised I'm glad I picked up all the EQ2 comics then!

cactus

No, neither that nor the story where Yun does the Chief's walk thing :( . The best ones in my opinion :D .

And I'm so glad I have the comics too. I barely dare to read/scan from my wild hunt RC after seeing how pricy they have become Surprised . (I wish I knew that when I bougt mine. Then I would have bought an extra copy, and I could have become a rich woman Grin )

emerald

Me too Cactus! Grin

Oh and the second picture is really great! Thanks! :P

Alana

I've never even heard of these stories and I love Wild Hunt...what issue numbers of EQ2 were they in?

cactus

They were in issu 11 and 14 I think :D .

crescent1325

i gotta get my hands on those eq2 ....grrrrr..

Icebird

On those last pics.. who is it he *nearly* shoot with an arrow?? Ember? Teir? Lehrigen? (don't mind spoilers)

crescent1325

Quote:
Icebird

On those last pics.. who is it he *nearly* shoot with an arrow?? Ember? Teir? Lehrigen? (don't mind spoilers)

and what is he askin about? How did the mystery person do WHAT?

cactus

He is aiming at:

:D :D

SPOILER FOR RECOGNITION SS

Lehrigen

crescent1325

dang it ..i have that comic too...but i forget what did lehrigen did to make Pool say high ones...how ..how..how did you...

Willowspring

i need to get recongition...

cactus

Quote:
crescent1325

dang it ..i have that comic too...but i forget what did lehrigen did to make Pool say high ones...how ..how..how did you...

I'm obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I never really understood why :roll: . Or maybe I didn't pay enough attention. It's not one of my favourite story lines.

crescent1325

Quote:
cactus

[quote:c4f93856a6="crescent1325"]dang it ..i have that comic too...but i forget what did lehrigen did to make Pool say high ones...how ..how..how did you...

I'm obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I never really understood why :roll: . Or maybe I didn't pay enough attention. It's not one of my favourite story lines.[/quote:c4f93856a6]

Grin apparently im in the same boat with ya catus...i have it and i dont even member where it is in the story line....lol

jadestarwolf

[color=red:332a526c2c]Wow, I just realized how much you can learn from reading these things... before I joined the forum I didn't know that characters such as Pool, Sust, Chitter, or ..... well alot of those characters exsisted! I didn't even know that Suntop's name changed to Sunstream!

Then again the only EQ that I've read has been the Sunburst stuff and Hidden Years and New Blood and that's it. My mom has had those since they came out. But I don't know where to go to read/look up all these things that everyone's talking about and so I'm getting confused.

Oh yeah, sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot. I just had to get it off my chest![/color:332a526c2c]

crescent1325

[color=indigo:2d2172a274]Not a problem Jade... Wink welcome to the forum![/color:2d2172a274]

Thornbrake

I think Pool's shock is about his disbelief that Lehrigen was able to sneak up on the Wolfriders as well as general surprise that he was still alive.

And I never made the water connection with Pool and Clearbrook's names. Discovering little details like this is what I love about EQ.

On grandparents: it would be so nice to see Clearbrook, Redlance and Nightfall in that role to Pool. I hope at some point we DO get to see some kind of reunion visit with Ember and Cutter's tribes, before the Final Quest.

dartfan

Quote:
Kathleen

I love Pool. Seriously someone*coughKittcough* needs to draw me some Pool fan art. No, really.

I forget sometimes in the mad hurley burley of being the Dart Admirers & Groupies Webmaster that I'm also Head of PASAS (The Pool and Sust Admiration Society)...

The boys individually not so much, but as a twosome (of whatever flavour), yeah...

And, like all good Appreciation Societies I do have a very small fan art gallery... but like always, new items are always appreciated.

http://users.sa.chariot.net.au/~yani/daag/pasasdefault.html

Quote:
Thornbrake

And I never made the water connection with Pool and Clearbrook's names. Discovering little details like this is what I love about EQ.

Yeah, me either...

Hey TB, given our earlier Dart/Kimo discussion... Pool/Sust? ;)

Suzene

Quote:
dartfan

Hey TB, given our earlier Dart/Kimo discussion... Pool/Sust? ;)

They are age-mates and constantly wrestling. Bet they made a few discoveries together. ;)

Suzene

Thornbrake

You know, odd as it sounds coming from me, I would be kind of disappointed if Sust and Pool ended up being a couple. I'm sure there is a physical part of their friendship, much like Cutter and Nightfall when they were younger (and probably Skywise for that matter), but it just seems too convenient a pairing to me for some reason.

I feel the same way about Dart and Newstar - just 'cause they're age-mates doesn't mean they should become lovemates. I'm glad Wendy and Richard chose a different path for Dart and Newstar and I'm pretty certain they'll do the same for Pool and Sust too.

