ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

Embala's ElfQuest Collages

[Deleted User]

You're getting better and better with the little collages- I absolutely love One-Eye and Clearbrook ones and am eager to see more. Wink

Embala

Redhead, you are COOL Wink

bukittyan, Kahvi's background complements well to her anger ... tho it's quite a different scene without her (you can guess which one). And I'm sure One-Eye has cried when he crossed the burnt forest!

I was almost thrilled when I noticed what happened to Clearbrook's hair, Arthis - perfect merging! Thank you!

Well, Kahvi is definitely one of the best. About One-Eye - I wanted him to fuse with the tree-ruin in his back, so a higher position was out of question for me. Maybe I'll give it a try just for curiosity, jeb Smile - the lake really is a bit irritating at the upper line.

Quote:
What is on Leetah's head?! (Looks like bird poop.)
Wink Tenderfoot already answered this. It's indeed a speech bubble - don't trust my editing skills to remove it without ruining her pretty face ... that's the simple reason for it. Now I'll always see this bird poop Wink ... really must improve my editing!

Icemoon, you are so sweet Hug

Moonmoss, welcome and thank you so much Happy In fact most of them were almost ready for long - only a handful is really new. And my favorites One-Eye and Clearbrook are rather old - as so often these were "unforced" ideas ... almost creating themselves. There will be no more "cards" for a while - will wait for new ideas.

After so many little quickies how about with great drama again?

Faces of Fear

click to see full sized

Willowspring

*cries* hos sad and beautiful

Icemoon

my god !
aaaaaaaaaaaaabsolutly WOOOOOOOOOOONDERFUL !!!

and terribly awesome... what a chao for the elves !

**joins willowspring to cry**

2passions

LOVELY!!!!!

Embala

Thank you all Happy ... and don't forget - this pre-humans were in fear, too! As it is said: Fear has many faces.

The next collage is something new ... new in tecnique and result. I wanted to do an illustration for Tymber's non-canon tribe - with canon pictures. So I gathered the necessary pics through different issues and build them together for the scene I wanted to show - from the episode Snowblind in the grab-bag of November 2008

Rescued by the Pack

click to see full sized

The following shows the puzzle parts - without the smaller editings like bigger teeth for Bloodfang ... hope you are interested to know, otherwise - just look away Wink

click to see full sized

Icemoon

impressively magnificient !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised

so beautiful !!
really greaaaaaaaaaat idea !
I love the result !

impreeeeeessive !!
love it ... Simply love it !

bukittyan

Yea, more drama! :D

I love the Faces of Fear. Both groups are represented well, and you see how both groups reacted to fear by where they were placed. Excellent job!

I like Rescued by the Pack too. It looks really cool, and it must have been difficult getting all the wolves necessary! I'm sure Tymber will love it.

Willowspring

LOVE IT! but i think the wolf in the corner licking its chops is the funniest of the image

jeb

[quote:f1442eeeb0="Willowspring"]LOVE IT! but i think the wolf in the corner licking its chops is the funniest of the image[/quote:f1442eeeb0]

I didn't even notice it until looking at all the elements separately. Adds a nice little viewer interaction. :)

One question: Who is the elf? What story is it from?

Embala

Kiss2 for Icemoon - there'll be more of them ...

Your comment and love for Faces of Fear is appreciated, bukittyan, it's a great laud.

Finding the wolves was not so hard ... finding a base for Wildthorn was a pain!

Wink @ Willow - thought I've hidden the tongue well Wink

His name is Wildthorn, jeb, an elf of Tymber's Stonehowl Holt. Just follow the link behind "Snowblind" above the picture for the single story or go directly to his Holt and check more Happy

... in case you meant my base ... it's Cutter from BoTC 10 or 11 "The Broken Circle"

Icemoon

yes !
mooooooore !!!!!!!!!!!

Embala

Quote:
"Kindredsoul
Embala, this is fabulous!!!
Thank you! *blushes* ... must admit being rather proud of the series.

Quote:
Is there anyway you can add color to (is that a young Cutter?)
If you mean whether I can change colors or add some color - Yes, I figured out some functions of my programm with more or less well working results. That didn't mean that I'd be able to color a b/w picture in acceptable quality, tho. And yes, it is young Cutter.

