ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Weirdest recognition

MichaelChandler

lmao

I still think my first two were strange.

Ooooohhh! What if Trinket and Ingen had a kid. Talkabout freaky. Two Edge All over again.

The_Wylde_Wynd

[quote:1466133dc3="Michael Chandler"]Ooooohhh! What if Trinket and Ingen had a kid. Talkabout freaky. Two Edge All over again.[/quote:1466133dc3]

*dies*

Minouche

Probably as freakish as Two Edge, but probably also much more neglected than actively tortured. Ingen wasn't exactly a very involved father, and I don't think Trinket ever thought about anything but herself. Come to think of it, that kid would either be eaten by a wild animal or develop quite a strong personality. Quite interesting prospect A sort of trollish Rayek. Wink

StarShine

Weird recognition.. Timmain and.... Cutter or more interesting Savah and Timmorn? or any of the High Ones with a wolfrider?

LadyArill

Savah and Timmorn? Hmm...sounds kind of cool, really. Did anyone mention Trinket and Two Edge?They'd rip eachother's throats out, I think....Trinket would drive him nuts!
Poor Two Edge....we heap so much abuse on him! As if he hasn't suffered enough at the hands of his Troll raping mother...

[i:27280f1d30]How many times do I have to tell you?! I DID NOT rape Smelt, I merely seduced him![/i:27280f1d30]

Oh, yeah, that's SO much better... :roll:

MichaelChandler

hehehehehehe

So... How bout Joyleaf and Two Edge (lets change the subjects. I like Two Edge as much as the next guy, but this kind of talk is not healthy for the children!) :snicker:

It would make the gentle and patient Joyleaf kill the only hybrid troll known of in the world of Two Moons. That would be quite.... interesting..

MichaelChandler

hehehehehehe

So... How bout Joyleaf and Two Edge (lets change the subjects. I like Two Edge as much as the next guy, but this kind of talk is not healthy for the children!) :snicker:

It would make the gentle and patient Joyleaf kill the only hybrid troll known of in the world of Two Moons. That would be quite.... interesting..

LadyArill

WHY?! WHY do we torture Two Edge so?! Hasn't he had enough pain in his life?! On the other hand, let's mess with Voll....

Okay, the son of Voll and Ember Recognizes Chitter...then THEIR son Recognizes Winnowill...while she's inside Rayek's body! Top THAT one!

The_Wylde_Wynd

Quote:
Lady Arill

Okay, the son of Voll and Ember Recognizes Chitter...then THEIR son Recognizes Winnowill...while she's inside Rayek's body! Top THAT one!

Gladly. Cutter recognizes Winnowill inside Rayek's body. :twisted:

krwordgazer

Careful, everyone. The elves in question are readying their weapons against us as we speak. :twisted:

Minouche

Quote:
The_Wylde_Wynd

Cutter recognizes Winnowill inside Rayek's body. :twisted:

:clap: :twisted: indeed, and as strange and unsettling as could be wished for. Although it could be a tad uncomfortable for all of them, don't you think? Surprised .
I Grin when I imagine Rayek stuck with a woman's body for the duration of the pregnancy and lifemate to Cutter, all the while seething with rage and jealousy, because it's the second time Cutter steals "his girl".
:clap: . Please, Wylde_Wynd, tell us how you imagine the offspring.

LadyArill

(Bows to Wynd) Truely I am in the presence of a Master...and Cutter wouldnt get to lifemate Winny; she and Rayek would kill him as soon as the Recognitions is consummated. Screw that, actually, they'd just kill Cutter...sure, they'd be sick for a while, but then they'd recover. Tell us what the kids would look like!

