ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Skot, that sexy hunk of Go-Back!

Gazelle

I just realised that Skot has no thread in his honour. Well, I've decided to put things right! He may be dead but his legacy lives on in Sust, Krim and Pike, his family. He started off as a Go-Back, became a Wolfrider and fought and died an honourable death in the Shards War. He also makes me laugh each time I open Dreamtime and see him showing throat to Cutter.
I'll say it again, he's one sexy hunk of Go-Back!

Suzene

Those links don't work. You'll need to upload the pics off of your computer and onto webspace. :)

Suzene

Gazelle

Oh, sorry. How do I do that? PM me so we won't ruin Skot's place of honour.

ulmtwen

Skot is awesome, and one of my favourite characters (alone with Pike). Funny, I'm not that big a fan of Krim.

I identify with him so much; he's really an extension of my favourite part of my personality. Like, I could never act like him (because I'm not in the same situations as he is) but sometimes I feel like I share his mentality and views on life. I definitely admire the Go-Back philosophy.

I love in the final Shards war when he and Krim are with Strongbow and they go from a brutal battle and then Strongbow turns his back for a second and they're having sex. I thought that was hilarious, so classic. And the look on Strongbow's face when they're inviting him to join them! Is it an amused smile? But what's with when he says "pounding" later? That just seemed so weird...

I don't really like how that artist drew Skot though... Especially in his last panel. :(

Gazelle

Oh, I know! Me too. I wanted Wendy to draw his death (and Zhantee's, for that matter) like she drew Tyleet and Scouter's recogniton because it was a special moment.

And I feel Skot, Pike and Krim are a big part of my personality too.

innie

I started to really like Skot after his part in dreamtime. I love his dream and the look of concern on Pike's face when he carries Skot home. I like the way Strongbow and Moonshade could finally show them who they were. I liked Pike a lot more with Skot than with Krim. I think they were the real couple.

Nakadah

Quote:
Gazelle

Oh, I know! Me too. I wanted Wendy to draw his death (and Zhantee's, for that matter) like she drew Tyleet and Scouter's recogniton because it was a special moment.

That would've been very nice.. Wendy also didn't draw the moment when Skywise and Cutter recognized... Or.. did she..? *Hasn't read that one in a long time*

Anyway, I think the big question is, who was Sust's father? Did we ever find out? I hope it was Skot so that he'd have a living legacy and whatnot.

Emma

innie

Quote:
Nakadah

Anyway, I think the big question is, who was Sust's father? Did we ever find out? I hope it was Skot so that he'd have a living legacy and whatnot.

Emma

We never found it out, but that is because it's not important to the elves. It doesn't matter who's the father. Even though they can easily know who the father is with a healer's help.

emerald

Quote:
Gazelle

[size=29:32c5639b73]She did? I didn't know that! It certainly doesn't look like Wendy drew it! Surprised :? [/size:32c5639b73]

innie

She didn't draw the story. But the cover of the story is drawn by Wendy.

emerald

oh! *sighs in relief* I knew that! :D

Gazelle

I thought she drew Tyleet and Scouter's faces because the other artists can never get Tyleet just right (her hair and face get messed up). :(

krwordgazer

What really intrigued me about Skot was the interaction he had with Strongbow. It started in Dreamtime, and continued through Shards, but the conservative elder and the rebellious maverick developed a rappore that I thought was extremely special. :)

ulmtwen

Definitely! What was it? "Death-seeking Go-Backs?"

The smile in the **Join us?** panel?

Hilarious! In a very intense part of the Shards War.

crescent1325

Yes that was very intresting to see! lol...

You know...we need some skot pics! who is getting em??

Gazelle

If someone would tell me how to post pics I got lots of 'em!

crescent1325

[color=indigo:0d6df787b6]1. Create photobucket account...
2. load to photobucket
3. link to EQ by using the [img] [ /img] tags, just make shure the URL addy is inbetween...

hehehe...there you go![/color:0d6df787b6]

Gazelle

*brain blows up*

*walks around like a zombie for a while*

*grows a new brain with an anti-blow up device*

Sorry, to hard for lil' old me. Let's just say I'm not exactly a computer genius Wink .

crescent1325

no no ..its really simple...seriously...go to photobucket.com then follow the instructions on how to load it up to them.. then when its loaded... they give you a URL for it... then you just load it here by using the img linkie things... at the top of post a reply thingy...

Gazelle

ok.... I'll have a go..... i guess.....

