ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Reef

Reef

The broken one

Kitt

[color=#447799:c05f670688]Well, we've not gotten a topic about this guy, yet, but, with the release of Discovery no.4, I think there will be :) Here's to the Wave Dancer that everyone thought looney, [b:c05f670688]Reef[/b:c05f670688], the Broken One.[/color:c05f670688]

[img:c05f670688]http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/238/reef20hx.jpg[/img:c05f670688][color=#3399ff:c05f670688]*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*[/color:c05f670688][img:c05f670688]http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/2314/reef10if.jpg[/img:c05f670688]

Neechan

Yay, Reef! He's so purty. *pets him*

emerald

[color=#00bfbf:ec4214574d]He's absolutely [b:ec4214574d]gorgeous![/b:ec4214574d] Kitt you should at least post those avatars you made here! :P [/color:ec4214574d]

Kitt

[color=green:d9701a91cb]Sure, not a problem Wink[/color:d9701a91cb]

cactus

And he saved Cutter :D .
*Hugs Reef*
I felt so sorry for him when I read "In thousands of years". I had no idea that he had been "broken" for so long :( .

Kitt

[color=green:32af035a0f]UH, YEAH!!! Surprised I was shocked at that, too! :([/color:32af035a0f]

ReenBladesong

WHAT?They have kept this gorgeous elf in mutated semi fish form for all this time?

Goodberry

I really liked that fact that he was still adversely affected by the experience. No 'snap your fingers and he's immediately 100% better' happy ending. I give kudos to Richard and Wendy for that.

He is adorable though. Plenty of wavedancers to give him TLC now. Wink

Kitt

[color=green:556eff8264]And he will definitely need it. ...hmm...now I understand Brill's comment in Ask Elfmom a little better, now :D[/color:556eff8264]

Nowth

She's pretty!

Siwan

Say Kitt steel the right one with Reef as tekst in it
if it's not already stolen

Kitt

[color=green:e2af2317ca]It is, Sweetie :( Someone already asked for it.[/color:e2af2317ca]

Siwan

aw I'm always late and the first one is that one stolen ??

Kitt

[color=green:719f5d6641]No, it's still up for grabs Wink[/color:719f5d6641]

Siwan

ooooh can I steelish??

Kitt

[color=green:fed5e37ea5]It's yours, dear! :o
[/color:fed5e37ea5]

Siwan

Surprised Thanks Kitt :D

joselle

you know. I was dissapointed that the actual healing was glossed over in Discovery #4 I thought with all that emphasis on the broken one, and how healings had been painful it seemed anti-climatic to see him in the next frame all healed and happy. (Plus we never got to see anyone elses reactions at hearing 'twas Winowill that done him).....

crescent1325

[color=indigo:634bc562ff]i so agree with you on that Joselle. I felt jipped on it.

im also glad that they didnt give him the 100% happy ending healing. That he still has to learn to heal himself (so to speak)[/color:634bc562ff]

Bast

*peeks from cuddling Reef*
Yes he is and my favorite of all of the Wavedancer's.

Kitt

[color=green:fdb66b0a8a]I think we will see more of Reef and his story at a later time :) ..and, I look forward to it! :D[/color:fdb66b0a8a]

Willowspring

This kinda makes me wonder just who Reef would recongize (i know i always bring it up)

Kitt

[color=green:baffd548c1]He NEEDS to recognize [b:baffd548c1]SHENSHEN![/b:baffd548c1] She's the only one with enough SPUNK and MIRTH to put a real smile on his face and make him remember what happiness is! :D:D:D:D:D :love: :D:D:D:D:D[/color:baffd548c1]

Willowspring

ooo... now that would be a fanfic. *bats eyes at Kitt* I would do it, but my writing skills have died on me.

Kitt

[color=green:920c369336]LOL!! Actually, after I finished with Chief's Son, I was going to give Shenshen a tale! Wink ...heck, I think she deserved it :o[/color:920c369336]

Willowspring

[quote:aa01969c5a="Kitt"][color=green:aa01969c5a]LOL!! Actually, after I finished with Chief's Son, I was going to give Shenshen a tale! Wink ...heck, I think she deserved it :o[/color:aa01969c5a][/quote:aa01969c5a]
WHOO-HOO!!!! Grin

OnScream

wow

that would be awsome if Reef recognized her

I love how after he's healed he still looks fragile but serene

Megin

And so beautiful :love:

Bluedepth

Hmm...

