ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Those Without Names...

Kitt

[color=green:b6c4a98e90]Uh, yeah, dangit! I mean, there was Newstar's lifemate, the guy in Shenshen's hut who was lurking in the shadows, the Jackwolfrider with the bandana (you know the one Wink ) the miscellaneous Gliders & Go-Backs and the two elf maidens who were dancing with Leetah in Fire and Flight...but, who were they? These are the elves that caught our eye, but have, for one reason or another, have remained nameless. These elves are...[/color:b6c4a98e90]

[color=#339999:b6c4a98e90][size=24:b6c4a98e90][i:b6c4a98e90][b:b6c4a98e90]~*Those Without Names*~[/b:b6c4a98e90][/i:b6c4a98e90][/size:b6c4a98e90][/color:b6c4a98e90]

[img:b6c4a98e90]http://img334.imageshack.us/img334/155/flowermaiden6ed.gif[/img:b6c4a98e90]

Thallasia

Ahh...I love that picture. I think she is so gorgeous and that dress in just so sexy.

Oh and yes I know which Jackwolfrider you mean...:)

cactus

Ohh, I love that pic, and that girl :D .

Hehe. I remember when I was very young, and had just discovered Elfquest Grin . It must have been the secon time I saw the "Fire and Flight" book, cause I could read most of it then. I was wondering why Cutter didn't take that girl instead, cause she was just as pretty as Leetah Grin . I was so shallow :roll: . And I obviously didn't understand the consept of recognition (or beeing in love for that matter) :P .

crescent1325

[color=indigo:b9e8cd8a9f]Yes, very pretty...but what freakin jackwolfrider are you talking about? im lost! Grin [/color:b9e8cd8a9f]

Kitt

[color=green:aacdfd5531][b:aacdfd5531]*laughing at Cactus* [/b:aacdfd5531] It's okay, Honey, when it comes to EQ, we all have the right to be a little shallow Wink

[b:aacdfd5531]*gasps* [/b:aacdfd5531] Crescent! You don't know whom we're talking about?? Surprised Wait a minute![/color:aacdfd5531]

Kitt

[color=green:dc21150d18]Here you go, also, take note of the hooded elf! He's all mysterious like that in every panel :P :[/color:dc21150d18]

[img:dc21150d18]http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2088/jackriders19vf.jpg[/img:dc21150d18]

Icebird

Is the elf between Dodia and Dart ..-.. Shushen?? Surprised

The bandana-elf on Dart's right side.. he looks like a Dart-wannabe - See? he has the same leg-guard-thingies and the same weapon - arrowwhip?

Foxeye

I bet that *is* the elf that became Shushen!

I'm pretty certain that the one to Dodia's other side, with the hood, is Zhantee.

The rest of 'em are poor nameless elveses. :( Heck, they all but disappeared after their last appearance in KotBW. Did they mostly get killed in the war with the Go Backs? And then some against the humans in NB? Or did they reabsorb into the SUn Villagers and let the jack-wolves die out?

I feel the compulsion to draw all these poor nameless elves and give them more life. *twitches* Dangit, one more project for the pile. But they are all so fascinating.

crescent1325

[color=indigo:6bcf1d948f]LOL sis, your pile project is gonna be taller then you!

@Kitt oooooooooooooooooh...that one....lol...

and yeah..i think that hooded one is Zhantee...[/color:6bcf1d948f]

Kitt

[color=green:10c33e3e49]LOL! Zhantee? You think so?? :?[/color:10c33e3e49]

crescent1325

[color=indigo:9200a2051a]Yeah, cuz in the cry from beyond right when zhantee is firt introduced, he has a hood shirt on...oh wells...maybe its just random_sunvillager_52 (if you dont mind me stealing your ingenious Foxy Wink )[/color:9200a2051a]

Foxeye

[quote:237cf60a67="Kitt"][color=green:237cf60a67]LOL! Zhantee? You think so?? :?[/color:237cf60a67][/quote:237cf60a67]

Yup, find in book 7 when he's clapping while Leetah dances. Note the outfit and hood. Then backtrack to book 6 at the end, there is someone in a very similar outfit, but with hood up, talking to Leetah on a bump in the father tree. That's the same guy as in that picture there. The outfits do change in subtle little ways for all the jackwolf riders through 5-7 (such as the belt), but it's the best candidate for him.

