ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Anyone here been a fan 20 years or more?

Loba

It's great to see so many people who discovered EQ in only the last few years! I just posted to the "tell us about yourself" thread, being new and all, and noticed when perusing other replies that not too many of you have been fans as long as I have.

I became a fan in Dec. 1984, pretty much exactly 22 years this month. Anybody else out there been a fan 20 years or more? 15 years or more?

Old school EQ, HOLLA!!! :D

EDIT 12/13 - That is so cool to see that people learned to read by EQ comics. :P

Allura

Well, considering I've been a fan practically since I was born (mother read it to me for bedtime stories) then yeah, I've been a fan for about 22 years. ^^

crescent1325

I was a fan since i was about 10ish i wanna say. 5th grade for sure. So that would put me in the 15+ years club. Must say... its been a pleasure being in this club.

xenophile80

not quite 20 yet, but getting closer. It's been about 19 for me. :)

JadeOwl

It would be kinda impossible for me to have been a fan for 20 years, considering that I'm only 15 years old. However, I learned to read off EQ comics (literally), so I've been a fan for at least ten years.

Allura

Quote:
Jade Owl

However, I learned to read off EQ comics (literally)

Lol. So did I. ^^

rholt

Same as Xeno. 'Bout 19 yrs. Almost in the 20yr club.

I learned to draw off EQ comics. :D

Foxeye

*squints and thinks* Yep, about 19-20 for me as well. I was in 5th grade like Crescent, which made me 10 I believe, and I'm almost 30, so I'm right around in there. It was after all 4 Starblaze graphic novels were out, which I read in precisely 4 days (one each day), but before book 5. I remember how much my friend and I FREAKED out when we saw there was a book 5 graphic novel in the stores...of course, being in the boondocks of Maine it never occurred to us that there were these things called individual comics. :P

PCoquelin

I discovered Elfquest in 1985 ( and it greatly helped me with the English language ).

Arthis

I've been hooked for 19 years!

(but discovered the English version, and a huger Universe than the French edition showed, only 10 years ago)

Timber

I became a fan in 1981-82, right out of high school. So that's what, 25 years? (YIKES Surprised ) You could say it has affected my life.

Treefox

Definitely affected my life! Been a fan since 1985... Just learned to read and was hooked immediately. It had all I loved most elves and wolves...

Laurel

Heh, Timber I know the feeling. I've been a fan since the early 80's as well, went on hiatous during the 90's but always kept it in my mind.

edit
Its been more than half my life :D

Tavie

Quote:
Loba

It's great to see so many people who discovered EQ in only the last few years! I just posted to the "tell us about yourself" thread, being new and all, and noticed when perusing other replies that not too many of you have been fans as long as I have.

I became a fan in Dec. 1984, pretty much exactly 22 years this month. Anybody else out there been a fan 20 years or more? 15 years or more?

EDIT 12/13 - That is so cool to see that people learned to read by EQ comics. :P

I've been a fan for 16 years, but my sister's been a fan since 1985, when we were six.

SanSan

Wink
I learned to handle the ol' computer, and low and behold here is EQ right on the web! Wonderful.
We waited for each book rather impatiently and then read them over and over for a few days.

I know they are in a box somewhere. We have moved too many times, so which box, I could not say. I might buy them again, when they come out in color (again).

I have a question:
I almost joined a Holt 6 weeks or so ago.

The last Holt on the list was for Dragon-favoring Elves, and it's current member was Taliesin (just one Elf there at the time I found it). I did not join then, and now I cannot not find the bookmarks OR the site (system reload).

All web pages (several Holts there --3 with members) had a black intro page with 2 dividers which are lines of Fleur de leis in yellow gold.

Any help appreciated.
SanSan

Please send e-mail replies to: w_c_sally2000@yahoo.com

LadyNightfall

I got hooked when I was 13, so 19 years for me too.

Almost exactly to the month now that I think about it... it was around January.

I never got OUT of it, tho. I just stayed hooked all this time. I never fell out of touch with it. My kids are being raised with it, I've gotten other people into it, and it's been a great journey all the way.