Quote:
I didn't know he was in there until I saw all the pieces you posted. Then when I went back to look, it took awhile for me to find him :oops:
Then I succeeded well Happy I wanted to illustrate a non-canon story - that requires the figures aren't recognizable as canon elves - at least not at first sight! But when you mean you havn't seen the tiny elf at all --- guess he's easier to detect when you've read the story before --- expecting him in the pic Wink

Willowspring

lol i guess i just love the wolfs look...

Rjjspesh

Ooh, I like 'Four Angry Gods' and 'Faces of Fear' would make such a cool poster!

Cool work- I've always been afraid of the computer, myself :P

Rjjspesh

And the 'Bird' collage you did in Icemoon's thread is great, too ^^

Embala

Happy you like, Rijspesh. I'm anything else but a "computer freak" myself - far from it! I detected my little talent by accident when trying to figure out the functions of my programm to make a few banners. Suddenly there were pictures I have created and liked in result.

I'd better be thankful for my comp - he gives me the possibility to "do art" worth showing without long practice - all I need is an idea, an eye for the parts and the patience to find them. And sometimes having an eye is enough - the idea strikes of its own volition Wink

I know well, Tymber - and enjoy your comments very much Happy I wasn't fishing for one more compliment tho - just wanted to explain how it developed. You called it "art manipulation" ... the puzzle parts are well showing how fitting this is.

The last ones already were mostly cleared, edited and brought in line. These picture(part)s are just like they are found in the comics (despite the seize of course):

click to see full sized

I picked them to do another illustration for Tymber's Stonehowl Holt, The Serpent and the Rainbow, a sequal of the last story, in the December 2008 grab-bag.

Birth of the Coil

click to see full sized

RedheadEmber

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Those are Amazing!

Icemoon

*gasp*

woaaaaaaaaaaw...
there's no other words:
woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

just AWESOME JOB !!!!!!!!!

stargazer

Embala, I haven't had much time to look in recently (moving house!!) but I've been missing a treat - all these 'quickies' are magnificent!!

jeb

Aw, Tymber, you don't have to steal me! You can just rely on my compulsive need to gain acceptance and approval from complete strangers by whoring my creative talents.

You had me at "You so effin' rock!"

Grin

Embala

It's easy to steal me away - but I'm hard to hold!

So ... better you do your very best, Tymber Wink

Willowspring

*jaw drops and tears form* wow.... just wow

Embala

Bows before Redhead and Icemoon - thank you for your support Happy

That's so sweet of you, Willowspring ... don't cry Hug

I'm flattered that my thread is one of your choices when looking for a treat, Stargazer *blushes* - thanks for your appreciation of the "quickies"!

... playing with new ideas - only in mind so far ...

One last piece - so far Wink - for Stonehowl Holt, The Coils of Madness, the end(?) of Tymber's Coil-Trilogie in the January 2009 grab-bag.

The puzzle parts, mostly unedited again

click to see full sized

and the final result: The Coil Revealed

click to see full sized

Icemoon

woaaaaaaaaaaaw ...
so good choice of pictures !
such a chaotic scene !!
poor elf, poor troll ...

awesome, as always !

[Deleted User]

I admire the way you make your collages seem like they weren't made up from bits and pieces *applauds*

Kyri2015

:wave: COOOLLLL!!!!! :wave:

Embala

Cool that you looked in and like it, Kyri Happy Thank you very much!

Wish I could be half so enthusistic as you, Icemoon. Hug

WOW ... that's a great praise, Moonmoss! Makes me a bit proud to know I succeeded well ... *blushes*

Rjjspesh

Quote:
Embala

: The Coil Revealed

I like this!
Also 'Birth of Coil' = coolness.
And like Moonmoss said- they don't look like they are made from peices, but look like complete pictures.

CrimsonAnna

For a moment, Embala, I thought your collages were roiginal Pini-pictures. Very well done

Embala

Thank you, Rjjspesh Happy Tymber's stories were very challenging - both totally different from canon and similar enough to use original pictures. I'm grateful for the inspiration and incredibly happy that it is working for others, too!