Incidentally, I noticed a COMPLETELY new set of outfits/look for Rainsong/Woodlock/Mender in Book 5 that I need to scan.

Kitt

[color=green:cca3e3bb93]LOL!! Alright, ladies...you've convinced me Wink[/color:cca3e3bb93]

Giviyah

I used to create personalities & write stories about the "nameless" Sun Villagers, that's how GIVIYAH was invented!
Grin :oops: :D

Kitt

[color=green:27cfe6071c]...aaaaannnd...Givyah would be whom? :P Come on, show us who she/he is!! :D[/color:27cfe6071c]

Giviyah

Giviyah was the name that I gave to the other dancer with Leetah. The one in the black with the Rayek-esque headband. I envisioned her as a cousin of Rayek's and a potter/gardener. :D

Kitt

[color=green:914536426c]Ahhhh!! Muy interesante! :o[/color:914536426c]

Foxeye

Y'know what Kitt? I think I was wrong. :oops: I was looking more through the stories, and there are some scenes where that hood-guy and zhantee-hood-guy are in the same scene. So, um....[size=9:1a5f7f5702].I sorry. I wrong.[/size:1a5f7f5702]

Fourleafclover

What a great idea for a thread to celebrate our favorite nameless elves! :clap:

crescent1325

[quote:d259c55268="Foxeye"]Y'know what Kitt? I think I was wrong. :oops: I was looking more through the stories, and there are some scenes where that hood-guy and zhantee-hood-guy are in the same scene. So, um....[size=9:d259c55268].I sorry. I wrong.[/size:d259c55268][/quote:d259c55268]

[color=indigo:d259c55268]Oh really? dang it. im gonna have to dig out book 7 now and have a look-see...[/color:d259c55268]

Kitt

[color=green:1fa8b847f1]'s okay, Foxy :P It was good sleuthing, though Wink[/color:1fa8b847f1]

Foxeye

[quote:d3ae872a45="Foxeye"]Incidentally, I noticed a COMPLETELY new set of outfits/look for Rainsong/Woodlock/Mender in Book 5 that I need to scan.[/quote:d3ae872a45]

Quoting myself here, heh, but I wanted to share that scan. Rainsong's outfit, what little we can see of it, is so much prettier than what they switched her to in Book 7. Woodlock looks like Strongbow Mk. 2! Grin

[img:d3ae872a45]http://www.eqcrescent.com/eqscans/woodlocketc.jpg[/img:d3ae872a45]

Thornbrake

If you look at the panel where the Jackwolf Riders come to the rescue, Zhantee is the one all the way in the back on the right hand side, also wearing a hood. The elf on the left in the hood has never been named.

Kitt

[color=green:f7635b8c38]...by crumb...I think you're right! :D[/color:f7635b8c38]

crescent1325

[color=indigo:ca861bf7e5]after waiting millions of years for the pic to load...

*nods in agreement with Kitt*[/color:ca861bf7e5]

Kitt

[color=green:b8a06eb86e]...awwww....you poor thing! :( Sorry for the slow loading, Cres. :([/color:b8a06eb86e]

crescent1325

[color=indigo:8a0bc4de4d]aw, thankies Kitt. but it this blasted puter at work! CABLE MOTUM MY BUTT![/color:8a0bc4de4d]

Elsa

I am 100% positive that Zhantee is on the left. The one at the back looks fmeale, and the pattern on the hood is different from Zhantee's. He clearly wears that very hooded jacket in KoTBW, as he gets attacked by a wild pig during a hunt.

Elsa

As for unknown elves... I took quite a fancy to a few Go-Backs myself, mainly the one with the long ponytail (seen at the bottom of the large spread when the war dance starts) and the redhead tearing Skywise's shirt off.