Trollbabe

My first EQ pub was the first four-color volume, which compiled the first four issues. I thought it was manga when I saw it, although it was twice the size. They had some kind of problem with the color separations, back in the pre-digital age, so the cover was heavy on magenta.

Soon afterward, I moved out to the middle of nowhere, so I got a subscription to EQ and have followed it on and off ever since.

These kids saying they grew up with Elfquest are making me feel old. I grew up with Asterix and Tintin.

Laurel

Heh, Trollbabe, I grew up with Archie and Jughead. Sure glad I was saved by Elfquest

martoo

I'm fan since 1986, I think... when the first EQ issue came out in Germany I discovered it and got hooked. :D

Brace

My first was #2 "Der Weg nach Sorgenend" - some time in 1984/85, I reckon.

Young feather-ling I was, back then.

Allura

Don't feel too bad Trollbabe. Although I grew up with EQ, I grew up with Asterix as well. ^^

martoo

@Brace: THX, so I must have started in that time, too... oh my, 84/85 was it then... Surprised Time really flies...

Thornbrake

It was 1985 for me (fifth grade, I was 10). So it's been 21 years for me. Strange to think I've been a fan for two thirds of my life.

lunakat

I read my first Elfquest (EQ Book2) in the second grade... and I've been a fan ever since!

Elfquest taught me many things... among them, the word "gossamer." I loooved the descriptive details. I used to run back and forth to the dictionary to look up the meanings of the words I liked.

That, and the pictures. My, but I loved the pictures! Wink

Laurel

Quote:
lunakat

I read my first Elfquest (EQ Book2) in the second grade... and I've been a fan ever since!

Elfquest taught me many things... among them, the word "gossamer." I loooved the descriptive details. I used to run back and forth to the dictionary to look up the meanings of the words I liked.

That, and the pictures. My, but I loved the pictures! Wink

My laptop was named gossamer before I re-loaded OSX :D
I can just look at them for the picture sometimes and since I know the stories I don't even need to read them. Of course I enjoy the stories also.

Fourleafclover

*Counts on fingers* It will be another 6 years before I can join Club 20! :)

ShadowDancer

Elfquest was the first comic I ever read. My father had a subscription to the second edition color ones. I read them as they came out and they shaped every aspect of my life.

21 years... 23? I'm not sure.. maybe more. It makes me feel kind of old *grin*

I lost touch with EQ when Kings of the Broken Wheel came out and have just now managed to play catch up. Sort of.

I waited for 15 or so years to find out what happened to One-Eye. I just read the comic the other day that has the conclusion. Can you say tears?

Dreamweaver

I have been a fan since I was about 8 and I am now 28. My Aunty Helen introduced me to the story.

blackash

I've been reading them for 19 year now. My sister brought home from intestate. I love the drawing in them.

Elf

I read my first issue in 1982 (a fact that a friend reminded me of just a few months ago), but I I didn't start reading the series until they began publishing in Norway in 1985.

sandamara

I started reading Elfquest in the Summer of '84 between Jr. High and High School, those were very impressionable years so you could say EQ helped to shape my outlook on life and who I became :D

jadengems

I started reading when I was 13 years old. I'm 31 now. The math says I've been reading for 18 years...so not quite 20, but getting there.

Yippie, skippy...I'm getting on up there.

~Gem

Jade

Well lets see.
I started reading way back in 1985, ran Questhaven Holt for 15 years.
I'd say roughly about 22 years. :D

Skya

I dont actually remember the first time I read them, but I had the four donning books and I remember rereading them when I was 7 in 1983-84ish I'd eagerly await the next graphic novel coming out because my parents would get those for me. I didnt actually read the B&W originals until I picked them up for myself as an adult, but I spent my money as a teen making sure I had all of the comics coming out.

firequeen

It would give away my age if I said how old I was when I started reading Elf Quest. But, the tiny black and white versions in comic book format seemed to take forever before the next installment. I raised my children on Elf Quest and introduced a friends daughter to Elf Quest. She spent that entire summer engrosed in my huge collection. She copied drawing every character in the entire life time of stories. She is now a talented graphic artist about to graduate from college.
I have the original color graphic novels autographed by Wendy and Richard both. Bless Richards heart, when I showed him my art in 1980 he said * you do Wendy well... can you draw anything else?* I had to laugh later for those *Wendy Elves* were drawn before I ever heard of Elf Quest. I was flattered needless to say, but I will never be the artist Wend is.