The_Wylde_Wynd

*bows* Thank you, thank you, you're all to kind. Grin

As for the kid... girl, brown skinned, black haired, mismatched eyes (one gold, one blue), stunning beyond all beleif (hey were talking Winnie's soul and Rayek's dna here, it makes sense), with phenominal cosmic power and psychotic/egotistical tendencies, and seeing as Winnie and Rayek are two of the parents she'd probably hate Cutter with an undieing passion but adore Mama Winnie and Papa Rayek. ...Oh and she grow up to life-mate the daughter of a shape-changed-to-female Door and an interdimentional-traveling Raistlin Majere and then procede to take over the Chief's lock, the Palace, the Djunian Empire and all other life in all universes becoming Queen Of All Existance!!!!

Minouche

Well, well, well...that's all, right? Aren't we glad she doesn't exist?

Freefootgirl

Quote:
muriel

Well, well, well...that's all, right? Aren't we glad she doesn't exist?

That's for sure Grin

-Freefootgirl

LadyArill

Pssht...just Queen of all Existance, eh? For some reason, I don't doubt any of that...she'd probably destroy the Wolfriders, too...starting with Strongbow... :twisted:

Another odd one...Kureel and Winnowill...enough arrogance and Glider pride to choke a damned zwoot, to say nothing of power.

Yes, my genetics DO make for powerful babies, don't they??

At the very least devastaingly gorgeous babies. Here's one from a shameless Vinnomance shipper; Voll and Winnowill. I wonder what their babies would look like...

nomad-human

Some odd parings:

Shenshen/Strongbow
Dewshine/Strongbow

Either one of them would give him a run for his money and either one of them is an interesting fic.

Krim/Scouter

I'd love to see how long Scouter's personality plummet would last with this one.

And for the *blink,blink* what in hell was recognition thinking: Skywise with either Rainsong or Moonshade.

Now any of these couples could get together under the right circumstances, but in all honesty I really think that it would take the force of recognition to make them stay together, and possibly for Strongbow, have it happen in the first place.

LadyArill

Nice ones, Nomad! (Contemplates child of Krim/Scouter)
Suddenly I am very, very afraid. VERY afraid. Here's another one:
Kahvi/Skot....

And for our daily dose of WTF:
Kahvi/Voll

The_Wylde_Wynd

Quote:
Lady Arill

Here's another one:
Kahvi/Skot....

And for our daily dose of WTF:
Kahvi/Voll

*holds fingers in a warding x and hisses*

...Surge and Gifa Djunn(ya I know she's an elf and can't recognize but just go with it).

nomad-human

Reyak /Rainsong

She's a nice lady and all, but, lets face it Reyak would throw himself off of the Bridge of Destiney out of sheer boredom.

Their child would be the most conflicted kid in all of graphic fiction!

((Lady Arill, this is my addition to the daily dose of WTF!?))

krwordgazer

Hmm. You know, Nomad, I think there's more to Rainsong than meets the eye. She may seem boring, but I think she has a quiet strength that Rayek might find quite intriguing if he bothered to look closely. Not sure he'd ever bother, though. And of course he'd be turned off by the wolf blood.

I wonder what Rainsong would think of him. Surprised She'd probably just shake her head and wait for him to come to his senses. . . Grin

The worst Recognition I can think of (besides those like Kahvi/Voll already mentioned) would be Aroree/Zey.

Minouche

Quote:
krwordgazer

would be Aroree/Zey.

Maybe the worst, maybe just among the worst, but at any rate she'd suffer very much. I don't think the self centered egomaniac would care much either for her or their child and she has little self confidence to do it on her own. Although,knowing the Wolfriders, they'd probably step in to help.

nomad-human

Oh, I'm sure that Rainsong has some bite to her, her wolf friend was the alpha female after all. I'm also sure that she has quite some depth to her.

However, one person's interesting is another person's mind numbing boredom. For Reyak's purposes, she'd be so boring that he'd pull his own teeth out for some excitement. Whatever I've thought about Reyak, I truly feel that if he Recognized someone, regardless of her tribe, he'd stay with her or die trying.

I just think it would end with him flinging himself off of a cliff in the search for something to liven up his ever so long and unending life.

