ELFQUEST
FORUM ARCHIVE     ABOUT EQ     READ ONLINE     SHOP    
ABOUT     READ     SHOP    

... around Christmas time

Embala

You are a sweetheart, Icemoon :) and doing one more bauble was an easy task! Little effort to make you happy :D
It's great to see you as a new constant visitor, WolfMoonSky. :D I'm happy both of you like the Christmas piece so much. Must admit I'm a little proud of it, too ;)

Hi, Redhead - this was a nice idea, wasn't it? ;)
Baubles fallen off the tree? :-O ... best I blame Kuschel for it *grin*

Quote:
Nightsea

Where did the art/character for the faeriegirl gift come from? She's lovely!
*eats another "Nightsea" cookie and smiles*
--Nightsea

Not quite sure - Blevins? It's from HY #24, Page 16. Good appetite ;)

faeriegirl

*SQUEEEE!!* Love em all!!!! Happy to be back, and welcomed by all this beautiful stuff all over the Scroll(by everyone!)! :D

Embala

Welcome back, faeriegirl! Sounds like you had a great time on vacation - and now again back on the Scroll. Thanks for looking in *HUG*

Remember - the daily calendar on page one is still updated - last pic tomorrow! :)

TrollHammer

Quote:
Embala

I wish you all [size=18:2bb181c036]Happy Holidays![/size:2bb181c036]
Have a peaceful Christmas and a good time with family and friends.

And remember - the daily calendar goes on! :D

Like it, Embala, turned out way better than the one I was working on (and failed miserably at, maybe next year!) Fit together nicely and well colored!

Glad you have had the time to help us all get into the spirit!

Nightsea

Yep, saw Trueflight. Like the new wavedancer image also!
<hugs>
--NS

RedheadEmber

Who is it today? Dodia? I thought she was alive, simply... bonkers...

And... did you give up on Lutei? Or...

faeriegirl

Awesome as ever!

Embala

Thankies, faeriegirl 8->

Today's bauble is Windstone, the warrior chieftess who defended Sorrow's End against the Human raid. She most probably didn't make it - judging from the last battle scene. I like her look so I decided to add her to this calendar.
About Lutei ... there's still one more chance, isn't it? You'll have to look once more to know, Redhead? ;)

RedheadEmber

Yeah... I know... I'm very exited to see how you managed to knack my little challenge! :twisted:

Embala

Grin ... knack...!!! ;)

RedheadEmber

Well... Yeah...

stargazer

You did an amazing job again with this year's calendar Embala!

RedheadEmber

Yep!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

faeriegirl

Awesomeness! Lutei is beautifully made...

Icemoon

Embalaaa !!!!
the "celebrate" one is soooooooooo well done !!!!!
:love: :heart: :love:

Embala

I'm glad you enjoy, Icemoon!

Thankies, faeriegirl :D So you are satisfied, Redhead? :-j You know ... knack means "crack" in German. ;)

Welcome, Stargazer! Your visit and encouraging comment means a lot to me! :)

Have a Happy New Year !

Cleopatra

Surprised WOW. It's just... WOW. Surprised I don't know how I should describe it... AMAZING :clap:

faeriegirl

That is Amazingly Wonderfully Beautiful spot-on! Surprised :D
Happy New Year everyone! *cheers!*

Icemoon

YEEEEHAAAAAY !!!

Happy new year !!!!
Wish you maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany good things and happiness !!!!!!!!!!!

*dances*

Oh, and of course your collage is awesome, Emby ! (don't ask me where I found the "Emby" xD )

Willowspring2

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW i love it!!!!!!! i love it!!!!!!!!! *dances*

CrimsonAnna

It's so beautiful:) Love it Embala

G0lden

Love it Embala! :D What a why to ring in the New Year. :D

WolfMoonSky

Wow Surprised I love it Embala :D Good way to go to the new year Wink

RedheadEmber

That's great Emby 8)

Embala

I want to say Thank You to all visitors, to everyone who contributed by comment and own art :D
When you have enjoyed I'd love to see you return next Advent - following the new year's calendar! (... which hopefully will be ...)

Thank You very much!

faeriegirl

Loved the whole calendar! *sets up camp in advance for advent next year!* :)

RedheadEmber

*Joins camp* 8)

Embala

Okay - this one is restored (more or less)

note to myself: Have to replace some pictures in fitting size! - DONE

Drops a truck load of brownies and dreamberry juice for the campers ... and an extra gallone of coffee for Redhead ;) before leaving again.

RedheadEmber

*quickly drinks all the coffee*

Ez da moooreee??

Embala

I plan to do it again ... hopefully time will allow me to keep on track ... a new Christmas bauble each day until Christmas - and a bit longer!
Enjoy a visit ... and feel free to add something of your own.