StrangeWays

I discovered ElfQuest when I was 14.
My teacher had the first book among
the comics in his classroom, this
was 15 years ago.
It was the only one I liked.
I didn't do anything with it then.
I rediscovered it in 1999 and a few
years later my secondhand books
dealer offered me the first 5 books
and book 7 for only E75,--(book 2
was very badly damaged the others
were in very good condition).
He already sold books 6 and 8 not
knowing book 6 is rare and book 8 is
very rare. I found book 6 in Leiden
for E30,-- and book 8 in Antwerpen
for E125,--. Surprised
That is just a couple of years ago.

catspirit

I started reading the end of 84. (Or was is beginning of 85? :? )
And I can´t get enough of it

KirthelastGo-Back

Twenty-one years for me!

I remember the day well; it was the Friday before Memorial Day 1986, and a bunch of us high schoolers (only 20 in a bus made for 45 :) ) were headed home to New York from a three-day trip to D.C. I noticed a guy in the seat ahead of me with Book 2 (the Donning edition) spread across his lap... and I peered over his shoulder. For the record, it was the scene with Cutter, Leetah and the (wee) twins... by the natural hot springs of Sorrow's End... and quite nekkid. Wink

Eventually, the guy let me borrow the book for the last 70 or so miles of the trip. I read it, forgot about it... then, two years later, borrowed the first four books from a family friend and got hooked in earnest. 8)

This lasted until the end of Kings of the Broken Wheel, and then life intervened and EQ got crowded out of my life. Finally, in the spring of 1999, I had too much time on my hands one evening and fed the word "Elfquest" into Google, just to see what would come up.

Eight years later, I'm still keeping the faith!

Cheers,
"Kir"

GreyGirl

I bought the Starblaze edition of Book 1 in the early 1980s but had been dithering about getting it for a couple of years - but it was expensive, and I was still at school with very little money!

I've been collecting it ever since with the occasional break as Elfquest is not that easy to get in the UK - it's probably safe to say I have been reading it as long as it has been available here.

I have yet to get SaTS and the other new books but have the indidivual 'comics' up to Elfquest 33 when they suddenly stopped!

I re-read it quite often and after lurking about this website for a while decided to join...

Grey Girl

Arthis

Hi and welcome Grey Girl.

Feel free to introduce yourself here. :D

Heather

22 years. Started when I was eight. Found the first edition in my brother's comic book collection and got hooked.

micinjensue

I discovered EQ sometime in 86, at a bus depot that I was passing through on my way home. Took a peak at the magazine rack and noticed a few comics mixed in... one comic in particular had this reddish-brown haired honey of a male writhing in agony in a stone cage... and dang if I wasn't hooked on the spot. Strongbow has had a strong hold on my heart ever since. I started hunting for the other comics in that series, then one ay while riding on a bus I noticed a comic shop and saw something intriguing in the window...so I had to come back and I did, and found four Starblaze editions of EQ. The first four GN's and spent my entire food budget for the month (pretty much!) but they were worth every penny!

:D Mi

NightskyDarkstar

Lets see.... I got hooked when I was 9 years old. A girl I went to school with brought them in one day to class and while the teacher was "teaching" us we read the Fire and Flight under our desks. Worse then drugs I swear LOL. So that gives me around a lil over 15 years.

My mom kept trying to get me to read her comics like Fantastic 4 and Spiderman but EQ was the only thing that stuck. And much to the dismay of my grandma, I never outgrew it.

Laurel

With help I can now say that I was remiss in my prior estimation of when I started reading. I started in 1980. I remember the scene when Leetah walks up behind Cutter and puts her hand on his back. That is the first I remember, I was hooked from then on. I must have picked up that issue at my first convention which was Wordcon 1980 in Boston. So now I can say that I have been reading for 27 years (gads talk about dating yourself, horrifying)

Allen

i began reading trades in highschool. I have not read new stuff. That was about 20 years ago.