The_Wylde_Wynd

Hmmm... Timmain and Haken!

Freefootgirl

Quote:
The_Wylde_Wynd

Hmmm... Timmain and Haken!

Eeeeeek! Their kid would be pretty darn powerful!

What about Sun-Toucher and Kahvi :twisted: ?

-Freefootgirl

Blackfell1

Bearclaw and Kahvi. Or worse yet - Bearclaw and Winnowill. *hides*

That kid would be trouble indeed.

Freefootgirl

Quote:
Blackfell1

Bearclaw and Kahvi. Or worse yet - Bearclaw and Winnowill. *hides*

That kid would be trouble indeed.

You're telling me!!! :D The kid would have a wicked temper. In fact, if you aggravated the child, you might be sizzled or cut up into pieces Surprised :twisted:

-Freefootgirl

Minouche

Quote:
Freefootgirl

[quote:d26d395f9b="The_Wylde_Wynd"]Hmmm... Timmain and Haken!

Eeeeeek! Their kid would be pretty darn powerful! -Freefootgirl[/quote:d26d395f9b]
Actually, she'd probably be just like Winnowill. The overwhelming shaping gifts of both parent with the evilly twisted overreaction to all felt or perceived slight.

LadyArill

(Hides at the thought of Haken/Timmain)

Here's some more:
Leetah/Voll (Kid would probably be Ember's twin, except with healing/flying gifts)

And for our next daily dose of WTF?!: Zahntee/Winnowill (Polar opposites)

JadeOwl

Two-Edge/Clearbrook. Avenging Angel Clearbrook. :goodbad:

MrsGrizzley

Well, granted that in my fanfic Voll survived, I wonder who I could have him Recognizing? Not Kahvi, I'm not going to interfere with Venka's arrival. Winnie's twisted herself beyond having a child right now, though it would be interesting.

Hmmm.

Some of the combinations you guys are mentioning are quite fascinating.

Bearclaw and Kahvi would have been an interesting cub to say the least. She was possibly the only female short of Joyleaf with the strength to stand up to him. There would have been no wallowing in guilt that lead him to alcoholism (or the elfin equivalent). She'd have met him head on in fist fights that lead to wrestling matches that led to making up in the furs. But I don't know if he could have coped with her constant challenging him. Kahvi'd have made one heck of a Wolfrider though.

But one intruiging combination . . . Skywise and Moonshade. Strongbow wouldn't be threatened and Skywise wouldn't likely be one to try to threaten Strongbow. I think Skywise knows how sacred a bond Recognition creates, and he's not likely to treat it lightly, which is all Strongbow would ask of him.

Skywise loves openly and he loves freely, but when his soul is involved . . . then it is not something "for the moment", it is for a lifetime and beyond. He would hold that bond as closely as he holds his bond to Cutter, and his own place in Cutter's family.

The cub, Skywise's silver-white hair and Moonshade's dark violet eyes. A love of the sky and the stars over the forest. A deep seriousness with a wicked sense of humor and a ready smile.

Whaddya think?

Mrs. Grizzley

Badger

Quote:
MrsGrizzley

The cub, Skywise's silver-white hair and Moonshade's dark violet eyes. A love of the sky and the stars over the forest. A deep seriousness with a wicked sense of humor and a ready smile.

Whaddya think?

Mrs. Grizzley

Sounds actually rather interesting.

The_Wylde_Wynd

Interesting and stunning, the boys had better watch out!

Here's my half-dead brain-child: Rayek and Joyleaf.
Or, for your daily dose of WTF: Cutter and Jarrah! (... man, why do I love torturing my favorite characters so much?)

MrsGrizzley

Why do we keep assuming that Skywise's cub would be female?

Come on, if Moonshade were to Recognize Skywise *after* Chitter, then it's most likely that she would concieve a son, after all, that would make one of each for Skywise and two each for Moonshade.