Although, now that I think about it, there are no uninvolved females (or males for that matter) in their tribe, so on some level, it would make logical sense that Pool and Sust would become lovemates. I mean, how can you argue that beings that have no taboo against same-sex lovemating would NOT become lovemates given that they are already very close and given that there is no one else available.

Hmmmmm...?

Kitt

HOLY CRAP KATHLEEN!! I TOTALLY FORGOT!! :oops: I ended up drawing his baby girl for the Are You My Mommy and Daddy thread and forgot that I needed to draw him :( I'll get right on that!

Alana

Quote:
Thornbrake

Although, now that I think about it, there are no uninvolved females (or males for that matter) in their tribe, so on some level, it would make logical sense that Pool and Sust would become lovemates. I mean, how can you argue that beings that have no taboo against same-sex lovemating would NOT become lovemates given that they are already very close and given that there is no one else available.

Hmmmmm...?

I always thought that as well. I guess it's possible that they would play with Yun or Ember, but it's far more likely that they'd primarily be together. I hope the two tribes of Wolfriders meet up soon, though, I'd imagine the Sun Villager ladies would have fun with them...

Gazelle

Hehehe, Maleen, Ruffel and Vurdah would have new lovemates to fawn over!

Thornbrake

Haha, if that happened the boys wouldn't know what hit them. If Pool and Sust are lovemates, an experience with those ladies might change their minds. :)

emerald

Well Chitter is only a few years younger...so I would imagine they might get together...

crescent1325

HELL YEAH! CHITTER+SUST+POOL coupling is all im asking for! lol.. Wink

emerald

Me too! Wink

crescent1325

We should so get someone to draw that pic! :D

Gazelle

Dewy! Or Icebird when she gets back... :( . I think I just depressed myself...

crescent1325

aw zelle, you can always bug me while shes gone! Wink jk! Grin

Yeah, i think between the three of you, we would get a lovely threemate of them!

Gazelle

Oh, YAY!!!

*bugs cres*

Alana

I can do one, but lord knows when I'll be near a scanner. I'll try.

crescent1325

Cool beans Alana! if you try thats all we can ask!

Kitt

:( ...once again sorry, Kathleen...and...sorry again, because...well, Pool needs a little work :? I'll try again. For now, here's Pool and Chitter...a sketch.

cactus

Ahhh, me likey :D .
Especially Chitter. I can totally see her as that when she's older :D .

Foxeye

Sweet!

I bet you can't guess what I'm going to ask now....

Can I put that on my Chitter-speculation page?

Kitt

Of course you can! :D

emerald

Ahh! So cool! Chitter looks really nice! :P They are so cute! But where is Sust? Wink

crescent1325

Hey, can we have the Pic of them on Chitters thread too?

Kitt

Of course! She's the best part of that pic anyway :P I kinda messed up on Pool :oops: Still...whenever I draw him, he ends up looking like a young Cutter. ...like in this one. Does anyone have any tips for me to NOT make him look like his chief's father??

emerald

I think he looks great in that one! :P It's not your fault that they have the same haircut! But I don't think he looks that much like young Cutter. They have different facial features!

crescent1325

Yeah, kitt...i agree with emmie!

Kitt

*whew* Well, if you all say so, then I'll keep at it Wink ...oh...that means I can move on to Sust, too! :D

crescent1325

yeah **jumps for joy!**

Thornbrake

Cutter has a much squarer face and sharper cheekbones than Pool, and his nose tips up. I think you've gotten Pool perfectly, Kitt.

Kitt

Ah, coolness :D Thanks guys! :kiss:

Gazelle

Modern Pool:

jadengems

I love Kitt's version of them as adults!! That's fantastic.

~Gem

Kitt

Thank you, JGems! :kiss:

dartfan

Quote:
Kitt

Of course! She's the best part of that pic anyway :P I kinda messed up on Pool :oops: Still...whenever I draw him, he ends up looking like a young Cutter. ...like in this one. Does anyone have any tips for me to NOT make him look like his chief's father??

*b'eh* *mouth hangs open*.... :bow:

Oh lordy... GORGEOUS!

Inability to make complete sentences...

Can I snag this one for my Pool and Sust page?

Kitt

OF COURSE, OF COURSE!! :o

ReenBladesong

But you know what sets him aside from Cutter in that pic?
HE DOESNT HAVE SO MUCH OF A CUTE UPTURNED NOSE.

Still gorgeous though!