Apogee

I got the first issue of Fantasy Quarterly as a gift when it came out, I was in Jr High, I remember because we had a RPG club and I based my first D&D character on Leetah (though her name in my version was leta). So... that was I think 79. But I didn't begin buying the comics until issue 13 hit the shelves several years later, the cover of Timmorn Yellow Eyes really REALLY hit it for me, and I bought everything up to that point right then and there. So around what, 1983ish was when I fully started up. I joined my first Holt, Twin Peaks Glimmering Falls holt, I dunno when, tried being in a couple others but just never had time to do much with those. Online projects brought me together with a few but a lot of them just kind of hashed the same stuff over and over again.

So for me, 23+ years. I think all my comics are first print, with maybe 2 or 3 exceptions into 2nd printings, and I know one of them has a price sticker stuck onto it so I knew it wasn't the first print :) I didn't like the Starblaze editions at all, too bold color that didn't match the 'pseudo color' that the covers brought to the black and white interiors in my brain. I do have the DC archive editions, though, and pretty much everything in between, including the sets of lead figs from Ral Partha. And if only we could find the molds for those, I'd be willing and able to make more of em. But nooo. :)

cactus

Heh, I've read the title of this thread and thought "nope, not yet. I'm barely 20 years old". But now I finally realized that I'm older than I like to think I am Grin . I even unintentionally manage to give the wrong answer when people ask :oops: .
"How old are you?"
"Oh, I'm 24.... Nooo, wait. I'm sorry, I'm actually 26..." :roll:
Oh well, blame it on the wolfriders. They've been part of my life for over twenty years. I live in the now :P .

Anyway, I discoverd elfquest when I was five(ish?) , and one of my older brothers brought the Norwegian edition/translation of the Donning/Starblaze book one home from the library :D . It was love at first sight, even though I neither could read all the text, nor understand all of the meaning in what I could read. I looooooooooved the pictures though, I fell in love with Cutter, and Leetah became my hero :D .

I'm turning 27 this summer, so I have actually been a fan for over 20 years Surprised . I didn't even know... I should have had some sort of celebration.

locatei

Wow i just realized i'm on my 19th year of Elfquest-loving!! Next year it will be the big 20 years as i turn 27 years old!

Songflower

I started reading Elfquest in 1982 or early 1983, when I was 19 or 20 and was living in a college dorm and somebody (no idea who the first person was) discovered Elfquest and all of a sudden there were about 15 of us passing around the same issues, and we were all just entranced and we talked about EQ all the time! I was always a very heavy reader but I knew EQ was special from the start, and have been reading it ever since, and thinking about it, and learning from it, and I still notice new things in the old books from time to time. I flipped through one of my Donning-Starblazes just several hours ago, for about the 10,000th time probably!

PeterA

*Pops in for the first time in several months*
I started ready Elfquest in 1982 in think. I was station overseas in Okinawa at the time. I started with issue 3 or 4 of the original series then I started buying the colored volumes (5 issues per book) to get caught up. That's a long time. Surprised

Loba

I have a Fantasy Quarterly too. Can't remember where and how I came across it but I've had it at least 15 years, maybe more. :D

Yngvar

I've definitely [b:96fad84422]known[/b:96fad84422] about Elfquest for about 20 years, but I was more into Franco-Belgian comics like Asterix and Tintin at the time. I didn't actually check it out until about 1989-1990. I started with the Father Tree Press edition. My 20th anniversary is slowly approaching.

Does anyone know exactly when Kings of the Broken Wheel was first published? I remember that it started not long after I'd bought all the then six collections, which took me a few months.

WhiteTiger

I've been a fan for 27 years I figure

KirthelastGo-Back

[quote:93c1fc6d23="Yngvar"]I've definitely [b:93c1fc6d23]known[/b:93c1fc6d23] about Elfquest for about 20 years, but I was more into Franco-Belgian comics like Asterix and Tintin at the time. I didn't actually check it out until about 1989-1990. I started with the Father Tree Press edition. My 20th anniversary is slowly approaching.