You know, Shenshen isent a bad choise for reef, but i think he should recognize Vurdah (thats the name of one of Skywises trio lovemates, right? I always remember ruffel and maleen, but not so sure about the third). Why do i think Vurdah is better for reef? Because when reef speaks the words kindness, Vurdah is the first elf to pop onto my head. And just think, no one would be more kind and loving for reef. She wants and deserves a child.

I think I'll ship for Vurdah and Reef as my favorite "to recognize" pair :P

PS. skywise needs to loose one of hes lovemates... to make room for a new one! :P

~Blue

Nightsea

[img:cead624a1b]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/Night_sea/reefbyns.gif[/img:cead624a1b]

He's hot after being healed, I agree.

I do tend to like characters that are only drawn a few times
by Wendy, like Reef and Trueflight. Just a quirk I think, but
the major characters don't strike the eye after a while.
Not that they aren't always beautiful.

Yay new art!
--Nightsea

krwordgazer

Nice picture, Nightsea! :D

And here, as far as I know, is the first fanfic ever posted on this forum about him:

Broken No More

Nightsea

SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
I like that you had Timmain go out to collect him.
I think it would be very like her...like being the low
one in the pack at the Palace War...slinking around
behind the scenes, unnoticed when she wants to be.
>

--Nightsea

PS: Glad you liked my Reef picture!

krwordgazer

Thanks, Nightsea. :D Frankly, I couldn't see who else could get the Broken One to enter the Palace without his kicking up a fuss.

Nightsea

I couldn't find a way to alter his gender...but this sorta wound
up looking like him anyway, yes?

Reef

Hope the image will stay available...it is hosted at the doll
website itself which is here:
http://www.thedollpalace.com/dollmaker/

Weee!
--NS

Windrider

Here is a close-up of Reef, from the 2007 Fan Art Calendar. As I said in another thread, I felt Reef belonged in the Circle of Elders not because he is the oldest Wavedancer, as he probably isn't. But because, after all he has been through, I think he has the potential of being the wisest of the Wavedancers - someone who has seen and lived the darkest side of life, but now can bring a simple, almost child-like clarity and trial-tested compassion to his gift of being a Healer.

Arthis

He is trully gorgeous. :love:

thank you Windrider! :D

Treefox

He is! And he looks so peaceful now.

CrimsonAnna

[quote:3757390f54="Windrider"] I think he has the potential of being the wisest of the Wavedancers - someone who has seen and lived the darkest side of life, but now can bring a simple, almost child-like clarity and trial-tested compassion to his gift of being a Healer.

[/quote:3757390f54]

Very well put, Windrider. I think that waht he has been through might make him want to really work on his healing abilities to be able to help others. Reef is one of my EQ darlings-I can identify with him, not that I've been broken, but struggling with overweight, body-image and self-esteem. So we're alike there. And, as I've said in another thread, he reminds me alot of one my favourite musician, Tuomas Holopainen, who&aposs sensitive, fought with a bad self-esteem and pain-plus refering to himself as an "Ocean soul". Posted a picture of him below-a little "Reefy" isn't he?

Zinegirl

He has cool hair! And he's cute and shy.

Starshade

Of all the elves I know Reef should hate Winnowill the most

Vojira

I don't think he hates her. He doesn't seems hateful towards her statue after he's healed...
I not sure, but wasn't his mind somewhat damaged? He seemed to gone back to have a childlike mind in the end.

Starshade

He may not hate her but he sure seemed Glad she was no longer alive and around to threaten him.

Embala

Reef from WaveDancers (EQ Volume 2) before he was deformed by Winnowill ...

... and after his healing in Discovery

... and his slightly changed look in the Prologue

RedheadEmber

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

F

O

R

L

A

T

E

S

T

P

A

G

E

Looks like little Korafay will be playing a role in truly healing his heart. Heart Luvlove

Embala

The Elder, who must rediscover his world and his self - and the newborn, just starting this journey - a charming, touching pair.

Easter EggQuest 2014 found

Embala

Why does this picture make me think, Reef an Korafay will recognize? Hypnotize This one, not those where they interact ... Just an impression without any special reason - so strange that I had to speak it out loud.

Yes, it's weird ... and I blame all the birthing in the Prologue for it. Something seems to cry "More cubs! Moooore!* in my mind. Cuteness overload XD

Easter EggQuest 2013 reserved for Stormcatcher found

twinklebug

That would be so cool if it happened! He sure looks happy about something in that picture. It's nice to see him happy.