Gazelle

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j275/11britke/skot2.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j275/11britke/skot1.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j275/11britke/Skot.jpg

Ok, done the url photobucket thingy but they won't come up as img when I do the img thingo. Where and when to you click on the ?

Please PM me so you don't wreck Skot's sacred place. *bows* "thank you for respecting our community." *continues humming* "Skottttttttttttttt, Skotttttttttttttt, guide us on our daily path, Skotttttttttttttttt"

cactus

*Giggle*
I guess I'm gonna wreck Skots place a little after all :P Grin .

[img:61ee89a9db]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j275/11britke/skot1.jpg[/img:61ee89a9db]

That's one of the images you posted. If you quote my post, you'll see how the img thingies are placed Wink .
You can either click on the img button, then paste the URL, and then the img button again.
Or you can post the URL, highlight it, and then press the img button.

joselle

In each of the photos that you upload to photobucket they should also have a list of three codes beneath each pic: just copy and paste the IMG code and it should work here just fine!

that said....how exactally did Skot die? (asking for spoilers here) never read that story....

Gazelle

It's all so sad, joselle!

Clearbrook and Treestump needed to get across a bridge but a Peace Hound was blocking the way and Skot hit Krim so she wouldn't go and ran on the bridge (which was on fire at the time). He fought the Peace Hound on his own until the bridge collasped from the flames and he was dead.

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

ulmtwen

No! He goes out in a tremendous blaze of glory, in true Go-Back style! Yeah, it's sad for us, but he gets to go back and he howls as he goes down in flames. It's a noble death.

I thought it was awesome.

Have we seen Krim's cub yet? Do we know whether or not Skot lives on?

joselle

oh that is sad! But Ulmtwen's right...Go-Backs have never minded dying, and he did save Krim and the others, right? :D

And I think we did. Sust is Krim's kid. (looks a bit like Pike to me...) but I've heard people say it's Skot's for sure! (no black hair though.) :(

crescent1325

[color=indigo:ade0243f01]Yeah, i think its Skots for shure, cuz Krim tells Pike when they reunite "i brought something home for you" or something along those lines...[/color:ade0243f01]

Gazelle

We can't tell, coz he looks just like Krim. The only reason he MIGHT look like Pike is they have the same hair do. Not the same color, just the shape.

Gazelle

[img]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j275/11britke/skot2.jpg[/img]

CrescentElf

[img:9338906de7]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j275/11britke/skot2.jpg[/img:9338906de7]

You forgot a bracket but yep thats how it's done, poor Skot, but he did go as he wanted to go, protecting his loved ones. Its sad though he went in flames, because he commented that he didn't think that was the way he wanted to die, though to protect his lifemate--

Gazelle

I know.

Where did I miss a bracket?!?!?!

Gazelle

EDIT

SueB

Hi, all! :) Just thought I'd chime in with a few observations on Skot.

I always found his character cute and intriguing-he seemed to be having a great time just hanging out, scoring with the elf babes and being a smart-mouth- but I have to wonder at what point Wendy decided he would eventually be killed off in the 'Shards' storyline. If it was early on enough, I wish she'd done more with his character during the Hidden Years series, developed him a bit more, maybe even given him his own story, because I didn't really feel as if I knew him all that well by the time he died.

In contrast, Zhantee was pretty well developed, and I felt his death scene had a lot more impact.

Was Skot's portion of Dreamtime published before his death in 'Shards' or afterwards? I thought that was a great glimpse into his character, but it seemed a bit contradictory to what we saw in Shards (his only desire is to have a child before he dies, yet in 'Shards' he seems very eager to perish gloriously in battle despite the fact he hasn't had a child yet). Overall, though, I loved his part in that series, about the only deep look we got into what made him tick.

And I definitely agree with the poster who didn't like Skot's last panel-something about it is kinda disturbing to me, it's really a pretty unattractive picture of what should be a soaring, transcendant moment (though I'm sure the artist did his best). I think it's the teeth, for some reason!

The first image of Skot fighting the hound on the burning drawbridge is great, though! He looks pretty happy to be kickin' bad-guy butt.

Sue :)

Gazelle

Hehehe, you really gotta love Skot.

ulmtwen

I agree with SueB on that Skot's last panel thing. It's not the best drawing ever, but still, it was a good moment.

I don't know about the development of his character, though. I just felt like I sympathized with his character and that he was pretty simple and self-explanitory, so for me it was enough before he died. He's one of my favourite characters (maybe my favourite) and I thought he lived and died in wicked Go-Back style.

