ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Female Door - Strongbow's Bane

Lady_Door

I loved her. I was hoping that of all the Gliders, she survived. She was angelic, beautiful, and ever the faithful servant. Which is why I picked her as my username here. :)

She had something behind those eyes that the male Door never had.

crescent1325

Of all the elves of Blue mountain, i think she was the prettiest....

Oh..btw...welcome to the forum!

krwordgazer

Lady Door, welcome to the Forum!

I have changed the title of your thread to make it clearer which Door we are talking about. :)

I always found female Door fascinating-- but it is male Door, who successfully resisted Strongbow's commands and trapped Skywise, who I myself would have called "Strongbow's Bane." Wink

Fourleafclover

Welcome Lady Door! :D Do you need a female Door avatar? Wink

Female door was definately intruiging..... I wish we knew more about her... I suppose the most back story we get on the Doors is from "A Wolfrider's Reflection"

nevaratoiel

Um... it wasn't Female Door who trapped Skywise. That was Male Door... :?

crescent1325

nevaratoiel: **whispers**K-mom said that

Quote:
krwordgazer

....but it is male Door, who successfully resisted Strongbow's commands and trapped Skywise, who I myself would have called "Strongbow's Bane."

nevaratoiel

Grin Umm.... I think I missed that... :oops:

But why is there still the title "Female Door: Strongbow's Bane" then? Surprised

crescent1325

I guess thats what lady_door wanted to name this thread. Plus, there was the Book 3 Incident inwhich he had to FORCE female Door open...maybe thats what she is thinking of...

Lady_Door

Exactly. She was his bane. She stopped him from getting outside in the original Quest when he wanted to get out of Winnowill's sight. Or was that get her out of his? We don't even meet the other Door for at least another issue. (where are my original series or graphic novels? oh yah.. packed away still *sigh*)

She kept him in when he wanted out, and kept him out when he wanted in in order to help Cutter rescue Suntop from Winnie.

I think he said something about having to nearly break his tail getting out and putting in a sling to get back in. So she's his bane.

Oh.. I need to find my graphic novels...

krwordgazer

It's ok, Lady Door. Just a little difference of opinion-- I can see how female Door could be "Strongbow's Bane." I was just explaining why the title as it originally read: "Door - Strongbow's Bane" made me think of the male Door, which is why I changed it. :)

Lady_Door

Male door is just as warped as Winnowill. He got what he deserved.

Door, with her faint golden hair, should have lived like Egg did.

Then there's all the other nameless Gliders. They didn' t have to die. *sob*

lunakat

Door certainly did her job. She was a diligent and focused worker, if not entirely serivice-oriented. She never wasted words, and yet performed her function with aplomb!

(Rather similar to Strongbow, if you think about it...)

Her very being embodied the allegorical bureaucracy that was Blue Mountain. A living symbol of her people...

And she was quite pretty to look at as well!

Lady_Door

ah.. here it is...

OQ 12 - "What is the way"

[i:4b6857c8e0]Wordlessly the Wolfriders troop toward "Door."

"Please don't go!" says Leetah, "You can't get out this way anyway! Door only responds to Winnowill!"

At the meer mention of that hated name, Strongbow's lip curls in a snarl! He begins to send with greater ferocity than ever before. The strength which sustained him, kept him silent through Winnowill's cruelest assault -- -- is now focused on Door.

*Door - Open! Door - Open! Door - Open!*

(cut for brevity)

*No One Holds Me! Door - Open!*

At last faint comprehension flickers in the rock-shaper's eyes. Though it comes from a totally unfamiliar source, Door responds to the mental command. Strongbow has won![/i:4b6857c8e0]

And that's half the reason why she's Strongbow's bane. The other half is when he has to get him, Moonshade and the wolves in.

krwordgazer

Yes. . . I see . . .

But I always thought "bane" meant "the death of" or "the ultimate defeat of" someone.

Nightsea

:D
--Nightsea

Embala

She's a beauty indeed!

full body shot

Allura

More pretty images:

Embala

Beautiful shots from the Archives Edition! What a difference to the first colorings .... though I still love my early ones with Donning coloring.

The one with Strongbows order reminds me of a little something I made ...

My very first try on "story telling" happened far back in 2008 ... inspired by the "Weirdest Recognition" thread ... eaten by the hacker attack ... reposted ... destroyed by the site change ...
I decided to post it as a pic now ... beg your pardon! Razz

Weirdest Recognition Scene

Allura

LOL. Wouldn't that have just pissed him off to no end? Smile

Embala

He is all into "The Way" and fulfilling Recognition IS THE WAY. And he is a devoted father. I doubt that he would have tried to reject Recognition in any way.

I even got a comment that Moonshade would have welcomed this Recognition for sake of the new life it will bring. More or less my thoughts, too ... but the blue smiley was much too tempting! XD

Strongbow wasn't really pleased how the cubling turned out Wink ... it's a pity that Mournsong's funny pic is deletes Unhappy

Allura

I doubt he would deny it either, but I don't think he'd be happy about it, at least at first, considering the emotional state he was in when it would have happened. "I want to get out of this horrible place asap!" *surprise Recognition!* "Ugh... fine!"

Embala

Roflmao Poor Strongbow indeed!

Peacekeeper

Good for you! Female Door was my favorite in Elfquest for the same reasons you just mentioned. I kinda feel Door is a bit of a slave name though. I think the perfect elf name for her would have been Innocence. Her sweet, angelic face looked in that way. And you can look and tell she had a heart of gold. Bravo for you though! I would have loved seeing her continue as a 'new' elf amongst the elves. As for a male, my favorite will always be Suntop.