RedheadEmber

No! No! You guys! Stop messing it up!

He's gonna three-mate with Sunstream and Brill and be the World (of two moons)'s coolest secondary daddy!

Embala

I love your passion, Redhead Smile

The future isn't written yet ... The only thing that seems to be pretty sure is that Reef will have a more important role in the TFQ. He will find his place.

Trollbabe

Are those arm-wings like Korafay's?

WolfMoonSky

I thinks so, Trollbade!

oh my god, if he was real, I would have been in love! Luvlove
fuck it, I am! Heart
So glad to see him in final quest! I fell in love with him even more!

Embala

I'm not a Sunstream - Brill - Reef shipper like Redhead, but ... I've remembered something about Brill and Reef Wink

Elfmom, answering a question about Brill's relationships:

Elfmom said

A - Elfmom here:...
Anyway...her thinking's about as non-linear as it gets, so I don't know how much of this will make sense to you. Here's my attempt at a translation:

Brill replies: Mist in the mind over "how long?" and "ever been?" Always... always the twirling/swirlings (note: she means joinings). Never "no" to any dance - even Broken One/Reef - but, too sad, he said no. Many "yes-es" now, happy Reef!

for the complete post follow the link

RedheadEmber

I believe that's basically a sign that I'm right!

SarahB

Hi everybody!

I know I'm late to the game, but after years of being away from EQ I just read Discovery and the Prologue last week, and I agree that Reef is mighty intriguing! Not to mention damn cute. Sadly, the link to the fic "Broken No More" is itself broken. :-( Does that fic still exist anywhere?

Embala

Here it is, Sarah - post #26. Enjoy!

SueB

Thanks for posting the fic, Embala! I was curious to read it, too. Cool story! I thought he was a pretty intriguing character (hence the avatar Smile ).

I'm interested to see if Reef gets much to do in the Last Quest, or if he just ends up being one of those characters with a good back story but who doesn't end up in the main narrative much. Guess we'll see!

Embala

One is glad to be of service.

Some of us would bet Reef will get a more prominent role.

RedheadEmber

Hey guys! Just wanna say that even though there's nothing in the Final Quest Special that clearly states that Reef is in a three-mating with Sunstream and Brill, nor is there anything stating that he isn't!

elf_queen_vik

I love Reef. Hes so handsome.

RedheadEmber

He sure is!

travelbug

His looks reminds me of Rayek, but his personality seems to be complete oposite :)

Raenafel

is his incomplete healing the reason why he's blue?

Zeina

is his incomplete healing the reason why he's blue?

lol

Embala

I got the impression that Wavedancers simply are more colorful than other elves - and in another way.
Snakeskin always was golden-yellow. Since Wendy draws the Wavedancers Surge and Skimback have turned golden too, Brill has the greyblue tan of a dolfin - and Reef likes green. It suits him. ^^

Wavedancers have an extended palette of haircolors, too.

Edit: And Sunstream's Wavedancer shape is golden and red and blue like a coral fish.

MultiFacets

Probably to blend in better with water.

RedheadEmber

That begs the next question:

Why aren't all the Wolfriders greenskinned? :P

RedheadEmber

Here's a thought:

Maybe one of the things that draw Reef to Korafay is the fact that she's the only one to whom he's always simply been Reef not Reef - the Broken One.

lunakat

RedheadEmber said: Maybe one of the things that draw Reef to Korafay is the fact that she's the only one to whom he's always simply been Reef not Reef - the Broken One.

A good thought! You are probably right!

Raenafel said: is his incomplete healing the reason why he's blue?

He's blue because he's sad.

Eyeshigh

Maybe he has always been blue?
Any way it suits him.

TwoWolves

Wasn't it mentioned that Reef was/is a healer before he had the run in with Winnie?

Embala

It was ... according to the Wavedancers storyline the fact he was a healer was a major reason of his sad fate.
- he tried to help, to heal the alien elf maiden who was in pain ...
- and Winnowill reacted how she did (partly) because she was reminded of Leetah

I wonder whether his healer's magic will return when he will be whole in body AND mind again. It could be part of the storyline. Or maybe it's ot even mentioned again ...

TwoWolves

I agree I think it's all part of his future story.....he's a great character!

RedheadEmber

I don't think his powers will return. Once, looooooooong ago, Wendy mentioned something about thinking the Wavedancers already have way too many healers.
As in... two!
But of course; most other tribes have somewhere between zero and one healer.