It would also make her more fertile than Rainsong. Talk about the lifebearer then!

Still, interesting idea. Any artist up to a sketchy interpretation in the Fanart section?

Mrs. Grizzley

krwordgazer

I'm more curious about how Strongbow and Moonshade might actually feel if she Recognized another. I agree that Strongbow would be willing to share-- but for how long? Would Strongbow enter a three-mating? Would Moonshade?

Would Skywise indeed consider the Recognition bond to be lifelong? I don't know. If the one he Recognized were already bound to another, I think he might let go-- but I think he would want an active role in raising the child.

It would make an interesting what-if fanfic. Not one I would want to do, though. Wink

MrsGrizzley

I've got so many fanfic in the fire at the moment it'd have to be a one-shot. *grin*

My point was, really, was that the connection would be lifelong, if not an actual relationship. I don't see a three-bond, but I do see Strongbow smiling at Moonshade if she wants to keep the furs open in case he decides to join them for a day. Cutter was right, Fahr is like the wind. He cannot be trapped, but he can be shared. We can't command the wind, but we can enjoy its touch when it decides to blow through.

Moonshade has a lifelong partner in Strongbow. She doesn't need another, but she would welcome Skywise's continued presence in the life of their child.

I'm just fascinated, really, by the personality possibilities in such a cub, particularly if he went more to the elfy side of the spectrum. I mean, Chitter is *such* a Wolfrider, such an earthy personality. What sort of contrast would it be for her to have a brother who's star-smitten and ethereal?

Mrs. Grizzley

Minouche

Quote:
The_Wylde_Wynd

Interesting and stunning, the boys had better watch out!)

That's assuming it's a girl child. If it's a boy, the girl will fall like flies for him (worse than they do for his dad)

The_Wylde_Wynd

Here's one: Skywise and Chitter!

Minouche

How about Chitter and Pool? They are indeed like the proverbial fire and water.

crescent1325

I still Say Chitter Pool and Sust are destined to be :D :love:

(yes i am ...and always will be a CPS shipper :P)

Minouche

Are you saying that she would conceive by both? or are you just talking about threemating like Dewshine, Scouter, and Tyleet, where only 2 of the 3 mates are recognized?

crescent1325

I would love to see Sust and Chitter Recognize :D ..but yes ....a threemate would be lovely. ....*sighs* But, whose to say she wont recognize em both... :P she could be another Windwhisper! Grin

Freefootgirl

Quote:
crescent1325

I still Say Chitter Pool and Sust are destined to be :D :love:

(yes i am ...and always will be a CPS shipper :P)

Me too... They'd be so cute together... :heart: But if one were to recognize another I'd have to go with Pool and Chitter.

-Freefootgirl

MichaelChandler

U people love the cute! Hooray for lovin the cute!

Minouche

I love cute, but I'm not so sure Chitter and Pool would produce "cute". Right now we know them as children, so yes they're cute. Yet Chitter already has a strong personality and Pool has, very maturely for his age, come to term with his awesome gift. A child with such a strong will and a gift of that scope could end up as powerful as Rayek. Let's watch out and make sure he/she is raised well.
Chitter and Sust are more likely to produce a "cute" mixture with a result halfway between Skot and Pike.

MichaelChandler

Oh but I meant the relationship, and Chitter and sust. Pool and Chitter would create obnoxious! NONONONONONONONONONONO, please!

JadeOwl

I don't think Chitter and Pool would create obnoxious...I think that Sust and Chitter would more likely create obnoxious than Chitter and Pool.

Chitter + Pool = Personality + Magic = Excellent mixture. A sharp-tongued version of Suntop, maybe, or a bubbly Rayek?

The_Wylde_Wynd

*tries to picture a bubbly Rayek*
... ... ... *breaks*

Freefootgirl

Quote:
Jade Owl

I don't think Chitter and Pool would create obnoxious...I think that Sust and Chitter would more likely create obnoxious than Chitter and Pool.