There are plenty of early Wolfriders that deserve mention here, such as the ladies in the Timmorn plate. Also, when the story of the Wolfriders is shown in Book 4, there is an image of the tribe that followed Timmorn. I love all of them, so beautiful, wearing primitive leathers.

Thornbrake

I've got to disagree, Elsa. Zhantee's hood has a little point on the purple edging, above his forehead. The elf on the right in the back has that little point on his edging, but the one of the left doesn't. The nameless hooded elf also has a more pointed, narrow face than Zhantee's, which is wide and squarish.

I agree that his face does look slightly feminine in that panel, but you can probably chalk that up to lack of detail since he's way in the background.

Elsa

Fair enough. But at least it gave me the opportunity to spot reoccuring elves!

The one between Dodia and Dart is Shushen, he faints when the palace appears. (Is it Maleen who shakes him? She has aquired a funky head garment.) I like the hooded lady on the far right, she's also is the panel where Shushen has fainted. The bandana guy riding next to Dart is also intriguing, he gets a line in TCFB, but no name. :(

I'd forgotten about that beautiful full-page spread of the Sunvillagers dancing when the palace first appears in Sorrow's End. I like all of the characters on that one, the outfits have lovely detail, and every single face is infused with character and emotion.

Blackbird

Nice thread, I also have a thing for nameless ones, specially Go-backs..( as you see on my av )

StarShine

There are a few 'nameless' wolfriders too. In Wolfrider (1) , "Phantom of the Berry Patch" there are several wolfrider's who are there... and then dissapear in the later stories. (Most of the one's who are alive in the later stories are recognizable, but there are a few of are kinda 'generic'? I like them cause they're well there...

elf_queen_vik

the two beside Behtia who are also unamed.

Fourleafclover

Mmmm yes... :love: I always found the female elf in that panel behind Bethia very tasty. Possibly a close relative of Maleen's?

Arthis

I agree, she is gorgeous! :P

Kitt

ISN'T SHE HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

The_Wylde_Wynd

She looks oddly like one of the girls at my school, Dani. ...Weird.

Backtracking to Kit's first post, I think that Newstar's life-mate was named Lutei.

Brace

Here is to the Gliders.

Endgame

"The gliders had rock-shaped so many fly-through places in the bowels of this mountain, it was like climbing through a rotten tree that had been eaten through by wood worms. But anywhere the gliders could go, Dewshine could go as well - their cold, distracted eyes were too weak to see the little glints of light marking the edges of the tunnels, and their noses too weak to notice the musty, unhappy smell of their own darkened home."

~

I trust the creators of the Glider Fashion Gallery wont mind.

Nightsea

Warm desert dancer guy...

Feel free to name him if you like.
:)
--Nightsea

Kitt

[color=green:8857631133]You are a star, Embala! Thanks for resurfacing this thread! :D [/color:8857631133]

joyleaf1

:D Surprised 8) I have enjoyed this page, please keep up the cool little tid bits... :D

RedheadEmber

[quote:288c84f1e6="hnich"]

Skywise and lovemate (potentially yun's mother)

[/quote:288c84f1e6]

[color=red:288c84f1e6]Isn't almost [i:288c84f1e6]every[/i:288c84f1e6] female Go-Back from the dance potentially Yun's mother? :P [/color:288c84f1e6]

[quote:288c84f1e6="The_Wylde_Wynd"]Backtracking to Kit's first post, I think that Newstar's life-mate was named Lutei[/quote:288c84f1e6]

[color=red:288c84f1e6]It was! But we only got that information later... when the first post here was posted he was still [b:288c84f1e6]randomly un-named sunvillager[/b:288c84f1e6] :P [/color:288c84f1e6]