Does anyone know exactly when Kings of the Broken Wheel was first published? I remember that it started not long after I'd bought all the then six collections, which took me a few months.[/quote:93c1fc6d23]

KBW's nine issues appeared in North America between the summer of 1990 and early 1992. The first issue, I believe, was billed as a "June 1990" release but actually came out in August - bought my copy at Comics and Comix in Berkeley, Calif.

Cheers,
"Kir"

wulffpup

Quote:
Timber

I became a fan in 1981-82, right out of high school. So that's what, 25 years? (YIKES Surprised ) You could say it has affected my life.

I became a fan about February of 1981. wow. Surprised

Minouche

No, but I'm an over 20x2 years old fan Wink

KirthelastGo-Back

Quote:
wulffpup

I became a fan about February of 1981. wow. Surprised

Ariel!!! :D *tackle-hug* Welcome!!!

Yeah, it's eerie that we're the "old guard" now! Surprised Twenty-one years for me as a fan, you know; May 1986 it was.

Cheers, you,
"Kir"

ZaritharSavageclaw

Yeps, I started reading the series around issue 12 or so of the original black and white oversized series.

windtwirl

I've been a fan for 20 years, since 1987, wich is a little difficult seeing that I lived in Venezuela (south america) where comics aren't big and it is quite hard to find books in english to begin with. So I would have t go on very little at a time... still waiting for the movie though... Wink

Embala

Elfquest started in Germany 1984 - and I started, too ... it was "love at the second sight". I was very grown up then ... much too old for comics ... wanted to be reasonable ...
Just to learn a few month later that I was already lost Wink hopelessly in love till now :D

Rainy

Wow. Am I seriously one of the oldest fans here? LOL

I started in 1977-1978. I was seven years old. I started with number 1. Wayy wayy wayy back. I think we got the quarterly after we hit number one. All three of us started collecting from that day on.

I've never stopped.

Wendy is why I'm an artist. I largely credit her with my skills and my love for art, and she is totally why I strove to learn to draw in the first place.

I still have all the issues. Dog-eared, worn, one even colored in (Issue 10) because i couldn't wait for the colored books and I had four copies of that issue and I loved Petalwing. LOL.

Allen

I think was in 1983 when I started reading EQ. I had many trades. I think 4-6 books in all.

Skya

Quote:
Allen

I think was in 1983 when I started reading EQ. I had many trades. I think 4-6 books in all.

Yeah, about the same here for me. I had the original quest in TPB and my parents would get me the new TPBs as they came out. I fondly remember always always wondering when the heck the next one was coming out. At that age the year in between graphic novels was a lifetime. :)

Allen

I wish i still had my old graphic novels. they were lost in house fire in '94.

tasmonia

Oooh I'm in this category! I've been reading EQ since '85 or '86 when my babysitter gave me her GNs to keep me out of her hair. I've loved them so much ever since!

Avrinlea

I've been reading Elfquest since 1981 when my sister bought me #10 and asked me to draw her Petalwing for her room. I have been in love with Elfquest since then. :D

Grendel

First post here :)

I remember seeing the comics in the early 80's an may have read one or 2 but I didn't get totally sucked in until I was 17 on a family vacation. I spent most of the money I saved for that trip on the 4 graphic novels and read them over and over for a week. That was 21-ish years ago. And the weekend I got home I met Wendy at some comic convention. She had done a little talk about the movie that was coming out soon.... sigh

Apogee

Welcome to the forums :)

Yeah this is .... my .... >__< 29th year of loving it, though I didn't buy the full original quest until after issue 13 had come out. I have Fantasy Quarterly (signed) and basically every book ever since. I just moved a bunch of crap around and recounted, re read everything over the last 2 weeks. Awesome today, as ever.

Mynx

22 years and counting for me!

I was 11 when our public library got a comic book section. I wasn't all that interested in old issues of Archie and Pals or things like Spiderman, but I dug through the stacks anyway just to see what was there.

The cover artwork caught my eye first, and then I read the title.

From then on, I've been hooked. My collection isn't quite complete (yet) but I'm happy to say that it fills a good portion of a whole shelf in my bookcase.