I agree completely.

-Freefootgirl

MichaelChandler

Quote:
The_Wylde_Wynd

*tries to picture a bubbly Rayek*
... ... ... *breaks*

EXACTLY!!! Rayek's' too vain and badass to be bubbly.

*tries*
... ... ... ... ... ... *got it but still breaks*

crescent1325

Quote:
Freefootgirl

[quote:0f110a50ae="Jade Owl"]I don't think Chitter and Pool would create obnoxious...I think that Sust and Chitter would more likely create obnoxious than Chitter and Pool.

I agree completely.

-Freefootgirl[/quote:0f110a50ae]

Uh, did you all forget that Pool used to pick on Sust? Sust was more of the quiet one where Pool was the older "brother" who did the ribbing. But, I dont think either pair would produce an obnixous child.

if anything (in my own little world), Chitter has a kid (from either one) and both Sust and Pool help raise the kid.

Ah, sweet CPS threemate :P

Freefootgirl

Quote:
crescent1325

[quote:4edc1c219e="Freefootgirl"][quote:4edc1c219e="Jade Owl"]I don't think Chitter and Pool would create obnoxious...I think that Sust and Chitter would more likely create obnoxious than Chitter and Pool.

I agree completely.

-Freefootgirl[/quote:4edc1c219e]

Uh, did you all forget that Pool used to pick on Sust? Sust was more of the quiet one where Pool was the older "brother" who did the ribbing. But, I dont think either pair would produce an obnixous child.

if anything (in my own little world), Chitter has a kid (from either one) and both Sust and Pool help raise the kid.

Ah, sweet CPS threemate :P
[/quote:4edc1c219e]

Crescent, you're right... :oops: I did forget about that.

Well, as lovemates, Chitter/Pool/Sust would be wonderful... **sigh**

-Freefootgirl

crescent1325

*giggles and waves "CPS Forever" flag*

The_Wylde_Wynd

Here's one: Dewshine Recognizes Pool, their son Recognizes Chitter, and their daughter goes off to Recognize Puffer!

crescent1325

OMG.. that first part is just.. Surprised I mean.. thats like his MOM!

Freefootgirl

Quote:
The_Wylde_Wynd

Here's one: Dewshine Recognizes Pool, their son Recognizes Chitter, and their daughter goes off to Recognize Puffer!

Surprised Grin

-Freefootgirl

The_Wylde_Wynd

[quote:05b79d08bf="Freefootgirl"][quote:05b79d08bf="The_Wylde_Wynd"]Here's one: Dewshine Recognizes Pool, their son Recognizes Chitter, and their daughter goes off to Recognize Puffer![/quote:05b79d08bf]

Surprised Grin

-Freefootgirl[/quote:05b79d08bf]

*bows* Insanity is my middle name! Grin

My friend Maegan came up with this one: The daughter of Two-Spear and Leetah Recognizes the son of Winnowill and Skywise!

Minouche

High ones have mercy. I'm running away from that kid.

JadeOwl

[quote:d086fb88c4="The_Wylde_Wynd"]

My friend Maegan came up with this one: The daughter of Two-Spear and Leetah Recognizes the son of Winnowill and Skywise![/quote:d086fb88c4]

Crazy + Powerful + Powerful + all-loving = Jink? Surprised

nomad-human

The world of Abode 'splodes.

NightAngel

Someone mentioned it before; Voll and Savah.
I like the idea of this pair.

SulferGush

One-Eye and Skyfire?

Blackfell1

Two-Spear and Winnowill or Rayek (poor fellow) and Ember (though someone might have mentioned that one before).

Or how about Timmorn and Winnowill?