[quote:288c84f1e6="Elsa"]I'd forgotten about that beautiful full-page spread of the Sunvillagers dancing when the palace first appears in Sorrow's End. I like all of the characters on that one, the outfits have lovely detail, and every single face is infused with character and emotion.[/quote:288c84f1e6]
[color=red:288c84f1e6]
Yeah! That's really one of the [i:288c84f1e6]brilliant[/i:288c84f1e6] things about EQ! Even those without names, random background characters are still drawed as well... [i:288c84f1e6]characters[/i:288c84f1e6] as opposed to [i:288c84f1e6]types[/i:288c84f1e6]! 8)[/color:288c84f1e6]

Maya-Bell

There is huge amont of elfs who are unnamed. And a lot of elfs who has names hasn't their story. That would be cool to draw a story about some go-backs or sunelfs. After all before Leetah appeared they were dieing pretty often. As we can see only Savah is so high, though all of them are immortal.

Kitt

I wrote/am writing a story about some Sun Villagers ^_^

[url=http://elfquest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2276]Seasons in the Sun Village[/url]

valkerie

Yay for the nameless, here are two picts that I drew, the first is of the Sunvillage Dancer, and the second is from Blue mountain we seee her holding a lamp for Lord Voll

[img:f5d61dd19e]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/valkerie/Unsungnamelessone.jpg[/img:f5d61dd19e]

[img:f5d61dd19e]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/valkerie/Nameless_elf_number_2_by_misschievi.jpg[/img:f5d61dd19e]

Icemoon

like I said : those are magnificient !!!

[Deleted User]

Brilliant pictures, valkerie. I got hooked by the lamp-bearer right away.

Embala

Splendid!

I remember the awesome dancer.

The Glider is amazing! The blue pencils gave such an unique touch :daze:

krwordgazer

Very nice, Valkerie!

[Deleted User]

I did few colourings of [b:110509bd4a]valkerie[/b:110509bd4a]'s Blue Mountain lantern-bearer:

[img:110509bd4a]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h286/kerewin/elves/valkerielampbearer1copy.jpg[/img:110509bd4a]

[img:110509bd4a]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h286/kerewin/elves/valkerielampbearer0copy.jpg[/img:110509bd4a]

Enjoy!

Embala

Quote:

I did few colourings of valkerie's Blue Mountain lantern-bearer:

Enjoy!

They are a feast for the eyes ... again and again!

Icemoon

beutiful ... not only the art ! the colors too !!!!!!!

innie

Valkerie, those two drawings are really breathtakingly gorgeous. It seems like they are eager to tell their story and to step out of the background. There is something in their eyes that makes them really vivid and invites you to look inside of them.

RedheadEmber

[quote:494480f659="Kitt"]I wrote/am writing a story about some Sun Villagers ^_^

[url=http://elfquest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2276]Seasons in the Sun Village[/url][/quote:494480f659]

[color=red:494480f659]Okay... why do I have a very odd feeling that I've read this... over at FF.net?[/color:494480f659]

Kitt

You probably have ;) I posted it there as well ^_^

Startear

Here is an unamed Go-Back youth, one of the children Redlance was guarding in Quest's End. She caught my eye first time I read that story, which was in black and white only. I found her again, and decided to make an avi and name her Filhe.

The avatar size

Startear

Okay, I found some more. Not named this one yet, but everyone knows he'll be a great warrior some day. Honestly, he can't be more than one eight and four, and yet he manages to tie up a troll?!

Second thing I've noticed, most of the Go-Back children have similar hair-do's.

Vojira

O_o you noticed those two have the same hair styles?

Startear

Yes, amazingly. I was looking after more Filhe images, and found these two. They are cute, and there is even one youngster playing with dolls.

I called her Imsra when I cropped the picture.

Embala

Filhe's loveliness caught my eyes as well - I always liked this girl.

A promising warrior indeed - even when you consider that the Troll might have been out cold before getting tied up Wink

Startear

That may be possible of course. But if that is the case then we have a compassionate Go-Back. That's pretty awesome as well.

Embala

... and someone had to knock him down ... Smile

Startear

Okay! New nameless Go-Backs spotted... or refound if that is more apropeiate.

Scouter's lost twin.

And Go-Back tanner

Anyone want to give them names?

Vojira

Quote:

Scouter's lost twin.