Gazelle

That pic in Dreamtime just as he tells his dream is my absolute favourite one of Skot. He looks so hot there!

Anyone have that picture?

cactus

I think I posted that and some others in the requested pic thread. I'll see
if I can find it :D .

Edit: This one?

Gazelle

EEEEEEE!!!!! *jumps up and down and bounces off walls*

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!

*Prints picture and sticks it on bedroom ceiling* *stares at picture and melts*

Ben: What are you looking at, darling?
Me: *drools*
Ben: Hey! That isn't me!

He looks so hot there!!

NightAngel

He looks like Tom Cruise on that picture.

I wish I didn't have that association because Tom stinks.

Skot is a toughy, with a small heart of gold.

His dream is still my favorite dream -dreamtime-

Siwan

[quote:5e4e0c8f0d="NightAngel"]He looks like Tom Cruise on that picture.

I wish I didn't have that association because Tom stinks.

Skot is a toughy, with a small heart of gold.

His dream is still my favorite dream -dreamtime-[/quote:5e4e0c8f0d]

Now that you mention it he does look like Tom Cruise there.
I don't like Tom at all actually but I like Skott because he's so .. I don't no free?

kayleigh_talitha

Tom Cruise? *screeches* No no no, that's not Tom, I refuse to see the resemblance (even though I do see it)

Skot's just fiiiiiine

ReenBladesong

Skot had so much potential.... I still cant beleive hes Dead.... :crying:

Siwan

Quote:
kayleigh_talitha

Tom Cruise? *screeches* No no no, that's not Tom, I refuse to see the resemblance (even though I do see it)

Skot's just fiiiiiine

Skot is way better than Tom Cruise

ReenBladesong

Yeah skot doesnt look like a midjet beside HIS lifemate.

crescent1325

hehehehe :twisted:

Thallasia

Quote:
Reen Bladesong

Yeah skot doesnt look like a midjet beside HIS lifemate.

That's because Skot's lifemates are midgets too!
*runs away giggling*

Actually, I really like Skot, he's a total hottie. And Nighty... I really wish you hadn't pointed out the Tom Cruise resemblance ;)

SueB

SPOILERS FOR NEW WAVE DANCERS SERIES 'DISCOVERY'

Just curious-is there any mention of Skot at all in the new Wave Dancers series? I heard Zhantee was seen and/ or mentioned, just wondered if they brough up Skot as well...thanks!

cactus

Yes, he's mentioned. And we see a small spiritimage of him :D .

emerald

I made an avatar out of it. :D

SueB

Oooo! Neat avatar, emerald, thanks for sharing it! Very cool!!

What's/ who's that next to him? Looks like part of a shield and a sword...

Willowspring

i think its supposed to be Vaya... but i dont know

crescent1325

i thought Vaya was in the Back, the two in the front was Skot and Vok. i always wondered why Vok was in the front... :?

SueB

Thanks for the info!! Yeah, Vok's sort of an odd choice for such a prominent position, but I'm just glad she included Skot! That's a nice drawing of him!

Just curious, who's holding the sword?

krwordgazer

My newest fanfic is my first ever featuring Skot! :D It appears about halfway down this page:

Getting Tough

krwordgazer

Another story featuring Skot, set at Thorny Mountain soon after the return of the Palace:

What Matters

Treefox

I just had time to read What Matters during my lunch break and enjoyed it very much! I think it must be the first fanfic I read about Skot.

I liked that you threw some light on the aristocratic society during the Djun's rule. That is very unique, I think. Also, the fact that Moonshade's and Strongbow's lesson really sunk into Skot's mind was very nice. It emphasizes what an impact that moment had on him.

krwordgazer

Thanks, Treefox! :D Of course, aristocratic society in Grohmul Djun's time is almost entirely conjecture on my part-- based on the short glimpse we get of the Djun with his nobles in the Shards arc, and some cobbling together of Earth customs (Western European) to try to make something that would work within the parameters I was given for this story. (The story is for a "challenge" we do monthly in which six plot elements chosen by the writers have to be included.) And, of course, my own imagination. 8)

But Skot, I think, really was changed by his encounter there with Strongbow and Moonshade, as was Krim. The most interesting aspect of that Dreamtime story, I think, is that it was not the disciplinary action that really got through to Skot and Krim, but Strongbow and Moonshade's lowering of barriers and sharing their innermost souls with the two rebel Go-Backs. After that I think Skot and Krim felt "as one with the tribe," as Strongbow put it, probably for the first time in all those thousands of years. Long overdue, perhaps? Makes you wonder why no one had ever shared like that with them before. . .