Advent Calendar 2010 - Chiefs and Mates

faeriegirl

Looking forward to them already! Happy

[Deleted User]

YAAAAYYYAAAYOOOAAHHHH! an Embala calendar this year too!
I can't wait to see!
Thank you for doing this - it requires lots of work! And gives great chirstmas spirit!

WolfMoonSky

I'm looking forward to it!! I can't wait to see it!!Happy

Embala

It is the 1. Advent - and the first door of my EQ Advent Calendar has opened.

Each day one more door will be replaced by a Christmas ornament. You are invited to visit - come and see whether - or better when? - you find'll YOUR favorite Chief with mate in the collection.

And when you like what you see please leave a comment to keep this thread on the first page until Christmas ... and a bit longer. Or - even better! - add something of your own ... art, poem, wishes ... whatever comes to your mind!

Enjoy!

Looking for the calendar? Scroll up! B-)

faeriegirl

Hey Embala, instead of just posting 'go to post #130', why not use this link to the post instead? =)

Just trying to help =)

Watershaper

impressive

Embala

Welcome, Watershaper :) Thank you for the kind comment - hope you will look in furthermore to enjoy the the growing calendar.

- This is a special for you. :)

Don't miss the Advent Calendar "Chiefs & Mates" above in post #130 - a new pic will be added each day.

Thanks, faeriegirl!

WolfMoonSky

BEAUTIFULL EMBALA!!!Luvlove

faeriegirl

Beautiful indeed!!

faeriegirl

And you made Zarhan a flame! How super-cool!

Startear

Zarhan and Rahnee! I love how you've made Fastfire into a flame! :D

Embala

Glad to see you visit this year as well, Wolfie. - That's yours ;)

*YAY!* You've found it, faeriegirl! Zarhan "inflamed" is a nice touch, isn't it?

Welcome, Startear \:D/ , very happy you like Fastfire on fire, too!

Don't miss the Advent Calendar "Chiefs & Mate" above at this page - a new pic will be added each day.

WolfMoonSky

Quote:

Glad to see you visit this year as well, Wolfie. - That's yours Smile

:

SO BEAUTIFULL!!!! Luvlove Heart Thanks so much!!Hug

I love this thread!!Happy

Watershaper

Vielen Dank da kommt richtig Weihnachtsstimmung auf.

Sefra

OMG EMBALA! These are so beautiful! I especially love Timmorn and Murrel! Heart

*oogles pretty ornaments*Hypnotize

cometduster

Embala you amaze me with your wonderful ideas they are breath taking.....Hypnotize

LOVED THE STAR COOKIES

Startear

Ah, Prey-Pacer, Wreath and Softfoot! Yay I love how Softfoot's face looks like it was crushed by a log or something similar, while Wreath looks a little mysterious. And Prey-Pacer's running posture which we all adore! Great work on this!

Vojira

Ohh they're beautiful! Nice job, Embala.

[Deleted User]

My current favourites are Suntoucher and Toorah- somehow the bright gleam in the balls, the sand-esque background with the gold stars and the characters fit so seamlessly together- making the picture look just like the couple is.
Others are great too, I love that you're doing this calendar this year too, Embala!

Embala

WOW Happy ... that's lot of loving feedback!

You are welcome, Wolfie *kisses* Schön dass ich etwas zu zu deiner Weihnachtsstimmung beitragen konnte, Watershaper. :)

Welcome Sefra! Your praise is a bit overwhealming ... as is yours, cometduster. Hope you will return and enjoy the coming ornaments.

You have a liking for the "older" chars, Startear. I'm glad you love this slightly sad, haunted looking set so much. (You know there is only this one pic of Softfoot, right?) Thanks for the praise.

It's a delight to see you visit again, Moonmoss. I love to do this annual calendar - even more when it's liked so much! \:D/

To be honest - I realized what you see in your favorite not before posting it in the calendar - one more that worked by mere instinct. I remember that I not even wanted to use these baubles - they seemed to be too dark. And ... I made a silly mistake at first - pairing up the wrong couple.

Great that you look in, Vojira! I'm glad you like what I have to offer. Want a ball, too? ;)

http://humon.deviantart.com/#/d33xk0i

jeb

Add me to those loving the Rahnee and Zarhan pairing. What makes it so striking is the bold personal stylings of the different artists. And using the flame for Zarhan is very clever.

Poor Petalwing! No mate for this "chief"!

Cleopatra

Awsome calender. Smile

faeriegirl

Love them!! Heart

cometduster

I love your AV Ball....She is cute....Giggle.....Thank you that puts a smile on my face when I see you have used her for an ordamint.....Grin

I also love Vojira's!!!!