Minouche

[quote:2195aaba97="Blackfell1"]Two-Spear and Winnowill ...[/quote:2195aaba97]
(crazy,evil).(crazy,evil)=! Surprised :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: (picture Muriel running away as fast as her cane will allow)
[quote:2195aaba97="Blackfell1"]...Or how about Timmorn and Winnowill?[/quote:2195aaba97]
(crazy,disturbed).(crazy,evil)= barely any less scary.
Blackfell1, you're good at this game.

krwordgazer

Quite frankly, if it hadn't actually happened, and we hadn't gotten used to the idea, wouldn't you say that Tyldak and Dewshine's is right up there with these?

The_Wylde_Wynd

Personaly, I love Dewshine and Tydalk. I still kinda see it as a missed opertunity.

And I'd [i:279d6d2787]love[/i:279d6d2787] to see Rayek and Ember recognize! Hehehe, suffer Cutter, suffer. :twisted:

Blackfell1

[quote:c6ddbecce0="muriel"][quote:c6ddbecce0="Blackfell1"]Two-Spear and Winnowill ...[/quote:c6ddbecce0]
(crazy,evil).(crazy,evil)=! Surprised :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: (picture Muriel running away as fast as her cane will allow)
[quote:c6ddbecce0="Blackfell1"]...Or how about Timmorn and Winnowill?[/quote:c6ddbecce0]
(crazy,disturbed).(crazy,evil)= barely any less scary.
Blackfell1, you're good at this game.[/quote:c6ddbecce0]

Thanks Muriel. Sometimes my mind just gets a little weird, especially when it gets hot.

It would be kind of cute to see a Rayek/Ember cub though come to think of it.

*Now only if I can get a hold of a copy of Discovery without going online in this small county without a comic book store......*

SulferGush

Do you think the Rayek/Ember cub would have red hair or black? Would it be like Venka or be feisty?

Freefootgirl

I'm voting for black hair and feisty Wink

-Freefootgirl

Blackfell1

Definitely feisty with black hair and blue eyes. Oh and it has to be a girl.

krwordgazer

[quote:a6a2540c7a="The_Wylde_Wynd"]
And I'd [i:a6a2540c7a]love[/i:a6a2540c7a] to see Rayek and Ember recognize! Hehehe, suffer Cutter, suffer. :twisted:[/quote:a6a2540c7a]

SPOILERS for KotBW and beyond:

Heh, heh. Of course how much -- or even whether-- Cutter would suffer depends on [i:a6a2540c7a]when [/i:a6a2540c7a]such a Recognition were to happen. If Ember were a little older, and it happened before Kings of the Broken Wheel, Cutter might be slightly annoyed/irritated, but that's all.

If it happened during or after Kings of the Broken Wheel, Cutter just might suffer a little too much even for rabid Rayek fans to enjoy. :( He's already tearing himself up inside just keeping himself from hunting Rayek down.

After they've made peace-- well, again, I think it'd be no big deal. As long as it didn't happen with Winnowill resident. The poor chieftain wouldn't have the faintest idea where to turn, then. "Protect the baby" all tied up with "Stop Winnowill." Erg.

But Wylde Wynd, what about poor [i:a6a2540c7a]Rayek[/i:a6a2540c7a]? Surprised Do you really think he'd want to Recognize one of the wolf-blooded-- and blood of Wolfrider chiefs too? Of course, it just might be good for him. :twisted:

The_Wylde_Wynd

Yeah, it would be kinda mean for him to recognizes (and potentialy father) a mortal. But... if Ember had her wolfblood removed... :twisted:

Hey, any artists or writer on here wanna give some of these a try? We're loaded with golden opertunity here!

Joan_M

Aw, if Ember had her wolf blood removed she wouldn't be Ember. I'd be a bit scared for her, I admit Surprised . I mean, Rayek has been known to be flippant with powers he doesn't really understand, what would he do with the poor girl's soul-name? Especially if this is while he is still Cutter's rival?

Or maybe he'll just see her as Leetah reborn once he sees into the soul of her, or something, and put her on a pedestal and be the most devoted lifemate ever... ooooh or maybe she'll turn him to the Wolfrider Way. Now that I'd like to see.