I'm flattered, CrimsonAnna *blushes* Thanks so much for looking by!

Just two new "quickies":

Lovers of the Future - Lovers of the Past

Icemoon

aaaaaaaw ...
I love those sads pictures ...

love how you show how much this decision is difficult for leetah ...

splendid job ... no other words than "WOAAAAA"

RedheadEmber

[color=red:556835ca90]Those are [i:556835ca90]grrrrrrrrrrreat![/i:556835ca90] :thumbsup: :bow: [/color:556835ca90]

faeriegirl

whoa. wow. such great work! such a hard decision indeed... you really show that!

Rjjspesh

So they're like a quick 'sketch' for you on the computer? I like the Rayek/Leetah one. And so SAD yes

Embala

Guess it could be compared with a sketch, Rjjspesh - quick idea, quick success (normally). It's possible to do a number of them with comparably little effort. Once more it's a surprise how much they are liked Happy - Thank You All!

They are sad again, that's right ... I tend to do sad moods rather than happy ones.

That reminds me - there are still two ones to repost from before the crash ... supposed to be funny Wink

Angel & Devil

The Truth about Surge

click to see full sized

Brill and Krill are dolled by Nightsea.

RedheadEmber

[color=red:ad14cc498c] Grin That's [i:ad14cc498c]fab![/i:ad14cc498c][/color:ad14cc498c]

Icemoon

LOL

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
love the Surge one !!!!

:jump: :rofl: :rofl: :roflmao: :roflmao:

those are fantastic !!!!

G0lden

Absolutely love the lovers of the future and lovers of the past. :D They're beautiful. :D

faeriegirl

:rofl: angel&devil... Grin

stargazer

Grin Grin Grin

[i:1f898d14a6]Almost[/i:1f898d14a6] makes me feel sorry for Surge!

Embala

Laugh Very happy all of you were amused.

G0lden Surprised ... thanks so much for loving the Lovers!

An illustration for Redhead's poem in the January 2009 Grab Bag - and I'm proud that it contains all the elements itself. krwordgazer wrote:

Facing your greatest fear

A rebirth of some kind

A natural disaster

Prediction, foreboding, forewarning or any sense of something to come

Disaster

click to see full sized

Icemoon

(And yeah, I'm back for some happy minuts)

woaaaaaaaw !!!!

what a cahotic beautiful scene ...
I feel so sad for all of those elves and humans, I'ld like o help'em ...
*sigh*

wonderful collage ...
and Redhead ember, beautidul poem !!!!

jeb

Icemoon! I was just wondering if you'd disappeared...

G0lden

Embala, I like how you show the events of Blue Mountain affected not only the elves, but the humans as well. :D

Icemoon

Quote:
jeb

Icemoon! I was just wondering if you'd disappeared...

Grin
LOL

don't worry !
I was just in a little trip in Greece and I didn't have internet ...
But i'm back now !

Kitt

That last one was put together really nicely :)

stargazer

That's another really nice one Embala!

bukittyan

Ooo, lots of good stuff here. I love the lovers of the future/lovers of the past. Poor Leetah.

And Disaster is simply awesome. I love the imagry you've placed in it. :D

Surge.... poor surge... :rofl:

Rjjspesh

Agree with Bukittyan. Great choice of images ^^

And yeh... almost feel sorry 4 surge...

Embala

Oh ... dolling and real life made me neglecting my thread terribly *shame* ... and I still found it on the first page Happy

THANK YOU all!

You are a darling, Icemoon, spending some of this few happy minutes with me Kiss

Thanks for looking in, jeb Smile

Of course the humans were affected deeply by this disaster and their contribution had to be shown, G0lden. I'm wondering whether you've mistaken Aurek for a human, tho - it already happend before. Happy to see you here again Happy

It's great to see you visit again, Kitt and Stargazer! I'm honored!

The quickies about the Lovers of the Future/Past seem to be appreciated very well Surprised I'm happy that you are enjoying the different facettes of my little art, bukittyan!