You think so too?
I actually went 'Huh, why new clothes for Scouter?' when I saw him.

Startear

First time I saw him it was in black and white. Was actually surprised when I saw the colors today. Then I thought "that looks like Scouter." But come to think of it, he would fit one of them.

Vojira

Nah, throw him to the Hunt instead. XD The Scouter in 'Wild Hunt' sure went throwback on everybody.

Magic_Toenail

The Go-back Tanner might be an early incarnation of Urda or Mardu

Vojira

Or it might just be random Go-Back. They had over -what was is?- 40 elevs?
She looks faaar to young to be Urda. Urda always looked old to me for some reason.
Kinda like this lady.

Mind, I always thought this was Urda. XD
Looking at her now, I'm not seeing why I thought that.
She looks good with Ekuar.

Embala

You said why, Vojira - because both Urda and this elf look aged. I always fancied this being Urda as well ...

Easter EggQuest 2012 found

Vojira

Yes, but beside that aged look, there's really not much similarity.
Edit: Ignore that, there are similarities.

Oh, wait. They have the same nose. O_o

The again, they could be close relatives.
So could Mardu and the the tanner.

Embala

I see what you mean - but compare it with "non plate" artwork - for me they are not so different
http://www.elfquest.com/comic_viewer.php?fd=/gallery/OnlineComics/KOBW/KOBW03/_Kings%20of%20the%20Broken%20Wheel%20-%203_page=16#_16

The plates always seem "softened" for me.

Vojira

O_o she looking a biiiit more manly there.
What she looked like a book or 2 earlier.

Fits more with the plate version.

BTW, has anybody ever noticed this little guy?

Fix the hair a bit, ignore how many years has passed originally since the Wolfriders left the Go-Backs and and the kid is deadringer for a Skywise look-a-like.

Embala

This Wolfrider from Two-spear's time (BotC #3 and #4) caught my eyes at first sight. I'd love to know her name ... even read through the prose story of Swift-Spear. Without success Unhappy

Anyone has an idea WHO she actually is?

Vojira

Quote:

This Wolfrider from Two-spear's time (BotC #3 and #4) caught my eyes at first sight. I'd love to know her name ... even read through the prose story of Swift-Spear. Without success Unhappy

Anyone has an idea WHO she actually is?

Hmmm...

According to mosquitonet there's these named females in Two-Spear's time who it could be:

Sunflame (I might be wrong, I know she's mentioned, but I got the notion she was a child), Merewood and Windwhisper

''Sunflame: Female. Daughter of Rockarm. Member of Two-Spear's tribe.''

''Merewood: Female. A member of Prey-Pacer's tribe that Recognized Greywolf. Their child's name is unknown at this time. She survived thru to Two-Spear's tribe.''

''Windwhisper: (Chat) Female. Grandaughter of Rahnee and probable daughter of Kree, and niece to Prey-Pacer. She is a huntress, a spear thrower, a rock shaper and a water dowser. She was raised by her great grandmother New-Wolf. She Recognized Talen and had twin daughters Darkwind and Moonfire. Windwhisper had several lovemates including Wasp, Sundown, and Starfall who eventually became her lifemate. She had many children including Star's Dancing and Godstalker. Her cousin Dove was her best friend and soul-sister in that they shared soul names. Windwhisper had black hair and black eyes. Bonded to Moonwalker and Nightshadow. Prey-Pacer's and Two-Spear's tribe.''

Ignoring the 'black eyes'-part, she could be Windwhisper.

Embala

She doesn't look like "Sunflame" Wink ... and I always thought she is an aged one. Merewood or Windwisper ... I'd like to think of her as Windwhisper! Thanks Happy

Vojira

No problem.

Embala

Is there a "random character" who has caught your eyes and thoughts? Please tell me, show me, link to it ... I want to know!

random for me means:
- someone without a name, shown in the background, an extra ... seen only once or several times
- in case you have a "random" character who is named ... no problem. Being nameless is not a dogma. Wink

PCoquelin

Embala said
Is there a "random character" who has caught your eyes and thoughts? Please tell me, show me, link to it ... I want to know!