WindDancer

i've been a fan since I was 12 and am 35 now ... *does math using fingers and toes ... gives up and whips out the comp calculator* 23 years now. lol

my first issue was Original Quest coloured issue #25 found in a used book store just before a trip to Grandma's up in Oregon. I fell in love with it, and worked to get the rest... lost them eventually, but then collected Graphic Novels and novel books including the Anthologies, lost all that as well. have just restarted collecting again, only to be stalled out by finaces. *sakes head* i've introduuced my Lifemate to EQ, and he loves it. (and can't understand how he missed a comic with Wolves in it). once my kids get past the "careless with everything they own and touch (and in the case of the 3 yo, tear it up" stage I plan to introduce them to it as well.

joyleaf1

I could have sworn I posted here, Oh well must have gotten lost. I along with a few friends on here have been e.q. fans for almost 20 years, Ok 17 for me and I think more like 20 years for them, infact the girls who got me hooked on elfquest are on this forem too,lol elftanner and dewshine lover are the ones guilty I mean joyfully responsible for my adictshion to e.q.Its kind of cool realy now, back in the day we used to play and draw and here we are now talking to people all around the us and the world that are fans too.we use to wonder....good times anyways. Wink

G0lden

I got hooked way back in 1980. My then husband actually introduced me to Elfquest, and I got hooked. Then marriage didn't last and I'm stilled hooked, even both my sons (now grown) enjoy the series. I just introduced a family friend to the series recently and she is hooked as well. One fun note I got the chance to meet Wendy and Richard in 1982 at the Comix & Comics store in Citrus Heights, CA. Unfortunately the store is no longer in business, but the memories still remain after all of these years later. :D

Heather

26 years and counting

[Deleted User]

Yup, grew up with elfquest- been a fan since the age of 11 so it's 21 fan yrs now and many more coming.

mournsong

Heh, I think it's about the same for me. Although I really don't remember how old exactly I was when I picked up that first issue of ElfQuest in the library. I do know I was about thirteen or fourteen when I [i:551505da95]bought[/i:551505da95] my first ElfQuest, however.

skot_

I recall first seeing the second graphic novel in the bookstore when I was a mere teen. I looked at it over and over during many a trip and then finally bought it. Only later did I realize it was the second, so I got the first, and the third in short order. Had to wait for the fourth one.

Sooo, I have been a fan for 25+ yrs or so.

Soulfire

I`ve been a fan for 24 years, good grief has it been that long?? I still remember finding elfquest for the first time (issues 2,3,4 of the original quest) in my big brothers huge stash of comics, it was love at first sight and I spent the next decades searching and collecting....happy days :)

spiritofthewater

This year it's 20 years since I first saw an Elfquest drawing, but I didn't know what it was before the year after. Then I became a fan, but I have not be living with Elfquest all the time. I got away from it in the mid nineties and re-discovered it a few years ago when they published the manga volumes.

Moonsong81

Pretty new to the site, but came across this thread. My father was reading these to me when I was 4 years old. So that's 23 years for me. :)

Willowspring

about 15 years now

RillfishersStream

Well I was seven when I started so that's exactly 20 years this year. It's really nice to see that there are a lot of younger people on the forum getting into Elfquest. It's certainly had a good effect on my life.

Seamripper

I first discovered EQ with the original issue #3. I guess that would be back in 1978 or so. I still have two complete sets of the original comics packed away in my closet.

I ran a fan club (Windhaven Holt) for a few years during that time, until life and marriage pulled me away. I still have the original storyboards for those, too, packed away.

Recently, in the last year or so, I found this site and registered. Never had an opportunity until now to read through all the additional material. Wendy and Richard still have the touch. Some of those made me laugh right out loud! Grin

(Edit) Ohhhh...kay.... I just looked at my "Member since..." under my name. How time flies when you're not paying attention. Guess I've been a member here longer than I thought.

AlanStoldt

waiting every quarter for the next issue.

I am currently 41 years old. This is my first post.