Embala

Welcome, jeb - now I'm even more content that I used this special pic of Rahnee!
I think our dear bug is fine with himself :bz ... and it will not stay the only single.

Thanks for the lovely comment, Cleopatra. :)

Great you are following the calendar, faeriegirl! Thought I've forgotten you? No way!

- your ball is ready Smile

Don't miss the Advent Calendar "Chiefs & Mates" here - a new pic will be added each day.

faeriegirl

*tackleglomps Embala* Awesomeness!!!! Love it!!! Love my ball! Love today's addition!! Love it all!! Happy

*goes to make the ball her avatar* Happy

jeb

Hmmm...a group on the steps going down into troll caverns?

Can't think of where it is. Rogue's Challenge? Searcher and the Sword? All but Blood?

And how does it relate to "Chiefs and thier mates"?

I've used the zoom feature on my browser to it's fullest, and I gotta say, I'm stumped. Hypnotize

I'll have to think about this one.

faeriegirl

I'm thinking it might be Winnie and Smelt... but not quite sure. Can't really see it either...

Embala??

Vojira

I think it's the lair of the Frozen Mountain Trolls...

faeriegirl

Troll caverns... quite possible too!

Vojira

I think that and the Father Tree picture is supposed to be a breakoff from the 'Mates'-line and work as a 'Great Holts'-line.

RedheadEmber

Who is it on the 5th?

Embala

Surprised I've puzzled you ... and a ball sparked a discussion! And made Redhead post :-h

The 2. Advent ornament is the Troll Cave - no less, no more. It's from the end of KoBW #8 when Picknose announces the return of the Palace.

Vojira is basically right ... when I first planned the "Chiefs and Mates" there weren't enough chars (especially mates) to fill the extended calender. Looking for alternatives I decided to include the "Homes" of the various tribes and races.

Doing a "ball" out of Startear's avatar was a bit tricky - that's what I came up with finally

- for you, Startear!

Vojira

KoBW? It looked more like the Frozen Mountain trolls caves. Most be the colour that threw me off. XD

jeb

Nuh_uh

Gah! And I was just looking at KoBW the other day and it didn't even cross my mind.

Guess Finals rush is affecting my brain, making things harder than they should be. You're lucky I didn't write a 500-word essay on the meaning of staircase imagery and the underworld.

*takes a deep breath*

Just relax, jeb, and enjoy the pretties.

*looks at calendar today*

Ack! *cough*...not pretty...

(just kidding! I like trolls!)

Startear

Quote:
Doing a "ball" out of Startear's avatar was a bit tricky - that's what I came up with finally

- for you, Startear!

Ity... ipity pah, ita...

IT'S SUPER PRETTY! *jumps up and down* THANKYOYTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANK YOU! Heart Kiss

cometduster

They are looking awsome EmbalaHeart!!!!!HeartHeart

Embala

WOW ... @-) ... *goes through her thread seeing a lot of very familiar avatars*

Thank you for embracing my little gifts so whole-heartily, faeriegirl, Watershaper and Startear! I'm honored, slightly overwhelmed and very happy!

Not pretty!? ... Don't let Oddbit hear this, jeb - she especially made me use a picture from her prime! =P~

... prettier? ;)

faeriegirl

Lovely new additions!! Personal favorite jeb-ball is the second one. Wink
Lovely Two-Spear/Willowgreen/Graywolf pic! Happy

WolfMoonSky

Embala they are all so beautifull!!!Heart Luvlove

Cleopatra

Well done with Two-Spear/Graywolf and Willowgreen.Smile

Embala

Great to see all of you looking in!

Must hurry to get the baubles ready - a lovely one for Cleopatra

Beryl

They are beautiful OMG!! you are so creative

I love them Heart

And the the personal gifts are gfantastic as well Happy

Sefra

Awwww I loved the one with Picknose and Oddbit! But they are all so pretty! Hypnotize

Hee hee, I this is actually the only advent calendar I'm following this year, but I adore it! Happy

Embala

\:D/ Thank you for this great praise, Sefra! Welcome here, Beryl, thanks so much for your loving words. I love you all! !Dewshine

There's one for you, too, Sefra

Sefra

Quote:

Dancin' Thank you for this great praise, Sefra! I love you all! Luvlove

There's one for you, too

OOOH! *bounce* Thank you so so much! It's lovely! Heart Heart Heart

Beautiful! I'm going to have a seasonal avatar too hee hee! Happy

Cleopatra

Quote:
Must hurry to get the baubles ready - a lovely one for Cleopatra

Oh, Embala it's beautiful. Thank you so much.

*tackle glomps Embala*

cometduster

omg...omg...OMG...Embala they are awsome sooooooo love themHeartHeartHeart

WolfMoonSky

..I'm just a few hours away and what I see now is fulll of joy! They are so beautifull!!Luvlove

Embala

Before you leave again ... -an unusual solution for you, Beryl :x

Beryl

wow Luvlove

its wonderfull Embala!!

