ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Ahnshen, the Sun Village Tanner

Kitt

He was suave and cool and kind of a looker...and clearly a ladies man! :P And what's more...he and Shenshen looked REALLY cute together! :love: ...or, maybe it's just that Shenshen looks good with whomever has the pleasure of gracing her presence :love: :love: UH...ANYWAY! This thread is for Ahnshen! Wink

Minouche

Is he the cute guy who tried to transform Moonshade into a sunvillager and failed? If he is, I believe the story couldn't have ended any other way. It isn't really love if you can't accept the other person as is and need to tranform him, or her, into what you would be more comfortable with. Hopefully he has grown up and has now found happiness with a lovemate.

Kitt

Oh, I totally agree! Moonshade was always honest to who and what she was, yet it was something he had a bit of difficulty accepting. He couldn't see her for who she was, but only for what she COULD be...which would have made her something other than who she was supposed to be.

ReenBladesong

What was that idea in the worldpool thread?
That He should hook up with Skywises equally possessive lovemate Vurdah,so they can obsess over each other for all eternity. :)
Good idea really.

Post 200! :D

undomiel

[quote:f850c53f84]What was that idea in the worldpool thread?
That He should hook up with Skywises equally possessive lovemate Vurdah,so they can obsess over each other for all eternity.
Good idea really.[/quote:f850c53f84]

Actually, this has been done, at least in the fanfiction world. Wingthing had these two Recognize in her alternate EQ universe (which I highly recommend, btw - excellent stories).

crescent1325

Oh heck yah, i love Wingthings stories!!

Willowspring

i love their son... He's a sweetie.

And Ahnshen is a hottie.

crescent1325

and coppersky is a hottie...

Willowspring

Quote:
crescent1325

and coppersky is a hottie...

yep... i like him and Sust together... I think they're a cute couple... opps...

crescent1325

ahhhhhhh! no no no no! Sust and Chitter and Pool!

ohhhhh, crap wrong thread!

ReyesLord

I couldn't help but pair up Ahnshen and Vurdah either. :D Their two kids are the main characters of my Wolf's Way and Wolf's Soul stories.

ReenBladesong

Quote:
undomiel

[quote:0db7261991]What was that idea in the worldpool thread?
That He should hook up with Skywises equally possessive lovemate Vurdah,so they can obsess over each other for all eternity.
Good idea really.

Actually, this has been done, at least in the fanfiction world. Wingthing had these two Recognize in her alternate EQ universe (which I highly recommend, btw - excellent stories).[/quote:0db7261991]

Yes I think I noticed these, and Tried reading them,But squinting at the screen really mucked up my vision....and Ive already had glasses.
But thank you Fellow Friday-the-13ther,For reminding me.

Oh yes, and coppersky is a most handsome elf... :D

nevaratoiel

I've been wondering for a while... where is that story of Ahnsen and Moonshade archived? I've heard of it, but I never read it.

Kitt

In the Hidden Years Wink

Anke

No, the Hidden Years hardcover has the stories from Hidden Years 1-5 - all illustrated by Wendy Pini.
The Moonshade story was first published in New Blood 1 and 4, and later reprinted in the New Blood hardcover.

Kitt

Oops! My bad :P

The_Wylde_Wynd

Yeah Ahnshen really cool, hope we see more of him in the future! And Coppersky... well Coppersky rocks my happy-bunny socks!*huggles Coppersky plushie and waves 'CopperskyxSust forever' banner (yes, i'm a total fan-girl :D)*

Embala

That's how he looks:

travelbug

I'm wondering of Anshen is in the palace these days, secretly looking at Moonshade in her preserver silk gown?
His daydream of Moonshade was kind of a sign of what's comming :)

Embala

This was my (not too serious) first thought when I saw Moonshade in her Palace gown: Ahnshen was right all the time! ^^

Trollbabe

Was he a tanner, or just a weaver and tailor?

RedheadEmber

I think he was a Weaver and tailor (working with mothfabric, possibly Preserver silk now), but that was sort of the Sunvillage equivalent of the Wolfriders' tanner.

Trollbabe

Riddle: When did Bee become like Ahnshen?

When Bee spoke!

(Wondering what "shen" means in Elvish)

Elwing

Wondered that too! There seem to be rather a lot of Shens, both male and female!

RedheadEmber

I think that's actually been discussed somewhere...

MrsGrizzley

I think the consensus was that it meant "bright" or "shiny"... so that ShenShen would pretty well scan to "turbo cute".