Treefox

I used to read the monthly grab-bag stories. :) Maybe, I'll have the time to do so again. I always found them very enjoyable.

[quote:53ba2e9f90]After that I think Skot and Krim felt "as one with the tribe," as Strongbow put it, probably for the first time in all those thousands of years. Long overdue, perhaps? Makes you wonder why no one had ever shared like that with them before. . .[/quote:53ba2e9f90]

I agree with that. Somehow sad that they felt so little integrated in a tribe they spent hundreds of years with. Ah well, thinking of Pike, I guess it wasn't all bad. Wink
As to why no one ever shared that before, maybe no one ever realized how alienated those two felt inside? Probably they send less than the Wolfriders do, so they would get less insight into Skot's and Krim's mind? Hm, just very superficial thoughts, I guess.

krwordgazer

Well, I don't know if they actually felt "alienated inside." After all, as Skot said to Strongbow, "You know you love me!" Skot and Krim did feel accepted and loved by the Wolfriders. But somehow they never felt "as one" with them. I think the part about not liking sending has a lot to do with it. Strongbow said, "If you practiced [sending] more often, you'd feel as one with the tribe." Which implies that the fact they didn't like sending and didn't send very often, was keeping them from feeling as one with the tribe. But I do wonder why no one ever sent to them before as Strongbow and Moonshade did.

Of course, maybe it's that Skot and Krim didn't want it and wouldn't have accepted it-- until they got themselves in the position they were in at that point in Dreamtime. Submit or be banished.

manga

Quote:
krwordgazer

Well, I don't know if they actually felt "alienated inside." After all, as Skot said to Strongbow, "You know you love me!" Skot and Krim did feel accepted and loved by the Wolfriders. But somehow they never felt "as one" with them. I think the part about not liking sending has a lot to do with it. Strongbow said, "If you practiced [sending] more often, you'd feel as one with the tribe." Which implies that the fact they didn't like sending and didn't send very often, was keeping them from feeling as one with the tribe. But I do wonder why no one ever sent to them before as Strongbow and Moonshade did.

Of course, maybe it's that Skot and Krim didn't want it and wouldn't have accepted it-- until they got themselves in the position they were in at that point in Dreamtime. Submit or be banished.

Well, as has already been mentioned maybe the others weren't aware they needed it. But also maybe the others just didn't want to. What Strongbow and Moonshade did appeared *very* deep and intimate. Perhaps even only a step or two away from the sharing of soul-names. (Just conjecturing here.) Maybe the others didn't (for various reasons and in no way trying to disparage Skot or Krim) want to be so intimate with them.

lunakat

That makes sense-- the wolfriders are very private, even among eachother. But what Moonshade and Strongbow did probably helped Krim and Skot understand, maybe even experience, what it meant to be a wolfrider, in a way that allowed them to understand something they hadn't before.

maybe?

Zinegirl

I don't like that Skot is dead. Unhappy
He's funny.

Legionnary

Quote:

I just realised that Skot has no thread in his honour. Well, I've decided to put things right! He may be dead but his legacy lives on in Sust, Krim and Pike, his family. He started off as a Go-Back, became a Wolfrider and fought and died an honourable death in the Shards War. He also makes me laugh each time I open Dreamtime and see him showing throat to Cutter.

I'll say it again, he's one sexy hunk of Go-Back!

I agree, he was a very funny and interesting character. I was very sad when he died. The part when Stronbow and Moonshade take Krim and him in charge was great. He was the perfect type of character to fit with Pike.

sulken

hmm, but, for the drama in Shard's sake, he was, apparently (together with Zhantee) disposable

but I liked his chara, too

faeriegirl

characters are NEVER disposable in EQ. Sadly, sometimes someone 'has' to die, but there's always a good reason, and most of the time, even after death those characters help in one way or another! (One-eye/Strongbow, Zhantee/Cutter...)

Quiver

And Skot/Clearbrook & Treestump.

I always thought that at least Zhantee or Skot had to die because they had the same hairstyle from the front....(sorry)

Have you noticed how we tend to grieve these animated elves in much the same way as we would real people? I know at least I tend to think of One-eye, Skot, Zhantee, etc. as 'those who died'. They did so during the progression of the plot and so we had time to get attached to them in contrast to elves who died before the first issue. At least I don't feel as much attached to those who were killed by Madcoil. But maybe that's just me.