Kitt

[color=green:a1a7b6acbf]Grin Thanks, Reen! :P[/color:a1a7b6acbf]

ulmtwen

Dang, Kitt, I've known you're a good artist since I joined the forum, but you've really outdone yourself for this thread! Frickin' wicked interpretations of Pool, you must be really observant to how Wendy draws to make them unmistakable. And, seriously, I love how buxom you made Chitter! I was all surprised, and then I remembered who her mother is, and then, well, then I went to go look at some pretty pictures of the most stacked Wolfrider. Ahem. :oops:

crescent1325

[color=indigo:ece6975576]*falls outta chair laughing at "most stacked wolfrider"*

She is really big busted huh?[/color:ece6975576]

ulmtwen

She really is. Small-framed, tiny shoulders and collarbone, huge, round breasts. Ahhh...so idealized...so not like anyone in real life...sigh... I know this is Pool's thread, so I won't post pictures of hot Moonshade, but I will allude to one that really does show her amazing assets. That one of Strongbow and Moonshade's dream, where they're like High Ones riding their wolves in the sky, and she's wearing that clear thing, in Dreamtime. Yeah... *drool*

Foxeye

It's funny...I've always thought of Moonshade as one of the more "normal sized" of the elven women, as compared to Leetah, Shenshen, Nightfall, and Joyleaf. But now that I look at it...and I thought...y'know, that's only because she doesn't wear stuff that generates cleavage. Hum.

Kitt

[color=green:b7fec3eee6]Thank you, Ulmtwen! [b:b7fec3eee6]*giggles*[/b:b7fec3eee6] You know, like Foxy, I never noticed the bustiness of Moonshade, either! :roflmao: But, like she said, it's because she's a bit more conservative! That is SO funny now that you've pointed it out, though! :rofl:[/color:b7fec3eee6]

crescent1325

[color=indigo:f9f7a68527]Well here is one Pic of my wonderful Threemate that ive been Campaigning for!!! (By Dewy)[/color:f9f7a68527]

[img:f9f7a68527]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c142/lilpeach192001/chitter3.jpg[/img:f9f7a68527]

[color=indigo:f9f7a68527]Come you Artists, i know your out there!![/color:f9f7a68527]

emerald

[color=pink:6ec338b920][b:6ec338b920]*Squee*[/b:6ec338b920] So cute! :love: [/color:6ec338b920]

Kathleen

Oh, my. That's awesome, guys.

OMGKITTEHHOTNESS!

Kitt

:roflmao:

Moonstar

oh yay Pool! ^^ I was afaird there was no topic for him. I was like "noou!", but gladly I found it! ^^ Yay! Your artwork is wonderful by the way. I really got to keep up. I totally missed Pool growing up! >.<

lunakat

Um... *raises hand*

question:

what do we really know about Pool anyway?
Could someone describe him/his personality for me?

lunakat

Hey!

is no one going to answer my question? What happened to all you avid Pool fans anyway?

I don't anything about the little guy... except that he's Tyleet and Scouter's son, and he senses magic. Something like that.

But anything else, I'm drawing a blank.

Kitt

[color=green:8a02b3e412]That's pretty much it! :P There isn't much that's disclosed about him. OH! Except that he's got a [b:8a02b3e412]"magic feeling"[/b:8a02b3e412] the same way that Suntop did. Although, we don't see much of that later on in the story. :?[/color:8a02b3e412]

Minouche

[quote:272ee3bddb="Kitt"][color=green:272ee3bddb]... he's got a [b:272ee3bddb]"magic feeling"[/b:272ee3bddb] the same way that Suntop did. Although, we don't see much of that later on in the story. :?[/color:272ee3bddb][/quote:272ee3bddb]
Maybe because his "magic feelings" involve tracking the awful creatures of Winnowill and that their number may be dwindling thanks to the dedication of Ember's tribe.

Kitt

[color=green:daa411edc1]Well, no, I got that :P Still, it would be nice to see him use his powers for something...tracking elves...stray magic...or, it could even evolve into...well...something else :rofl: I don't know...[/color:daa411edc1]

innie

He still loves animals, and admires Teir for his gift. I also think he has a strong feeling for 'justice'. When Teir's wolfriend gets killed, and Teir doesn't want revenge because he doesn't want to upset Ember, Pool goes of on his own to revenge on the killer. That was partially due to the fact he was still a bit naive back then.

krwordgazer

One thing I remember is in the battle with the humans in Shadowstalker, Pool was shocked and upset at a human getting killed by an elf, while Sust, true to his Go-Back side, was jubilent that "we got him!"

I also seem to remember that Pool is definitely a Wolfrider through and through, while Sust struggles because wolves don't seem to want to bond with him.

innie

True, in that war, Pool lost his innocense. The first human he ever killed screamed after his mother. It was a cub just like him. And he got saved by Lehrigen when another human tried to kill him. He realized that war wasn't the way. Redlances' blood for sure. While Sust indeed was true to his Go-Back roots.

NEXT PAGE