Yes.

Seen in one of the MOST beautiful covers EVER drawn by Elf-mom..

PCoquelin

AND.. this one..

..coming from Voll's remembrance of those who did NOT follow his guidance, all along millenias.

Embala

I recognize him! Wink He caught my eyes as well. And this wild beauty, this whole cover, is quite a treat. Thank you for sharing them, PC.

Zinegirl

Okay! New nameless Go-Backs spotted... or refound if that is more apropeiate.

Scouter's lost twin.

I think it's Skot with wrong colours... Those clothes look like Go-Backclothes, don't they?

Embala

He's definitely a Go-Back, Zinegirl. And DjIH knew well ... it's just that he actually reminds very much of Scouter go-back-style. Wink Skot ...? I'd need to check the panel where Skot and Krim follow the Wolfriders for clothing similarity. Then again ... he might have changed clothes after the bloody battle.

random for me means:
- someone without a name, shown in the background, an extra ... seen only once or several times
- in case you have a "random" character who is named ... no problem. Being nameless is not a dogma.

TrollHammer

The bear in Khavi's(?) explaination of the life of a Go-Back :D

Startear

Yes, me calling him Scouter's lost twin was a joke on my side.

Embala

The bear in Khavi's(?) explaination of the life of a Go-Back :D
Be careful what you wish for! XD

Is there a "extra", a background character who has caught your eyes and thoughts? Please tell me, show me, link to it ... I want to know!

to specify:
- someone without a name, shown in the background, an extra ... seen only once or in few panels
- in case you have a "extra" character who is named ... no problem. Being nameless is not a dogma but it should be one without an ongoing, defined role.

Nydiwiel

There was this sun villager girl back in the first story where the Zwoots were rushing in towards the sun village and they went into the caves for cover? She had really beautiful dark hair and golden hair-ornaments. Young sun villager girl :D

[EDIT:] I found the page, she is next to Cutter in the lower right corner! http://www.elfquest.com/comic_viewer.php?fd=/gallery/OnlineComics/OQ/OQ05/_Original%20ElfQuest%20-%205_page=1#_10#

Embala

@Nydiwiel This one? She's very pretty - I adore Wendy's love for detail even in extras!

_mm_silentone

MrsGrizzley

I am now strongly considering adopting one of these Extras... or something... I dunno.

How many have gotten named? Is someone keeping records?

Embala

@MrsGrizzley Officially named? Or named by fans, Grizz?

ChristinaRaibert

@Embala, mind if I add a link to my list of nameless WaveDancers, to keep similar subjects together? :)

Embala

@ChristinaRaibert Of course not! :)

ChristinaRaibert

Yay, thanks! :) Here goes;

http://www.elfquest.com/forums/discussion/8002/wavedancers-nameless-kin-near-and-far#p1

Nydiwiel

@Embala: Yeah, exactly that one! She caught my eye as a kid :)

Thornbrake

Embala said: I adore Wendy's love for detail even in extras!

I'm loving subtle changes in the Sun Folk's style and wardrobe now that they live in the Palace. There's still a strong desert feel, but the clothes are a little more flowing and a little less geometric. Exactly what you'd expect.

Here's Maleen:
Maleen in Palace

I think this is the first time we've ever seen a male elf wearing silk clothing:
Sun Villager Shirt

And here are a few more (I love Wendy's fashion sense, even for these unnamed characters):
Sun Villager Palace Clothes

RedheadEmber

Thornbrake said: There's still a strong desert feel, but the clothes are a little more flowing and a little less geometric.

And a lot more see-through! ;-)

Thornbrake

RedheadEmber said: And a lot more see-through! ;-)

Indeed! lol

Embala

PCoquelin said: AND.. this one..

..coming from Voll's remembrance of those who did NOT follow his guidance, all along millenias.

@Redhead Ember discovered this one today - listed as Yurek in his official bio. One named finally! Good find, Red :D

Mkal

@PCoquelinI always thought that this was Tyldak before Winnowill changed him