Embala

=))

Tavie

Shenshen = shineshine?

Shineshine where you lovelove?

X:) :-O X:)

travelbug

Shineshine where you lovelove =)) =)) =))

I hope she gets to shineshine sometime soon. I like Shenshen :)

Trollbabe

Don't tell anybody, but "shen" is a Troll insult meaning "wild boar dung." We just told the Elves it meant "gifted and beautiful child", to see how far it would go.

Embala

Oh Trollbabe! =)) :P

Startear

I actually think he is dead. I don't have proof of this... but my personal headcanon until proven otherwise is that he died when the humans attacked Sorrow's End. This is mostly based on that Newstar is a weaver now, and the see-through shirts. This doesn't prove anything, but my first thought was that "oh, Ahnshen must have died and now Newstar is the new weaver!"

Of course he could have died during the Go-Back raid too... but that would destroy the idea of my oc Ekah interacting with him after Palace reappearance. XD

lunakat

So, basically, we are assuming he's dead because the quality of weaving has deteriorated to the point that the fabric is pretty much invisible.

Startear

Pretty much. =P~

RedheadEmber

Or... Preserver Silk is naturally thinner/finer than Moth Fabric.

Startear

Yeah, I know it is a possibility. That's why I said it doesn't prove anything. >:D

travelbug

Well, Anshen haven't shown up since forever.
Is he actually pictured anywhere else than the NB issue where he dresses up Moonshade?
He could be dead, but we see so little of the Sunfolk that its really anyones guess.

On page 59 in the special I counted 48 members of the Sunfolk including Leetha, but I can't see anyone resembling Anshen. Not all of them show so he could still be there though.

lunakat

lunakat said:
  • So, basically, we are assuming he's dead because the quality of weaving has deteriorated to the point that the fabric is pretty much invisible.

• Pretty much.

• And this is why Moonshade has been the sole tanner all these years. Because if you want something done right- you better do it yourself.

RedheadEmber

Moonshade is the tanner, not the weaver. I could actually pretty easily imagine Moonshade and Newstar sitting down, discussing how these leathers would work with that silk and such.

As for Ahnshen having died; sure, it's entirely possible and it doesn't even have to have happened during one of the attacks. The Sunfolk were basically without a healer for about 10,000 years, he could've died for some really mundane reasons.

Eyeshigh

You forget about Mender... i think that he would have been woken up if something bad had happend. But if he died, it would have been a freak accident, i don't see him taking much risk, or in one of the fights.

Startear

But there was no healer again Mender moved to Thorny Mountain. When the humans attacked they had lived a little while without a healer. Ahnshen could have been kicked by a zwoot. Thiro, lovemate of Leetah died that way. He could have been stung by a scorpion, or even bitten by a snake whose poison works so quickly that he died before he could be wrapstuffed!

Besides in New Blood the Sun Village was ambushed, and an arrow did hit Savah before Ahdri took the little palace and ran. Ahnshen could have been hit then, which is what I think happened.

lunakat

RedheadEmber said: Moonshade is the tanner, not the weaver.

Yes. I know that. I was making a joke. I was drawing an analogy to be funny.

RedheadEmber

Eyeshigh said: You forget about Mender... i think that he would have been woken up if something bad had happend.

If there wasn't time.

Dio

Funny thing - Moonshade almost looks like Ahnshen visualized her in New Blood now that she wears purple silk.
    I would like to know, if he is still around. But I don't really see him as a returning character.
    And 10000 years is a very long time. Even in the peaceful Sunvillage and with a healer around accidents can happen fast enough or be severe enough to be beyond rescue. Mender wasn't that strong either before he could start being tutored by Leetah.

travelbug

I think he's in the palace, taking sneak peaks at Moonshade ;)

But I think its natural for a few elves have died in 10 000 years, even if they are imortal.

RedheadEmber

Dio said: Mender wasn't that strong either before he could start being tutored by Leetah.

And he was in wrapstuff for most of the time. Just imagine:

Random Villager 1: AHNSHEN FELL DOWN FROM THE ROOF OF HIS HUT. HE'S BADLY HURT! QUICK! SOMEONE! GET MENDER!
    Random Villager 2: Okay! *Runs of to where the cocoons were being kept.*
    R V 1: Uhm... nevermind... too late...

(I don't know what Ahnshen might be doing on top of his hut, mending the roof perhaps...)

Embala

He applied for the "Sunvillage Christo Contest".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christo_and_Jeanne-Claude