Thanks so much, Rjjspesh - nice to see you here Happy

I want to share another facette of my playing around - it was a sudden idea and sooo much fun to do Laugh It contains private pictures of Willowspring's cub Littlebit - thanks for the permission!

Quote:
Willowspring2

yes that is! you can have fun whenever you see a picture of Littlebit that you wanna tweak. He got a kick out of them, and pointed and said WAVEDANCER! so i have trained my cub well

Littlebit exploring ElfQuest Land

click to see full sized

click to see full sized

click to see full sized

click to see full sized

RedheadEmber

Littlebit defiantly has an exiding life! Wink

Rjjspesh

Before I go on... who is the old mer-elf? I'm not sure I recognise here?

G0lden

Embala the pictures you did with littlebit are great as well as adorable. Grin

Embala

Happy to have amused you, Redhead and G0lden Happy

Rjjspesh, this old mer-elf is Tentus, tribal eldest of the Original WaveDancers.

Just Savah

click to see full sized

Bigger, single versions:

ElfTanner

These are great Embala. I think these are my fav so far. :D

Rjjspesh

Cool- I've never heard of him.

Oooh, I really like the Savah ones. It looks classy with that border on it. I'd totally have that on my wall as a poster fo sho ^^
The last on on the left is cool how her head twists in two directions like that

G0lden

Embala the one you did of Savah are cool! :D You should do more of those for each character. :D

Icemoon

woooooooooooooooow !
Embala, you're collages are always BREATHTAKING !!!!!

Embala

Your enthusiasm makes me blush, Icemoon.

Thank you, ElfTanner!. Knowing that you are still visiting means a lot for me. After all this thread is your "fault" to some degree! Wink

That would make the second poster I could sell, Rjjspesh. If it would be possible I'd make it a gift for you!

Glad you like it, G0lden Happy About more characters ... it is difficult to find pictures promising more than "average" results - and after Savah I'm spoilt! The Lovers of the Future/Past were influenced by this one, tho.

Originally the idea was to make "Janus faces" - combining opposites like Savah/Winnowill, Rayek/Cutter, Cutter/Leetah ... or the one which made the beginning - Brace and Savah ...

Statuettes

Icemoon

sublime ...
they're so great together !
I love this pic !
you always choose the great ones !

SPLENDID !

G0lden

Wow I like it a lot Embala. :D

bukittyan

I like the Savah triptych, but I think they're more powerful images alone than together. It took a while for me to figure it out, but I think the blue of the middle one totally focuses your eye, and the other two on the sides are a little lost because they don't contain enough of that blue to draw you away to see them.

Savah with Brace is just awesome.

:D

Rjjspesh

Wow, Statuettes is great. It has a great balance to it, very well done.

And, question: Have you made a poster before? Really? Can I see it somewhere?

Embala

My special thanks to my enthusiastic young friend Icemoon and the faithful visitor Golden. Having you come along each time ... reading your great comments - has made my day so often Hug

Great to see you here again, bukittyan! The Savah heads were done as single pictures originally - but with the idea that you can put them on a wall together (if they would be real pics. Wink When it comes to posting them here I wanted to show them together - comparable at first sight. Therefore I made the triptych ... some like it this way, some prefer the singles.

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions - and for your praise for Statuettes! Happy

I was kidding, Rjjspesh ... some months before Kindredsoul reacted just like you when she saw "Colored Moods of Cutter" - she wished it would be able to get a poster of it. Believe me - if I could do one I'd sent both of you a free sample!

Thanks so much for your words about "Statuettes". I was rather surprised and very pleased how it came out - good to know that it is liked by others, too.

A new (old) collage - done for the March 2009 grab-bag ... for one of Redhead's poems again. It takes my first attempt at coloring ... okay, sort of coloring *grin*

Dark Secret

click to see full sized

Here's a variation including the poem.

click to see full sized

G0lden

I love it Embala, the blending of past and present are great. :D

Embala

Thanks so much, Sihreie and G0lden Happy

There are so many Cat-Elves and other catkin appearing in the threads right now ... simply must show my take on Catriders Laugh

click to see full sized

Inspired by The "Meow" of Kitty-thought - many thanks to manga for the idea and Nightsea for Winnowill (just perfect pose Wink ).

faeriegirl

it's back!!! yay!! love it!