In the comic there is usually a reason for someone to die, like the cases above when elves sacrifice themselves for others, or more generally for the plot to progress. It gives their deaths meaning in a way that doesn't tend to happen that often in real life. Perhaps it helps us deal with the meaninglessness of death.

sulken

... honestly, a comic-book character is a comic-book character, and if s/he vanishes it might be a bit said but a won't cry my eyes out. I'm not hurt by their deaths (as I would be when one of my family or friends would die) (but maybe that's just me...)

a dead elf isn't the same as a dead human, they don't have to disappear in the story (like Winnowill). But still, there's more drama in a storyline if there are some going to die. Like future quest. Readers will get more excited when it's said that there will be deaths. Otherwise it's just "oh, I know there's nothing tragic going to be happen"

Embala

Let's see what will show again:

Gazelle said

Easter EggQuest 2013 found

JRoseberry

We shall never really know Susts sire. Wendy shut us up by making him look like his Mother...LOL I am glad that Skot and Krim are together again, but sad for Pike and Sust.

Heather

JRoseberry said: We shall never really know Susts sire

Won't we? I think we may learn that it is actually both of them. But even if don't, if it doesn't matter to the elves... ;)

Embala

There will always be discussion - simply because it is an important point for humans. Because we like to speculate about this "valid" topic ;) But the elves ... when they would have had the change to raise him together, Skot and Pike would be equql fathers - equal love, equal pride and passing down the best of their experiances, skills and habits in the upbringing.

THEY would have been his fathers - maybe even spitit Skot feels like the fawn's father. :) Would be a cool twist when it turns out that both are his biological/spiritual fathers, too ... or whatever this is called in elfin terms, @Heather.

Personally I like to fancy that Sust was sired by Skot - not for comprehensible facts or evidence but for a simple wish. Skot's dream was about having a fawn to go on for him - I so wish his dream got fulfilled. And Pike is the father of this cub without any doubt!

MultiFacets

It's my vote that Skot is Sust's sire because Sust once mentioned the wolves aren't interested in him, which implies he's unable to bond with them. I don't think there's ever been a wolf-blooded elf who was unable to bond with a wolf. Even Windwhisper from the BoTC novels was able to bond with wolves, and she was only an eighth wolf.

So while Sust is still a Wolfrider, Skot got his wish to have a fawn. Part of him lives on.

Heather

MultiFacets said: Sust once mentioned the wolves aren't interested in him, which implies he's unable to bond with them.

I believe Wendy said he does have a wolf friend now. So, I think there is more going on than what we realize.

I prefer the idea that they are both the sires. Honestly, I wouldn't want it to be just Skot, because I am not a big fan of him and also, I think it would be more interesting for the character to be the first elf (that we have seen) that has this sort of parentage.

Embala

Heather said: I think it would be more interesting for the character to be the first elf (that we have seen) that has this sort of parentage.
... and it would grant Skot's dream. :) An interesting concept that would include the best of all for me.

RedheadEmber

I'm leaning more and more towards the they're both the sire option. Certainly seem possible for the elves.

And now I really want a sort of "side story" in which Skot and Krim - in the Palace - argue over who had the most glorious passing.

Embala

Would LOVE to read this! :D

Easter EggQuest 2015 found

JRoseberry

Not saying that we will never know, just that my need to know has been eased by the fact that he looks like Krim.

RedheadEmber

Of course she's the mother.

JRoseberry

Well if we really want to go there....LOL Maybe Scot had a cub or even cubs before Krim or even after, Krim and Pike. There is a lot of stuff we don't know yet...

Embala

JRoseberry said: Maybe Scot had a cub or even cubs before Krim or even after, Krim and Pike.
A soothing thought ... his wish could be granted without him (or we) knowing. :D

Bearclaw3

@Gazelle Ok while we are talking about "go backs" I am one my name is ZILLAH I'm part wolf rider, part go back, all adventurer/questaholic, hic really good dream berries, PIKE!

RedheadEmber

How could he have gotten a cub after Krim and Pike? He died while he was with them...

JRoseberry

Heh, Exactly...it's what you want it to be...

Trollbabe

SPOILERS:

I think it is a shame that Pike has gone from a three-mating, to being single again. His father was killed by Madcoil, and his half-sister Rainsong is long gone. Maybe he will find another male-female couple to bond with.