I love it so much Heart

And you made it in my favorite color! thats so great

I love the flame in the middle

[Deleted User]

You are extremely talented in making collages, Embala.
All the baubles look fabulous too- have to admit, Cleopatra's is my current favourite, since the colour scheme and pearls in the picture fit in so seamlessly.
And as for Suntoucher and Toorah...I wonder which couple you accidentally put there first....We'll find out before or bit after christmas, I'm sure Smile

Applauds for your work!

jeb

Embala, you are absolutely amazing. I spend 30 minutes to get a clumsily done little mistletoe added to my av, and you come up with this

Quote:

(I like the first one, too. But this one better.)

Now I get to join the ever-growing ranks of the Embala Bauble-heads! Yay!

I love Greywolf peeking over the pine-cones. Laugh

Vojira

(Giggle) Like Jeb I love Graywolf's ball. 'What are you doing?? Go away!D8('

jeb

Quote:

(Giggle) Like Jeb I love Graywolf's ball.

Hypnotize

Roflmao

I'm sorry, I'm running on too little sleep or food and waaayyy too much coffee.

Vojira

XD Poor Graywolf. (Snicker) What's another word for it? bulb?

jeb

There's nothing wrong with "ball." I'm just in a particularly, spectacularly, stupid and childish mood.

Even saying "Greywolf's ornament" is giving me a fit of giggles. (and I'm not even thinking of it in any dirty way, just silly.) I need to go to bed before I get myself in real trouble.

Vojira

XDDDDD Same here!

jeb

Embala! I just noticed that the lighting on the picture in my av matches the star in the corner perfectly! Was that planned? Too awesome!

Embala

Aahhh ... hahhahaa....You two! :D Great you have fun!

You changed your av right while I was doing your bauble, jeb - and the mistletoe wouldn't go well with it. Therefor I made a second one. And it wasn't "planned" in classical meaning ... I seem to "see" what functions better than other options ... and realize the "why" only later ;)

You make me blush, Moonmoss. Well ... some work especially well ... and Cleopatra's ball is definitely one of them! Hmmm ... showing the wrong couple ... Stay tuned!

Thank you for constantly looking in and your loving comments, comet *kisses*

I wasn't satisfied how your first ornament turned out ...

... then I remembered one of your first avatars.

Don't miss the Advent Calendar "Chiefs & Mates" here - a new pic will be added each day.

WolfMoonSky

So beautiful Embala!!Luvlove

Watershaper

You are making beautiful christmas decoration for the forum

cometduster

Thank you for constantly looking in and your loving comments, comet Kiss

I wasn't satisfied how your first ornament turned out ...

... then I remembered one of your first avatars.

Don't miss the Advent Calendar "Chiefs & Mate" here at page # 9 - a new pic will be added each day.

[/quote]

OMG!!...OMG!!...OH MY GOD.....Jumping all around saying *I got one I got one* *stops* *Oh wait I got 2* Jumping around some more Yay...Yay...Yay...With a little dancing....*Eyes wide open now witch one do I use*Hypnotize....AWWWW I have to pick one....I like the star with Shuree, I Heart how you gave a cool color palette...But than I see Cutter and Leetah Hot Hot Hot,I just melted in my seat.....You are awsome you definitely have a great eye for this Embala Thank you sooooo much......Embala I so love seeing what you have done next,For me it's like a kid in a candy store. I like this and I like that HugKissHugKiss

O.K. now I'm going change than you will see the one I chose...HEHEHE

Vojira

Awww! Skyfire and Icetooth! They actually look really cute together! Kinda have the whole beauty and the beast going for them....
Awesome.
(Can't remember ever seen Skyfire look so friendly)

Sefra

These last ones are especially beautiful! Huntress Skyfire looks gorgeous! Happy

cometduster

Ohhh I have to agree with Vojira and Sefra....They look great Embala!!!

Cleopatra

Have to agree with Vojira, Sefra and cometdusterSmile

Embala

Ooochh ... comet! You are so cheerful and thankful for just a little gift - worth something really great. Glad you enjoy it so much!

Skyfire, Icetooth and Dreamsinger ;) there is a hidden elf in the third bauble, Vojira! I must agree that Skyfire turned out beautifully, Sefra :) Thanks, Cleopatra!

Still some baubles missing ... - for you, Moonmoss

Vojira

Huh, can only see some nodes . XD

[Deleted User]

OOOOOHHhhhhoOOOOHHHHHH Hug Hug Thank you so much Embala! It's so lovely and christmassy! *does a happy dance and changes her profile picture*

NEXT PAGE