My oldest daughter turned 18 on May 29th of 2009. Her name is Ember.[/img]

Nowth

Maybe, maybe not. More interesting: for how much longer?

windtwirl

[quote:f4b10ffe23="Nowth"]Maybe, maybe not. More interesting: for how much longer?[/quote:f4b10ffe23]

[color=blue:f4b10ffe23]Vey good question!... I don't see myself not loving EQ any time soon. I don't have children yet, but I can't wait to get them hooked as well... 8) [/color:f4b10ffe23]

Dreamweaver

I think I told the story about me before. I was born the year that Elfquest was born... 1978 (I am December, but still in that year! :D). My daughter is 10 months now and I am foaming at the mouth to get my hands on Story Time and A Gift of Her Own. I can't wait to read those to her. I would like to think that she will be into this comic with me... but who knows what the future will bring.

alia

i have been a fan for 28 yrs give or take a yr. i remeber when i was a little girl and walking through the redwoods and thinking about the elfquest books and thinking.... shade and sweet water cool....that is really good memories for me thank you richard and wendi.. :heart:

Kyri2015

Fan for about ten years.....and still counting.... :D

Quiver

Yes, just about 20 years. I bought my first copy in a discount bookshop when I was around 13. It was 'The Lodestone' and for some reason the Swedish edition also had 'Hands of the Symbol Maker' in it. I quickly returned to buy all that was available. During my teens I searched in comic shops every time I went to Stockholm and my collection in the end consisted of issues 2-17 of the Original Quest. I sold all of it a couple of years ago when I was below the breadline. When doing research for my thesis last autumn, I discovered that every issue had been published online. This means that I then for the first time could read the whole story. So I'd like to extend a great big THANK YOU to Wendy and Richard for bringing so much joy to my youth and adult life! :hug:

Yngvar

This thread has also woken up again?

Timely for me, because I think my 20th anniversary is approaching. I don't remember exactly when, but remembering where I lived and where I worked, my guess is that it must have been sometime in the second half of 1989.

Seamripper

Quote:
Yngvar

This thread has also woken up again?

Well, it's got to be new to somebody, sometime, right? :)

wolf44

Hi i am new to posting,but i have skimmed the forums. My father and i have been collecting comics for awhile. I have been reading EQ for almost 30 years so that shows my age. Grin It is a one of a kind thing. :D

CandoPax

Hmm...just shy. I'm on about 18 years now.

CandoPax

Hmm...just shy. I'm on about 18 years now.

wolf44

Yes a little shy. I am also new to useing a computer and typing. I tend to like hearing voices,and not just the ones in my head Grin

Kyri2015

Hahaha....funny.... Grin

willderbeast

The Willderbeast has been a fan of the 'Quest for nigh on 24 years now. It all started in 1985 when I read my brother-in-law's Starblaze editions, after which he and my sister (very considerately) bought me the Marvel Epic reprints of the original quest (I still have them in their little plastic comic baggies). Between '86 and '88, I acquired Starblaze volumes 1-3 and recently acquired #4 (and got "The Discovery" for my birthday last month).

Hadn't followed the comics since 1989, but just got back into them again three months ago, concurrent with my hopping onto this board and meeting the amazing community surrounding this work of art. So far, I've read nearly all of the online comics and have been very pleased with the way the story grew in the years after I stopped following it (especially the "Shards" series).

Yep! 24 years on, and I'm hungry for more!

Tenderfoot

Fan for 20 years? I wish! I haven't even lived for 20 years yet :roll:

willderbeast

Tenderfoot wrote:
[quote:a2e5b170e5]Fan for 20 years? I wish! I haven't even lived for 20 years yet[/quote:a2e5b170e5]

You'll get there and you'll enjoy it (promise!). The key thing is to enjoy right now, and ElfQuest is a great story to get into right now while you're young. For me, it was a cinnamon sprinkle of awesomeness on the buttered toast of my youth :D

senji

Quote:
Loba

While it may look like Ive been a member for over a year here online, until recently I havent been able to do a heck of a lot and now Im finally looking through the posts and seeing what all there is. I saw this topic and well, I definatly had to poke my nose in.

I became a follower if Elfquest in late 1982 early '83. I dont remember the year, but if anyone still has any of the original EQ fanclub books, youll even find me listed in the members names there. Been a fan for quite awhile and Im glad to see EQ fan base has done nothing but grow over the years.

NEXT PAGE