G0lden

Too cute. Grin

valkerie

Those are some really Gorgeous Embala I love the aspects you include and the way you arrange them Keep up the really awesome work.

Willowspring2

I think if i were a cat, id be playing with Winnowills feathers too

LOVE it Embala

Embala

Laugh Happy I could amuse you all!

Valkerie!! Whoowh ... great to see you here! Thank you for the compliments - I'll do my very best *blushes*

It's October - time for ghosts and spirits and death ... and life. This one is rather old. I liked it but never was really satisfied.

Deathwatch

click to see full sized

Something was missing ... another dimension ... that's what I came up with today

Deathwatch - Dump him!

click to see full sized

What do you think?

Willowspring2

ahhh the lobely Kahvi telling them to dump them.... I love it!

faeriegirl

Love it!

Icemoon

woaaaaaaaaaaaaaw ... as usually, it's awesome !
wondefful work, embala ! oh, please MOOOORE !!!!!

*is in needing of superbs collages*

Rjjspesh

W00t new stuff! I like the title: 'Deathwatch'. Has a ring to it..

Embala

Thank you for the encouraging comments, friends Happy And a THANK YOU for the unknown, mute visitor(s) who must have checked my thread back and forth and back again Wink

I did a change (clear improvement in my eyes) on Deathwatch - Dump him - wonders if anyone besides me will be able to notice it ...

Of course there will be more, Icemoon *it's on me to blush this time* ... but I'm a unsteady worker and tend to neglect my thread sometimes *shame* Sticking with the ghosts and spirits:

Identity

click to see full sized

faeriegirl

Me likes! :D

G0lden

I love it Embala. :D

RedheadEmber

:D [color=red:0bcbda8977]Me likies [size=18:0bcbda8977]vevvvy[/size:0bcbda8977] much![/color:0bcbda8977]

Willowspring2

I likey very very much!

Icemoon

I LOVE THIS !!!!!!!

wonderful pic, as always !

I love love loooooooooooooooooooove way so much how you choose the right pic and how you "play" with'em... That's so cool !

Rjjspesh

Why that particular combination of images and phrases?

Embala

Seeing you visit and reading your "loving" comments makes my day more than once - and keeps me going on with my playing around.

Quote:
Why that particular combination of images and phrases?
That's hard to answer, Rjjspesh. I hardly think about my collages - they are made much more by instinct than mind. I tried other combinations which make sense or are pleasant to look at ... but none appealed me like this one.

A matter of Identity

- Cutter being proud of his "tainted" blood, valuing the gifts it bears and accepting the death it will bring

- Timmain, the last High One, feeling comfortable being like a creature of the world she's stuck in

- and Two-Edge, ingenious but torn and clouded, a stranger on any world, for any species - and to himself.

These are other examples:

Wolfin Heritage

- the shapechanged Mother,

- her Son, both capable for survival and torn between Starsong and Wolfsong

- and the final result - Cutter, Blood of Ten Chiefs - perfectly balanced

click to see full sized

Mothers and Sons

click to see full sized

and just for the nice look

click to see full sized

Well ... it's Halloween - the only time I'd dare to show this one. In another thread lunakat suggested
Quote:
It would have been better to do your own drawing of a baby-elf spirit.
... following a whim I made a quick sloppy doodle of an elf just to see how it would look like

prepare for the horror OMG!!

Embala tries elf Evilgrin

Have I mentioned already that I CANNOT draw? Tongue

The real Halloween piece is here Razz

faeriegirl

I like the mothers&sons pieces! they're cool!

...nope, refuse to comment on your elf :P

Rainy

I will comment on it.

And I will tell you that you actually proved that you CAN draw. :)

We ALL start at the same level at first you know.

The only difference between that picture and another picture that you think is awesome is mostly a LOT of practice and work and trying again when you fail at it and just not giving up.

Honest.

My first drawings looked like everyone else's do when they first start, and it's pretty much true for everyone. Some folks learn and adapt faster at new mediums and such, but we all sort of start at the same place.

