ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Preservers are characters too BREE-DEET-DEEEE!

PCoquelin

Aaaawww,
poor Petalwing
all forgotten !!!

... and Tickletoe too !

... and ...

Willowspring

No-Wing. i dont care that OWD arent considered Canon, i think that no-Wing is awesome

Kitt

He...she...it was adorable! :D And I like Petalwing, too Wink

crescent1325

who doesnt like em? their speech is too cute...they are lovable and overprotective but in a cuteway!

twinklebug

Eeeeeee! Twinklebug like preservers too! Go flit-flit all over and make wrapstuff on nastybad dig-digs! Wheeeee!

Nakadah

Yay for preservers!! *was cast as Berrybuzz* :D

I think that they're generally a source of never-ending comic relief. They're so energetic and funny! I love it when they sing.

BREEET DEEEET DEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Grin

Emma

callidora

I love the Preservers! It's about time someone made a thread for them. And, apparently, someone things my personality matches a Preserver's *was cast as Littlesky*

twinklebug

Twinklebug want one! Can make nest in softpretty hair, fetch beesweets and juiceberries, and spit wrapstuff on nastybad librarian-thing! And help me go sleepy-sleep! Twinklebug want lots of preservers!

Elsa

I love the scene where Mender heals one of the preservers - I think it was Tittersweet. ADORABLE!

joselle

Petalwing was such a pain the ass!! But I loved when Cutter and Leetah first found it, and couldn't keep it in control! And poor Petalwing, he thought he was taking care of all the Elves by wrapping them up! Grin

krwordgazer

I think it's so funny when we first meet the Preservers. Here's Cutter, Blood of Ten Chiefs. He's beaten Rayek, wooed Leetah, met Strongbow's challenge, tricked and managed to escape Picknose. He's accustomed to being obeyed by his tribe-- even Savah is laughingly willing to "make haste, or risk his wrath!"

But he can't control the Preservers. He can threaten to pull Petalwing's wings off and get some cooperation-- but Petalwing is determined to follow and take care of him, and there really isn't anything Cutter can do about it. Grin It's just the sort of thing a young chief needs to bring him down a peg or two. Wink

Faerie_Speak

Quote:
twinklebug

... and spit wrapstuff on nastybad librarian-thing!

Surprised

Please don't wrap fluffyweird bigthing in wrapstuff! I promise I am not a nastybad librarian to my students ^^ (but many other librarians I know can be crotchety).

But, seriously, I do love the Preservers, they are hilarious! Especially when Petalwing is "much vexed!".

Diebdazar

you may still have a problem FaerieSpeak as librarians are often proponents of being still-quiet? :P

Faerie_Speak

I WISH! Not in this library. We could do with some still-quiet around here though.

....I would actually love see the Preserver's run a library.

FiveFinger

Gotta love the preservers! Sure, they bring a bit of levity and comic relief, but would that Jar Jar Binks had been so deep.

The elven magic changed them, preserved them, made them immortal, and in return they've preserved them with their cocoons. They are highly sensitive to matters arcane, as shown when the Wolfriders performed the ritual to attempt to alleviate Strongbow's suffering after slaying Kureel. The elves have only begun to explore their abilities to enhance their magic, ala the sorcerer's familiar.

RedheadEmber

[color=violet:f76f3306f0][i:f76f3306f0]BREEE DEEE DEEE[/i:f76f3306f0]

Tap-tapping Bigthings not forget We Things! We Things make sure Highthings are snuggly-safe![/color:f76f3306f0]

Yeah... what Petalwing just said...

Embala

Quote:
Cleopatra

Aaawww, No-Wing is so sweet. That poor little presever, it don't have wings.

Yeah, this poor guy got all torn up Unhappy ...

... but he managed well without :D

Easter EggQuest 2013 found .......... found

and someone gave him nice webbed feet

so he's a perfect happy, sassy Preserver

Easter EggQuest 2013 found .......... found .......... found

Some more?

Kyri2015

Don't forget Kyri Preserver!!! Wink :D Grin

Embala

Envious, Kyri? Wink

Easter EggQuest 2013 found

Easter EggQuest 2014 found found and found

Kyri2015

Nope...

Vojira

I have to say I've become utterly addicted to Preservers since I tried drawing my own.
Canon wise, I think I like Bumbleclaw the most. (least how it looks in the Preserver poster)

Embala

The Preservers made my 2012 New Year Greetings Happy

Easter EggQuest 2014 found
found

MrsGrizzley

In light of the recent honor being shown to one of their number, namely that AMAZING statue of Petalwing, I figured this thread needed a bump, 'cause, you know... Preservers really ARE Characters too!!!

And boy are they!

RichardPini

MrsGrizzley said: 'cause, you know... Preservers really ARE Characters too!!!

And we've never been entirely certain we've seen all there are...

Embala

Now that's a teaser :D ... or a threat! ^^

MrsGrizzley

SQUEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! MORE PRESERVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!!! MOAR!!! PLEASE!!!!!

RedheadEmber

RichardPini said: And we've never been entirely certain we've seen all there are...

That sorta reminds me of that old Preservers centre-spread.

A few names listed (Petalwing, Bumbleclaw and some others) and a message basically saying: "We don't know any more names. Sorry! The others just giggled and flew away."

MrsGrizzley

I used to have an OC Preserver named Flutterby... not real sure what happened to it over the years, though.

Maybe I should try to find it again.

Embala

Look what I got! :D

Lilacflush

Sweetroot

Cloudwing

Embroidery art by @marinayurk - I love them so much! Thank you for the great gift. :)

@Jeedai ... maybe you'd like to add them to your flock? (made up the names)

MrsGrizzley

CUTE!!!!!!

Gotta love Preservers of all sorts!!!

LadyUsako

I love those....
I'm kinda envy....

Embala

I was so surprised ... and so happy! *dancin* And I start to REALLY like those bugs. :)

MrsGrizzley

*laugh* Now you know why they're among my favorite characters!

I have one who popped up in my head announcing its name loud and proud, "Flitterleaf", just haven't quite known what to do with it since. I'm not really a good enough pixel artist to give it the visual presentation it deserves.

Embala

You are good with words, Grizz. Describe it! Jeedai is good with graphics ... it's worth to wait!

MrsGrizzley

Well, near as I can tell, Flitterleaf has an autumnal theme going with wings that look like autumn leaves in red, orange, and yellow. Not sure about much more than that, to be honest, the darn thing won't stay still very long... I *think* it has a green body, though.