Prism

Some of the wierdest recognitions I can think of would have to Cutter/Dewshine,TwoSpear/Skyfire,Winnowill/SunToucher and Khavi/Voll. Course there are other wierd recognitions but I guess all elves are compatible one way or the other. And some like Pike/ShenShen would be perfect except who knows how spacy the kid'd be.

Foxfyre

It's funny how if it didn't actually happen, some people might be saying Cutter and Leetah would be a weird one (unless someone did and missed it Surprised ).

Wolfblood vs pure blood. Aggressive vs peaceful. Warrior vs healer. And so on and so on.

I know, I know... calling the Recognition that drove much of the story "weird" might be sacrilege. lol Especially with Ember and Suntop so beloved. But stepping back and looking at it, it kinda is. Wink

Ok... gotta go!! lol ((runs and hides before the arrows, stones and anything else begin raining down...))

The_Wylde_Wynd

Uh Prism... I don't really think the Two-Spear and Skyfire [i:46c0d19454]could[/i:46c0d19454] Recognize... and if they could/did they'd probably kill each other. Surprised

Prism

If Picknose can create a troll dynasty with just Oddbit and possibly Old Maggotty or the Gliders be descended from just two High Ones then it might be possible about half sibling Recognition. Besides that we are talking about the wierdest most unlikely Recognitions not the most compatible.

Timmain

[quote:592097ab92="Allura"]Surge and Winnowill? That would be interesting, but I think a weirder (and deadlier) one would be Winnie and Timmorn.[/quote:592097ab92]

Well, she's already been with a troll... Wink

innie

[quote:1517728f69="Foxfyre"]It's funny how if it didn't actually happen, some people might be saying Cutter and Leetah would be a weird one (unless someone did and missed it Surprised ).

Wolfblood vs pure blood. Aggressive vs peaceful. Warrior vs healer. And so on and so on.

I know, I know... calling the Recognition that drove much of the story "weird" might be sacrilege. lol Especially with Ember and Suntop so beloved. But stepping back and looking at it, it kinda is. Wink

Ok... gotta go!! lol ((runs and hides before the arrows, stones and anything else begin raining down...))[/quote:1517728f69]

Actually, it isn't a weird pairing at all, if you look at eq's history. The healer/leader pairing is quite common. There were Two-spear and the soft Willowgreen, Ember/Mender, Leetah/Cutter, Winnowill/Lord Voll and I'm sure there were others too. It must be a balance thing. I believe there even was a topic about the subject somewhere.

Found it: [url]http://www.elfquest.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1607&highlight=healer[/url]

krwordgazer

*Shudders* It's a good thing Winnowil and Surge never met. They're two of a kind, even more so than Winnowill and Rayek.

JadeOwl

Yes, they are, poor souls. Makes me wonder what would've happened had Winnowill's soul gone to the Palace when she died, as opposed to in Rayek or out to cause death, doom, and destruction, which seemed to be what everyone assumed would happen.

Well, we already have a topic for that, and I won't derail this one too far.

But as for the Cutter/Leetah thing? I see that it has a histroy of happening, but still, we would have regarded it as weird. Can't you just see us speculating on how Leetah would react to Cutter's wolfblood, and how she wuld deal with her own independence vs. Recognitin, and what would happen to Rayek, etc? Grin

I mean, just because there's a history of it doesn't mean we expect it. I mean, what if Snakeskin and Kahvi Recognized? No one would see that coming, yet it's another healer/leader pair. (it's also a leader/leader pair, but that's not the point).

Allura

The healer/leader pair could work for Winnowill and Cutter too. What would have happened then? Could have been very interesting...

Freefootgirl

Winnowill/Cutter Surprised Surprised Scary thought!