I think it is pretty good for someone that has convinced themselves that they can't draw myself!

So there. :P

G0lden

Love the mother & sons piece Embala. :D

As for your elf, you draw just like I do. Grin

RedheadEmber

[color=red:34bb815713]Nonsense Embala... of [i:34bb815713]course[/i:34bb815713] you can draw! :D We're some people who haven't really moved away from stick-figures you know!

Love your collages! But hey... I [i:34bb815713]always[/i:34bb815713] do![/color:34bb815713]

Rjjspesh

That was a great answer to my question of why those particular images and phrases... your instinct is pretty deep.

The new pieces are great, love how they're so similar but so different. The colours give altering moods.

I think your elf is adorable! She's so cute and happy looking ^^
You should definately post a few more -.o

stargazer

As others have said, practise is the key...and I think your elf shows promise, your proportions aren't too bad at all. Nobody just picks up a pencil and produces a masterpiece straight off the bat! Wink

Embala

Laugh @ faeriegirl and G0lden - It's ok, happy you like the collages 8)

Come on Redhead - I'm a little better than stick-figures! ... but not much *grin*

Hey ... You know - Kiss & Hug - right?

Surprised Faerydae! That's surprising ... both your visit and comment!

Many thanks for taking my "attempt" serious and for the encouraging words! But ... but ... but ... STOP - maybe you are right ... I KNOW you are right with the "trying - failing - not giving up practicing" part. BUT - whatever artistic talent there might be - I don't think I'll start to develop my drawing skills after forty years of convinving me that I cannot draw. I found other possibilities for nuturing my muse - and here on the Scroll I'm happy to create and share my collages. Thanks so much! Hug

Same at you, Stargazer. It's such a great feeling taken serious by artists Surprised ... and being encouraged! Especially in your case - I know you left your "silent mood" for this. Happy

Great to see you leaving marks here again - no matter how random - just to know you are still around!

Awww ... Rjjspesh ... you are too kind Kiss2 Now my little elfie is even happier! Don't think there will more tho Wink ... but in case I'll be temped to grab a pencil again I'll promise to post it.

... well ... Considering the feedback it provoked ... maybe I should Wink

Just a little fingerpractice in "art manipulation". Well known Petalwing transformed into

Berryseed - disabled Preserver from Tymber's Stonehowl Holt

Embala

This one was made for the May 2009 Grab-Bag - inspired by Redhead's poem

No Distance

click to see full sized

faeriegirl

still love it :)

Icemoon

oooooooooooooh waw ...
such an awesome collage ...
really beautiful, Again and as always, I love the combinasion of pictures you choose ...

oh, please more !!
I love your collages so much, they're a real pleasure and so fantastically well done !!

G0lden

Love it Embala. :D

Icebird

Brilliant! :heart:

Embala

Surprised *takes a deep breath* ... wow ... thanks, Icebird! *bows*

Big HUG for faeriegirl, G0lden and Icemoon - your are the best! Happy

And one more hug for Icemoon in special ... miss your art - hope real life will allow you to enjoy us again soon. Thanks so much for finding time to visit here Kiss2

Only a little "altering" this time - Winnowill's "creepy dream" illustrated for Tenderfoot's medival tale in the July 2009 Grab-Bag.

Nightmare

click to see full sized

Rjjspesh

Ooh I like the 'No Distance' one. Great set of images and it's cool to see work with wavedancers. They don't get much shine, normally. I think it would make a great poster :)

Embala

Happy to see you here, Rjjspesh Happy A poster?... would be nice!

This Wavedancer piece is somehow special indead. It has to (re)tell two storylines - through the eyes of Brill.

Back to my beginnings ... no illustration, no storytelling ... though I hope this will "tell" something, too. I've experienced with this theme long ago when testing my programm, trying different combinations - and then have almost forgotten about it.

The pictures in the first one were my favorite choice - they are combined "the old way" - simply in a row.

In His Arms

click to see full sized

Recently I returned to it, tried sort of a poster ... and realized that my "less favorite" set of pics works much better this way:

Safe in His Arms

click to see full sized

Willowspring2

Always!

NEXT PAGE