Peacekeeper

Of all the elves of Blue mountain, i think she was the prettiest....

Oh..btw...welcome to the forum!

krwordgazer i'm glad you liked female Door also. And I'm very impressed with your avatar being Suntop getting inside Winnowill's mind. He was my favorite male with such bravery and goodness.

Peacekeeper

I could fall in love with her easily! I'm sure she had a good heart, just confused...

Embala

Somewhere on the Scroll was a poll: Wihich deceased character would you wish to bring back?"

I had no answer, because each death (no matter how much I might have disliked it personally) made sense and had an impact storywise. Make it "unhappened" would change the story ... or have effects on character developement.

Then I remembered Lady Door ... and thought: She I would like to have still around! One more Glider ... and a character who could develope throught the stories to come. Not necessarily on front, like Aroree did during Shards, but in the background - gradually and as an ongoing appearance.

Peacekeeper

I couldn't agree more Embala! I think she would have made the world a much happier place!

PCoquelin

Deceased?...

I don't think so.

RedheadEmber

She had a freeking mountain fall on her!
But of course, so did Aurek...

PCoquelin

I've always had a very strange feeling about all those Blue Mountain elves DEDICATED to specific magical tasks.

"Brace", "Egg" (Aurek), first female "Door", male "Door" (who later became a dictator in BB's plotline in the Forevergreen), and the third (forgotten but remember: it's the one who was replaced by Two-Edge) "Door" are the ones we, the readers, know of..
  ..but I'm pretty certain there were MANY other ones.

Aurek's remarks, all along..
The dialogue between Leetah and Winnowill when we first see Brace..
Aroree mentioning that Winnowill served them some potion now and then..

As if those elves had decided to REMOVE THEMSELVES from the world..
..magic and their mental personal kingdom becoming their ONLY universe.

Once and for all.

They may very well have had VERY good reasons for doing so.

And their clothing and looks also tell some tale, I guess..

RedheadEmber

WHAT?
Are you telling me that 'Catatonia Country Rag' isn't actually an accurate description of what happened? Fem-Door didn't sneak hair-removed into Winnowill's shampoo?

Embala

I'm very curious whether (part of) your suspicions will come true, PC!

Is there really a third Door? I've never paid enough attention ...
- female Door guarded the way outside
- male Door ... wasn't he the one guarding Winnowill's quarters?
... and wasn't HE replaced by Two-Edge (for an interlude only)?

PCoquelin

Embala said
- male door ... wasn't he the one guarding Winnowill's quarters?

Hmmmmm... You're right, dear.

Male "Door"

"Door" replaced by Two-Edge

Funnily enough I was mostly certain there was a third "Door".
Strange.

But where, oh.. WHERE does that giant stairway lead to..?

Trollbabe

I can picture several places in which a third door would be useful.

Embala

... and I've seen one of your suggestions. XD

More?

Easter EggQuest 2014 reserved for Zinegirl found

Rae_treeshaper

Lady_Door and Embala may I use your signature for my facebook cover? Ill put your names on it. And your love of the female door is great, you've got me a fan. Surly they could bring her back?

MrsGrizzley

Ya know... I had planned, all those years ago, for the Lady Door to go to her death with the rest of Blue Mountain, *against* HalfElven's wishes... but with how HalfElven feels about life... the idea of a Recognition could be HILARIOUS...

Embala

Rae_treeshaper said: Lady_Door and Embala may I use your signature for my facebook cover? Ill put your names on it. And your love of the female door is great, you've got me a fan. Surly they could bring her back?
What exactly do you mean with "my signature", Vineleaf? I'd say: "Sure, you can! :)" ... but I'd like to know whether It's in my responsibility to allow it at all!

To stay on topic- a banner ... oops, a longish miniature collage XD for female Door:

Peacekeeper

I absolutely LOVE Door's banner, Embala, and yes I'm back!  Great to see you a great fan of her too Rae!!!

Embala

@Peacekeeper Thank you very much and welcome back, Peacekeeper! :D

Rae_treeshaper

You get around a fair bit dear @Peacekeeper ! @Embala I meant on facebook cover and forums although I have tried to make ones of my own but cant... I cant even seem to view anyone elses images but your own .. which is strange yours are the only graphics I can see on this forum website.

Embala

@Rae_treeshaper I still don't know what "signature" you actually mean. The name banner I made for you? The Door banner? Something else?

I'm fine with it as long as there's no copyright violation. When it is an ElfQuest banner/signature make sure to add the WaRP copyright. It's nice when you'll mention me too but I donm't care much about this. :)

It's strange to have this talk in Door's thread. How about pm?

Songchaser

Allura 2:22 AM on Sun, Feb 12, 2012 ReplyFlag
LOL. Wouldn't that have just pissed him off to no end?

Embala 11:33 AM on Sun, Feb 12, 2012 ReplyFlag
He is all into "The Way" and fulfilling Recognition IS THE WAY. And he is a devoted father. I doubt that he would have tried to reject Recognition in any way.

Allura 11:57 AM on Sun, Feb 12, 2012 ReplyFlag
I doubt he would deny it either, but I don't think he'd be happy about it, at least at first, considering the emotional state he was in when it would have happened. "I want to get out of this horrible place asap!" *surprise Recognition!* "Ugh... fine!"

@Allura Quote from Strongbow: "I like it quiet!"
OTP material for sure. ;)