-Freefootgirl

The_Wylde_Wynd

She'd kill him first. Grin

Here's one that's not a recognition, but it came to me and I have to put it up: Guttlekraw and the Bone Woman. :twisted:

And another to freak out Winnowill: Voll and Aroree

Allura

[quote:94dc731154="The_Wylde_Wynd"] Guttlekraw and the Bone Woman. :twisted: [/quote:94dc731154]

*twitch* Oh, not the two ugliest creatures in EQ?! Bleck!

Prism

Well, the trolls might consider the BoneWoman to be a hot babe. After all their standards of beauty are different from elven ones. Hate to think what the kid'd look like however

The_Wylde_Wynd

All behold in fear! The spawn of Guttlekraw and the Bone Woman!

[img:5a99022b3a]http://geardiary.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/hilary-duff.jpg[/img:5a99022b3a]

Allura

Nope. WAAAAYY too tall and skinny to be their kid. Grin

Moonshard

what about.....Nightrunner and Madcoil. :EEEK:

:deal:

JadeOwl

Oh ye gods. Madcoil. Can...he can send, can he...Recognize? Surprised

Madcoil and Shenshen. Weirdest Recognition. Surprised Surprised

The_Wylde_Wynd

Madcoil and Winnowill. Run and hide mortals. Run. And. Hide.

Minouche

imagine if Mindcoil were actually the long dormant produce of a recognition between Winnowill and Rayek. Imagine that the recognition had killed Rayek and disolved both souls into the ether of the planet giving rise to the sending potential within the humans born after. Winnowill and Rayek's offspring couldn't have a physical reality because its mother didn't have a body at the time of the recognition, but it would exist nonetheless because her soul did still exist within Rayek's body. Imagine that, just like its mother, it had manipulated from afar those "Black Snake" jackups into wanting to access its power. Imagine if this whole episode within Jink 's series was the result of this manipulation to fulfill for Mindcoil, the same desire as its mother's: a physical body as means to visit its evil on Abode. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Well, don't tell me it isn't true: this is after all a wild speculation.

LadyArill

(Rocking in fetal position)
Troll...Bone Woman...Troll...Bone Woman...(Sobs)

And as for Winnowill and Cutter:

How many times do I have to say it?! MINE!

Calm down, Voll. The only competition you have is Rayek.

Arrogant little upstart...dishonoring my Winnowill...right on the floor of the Chamber of the Egg, too!

Actually, Winnowill did the dishonoring...

LIES! All LIES!!

Whatever. Voll's a little cranky right now. Haken drank all the coffee again. Troll poking son of a She-Hawk...

Here's a new pairing:
Voll and Vurdah. THINK about it! (Sighes dreamily)

Weirdlet

Kureel and Dewshine.

Or possibly Moonshade...

Minouche

Quote:
Weirdlet

Kureel and Dewshine.
Or possibly Moonshade...

Surprised A bit heart wrenching for either girls, don't you think?

The_Wylde_Wynd

Quote:
Lady Arill

Here's a new pairing:
Voll and Vurdah. THINK about it! (Sighes dreamily)

Grin That would be THE most spoiled child in the history of Elf-kind. Except for maybe: Voll and Brill.

...Winnowill's getting out the kitchen knives now isn't she.*raises dark-shields*

LadyArill

I need no kitchen appliances to inflict pain upon my foes...

Er, Winnowill, my love, could you please let go of my arm? It seems to be losing circulation...

In a moment, honey. I have to finish terrifying those hussies, first.

I'm hanging out with the world's oldest married couple. :roll:

Weirdlet

This one sprains even my brain...

Chot and Winnowill.

For sweeter terms, and less brain-injury, Chot and Aroree.

Minouche

Quote:
Weirdlet

For sweeter terms, and less brain-injury, Chot and Aroree.

:roll: Come on, I know they've both acted like twits, but does either deserve this? Though, as far as weird pairing goes, you did get a great example Wink

The_Wylde_Wynd

Time for the scaryscary.

Guttlekraw and Winnowill. Shudder mortals, shudder in horror.

NEXT PAGE