ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Nonna & Adar the Other Pini's

Kitt

[color=#3399CC:6be650e6ad][b:6be650e6ad]WHAT! [/b:6be650e6ad] No Nonna and Adar thread? :? I mean, come on, who didn't want to be Nonna when she was taking care of Cutter back in the Forbidden Grove? I SO wanted to be her! Holding little Cutter in her arms, cooling his brow with water and fanning his fever away! [b:6be650e6ad]SCHWEET![/b:6be650e6ad] :love: And Adar, his playfully angry banter he exchanged with Skywise, it was wit against wit against mistrust! [b:6be650e6ad]CLASSIC![/b:6be650e6ad] So, come on, I KNOW I there are other Nonna & Adar lovers out there! Come on! :o[/color:6be650e6ad]

emerald

[color=blue:22b9d05b3e]Here are the pics from the who's who...just cuz I'm lazy to scan my own! Grin [/color:22b9d05b3e]

[img:22b9d05b3e]http://www.elfquest.com/pubs/bios/Humans/images/Adar.gif[/img:22b9d05b3e] [img:22b9d05b3e]http://www.elfquest.com/pubs/bios/Humans/images/Nonna.gif[/img:22b9d05b3e]

[color=blue:22b9d05b3e]I don't how I feel about these two...I really hated the way Adar burned Nightrunner...I know it was only in self defence but I'd rather take the animal's side!

I did, however, like them later on when they helped save Windkin! I thought that was sweet! :P [/color:22b9d05b3e]

Trollbabe

No offense to the Pini-inspired characters (Nonna, Adar, the chump from the audience in that circus scene in "Rogue's Curse", Count Pinchpini from the "Myth" series, etc.), but I think the reason people don't want to be human characters is that their life expectancy is miniscule. EQ readers enjoy the element of fiction that has to do with living for thousands of years.

crescent1325

what i like about Nonna was when she and cutter had the conversation at the end of Book 7, and she offord her hand in frenship not worshipishness (is that a word??? LOL). It was nice that she could do that.

Trollbabe

That's a good comparison - friendship vs. worship.

Trollbabe

... although I would find it hard, myself, to worship uninvited guests who cut me and took a whiz in my yard...

twinklebug

Quote:
Trollbabe

... although I would find it hard, myself, to worship uninvited guests who cut me and took a whiz in my yard...

:roflmao:

Trollbabe

What happened to all of their adopted kids?

Minouche

Hem...they grew up hearing elves stories ad nauseam, courted using tidbits of elven knowledge to always win the mate they wanted, married when they found their heart's true love, had kids (or adopted some) whom they put to sleep with elves stories, grandkids and great-grandkids to whom they did the same, died old and content among a wonderfully loving, artistically inclined, and tolerant tribe, and were lovingly buried in a cave amidst mounds of flowers and pretty elven effigies drawn or sculpted by the best of Nonna art students and....that's why we don't hear about them: because happy folks don't have sagas Wink Buuuut.... maybe, who knows....someday the cave will be found by Jink...aaaaand...she' ll suddenly recover her memory and we' ll get to know everything.... and...we' ll live happily ever after Grin ...... Wink

Faerie_Speak

Quote:
Trollbabe

What happened to all of their adopted kids?

Sounds like a plot bunny to me! *wriggles about to see if she can work it into a story*

Trollbabe

Adar asks the Elves at some point, what he would get in return for worshipping him. The Wolfriders' religious inclination is ancestor worship, if the can be said to have one. So Adar could expect as much from the Elves, as they could expect from the High Ones.

Embala

To illustrate and prove the headline Wink

Easter EggQuest 2012 found - Easter EggQuest 2012 found

Trollbabe

I still don't understand why they lived alone in the woods, instead of moving in with Nonna's tribe.

lunakat

@Trollbabe- good point. Maybe you just didn't do that after leaving. Maybe it was... socially awkward.

lunakat

Isn't it interesting that Nonna and Adar to have the kind of friendship with the elves that Shuna could not? Or could they? Nonna kept calling them "honored ones." Maybe it's a trope in Elfquest that human women who hang out with elves can't help but worship, while men are more grounded...

Trollbabe

By the time they go back to their respective villages, Nonna seems to be the only one with a living parent. Maybe her parents didn't like Adar?